34 12
Thread
Printable Version

Red Widow Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Red Widow Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Red Widow Premieres on ABC on March 03, 2013

Marta Walraven seems to have an idyllic life. A stay-at-home mom in tony Marin County, just north of San Francisco, she is devoted to her three children and her husband. Behind this perfect façade, however, is a more complicated story: Evan, Marta’s husband, supports the family by exporting marijuana. Marta is familiar with the world of organized crime: her father, Andrei Petrov, and his loyal bodyguard, Luther, are Bratva – Russian gangsters – in San Francisco. It’s a world from which she and her sister Kat always wanted to escape, though they never quite did.

But when Evan is brutally murdered in their driveway, everything changes. Marta’s first concern is to protect her children – and yet when FBI Agent James Ramos promises Marta justice in exchange for her cooperation, she cannot go against the Bratva code. She refuses his help.

Slowly, the truth about her husband’s murder begins to emerge: Evan’s business partners – Marta’s scheming brother, Irwin Petrov, and their best friend, the hapless Mike Tomlin – were involved in the theft of millions of dollars of cocaine from the formidable international crime boss, Nicholae Schiller. Evan paid with his life, but as far as Schiller is concerned, his debt is not clear. It falls to Marta, as Evan’s widow, to navigate the criminal underworld in order to repay this debt – in whatever way Schiller sees fit.

Hounded by the FBI on the one hand and by Schiller on the other, while also trying to raise three grieving kids on her own, Marta discovers a tenacity she never knew she had. As she hunts for the truth about her husband’s death and struggles to keep her children safe, she’ll rely on her resourcefulness, determination and her Bratva DNA like never before. But just how far is Marta willing to go in order to beat her adversaries at their own deadly game?

Red Widow stars Radha Mitchell as Marta Walraven, Sterling Beaumon as Gabriel Walraven, Clifton Collins Jr. as FBI Agent James Ramos, Luke Goss as Luther, Suleka Mathew as Dina Tomlin, Erin Moriarty as Natalie Walraven, Jaime Ray Newman as Kat Castillo, Jakob Salvati as Boris Walraven, Lee Tergesen as Mike Tomlin, Wil Traval as Irwin Petrov, with Rade Serbedzija as Andrei Petrov and Goran Visnjic as Nicholae Schiller.

Based on the Dutch series Penoza, Red Widow is executive-produced and written by Melissa Rosenberg (Dexter, “Twilight Saga” films), and executive-produced by Howard Klein (The Office, Parks & Recreation) and Alon Aranya. The series is produced by ABC Studios in association with Endemol Studios, and is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Red Widow Here

Pilot

Well this was a good start to the series and look like she needs to make some tough decisions. The kid uses his dad's gun on bully was scary. What his exit plan would have caused so much trouble . I had feeling she would give the stick to FBI but edit the information to protect her family was risky and now she has to make a deal with bad person to protect her family.

1x01 Pilot

I'm not surprised Martha wanted out after Boris took Evan's gun and with Mike threatening to kill him at the party was unfortunate and Marta having to navigate the criminal underworld in order to repay her husbands debt should be interesting

1x02 The Contact

It's sad that Boris is still having visions after he witnessed his dad's death but it's also understandable and Marta asking Mike and her father, Andrei to teach her the criminal business is going to be interesting as she has already knocked one guy out and upset his replacement at first

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Well she getting closer to crossing the line but being forced firt with new guy and it backfire was at least a bit realistic . if he had agreed it would been too easy but so glad she decided tell him the truth

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I thought this show was "the mob doctor" but she's a mom and it was her husband.  I don't see this show going anywhere.  I was bored.     Lady grab your kids and RUN!  Leave!  Don't look back.   Family or not...
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 9#9 arksongbird80's post

The diffrence is she was stay at home mother now she's a drug runner

The consignment

Well i had feeling that it wasn't going to be a one time deal but bring the other guy to the meeting was mistake because he ended dead but discover she's a problem solver was a surprise to her

1x03 The Consignment

I'm impressed that Bob managed to get the container out after the slip up but tragic it cost him his life and Natalie leaving Boris in the street after the motorbike was careless

This has now been added to the flash site

The Escape

So much for trying escape but her brother really was a problem for her, it just going makes matter much more worse for her

[ Last edited by bala at 3-18-2013 18:38 ]

The Recorder

Well it does each episode she doing something crazy and now she want try to do it on her own-man she can't make up her mind.

1x04 The Escape

I know you can't pick your family but with in-laws like Irwin making things twice as hard is going to get interesting

1x05 The Recorder

I thought it was obvious what Gabriel was doing when she burst it so asking what are you doing was amusing and her saying he's wearing condoms was priceless, Natalie catching Kat kissing in the car was just rotten luck

34 12
Thread