29 12
Thread
Printable Version

Standoff Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Standoff Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

i honestly don't know where to start with the discussion since i've seen all the episodes and i don't want give spoilers so i just focus on the first episode since i'm assuming most people have watched pilot episode by now-

the one thing i liked about the episode was in the first episode was fact that a big secret was revealed within first 5 minutes. which was that  the 2 lead negotiators were seeing each other this was a shock for people they work with and you notice in each episode they will try focus that into story-line sometimes successfully and sometime very badly and for some reason i enjoy both these character on-screen but i don't know why. i think they do make a great couple but question how long will it last before something prevent from doing their jobs. it's always bad seeing person you work with.  i have feeling something bound to go wrong

i realise this isn't everybody taste but i like it because it's watch able. i'm tv addict so i love any show that has ok story-line. i honestly don't nit-pick stuff and i know some people will find this series boring. i think that's reason why only 18 episodes were made. rumours this won't get renewed but i have my fingers-crossed.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-5-2015 18:42 ]

1x03

just started watching standoff and am on the 3rd episode.  
talk about obvious that it's a 2 person team.  the bad wig was the 1st tell.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 2#2 kwargalla's post

i was annoyed it got cancelled they could had a hit with this show

still watching the season but it really is to bad that it was cancelled.  i like the characters as a group so i could see the show becoming something really good.

Reply 4#4 kwargalla's post

Well i'm glad you enjoying it

1x15

such a great opening 4 minutes....talk about a OMG reaction from my.  can't wait to see where this episode is headed....

1x16 - the blue chair is mine.....

red is a primary colour, it's an agresive male colour, you should be happy to have red.

suck it up matt!!

just watched episode 17 and i'm starting to think they better not leave the series ended how i think their gonna leave it.  especially cause they canelled the show.

Hey all,

so I just watched the whole series and by episode 11 i was SO hooked. Episodes 17 and 18 were brilliant entertainment. I was laughing out loud on 18 . Why did the series makers wait so long before introducing humour into the relationship story?!?!?! Why did we have to wait til the last five or so episodes to have chance to finally bond with the boss and the IT girl?!?! It was so good when these things finally arrived....

There are so many places that this show could still go, I like that bar downstairs from their office where all the FBI drink. In the last episode where you see the couple Emily and Matt  bickering we also (finally!) see the open office where everyone sits and the scene's funny because you see fellow workers pretending not to listen in to their argument!!

Also in the last 10 episodes all the actors playing in the hostage situations are all stronger, you feel for their characters, their situations and suddenly the show becomes richer. The city of LA and the surrounding area is also used a little more and I felt like I was finally being introduced to a pinpointed location with real people living in it as opposed to 'hey we're doing a cop show so lets just film it in LA cos thats where our studios are'. I dont think that I've ever watched a tv show filmed in LA that truly claims the area and the real communities living in it so this show should do it in season 2!!! I love this show and would definitely watch a second series.

The actress that plays the hispanic wife in 1x18 was so funny, I've seen her in something else but i cant remember and it's really bugging me!!!! And when the mother-in-law turns up - classic.

Anyway, phew, I should probably stop blabbering on now heheheheheh

was this cancelled, as i liked the show

Reply 10#10 spratt89's post

it was a great show i don't know what happen

me either, and it was great, they always do this

Reply 12#12 spratt89's post

that networks for you

yes always gets rid of good shows

Reply 14#14 spratt89's post

fact of life

Episode 1

So i went back to the start of the season as its been a while since i have seen it. All in all, a great pilot episode, The episode was very well written. It had great dialogue and the chemistry between the characters was very good as well. The episode did a good job of introducing the premise to the show and the main characters, as all good pilot episodes should. I wasn't thrilled with the relationship between the two characters and have a feeling that the "if you go in there there won't be an us" scene will be used frequently during the show. However, I enjoyed the episode and am definitely looking forward to seeing the rest of the season.

Episode 2

This was a interesting episode and was well written, I liked how Matt handled the situation and the way that this episode planned out, i loved the ending. I also liked it when Matt said

Matt: (to Cheryl) Lehman and I are seeing each other. Still. We figured that since there's no Bureau policy against it, and since we're doing good work according to you, we're gonna give it a go and see what happens

Episode 3

Great episode, Loved the case in this episode! It was veally cool, and how Emily found out that he used to be a negotiator, I liked the tention betwine the boss and Matt, but how he still stayed with Emily. I could not believe that Matt of all people was terrified of dogs! And the last seen was so good! We see them lieing toghther and talking. And he sais in his whierd way that he likes her! it was so good!

Episode 4

There is a lot of Emily/Matt development in this episode. The case was investigating a stream of robberies committed by the same man. However, what the team does not know is that he has a female accomplice which messes up the plan when she takes Emily hostage and Matt risks the case to get her back. In the end, they take down the bad guy and everything is back to normal. The story in this episode was pretty interesting. I liked seeing the relationship of the robber couple as well as Matt / Emily. Overall, good episode with good character development.

Episode 5

This episode was the best one so far. It is not about the standoff it is about people. It is about loss. The loss of a loved one. Three of the people involved in this episode have lost or are about to lose a person they really love. The kid that takes the hostages is about to lose his sister from cancer. Matt lost his mother after an accident and doctor Cory lost his mentor. I think that the last scene of the episode is the one that says it all. It was the first time in the series that Matt wasn’t a hostage negotiator. I couldn’t see him like that. All I could see was that little boy that lost his mother.

29 12
Thread