Thread
Printable Version

Jericho Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #3 janenjab's post

It's definitely not a Sci-fi show! There's nothing Sci-fi about it. It's more of a action drama, sort of like Prison Break.

I actually like the series. They haven't really finished the story. So I'm glad they renewed the series even though it wasn't for a full season. I'd love to get to know more about Jake's and Hawkins' past. Also, trying not to get into too much details or giving anything away, I want to know more about what happens "now"

It's definitely a show everyone should check out. This show it's kinda like a worst-case scenario to what could happen to any countries in the wake of terrorism. It deals with corruption and everyone's darkest fear. I think the show got canceled probably because everyone's too scared to see what could really happen. I think people should watch it to better prepared themselves for any kind of disasters.

p/s I think it was categorized as a Sci-fi show... because it was aired on the Sci-fi channel?!

Reply #7 janenjab's post

LOL maybe Sci-fi ran out of shows to air?! But it's a Sci-fi channel... shouldn't they only air shows that it's actually Sci-fi in nature?

"Now"... I think after you finished watching season 1, you would know what I meant by "Now"... with all the new issues... I'd love to say more but you said No Spoilers... So I'm trying not to type too much!

Ya, I was gonna say you could watch the episode on Inner Tube. But I see you already knew that

Reply #8 waterlilybarb's post

Wednesday night do have a lot of great shows like Lost... I can see why you weren't able to check it out earlier

I have to say my views might be a bit skewed due to the fact that the show stars Skeet Ulrich... it's hard to resist his shows

Reply #10 janenjab's post

LOL I wouldn't read so much into the "light" Rogers was referring to...

In my opinion, he was not exactly conscious when he saw that light... you know like when someone's having a near death experience... they tend to "see" things...

If this is a Sci-fi show... I would categorize Lost as a Sci-fi show as well... seeing they are on an island that no one knows exist... seeing that they were reportedly dead... yet they are still alive... and what's his name... Richard - he still looks so young! The only reason I could think of is that they got abducted by the aliens LOL

Reply #14 janenjab's post

I'm glad you like the show.

I really hope they could do another full season instead of just 7 episodes. Really there are too many interesting stories to tell, too many loose ends to tie... they can't fit everything into just 7 45mins shows! If they did, that's just NUTS!

The sad part is now we gotta wait another few more months before we find out what happens next...

Frankly, I think one of the reasons they are canceling the show is because this show touches on some sensitive issues... issues that people aren't ready to see or hear on TV, issues that TV networks are trying to avoid in case it turns into reality... I don't think most American are ready to watch such shows just yet. That's why the show is having such bad ratings.

Reply #16 bala's post

The nuclear attack happened in the first episode... 23 cities were destroyed and tons of people died from all the explosions... so I think this part would trigger some fear and painful memories for 9/11 victim's family... and possibly deter them from continuing to watch the show.

I just think it would be hard for many Americans to see such devastation happen to their own country even though it's just fiction...

Okay I have to say I didn't realize the final episode I watched was the final episode till now... I was so looking forward to the next episode!

The ending wasn't much of an ending for me.

Thread