25 12
Thread
Printable Version

How to Become a moderator on This Forum ?

yep, good advice

i had to learn all of this the hard way-you guys are lucky and stone this is brilliant thread. it's a lot of responsibility-i know what's it like when you join this place and want to become a mod but trust me level of responsibility is quite high. like advice above which is some good advice i never got as a member.only got this when i became a moderator
Recent Ratings
  • stone Points +2 thanks , and I would like to make you th 7-25-2007 19:48

ok fine.

Quote:
Originally posted by themegababe at 8-27-2007 17:18 Bala, I thought you were a moderator, are you not? You are always talking to me about Men In Trees (I think) and have lots of comments.
i got suspended after starting an argument with a member and never look back of course if they offer it to me again i would say yes but right now I'm happy being a regular member as i have other commitment right now which take priority over this. mainly waiting for job offers reply & study final accountancy exams. i have learnt from my mistakes i made as a moderator mainly try not take on too much responsibility and treat member with respect.the main thing try patient with members even ask same questions. last thing try not let your emotions get better than you. i'm example of member who was promoted to moderator too quickly and got punished because i didn't understand how this place worked . it was a good learning experience. i hope i get 2nd chance in future. ps: i could modertorship back if i had ask members to recommend me but i choose to stand by my actions rather than beg member re-instate me. i rather people nominate me because they like me not because i ask them. :)
Recent Ratings
  • lbjedward Points +6 Excellent! Extra points. 9-19-2007 06:39
  • dognxtdoor Points +10 Excellent Bala, of course work and your 9-17-2007 19:04

Reply #69 kks's post

well at least you got the right attitude

i'm trying get a second chance as moderator but i wonder what are my chances-first time around i didn't understand my role but now after see what all new appointed mods are doing i understand what to do this places is called friendvista so i hope i can get a second chance.

in case people wonder my application was reject because i seem to be enjoying being a member for than a mod

Reply 87#87 dognxtdoor's post

thank you for your kind words, it's a shame they can't be new status for member-for mod they 2 type moderators and super-mod but member there just 1-it would be nice if status 'super-member'. . i would love to represent this site-i support this 500%-amount of time i spend on here. as to your points- i think being a moderator gives more respect than being average member. note those member who register never come back. it just feel being member logged in those 103507 normal member. nothing distinguish me from them. sometimes i question if i'm respected? guess i've got accept that-it nice of you say so and it means a lot. here me thinking one day i was going be one of you lot.

thank you we all got medal together but your right those are few thing i have achieved coming to my 6 months. i appreciate advise both you and dan have given me.

Reply 91#91 casper27's post

you don't enjoy being a member?

Reply 93#93 casper27's post

that's good i think you would make a good mod but remember working from home that you don't spend too much time on here otherwise you would let work slip a bit. trust me i know how addictive internet forums are

Reply 96#96 casper27's post

it's the least i can do-i wouldn't want you be unemployed like me

Reply 98#98 shinny's post

You do know that once you a moderator you can't enter quizes for other shows? i'm still in doghouse to become a moderator-i think i should give up accept my fate into becoming regular member-at least i can earn loads of points

Reply 100#100 shinny's post

good luck in your application

Reply 104#104 Myaers's post

thank you,

Quote:
(most of the time Bala beats me there)
That because i've have too much time on my hands

Anyone interested?

Reply 118#118 Micallefs's post

why were you absent-if you don't mind me asking-if it's personal just pm IBJ the reason

Reply 120#120 Micallefs's post

That's perfectly fine we do understand thing come up in life that are important

Reply 124#124 spratt89's post

we usually expect member to be on here 3-6 months before considering

Reply 126#126 spratt89's post

you have keeping me busy this month

Reply 128#128 spratt89's post

don't worry about it-it just you post just as much as me and it's difficult to keep up

25 12
Thread