Thread
Printable Version

Elementary Seasons 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

2x01 Step Nine

Nice return, Sherlock going home, even for 1 episode was cool, and seeing 2 literary characters, Lestrade and Mycroft and the mention of Langdale Pike (who was a columnist in the books) and of course the address of 221 B were the best parts of this episode.  The murder investigation was trivial and really a small part of this episode.

[ Last edited by sanggye at 9-27-2013 14:46 ]
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 84#84 codebreaker's post

Nice catch with the history, though believe it or not it is possible to research one's history and not find any information about siblings, especially when it is not obvious..  Especially taking in account of not getting along, different schools, the time period (before social networking and public usage of the internet. and her history search might have not covered that.

I found the murder and solving to be blah, especially the deduction, all he saw was one item.  It had been too long since the murder, there was no gun powder residual (even Holmes said that) I can list at least  other 8 reasons, only one of which has to deal with a gun.

But this episode was good, not because of the murder, but for the interactions in it, and also the usage of some classic Holmes' elements with those interactions.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 88#88 kellemanske's post

There are million dollar awards to solve certain math problems, look up millennium prize problems.  And it wasn't that a second person solved it, it was that using the other's work they were closer to solving it.

Reply 90#90 kellemanske's post

It happens all the time in real life, take for example Alexander Graham Bell, who did not invent the telephone, but was the first to patent it in the United States, at the period of time, others were working on the same thing.  This has happened quite a few times in the history of innovation.

Reply 100#100 codebreaker's post

Watson is really coming into her own as a consulting detective, good for her.

Thread