56 123
Thread
Printable Version

Jericho Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Jericho Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Jericho Season 1 Here

The storyline revolves about the residents of Jericho, a small, rural Kansas town, in the aftermath of nuclear attacks on twenty-three major cities in the contiguous United States. The series begins with a visible nuclear detonation of unknown origin over nearby Denver, Colorado, and a loss of power and modern communications, effectively isolating Jericho. Later, power is restored to Jericho by what is alluded to as the efforts of the U.S. government, but soon after, an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) disables all electronics. Several themes regularly addressed in the show are gathering of information, community identity, public order, limited resources, the value of family, and internal and external threats. The show also features several mysteries involving the backgrounds of major characters, the perpetrators of the attack, and the extent of damage to the United States and its government.

Click Here For The Jericho About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Jericho on VIPTV.net

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 00:05 ]

Reply #1 janenjab's post

Im about half way through the season and this show just keeps pulling me in! I couldn't believe that CBS wasn't going to renew it so I decided to find out what changed their mind. What I found was so funny and interesting, I have to commend the fans that took the effort to get this show back on air! The move they made sending nuts to CBS, the symbolism had me giggling they really did drive them NUTS!   I'm so happy they decided to renew the show for at least another 7 episodes and to give it another shot to get a larger fan base. I can't wait I'll surely be tuning in!

You can find out more at  HTTP://JERICHOSAVED.COM
   It only takes a minute to change your life... | PAUSE |   

Hmm...

One thing I'm wondering is why is this show in a Sci-Fi category, I've yet to seen anything that would label it so, but I'm only halfway through the season. It seems more Action Adventure/Drama. For those of you that have seen it, tell me is there something Sci-Fi to this show, I don't want to know anything specific just a yes or no LOL No spoilers please!   So is it Sci-Fi or did we put it in the wrong category?

that's an intresting point but surely you admit slightly science fiction in sense that this only town that survived

Janie I would have to say its a drama, the fact that only the town survived is hardly enough to justify sci-fi.

Also the way it gets so involved later with family, relationships, and blah blah blah, it lost me during the season, I was one of the few that watched every episode and was not surprised to see it canceled. What surprised me is the brought it back.

There is a bit of action at times, but it is nothing on the ranks of that of 24 or PB. The scenes of any real violence are often tame in comparison to todays tv standards.

I say move it to drama.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply #3 janenjab's post

It's definitely not a Sci-fi show! There's nothing Sci-fi about it. It's more of a action drama, sort of like Prison Break.

I actually like the series. They haven't really finished the story. So I'm glad they renewed the series even though it wasn't for a full season. I'd love to get to know more about Jake's and Hawkins' past. Also, trying not to get into too much details or giving anything away, I want to know more about what happens "now"

It's definitely a show everyone should check out. This show it's kinda like a worst-case scenario to what could happen to any countries in the wake of terrorism. It deals with corruption and everyone's darkest fear. I think the show got canceled probably because everyone's too scared to see what could really happen. I think people should watch it to better prepared themselves for any kind of disasters.

p/s I think it was categorized as a Sci-fi show... because it was aired on the Sci-fi channel?!

Reply  #5 dognxtdoor's post and  Reply  #6 roca's post

Good to know I wasn't missing something sci-fi-ish having it go completely over my head . I agree with Dan in that I don't see how Jericho surviving makes it Sci-Fi and also i don't think Jericho is the only town that survived. We know of others that did as well and got over run with corrupt people. But the shows is about Jericho and the people there so of course they would focus on that.

I think your right Roca they might have categorized it as such because it aired on the Sci-Fi channel lol  it's funny some of the shows that are making it on there like the daytime soap Passions   

I for one also have to agree with Roca on liking this show and I'm so excited they brought it back I think the move that the fans made was brilliant very well thought out and executed with class. Not many shows have been brought back because of fans making a strong stand for it.

Roca, you have me itching to find out what you meant by "now" I was bumbed episode 11 on the site is actually the sepcial Return to Jericho as I didn't want to move on without seeing the episode BUT lucky me CBS has all the episodes online so I watched it there!

Reply #6 roca's post

The reason I didn't watch it was because it was on at the same time as something else, can't remember what right now.  I've seen parts of episodes, but haven't really had a chance to sit down and watch a whole one.  It sounds interesting, and I remember thinking last fall, when it first came out, that I'd like to check it out.  When I have a bit of time, I will give it a go.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #7 janenjab's post

LOL maybe Sci-fi ran out of shows to air?! But it's a Sci-fi channel... shouldn't they only air shows that it's actually Sci-fi in nature?

"Now"... I think after you finished watching season 1, you would know what I meant by "Now"... with all the new issues... I'd love to say more but you said No Spoilers... So I'm trying not to type too much!

Ya, I was gonna say you could watch the episode on Inner Tube. But I see you already knew that

Reply #9 roca's post

I totally agree about the Sci-Fi channel lol I think they aired Passions because of all the quirky stuff that's been going on in there with witches, the devil, mermaids and people coming back from the dead, etc Don't ask how I know what's in the show...

