Thread
Printable Version

Vice Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

1x10 The Hermit Kingdom

Using pro basketball as a reason to visit North Korea was surprising but having the Harlem Globetrotters with them made in interesting and stopping off at the kids park was awesome

2x01 The Afghan Money Pit & The Pacification of Rio

The U.S. having spent almost $100 billion on reconstruction projects in Afghanistan since the invasion is crazy especially the disused power plants and Rio getting ready for the upcoming World Cup and the Olympics was interesting but finding the bullet riddled body in the boot they have a long way to go

2x02 Greenland Is Melting & Bonded Labor

The ice melting at approximately 27ft a year was surprising but using a 30ft pole left for a year is a great way to check how much has melted and the fact almost every building in Pakistan is made of brick with many of those bricks are made with slave labour is diabolical

2x03 American Scrap & Children of the Drones

I'm not surprised there is a boom in illegal scarp metal when you can earn more in one day than you can earn in two weeks manual work and the Drone operators may fire the missile but they are going on other intelligence but civilians dying are tragic and are bound to effect the operators

2x04 A Syria Of Their Own & White Gold

Thomas Morton was brave visiting the front-line of the battle for a Kurdish state and why shouldn't the women take up arms an fight and the video of the way the rhino horn poachers leave the animals is sickening

2x05 Terrorist University & Armageddon Now

The footage of the small car bomb to bring in rescuers only for a larger car bomb to kill them was sickening and Thomas joining an Evangelical tour group in the Holy Land was not what I expected

2x06 Rocky Mountain High & North Korean Defectors

I didn't know on January 1st of this year that Colorado lifted the prohibition on recreational marijuana use and with the cartels could potentially lose up to several billion dollars in profits there is obviously a risk to the legal cannabis vendors.

2x07 The Pink Gang Rebellion & Genetic Passport

I know rape is bad anywhere in the world but every 20 minutes in Delhi is unbelievable and the story of the 12 year old being raped by her 42 year old neighbour was tragic, the Soviet Union detonated more than 450 nuclear bombs in Kazakhstan as a test site was unbelievable and the way the people suffered from the blasts was disturbing

2x08 The Resource Curse & Deliver Us From Drought

You would think that bringing the underdeveloped country into the 21st century should be a good thing with the presence of Exxon Mobil but the fact they still don't have electricity is unbelievable, Texas experiencing the worst drought in its recorded history was terrible and some thinking it's the almighty God who is responsible was surprising but each to their own

2x09 Crude Awakening & The Enemy of My Enemy

If the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010 was bad enough but them and the Coast Guard dumped nearly 2 million gallons of a chemical dispersant called Corexit into the Gulf causing just as much suffering was a double tragedy.  Declaring Yemen as the "next Afghanistan." is a worrying thought

Thread