44 123
Thread
Printable Version

Orphan Black Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Orphan Black Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Orphan Black” follows outsider, orphan and street-wise chameleon Sarah, who will be portrayed by actress Tatiana Maslany (“Picture Day”). After witnessing a woman’s suicide, Sarah assumes the stranger’s identity, who happens to look just like her. Expecting to solve all her problems by cleaning out the dead woman’s savings, Sarah is instead thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery as she realizes the dizzying truth: she and the dead woman are clones.

As Sarah searches for answers, she discovers the chilling fact that there are more people like her out there — genetically identical individuals who were planted in unsuspecting birth parents and nurtured in completely different circumstances. With no idea who created the clones, she’ll need to discover the reason in a hurry as an assassin is killing them one by one. (Source: BBC America)

TV SITE

I am impressed that a Canadian actress can do a British accent reasonable well as well as American accent.

Pilot

Well i like give most series a shot but i think the problem is for a show like this you need a good lead actress and this is first time she is the lead, normally she a supporting cast member but this is her first lead show and given the content i think he made a decent effort but her confused face all the time got a bit annoying.

So let discuss she decided to take a dead women identity but doesn't research it far enough when she realises she's a cop and now that dead women is her so now things are getting complicated . What a cliffhanger

instinct

Well she doing a good job of impersonate Beth but boy she's a fast learner

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

There's more than 2 so far i count 5

Variation Under Nature

I really hope she doesn't runner with the money but it does look like she staying but i knew killer had to be one clone she really a bit messed up with all those scares on her back

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Yes that was funny you would think she would watch a cop show at least once in her life

Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

She was lucky she could grab metal pipe

Effects of External Conditions

Well getting her clone to meet her daughter was predictable but getting found out by the daughter was amusing. That was a close call in the apartment but her quitting is bound to raise questions. Thing have certainly spiral out of control. Just when you think it can't get any more complicated it does with what happen at the end.

Conditions of Existence

Well who would of thought Beth's boyfriend was one people monitor her and finding out she was being experiment while she was sleeping was really freaky but them leaving one electors on her was a careless mistake. Vic finding her was bound eventually happen he can make this whole situation worse

Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Vic really is crazy but i hope after the nailgun did the trick if he comes back after that he gets what he deserved. Beth telling him the truth save her from getting drugged. I am surprised she notice changing the bottle?.

Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Yes it's great to see paul actually be a good guy but smart move getting psycho clone to back her up and her cutting his tail was rather amusing it put a smile on my face-is that wrong

Reply 35#35 codebreaker's post

Helena is nut case so i am not surprised but Kira shouldn't of opened the door

Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

Well she was lucky but now most people now know she's Sarah she can't hide any more

Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

Look like Alison was right first time when she suspect her husband but he really was a good actor but finding there are patent was crazy revelation

Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

i assume it fall under the medical research patent

Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

Yes it is but gene sequence research isn't given  that there were claiming the research was a way to use gene sequence cure cancer . As long as they are not caught they could get away with it. This is a pure guess using common sense

Reply 50#50 codebreaker's post

She is a talented actress certainly can give Nina Dobrev a run for her money playing different characters

Reply 70#70 Milks26's post

It was a great start to the season but finding out who kidnap  Kira was a surprise

Governed by Sound Reason and True Religion

Well we are certainly wonder how many bad guys are there out there that know about the clones ?

44 123
Thread