Thread
Printable Version

Jericho Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #6 roca's post

The reason I didn't watch it was because it was on at the same time as something else, can't remember what right now.  I've seen parts of episodes, but haven't really had a chance to sit down and watch a whole one.  It sounds interesting, and I remember thinking last fall, when it first came out, that I'd like to check it out.  When I have a bit of time, I will give it a go.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Query

I finally watched episode 1 and it seems a little bleak.  I haven't read the above posts, because I don't want any spoilers.

I just want to know if the whole show is as depressing as the first episode.  I'm hoping it isn't, and will watch a couple more to give it a chance, but if you've already watched season 1 can you just give me an idea of the overall feeling of the season.  Thanks.

Reply 1#1 bala's post

Thanks for remembering to add the new discussion thread.  I was just going to do it, as the show premieres tonight.   Unfortunately for me I still have to finish watching season 1, but I'm taping the show tonight because I'll be caught up before next week's episode.  I'll be back when I've seen it.

Well, I finished season 1 today.  I'm extremely happy it was renewed because that would have been a terrible way to leave us hanging.  The premiere aired yesterday, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Interestingly, I finally read this whole thread and was wondering exactly the same thing that Jane did.  Why is this show in the Scifi category?

I'm so glad that the entire season wasn't as bleak as the 1st few episodes.  It's an interesting take on how people would react in such an extreme situation.  The season finale was sad, but also left me wanting more.  I can't wait until I can watch the new episode to see what happens next.

Finally got to watch it.  I'm glad the battle has ended but it looks like there's a real war brewing.  

I got annoyed by Eric, saying that he lost more with the death of their father than Jake did.  Just because Jake had been away for 5 years doesn't take away the love he had for his father, nor does it diminish his loss.  I understand that Eric is still coming to terms with the death of April and his unborn child, but he needs to grow up emotionally.

I love Mimi & Stanley.  They are a great couple, even though they are so different.  It was so sweet to see the loyalty she has built for "her family" and how she made sure that Stanley didn't get taken advantage of by the new government.  I also loved when Stanley gave her his mother's ring.  I was puzzled to see no evidence of Bonnie though.  I'm hoping she still lives at home, as I enjoy the interaction between her and Stanley, as well as that between her and Mimi.

I think Jake will make a great sheriff, and I am also interested to see what happen with Hawkins and his new friend.

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I can.  This new government is not one that has been chosen by the people.  Jake knows the bigger picture and the real story about the bombings.  The town's people are NOT going to be happy that Ravenwood is taking over in town.

I was happy to see Bonnie, but am missing Gail.

I didn't notice the peanuts in last week's episode either.  Were they in this episode too?

Reply 11#11 desertdarlene's post

Me too.  Dale was an interesting character.  And if the town was ever in need of a mother figure, now is the time.  Gail hasn't been seen at all since her husband's death, and now they say she's visiting relatives in another town.  I hope she returns before the season ends.  Maybe after the show originally got cancelled the actress obligated herself to something else, like a play.

Reply 14#14 bala's post

Well, since I just finished watching season 1 a few weeks ago, I can say that Jake told his father that he had killed a little girl while he was working overseas.  Plus, the episode that showed what they were doing before he arrived back in Jericho indicated the work he did wasn't on the up and up, so none of that surprised me.

I did like that Dale was back, and that he returned with supplies that weren't just for the benefit of his pocket.  The fact that he genuinely wanted to help the town reminded me of the kid we 1st met, just more mature...and willing to get his hands a little dirty if it means helping the townspeople.

I really don't like the character D.B. Sweeney is playing...the head guy for Ravenwood.  He's such a weasel. I DO like that Esai Morales' character (Beck, I think) is realizing this new government isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Trish, the one who has befriended Bonnie, and works for the company is turning into a good character.  I hope she doesn't get caught...at least not right away.  I also hope that nothing happens to Bonnie when (and if) she goes to visit Cheyenne with Trish.  That would be terrible for Stanley.

Episode 2x4

OMGoodness!  The ending was awful!  I won't say what happened since many of you won't get to see it until tomorrow, but I'm gobsmacked!

Reply 20#20 bala's post

She certainly did, but I really liked her.  Poor Stanley!  On another note, I'm very happy to see that Captain (?) Beck is beginning to put the pieces together.  Who do you think the mystery voice is that's been calling Hawkins?  Do you think it's someone we've met (briefly) or someone completely new?

Thread