Thread
Printable Version

Vikings Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 20#20 bala's post

I'm slowly catching up

Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Yes i am slightly behind due to the fact my dad thought it was good idea to start painting my bedroom on Sunday morning which meant i just spend most of yesterday and today helping him out paint my room as well as moving everything out and clean all the mess .

1x05 Raid

Ragnar was lucky to escape from the Earl but having the boat at the right place was incredible and the Earl marrying his daughter to the old guy was disturbing but she was lucky he was drunk and fell asleep in the marital chamber

1x06 Burial of the Dead

I'm not surprised Ragnar wanted a face to face with the Earl for torturing Rollo but he took a hell of a risk as he hadn't healed from the last attack

A King's Ransom

Well asking for £30K weight in coins to leave them alone was ambitious but than going to attack them as decoy was pointless since they won and ended up paying the money .

1x07 A King's Ransom

I liked the way Lagertha dealt with the babies father problem but tragic she lost her own and asking for 2000lb in weight was a strange request and the condition that one of them get baptised was an even stranger request but the waste of life trying not to pay the ransom was crazy

Reply 27#27 codebreaker's post

Well they had to try ?

Reply 28#28 bala's post

He cant think much of his brother as that's what the ransom was for

1x08 Sacrifice

Lagertha praying for a son after her miscarriage was predictable but Ragnar being more interested in who will give him a son was barbaric as there was no way to prove the sacrifices actually worked

All Change

His son seeing him cheat on his mother his reaction was normal for a kid but promising his son he would never do it again broke the promise was sad. I had the feeling negotiation wouldn't work but turning his brother against him was a nice twist.

1x09 All Change

Ragnar having to apologise to Aslaug for his men seeing her naked was amusing and flirting with her in front of his son was wrong, with him wanting a son by any means I wasn't surprised but I found her saying she's carrying his child amusing as it looked like it had only been one day

Vikings: Season 2 Trailer

Vikings Season 2

Brother's War

Well defeating his brother was rather quick but saving his life was surprising but i have to say Ragnar must be mad when his mistress came into his town and suggest she and his wife would share a house but i am not surprised she left afterwards

2x01 Brother’s War

What a waste of all those lives with Rollo refusing to fight Ragnar after the blood shed rather than before but Ragnar pretending not to know Princess Aslaug was expecting his child was amusing and suggesting they all live together was asking for trouble

Reply 38#38 codebreaker's post

so glad she left him

Reply 39#39 bala's post

I'm also glad their son went with her

Thread