Thread
Printable Version

Orphan Black Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Governed by Sound Reason and True Religion

Well we are certainly wonder how many bad guys are there out there that know about the clones ?

Mingling Its Own Nature With It

Well finding who Kira father was and he really didn't didn't know but finding out he was mark was sad and Felix being mad that he didn't know who Kira father was amusing. He does seem like a good guy

Governed as It Were by Chance

What the hell was Sarah thinking breaking into Racheal apartment but who would of thought Helena would escape and rescue her mind you it was great cliffhanger not knowing what she's going to do with her.

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 5-11-2014 09:36  
It was a great start to the season but finding out who kidnap  Kira was a surprise
I always knew Mrs S had Kira....figured that out since last season

[quote - posted by Bala]Governed by Sound Reason and True Religion
Well we are certainly wonder how many bad guys are there out there that know about the clones ?[/quote]

Well, when you think about it the current bad guys have always been there. DYAD institute, the cops, and the cult lead Henrik is not new (just expanded). Remember he's leading a flock of followers who broke away from the original Prolethean brotherhood that Helena belonged to.
Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 5-11-2014 09:41  
Well finding who Kira father was and he really didn't didn't know but finding out he was mark was sad and Felix being mad that he didn't know who Kira father was amusing. He does seem like a good guy  ...
Yeah,  I've been waiting for dad to pop up to.

My only issue with that episode was how the guy who works for Dyad found Sara & Kira. How did he track them to the town, much less to Cal's home???? In the end the cop might've felt  suspicious and follow him back to Cal's farm....but how did the other guy find them so fricking fast? The writers missed a couple of big steps in the script.

Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

Well stopping Elena from killing racheal was lucky because they framed Felix with murder Elena did was interesting and Racheal had no idea how close she was to getting a bullet in her head

To Hound Nature In Her Wanderings

Well i am not sure where they are heading in this season but at least Sarah got answer who was responsible for creating them and find him with Mrs S suggest she knew all along they were more clones out there.

Reply 85#85 codebreaker's post

2x6
Man, what an episode...the season is really heating up. You just gotta love Helena....such an animal

2x7
This episode saved all the good stuff for the last minute. Long term sturdy made Donnie's spy on Ali and her activities. Plausible.  Aldious introduced us to his Neolutionist replacement before his death....let's see what she has up her sleeves.
I was spoiled about Aldious death, so I expected it. When Donnie appeared in the end I kinda figured him for trigger man, but, not the way it happened....complete accident. WOW!! Both husband & wife got a body hanging over their heads.

That's classic   

Reply 86#86 Milks26's post

Yeah why you put safety on a gun when you don't use it

ORPHAN BLACK Ep 9 Trailer - Premieres Sat JUNE 14 BBC AMERICA

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-19-2014 06:56 ]

ORPHAN BLACK Season Finale Trailer - Premieres Sat JUNE 21 BBC AMERICA

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-19-2014 06:55 ]

Making of ORPHAN BLACK's 4 Clone Dance Party - BBC AMERICA

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-19-2014 06:54 ]

'Orphan Black': Tatiana Maslany breaks down the season finale and that crazy twist

Tatiana Maslany got to taste both the good and the bad and the maybe in the season 2 finale of Orphan Black. Sarah escaped from the Dyad Institute and was reunited with daughter Kira. (Good.) Rachel watched her father kill himself and then got stabbed in the eye by a pencil-spewing fire extinguisher, while Helena was taken and shipped off an military plane to lord knows where. (Bad.) And Cosima is still sick but might have uncovered some clues to her illness in a book that Professor Duncan gave Kira. (Maybe.) We caught up with Maslany to get her take on these events and more, including that crazy clone dance party (where she had to play four different characters shaking their respective groove thangs), the twist of there also being a group of male clones, and what she knows about next season. (Also make sure to read our season 2 finale Q&A with Orphan Black creators John Fawcett and Graeme Manson.)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: So I know at the end of season 1 a big burden was put on you with all the clone scenes and multiple clone scenes, and when I was on set earlier in the season we talked about how some of that burden had been lifted in season 2. But after watching this finale I was like, did this woman get a break at all? Because you really are in pretty much every scene, and sometimes as more than one character.
TATIANA MASLANY: Yeah, and we had that amazing dance party scene which was pushing the envelope as far as what we could do technically. It took us two days to shoot that, but it was so much fun and so much fun when we finally got to watch it back and see how it had all come together. It was just a total blast

