29 12
Thread
Printable Version

Underemployed Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Underemployed Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Underemployed Premieres on MTV on October 16, 2012

From Emmy-nominated producer Craig Wright ("Dirty Sexy Money," "Six Feet Under"), MTV's new scripted comedic drama "Underemployed" follows a group a five friends--Sophia, Daphne, Lou, Raviva and Miles--all filled with lofty goals, romantic dreams and hopefulness for complete world domination on their road to adulthood. But what happens when things don't go exactly according to plan?

"Underemployed" picks up one year after their college graduation when reality has set in and the group struggles, often comically, to stay optimistic through the major life changes young twentysomethings know all too well, including dead-end jobs, terrible bosses and romantic mistakes. This group of old friends becomes a new family as they go through all the highs and lows in their newfound adult lives and prove together that if life is about living, none of them are underemployed. The series, which is currently in production in Chicago, will feature 12 hour-long episodes and is slated to launch in fall 2012.

Sophia struggles to hold on to her dreams of becoming a writer, as she serves maple bacon bars at Donut Girl, while Daphne continues to toil as an unpaid and unnoticed intern at an advertising agency. Lou and Raviva ended their relationship when she left for Los Angeles to become a famous singer, leaving Lou on his quest to save the environment, but all that changes when she shows up on his doorstep nine-months pregnant. Meanwhile, Miles aspires to be a world famous model, the face of a major ad campaign, but instead finds himself serving mojitos and mini-tacos in his skivvies.

The series stars Michelle Ang as Sophia; Sarah Habel as Daphne; Jared Kusnitz as Lou; Inbar Lavi as Raviva; and Diego Boneta as Miles.

Source
Homepage
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About Underemployed Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-14-2013 00:00 ]

Pilot

A very good episode i really enjoyed it and it look like a great show reminds me of Skins except there are young adults starting the lives but i like how situation changes with all the character trust MTV to put all adult content in very sneaky into the episode .

The Crib

Another good episode with friend like these you really can raise a baby but bat signal was nice thought but as they get older no way they can drop everything to help out. I am glad she told them it was a her

The Roommate

Well i am not surprised he wanted to move out but him saying he's lesbian whisper was rather amusing consider he wasn't . I am slowly liking this show it's great to see friendship like these on a tv show

1x01 Pilot

How bizarre Daphne being worried about being fired from an unpaid intern-ship especially after a year but her boss being a dirt bag was a surprise, how their expectations changed after graduating collage was interesting

1x02 The Crib

You just knew the others would discus Sophia first time behind her back and her being pissed was predictable but what all the other did for Raviva and Rosemary was awesome

1x03 The Roommate

The way Miles made it even after Lou accidentally saw Chloe's nipple was amusing and Todd stealing Daphne's idea at work was interesting as all ideas actually belong to the company but the client wanting Daphne on the campaign made up for it, Sofia made the right choice with not having sex with Miles

1x04 The Days of Yore

You just knew Miles would turn up at Daphne's for the audition and Lou's supervisor not warning him about the smell in the toilet was disgusting but Miles being caught by Sophia's parents was amusing but their reaction when she told them the truth was sad especially cutting her off financially

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yes but her parent would eventually find out she could lie but i am glad she asked them for the key which showed character.

1x05 The Trivial Pursuit

Daphne on a lunch date with Keith was amusing and it sounded like he was into a threesome back at his place but getting him drunk paid off in the long run

This has now been added to the flash site

The Trivial Pursuit

Well that was one nice house guest after proposing both of them he actually clean up after himself and left  was rather amusing

The Tasting

I had feeling that his work girl had feeling for him and it look like she made her move cause a bit of tension between him and Raviva

1x06 The Tasting

Raviva getting jealous over Lou's female work colleague when she has her own male friend who also tried to kiss her was ironic and the way Miles got the crowd under control was interesting

The Focus Group

Well look like she after Lou and what a seductiveness she is because she got him but i was rather confused when she said we didn't have sex because it did look like they had but if she call that fooling around but i hate to say this but wouldn't it be amusing if she became pregnant   .

Reply 16#16 bala's post

It did look like they had sex but she did comment on how good he was with his fingers so perhaps it was just foreplay and you new Daphne taking to her boss about the job offer was bound to cause trouble and what a great way to teach Miles a lesson about not calling back

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Well i thought Miles was confess to her at end to her about it but they both chose to not say anything.

1x08 The Gig

Jamel helping Raviva get a gig was bound to cause problems with Lou and Sofia trying to find out if her new friend is gay looked awkward but a little predictable she wasn't gay

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

Yeah but Lou use it as excuse to cheat on her was sad . I really don't think Raviva and Lou can work out but he will probably be there for the kid but i still don't know whether the kids is his ?

29 12
Thread