As for Jericho I'm still wondering why? The only thing I can think of and thats' because I don't know if they tell you why or what in the further episodes was when Emily's fiance Roger came back and was telling her about seeing the most beautiful thing he's ever seen and described some circular light in the sky that made him keep moving on instead of giving up... Haha now if it was a UFO or something lol or was it the light people see "at the end of the tunnel" when they are dying or a guiding light from the heavens above or just a light from the refugee camp LOL... I still haven't figured out which so maybe that's what they are hinting at but don't quote me on that lol cause I've no clue lol

Even more intrigued to find out your "Now" lol I want to find out more NOW! I just got done with the Semper Fidelis episode (SEMPER FI!) and I can't wait to see the next! Jericho here I come!

Reply #8 waterlilybarb's post

Wednesday night do have a lot of great shows like Lost... I can see why you weren't able to check it out earlier

I have to say my views might be a bit skewed due to the fact that the show stars Skeet Ulrich... it's hard to resist his shows

Reply #10 janenjab's post

LOL I wouldn't read so much into the "light" Rogers was referring to...

In my opinion, he was not exactly conscious when he saw that light... you know like when someone's having a near death experience... they tend to "see" things...

If this is a Sci-fi show... I would categorize Lost as a Sci-fi show as well... seeing they are on an island that no one knows exist... seeing that they were reportedly dead... yet they are still alive... and what's his name... Richard - he still looks so young! The only reason I could think of is that they got abducted by the aliens LOL

Reply #12 roca's post

LOL   Yes, I can imagine he was quite out of it after all he'd been through and walking so long, it could even be delusional. LOL but it was the only thing I could think of trying to justify the SCI-FI issue LOL That alien theory of yours is just as sound as my light one hahaha we might be on to something... or NOT... I think Lost is more Sci-Fi than Jericho with the whole black smoke monster thing and people having what seems to be powers like the Walt issue but that show is so ... CONFUSING MYSTIFYING INTRIGUING ... that we never know what the explanations can be. For all we know they are all back in the loony bin and this is all in Hurley's mind   (tho the producers denied that )

OKAY I'll stop speculating and get to watching more epis!

Reply #12 roca's post

.... ...   ...

So I've finally caught up and I got to say I don't know what the network was thinking when they were going to leave the show off like that! "NUTS" to them indeed! LOL I've finally got your "now" reference roca and I've got to say that I'm itching for the next season to start! I hope they pull in enough viewers to have it go past the 7 or so episodes they've signed on for so far! I think this is a wonderful show and I like the storyline I can only imagine what's going to happen next season!

I really can't wait to find out more about these characters. Hawkins and Jake have some really interesting back stories. I was totally bummed to see Johnston die I'll miss his character. I still can't believe how the viewers must have felt with that cliffhanger and thinking the show was gone for good! I think the made a vailiant effort and I'm happy the show is coming back for at least a few more episodes!

Reply #14 janenjab's post

I'm glad you like the show.

I really hope they could do another full season instead of just 7 episodes. Really there are too many interesting stories to tell, too many loose ends to tie... they can't fit everything into just 7 45mins shows! If they did, that's just NUTS!

The sad part is now we gotta wait another few more months before we find out what happens next...

Frankly, I think one of the reasons they are canceling the show is because this show touches on some sensitive issues... issues that people aren't ready to see or hear on TV, issues that TV networks are trying to avoid in case it turns into reality... I don't think most American are ready to watch such shows just yet. That's why the show is having such bad ratings.

Reply #15 roca's post

wow i hadn't thought of that that sounds really deep by blame them in the environment we live in people don't want to think about this. i've no problem watching it because i know it's fiction but if people who watch 24 can enjoy that show-why can't they enjoy this show-both similar concepts but different perspectives. 24 focus on before the attack and jerico focus on aftermath.

Reply #16 bala's post

The nuclear attack happened in the first episode... 23 cities were destroyed and tons of people died from all the explosions... so I think this part would trigger some fear and painful memories for 9/11 victim's family... and possibly deter them from continuing to watch the show.

I just think it would be hard for many Americans to see such devastation happen to their own country even though it's just fiction...

Reply #17 roca's post

suppose your right. from UK it's much easier to watch i don't know what it's like americans-i saw attacks on tv live-i will never forget that day because i was watching one of my show than breaking news went live to show aftermath-at first you just couldn't believe it but i was so glad they didn't show any graphics stuff that was shown late night news.

Reply #15 roca's post

You might just be on to something there. With all that has been happening it might just be a bit too close to home for them. I for one just find the show really intriguing you are so right there are so many loose ends and so much of this story they can get into. I'm definitely going to try and rally up some support and recommend some friends and family to tune in!

I wonder if the people at the network ate all those nuts LOL

Query

I finally watched episode 1 and it seems a little bleak.  I haven't read the above posts, because I don't want any spoilers.

I just want to know if the whole show is as depressing as the first episode.  I'm hoping it isn't, and will watch a couple more to give it a chance, but if you've already watched season 1 can you just give me an idea of the overall feeling of the season.  Thanks.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

56 123
Thread