EW: It was seamless. But how did you come up with the dance moves for everyone?
MASLANY: Like any actor who understands the physicality of their character. And dance for me has always been the thing that has been my key towards differentiating the clones, so it was fairly natural. The one that took the most out of me was definitely Helena.

EW: That woman was getting into it!
MASLANY: She loves a good tune, as you can see. She loves to kick it on the dance floor.

EW: Yet she’s so awkward. It’s like she doesn’t exactly know what to do or how to do it.
MASLANY: No kidding! It’s not like she’s ever actually been to a dance. She didn’t go to high school and have all those obligatory growing pains of going to a dance and learning how to move so she moves from a very animal/baby perspective.

EW: My favorite scenes are the ones where you have the three of Sarah, Cosima, and Alison together, but I know how tricky and time consuming they are, so what is your reaction when you see that you are going to be filming that big get together at Fee’s place? Excitement? Dread? Both?
MASLANY: It’s a big combination for me, but I have to say all those scenes were so awesome. I was so excited to read them because there was nothing about them that was plot driven. They were just the characters, the sisters reunited and meeting Helena for the first time. And that was so much fun to play with as an actor. Regardless of the technical things, when you have that lovely scene work to play it just kind of takes care of itself. And the scene between Cosima and Sarah in bed talking about life and death and science — I got to work with [acting double] Kathryn [Alexandre] on all of those takes and she wasn’t pulled out so I didn’t have to look at an X or whatever, so it was really quite intimate and lovely.

EW: Tell me about playing that scene as Rachel where she has to watch her father kill himself right in front of her. What is she sadder about losing there: her dad, whom she thought she had lost before, or the information he possesses? Or is it a combination of the both?
MASLANY: Yeah, I’d say it’s a combination. I think Rachel can’t help but be single minded as far as her work goes, but at the same time I feel like that scene is about a daughter losing her father. It was about her being back as a kid and not understanding this concept of death, and it really brought her to a place that she’s probably forgotten about and pushed away and it’s probably a great deal of the reason that she is so emotionally closed, because she’s been so hurt and so abandoned. So to get to experience that traumatic moment again was obviously a really interesting thing to play with such a guarded character.

EW: How do you view Rachel? Is she the enemy? Is she to be pitied? I know Orphan Black doesn’t really deal with black and white hats and everyone has a little bit of a grey hat, but how do you view Rachel?
MASLANY: I don’t see her as a villain in any way. I think she doesn’t do kind things necessarily, but her iciness and her coldness has to spring from a place of pain and a place of deep humanity. So, to me, it’s fun to play someone who is so loathed and find compassion for her. It’s funny, because she is so much less compassionate than Helena even though Helena is killing people left, right, and center. Nobody seems to think she’s a bad person because we get these glimpses of her soft side and we sort of root for her. But Rachel seems to really get people pissed off. And I kind of love that. I think that’s so fun. As a viewer, I love whoever is the villain, so those are my favorite people to watch.

EW: I cannot believe that we have to go through another entire year of worry about Cosima’s health. How can you guys do this to us again? It’s brutal!
MASLANY: I know, right. We just want you guys to suffer.

EW: I thought we might get some sort of resolution there, and maybe there are some clues in that Dr. Moreau book, but this is a tough one to swallow.
MASLANY: Yeah, absolutely. I feel the same way..

