Thread
Printable Version

How to Become a moderator on This Forum ?

Can I be brought back into selection for a mod now? I was told to wait for awhile., and it's been awhile! haha

I was just wondering what exactly a moderator is responsible for?

Reply #62 nmarkle's post

First and foremost, we are representatives of the site and do our best to promote it in a positive light. We assist members with their queries, steering them in the right direction and can act as a medium between the forum members and the administrators of the site. We make sure that members adhere to the rules of the forum and if necessary can ban repeat offenders. (Supermoderators or Admins only) All moderators have at least 1 show for which they are responsible. Their job is to monitor the threads for their shows and generate interest in it. Sometimes this is done by setting quizzes or games or by making interesting or thought provoking posts. Moderators are able to award forum points around the forum as well as for their own shows. Being a moderator of this site has for me been most rewarding. It is interesting to see the thoughts of people from all around the world posted on the site about the great shows we love to watch. I hope this makes things clearer for you. Edited by trulee Dec 5 07 In addition to what has been posted above, being a moderator of this forum is not just about creating games for the show(s) you run. Its about showing a commitment to the site and all it stands for. [ Last edited by trulee at 12-5-2007 19:49 ]
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Reply #20 Yuppy's post

I would love t be a MOD of some of my favorite shows here. Right now I don't have all the basic requirements needed to be a mod...but I just wanted to state my interest. I love tv-video...great site...great shows...friendly users and Mods/Administrators thanks [ Last edited by Milks26 at 10-30-2007 23:06 ]

Reply #64 Milks26's post

What does loving tv.com have to do with modding at tv-video?
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Quote:
Originally posted by silver1978 at 10-30-2007 03:29 What does loving tv.com have to do with modding at tv-video?
Oh shi*! It was an error..... [ Last edited by Milks26 at 10-30-2007 23:20 ]

Reply #66 Milks26's post

I'll say, it makes us to think we have to share in your affections.

Mod-ship

Hi, I would like to be taking into consideration for a moderator position. Ever since I joined, I have been on here at least twice daily (I'm addicted, what can I say). I believe I would be a great addition to the team, seeing as I am an active member all over this site and recently started the Dear Gossip Girl game which has given a lot of positive feedback. I do believe I meet the requirements and I know you will not be dissapointed in picking me as a new moderator. I noticed that NUMB3RS is lacking a moderator so I can to this thread to see if I met the requirments of a mod. If I am granted this request, I would be more than happy to moderate the NUMB3RS thread. Thank you, Arielle

I would also like to be a moderator one day. I still don't have some of the requirements, but when I do, I want in!!! One of my favorite things is playing the games, so I would love to be in charge of one of my favorite shows and make up the quizzes. Too much fun! I am also a big supporter of VIP, I think it is the best site out there, as far as quality, reliability and selection. And you really aren't asking for much.

Reply #69 kks's post

well at least you got the right attitude

Reply #70 bala's post

well, we all gotta start somewhere! it's hard to post when there are so many people who have all the answers! ;)

I still new to the site and was wondering what the moderators didnt till i read what trulee said and i think that you all do a great job and maybe one when i have met the requiremst i will join you all. Thanks for all the information

I just started a week ago even though I've been registered since June. I'm not sure if I post lengthy posts, but I do keep my eye on all of my favorite shows' boards. Them being Bones, Cold Case, Samantha Who? and Private Practice. In time, I would LOVE to be a moderator for something. All of the existing moderators do such a great job. If somebody doesn't post on a thread, they do. Edited: As I'm just remembering, I need to meet the requirements. But as I already stated, in time, I'd love to be a moderator. trulee, it is an honor to become a moderator. [ Last edited by redsoxpatriot30 at 11-22-2007 01:56 ]

Moderators

I'm new to the whole forum thing and I'd like to know what a moderator does. I'm not trying to become one because i don't know what I'm doing yet, I'd just like to know. Any information would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally posted by filgriff at 12-5-2007 18:19 I'm new to the whole forum thing and I'd like to know what a moderator does. I'm not trying to become one because i don't know what I'm doing yet, I'd just like to know. Any information would be appre ...
Read the # 63 post (author Trulee) ....your question will be answered.

i'm trying get a second chance as moderator but i wonder what are my chances-first time around i didn't understand my role but now after see what all new appointed mods are doing i understand what to do this places is called friendvista so i hope i can get a second chance.

Reply 76#76 bala's post

What do you think you would bring to the role this time around if you were re-instated as a mod? You can reply here or in a PM. Your request as they all are will be referred to the appropriate authorities

So...in order to be a mod, you must show respect and contribute often to a show? How do you become a mod? Well, I know you must meet the requirements (not there yet!), but what else? I'm kind of confused...

Reply 78#78 redsoxpatriot30's post

The two things you mention dont only apply if you want to become a mod, I would hope that all members will show respect to eachother and contribute to the shows they love. Its a bit like applying for a job. You fill out your resume and its assessed and a descision is made. After the minimum requirements as set out in post #1, its difficult to say precisley what further elements are required, although personally I would say the quality of the posts made would be important. Some members are made mods because of their overall contribution and commitment to the site and others request it are considered and if deemed suitable, appointed. It also depends on whether there is a requirement for a mod at the time. Hope this clears things up even if only a little.

Quote:
Originally posted by redsoxpatriot30 at 12-10-2007 23:14 So...in order to be a mod, you must show respect and contribute often to a show? How do you become a mod? Well, I know you must meet the requirements (not there yet!), but what else? I'm kind of confu ...
I think Trulee explains it well in # 63 post (author Trulee). Read through the entire (How to be a Mod section...I did, instead of repeating the same question over) Sometimes it's not about how much you post, but what you post. Make a valid contribution to a show, speak about the characters etc. You should show respect to everyone on the forums...not to become a Mod, but because it's courteous and always the right way to behave.

Thread