EW: I guess the alternative could have been worse though, right?
MASLANY: I know! I’m just happy she’s still there

EW: Okay, what was your reaction when the creators, John Fawcett & Graeme Manson, told you about the twist at the end where we learn there is also a set of male clones out there?
MASLANY: I was so, so, so excited. Ari, who plays Mark and now a bunch of the other guys, has been such an incredible addition to our show, and I think we all were really blown away by his work. He has so much commitment and so much depth and is so compelling to watch on camera. So when they came to me with that idea of having Ari play those characters I was like, “Oh my God! Absolutely! It would be silly not to mine his talent. He is so fantastic.”

EW: Has Ari come to you asking for any advice on how to play all these different characters yet?
MASLANY: We’ve talked about it. I think for him, the technical thing is what is quite scary for him. So he sat in on the dance party sequence to get a sense of it, which is probably the scariest thing he could have sat in on because that was just a nightmare. [Laughs] But he seems really excited about the idea.

EW: I want to go back a few weeks because I know all of you were really looking forward to seeing the reaction from viewers when you introduced Tony the transclone character. Tell me about bringing that character to life and then the response that came in once it aired.
MASLANY: To me, Tony was a really exciting character to bring up. He sort of offered this whole otherexploration of gender identity and expression and also he was just an exciting character outside of his gender identification. He was sort of this badass in a new way and had this edge to him and darkness to him that was exciting. And what’s exciting to me is that people have been very polarized about him. To some people he spoke a great deal about their own identity. We had an amazing response from trans guys who have seen themselves in him or are so happy to see themselves on screen. And then there are others that don’t feel that he represents them and don’t feel that’s the way it has to be. We never set up to speak for an entire community or an entire experience, and Tony is definitely his own person and his own experience of what it is to be a human and I just loved him. He was so fun and I hope that we get to see him again in season 3.

EW: Such a daring character for you to play and I think it’s funny how John and Graeme were thinking of adding a trans character, and it turns out you and your hair and makeup team were as well at the same time.
MASLANY: Yeah, and we took a lot of risks visually. And I think where Tony comes from is not necessary a very affluent background or very metropolitan background. He comes from a small town and has that kind of vibe about him, which we didn’t really have with the other clones so it was quite fun.

EW: How much have John & Graeme shared with you about their ideas for season 3 at this point?
MASLANY: A little bit. But I can’t say they’ve given me too much info, which is okay with me because I’m always excited to be surprised by what they come up with. But I think we are going to have a little chat about what’s coming up and I’m just excited to hear what they have in store.

courtesy http://insidetv.ew.com

By Means Which Have Never Yet Been Tried

Well next season should be interesting but male clone i should saw coming that was nice twist but this lead to the question what their purpose ? .

Clone dance party was nice moment in break away from the action

Just to give audience some breathing room for cliffhanger

Reply 95#95 codebreaker's post

2x8

Good episode . I hope we get to see Tony again...and delve a little deeper into his background. Makes you wonder what happen with his side of the gene sequence with made him want to change his sex. Very interesting.

Plus, Sarah according to the original design of the program is seen as a failure since she could give birth.

2x9

It's frightening to think of Helena giving birth...I hope that does not happen in season 3. I like Helena's move on the cult  leader...it was so fitting.

2x10

Duncan taking his own life was not expected...but I guess it prolongs the show since they have to find another way to get to the gene sequence and unlocking it which Kira has in the book.

Somehow, I don't think Rachel destroyed Kira's bone marrow....that's too precious to them.

Why is Helena always getting kidnapped?

I knew Mark would turn out to be the male clone. As customary the Proletheans always have their hand on their own clone copy.

Reply 96#96 Milks26's post

Overall, season 2 was great. Very few questions were answered but a lot of new questions were created, which keeps the show going especially with the male clones, the military's angle (what they want with Helena), and will Cosima be able to unlock the gene sequence and cure herself.

Like I said season 2 was great but,  it still cannot hold a candle to season 1.  

Reply 97#97 Milks26's post

Why did Helena leave the Nitrogen canister in the apartment? Does she still believe that she is the one true clone or did she leave it as a weapon they could use? I can kinda see her trying to kill the others (although she hasn't tried this season) but not Kira?

Your thoughts?

Reply 98#98 Milks26's post

I really don't know  and to be honest i didn't even notice

Thread