Thread
Printable Version

How to Become a moderator on This Forum ?

Quote:
Originally posted by dognxtdoor at 9-1-2007 05:39 We have some of the most top rated shows over the last 10 years or so on this site. I really don't know what it is exactly your are looking for.
a show that i never watch yet lol..mostly all the tv show that are on the site i pretty much watch them all already..so im lookin for something new..

Reply #1 stone's post

I would love to become a moderator and I do qualify. I would have well over 200 posts if we hadn't been hit by the hacker and I'm here everyday participating and offering help. I don't know a lot about computer's, but I've gotten to know this site pretty well and will learn more everyday. The shows/boards I feel I would be great at moderating are Fall: The Unit, ER, NCIS Prison Break, Heroes, Grey's Winter: Traveler, The Shield 24 Summer: Army Wives, Rescue Me First Choice Already Being Mod (otherwise would be first choice) I'm sure there are a few more and that there will be new ones after the new season. I know that some of these are already being moderated, but if anyone needs help or if someone leaves or changes their mind down the road. Please, keep me in mind. Thank You

Oh and a important one BIG LOVE Geeze, I completely forgot about EDIT.........

I was thinking about being a moderator, but after the hacker attack and when the VIP web site went off line, I changed my mine. I give you guys and gals credit. You have to have a lot of patience to have this job. You all are doing a great job fixing problems as fast as you can. Keep up the good work. Penny
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

so whos gonna be mod? lol

Reply #45 vietbeat's post

There have been quite a few promotions while you've been offline. The most recent are funnygirl, gymcoach, silver1978 and gypsiegirl. Apologies to any I've missed out.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

I would love to be Torchwood moderator. On the torchwood board I done a quiz and a Summary of the show and a Epsiodes Guide with a character Guidde soon to come.I would like to think that I am helpful and friendly to other membes of this forum. I know I have not got the over 150 post just under half but I have only just had time to be active in this forum as shown being online this months for 10 hours so far. I have over 150 forums and I would give out my points to other members for useful respones and answering questions for my quizs. So please may I become a moderator on this forum and I hope this long post will not count against me.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Reply #47 01torres's post

long posts are never counted against you....It was actually a very nice, and informative request. We will consider this your formal request, and please be patient. I am not sure when a new mod will be apointed, but you will have to be discussed when that happens. Thank you for your request.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

I would also like to be considered formally. I am most interested in Men in Trees, Grey's Anatomy, and the Office. I have made episodes guides for all of these shows as well as starting a few trivia games. I am at 13.5 hours, but i lost about 10 when the site crashed. I have 39 points and 118 posts, so I know I am under. But I would like to be considered for the next time you choose. also, great job appointing gymcoach to grey's, she has done great work there!

Reply #49 themegababe's post

We will accept this as your request, but, I would point out you have not been a member for that long yet. Continue to contribute as we have seen you doing, and continue being active, and your request will be considered again. I hope you understand I am not saying your request is not valid, its just you have not shown your longevity to the site yet.

Right, but I was a member for a week or so before the crash. So it is a bit longer than it says! But I do understand needing to see some real longevity! Thanks!

ok fine.

Quote:
Originally posted by themegababe at 8-27-2007 17:18 Bala, I thought you were a moderator, are you not? You are always talking to me about Men In Trees (I think) and have lots of comments.
i got suspended after starting an argument with a member and never look back of course if they offer it to me again i would say yes but right now I'm happy being a regular member as i have other commitment right now which take priority over this. mainly waiting for job offers reply & study final accountancy exams. i have learnt from my mistakes i made as a moderator mainly try not take on too much responsibility and treat member with respect.the main thing try patient with members even ask same questions. last thing try not let your emotions get better than you. i'm example of member who was promoted to moderator too quickly and got punished because i didn't understand how this place worked . it was a good learning experience. i hope i get 2nd chance in future. ps: i could modertorship back if i had ask members to recommend me but i choose to stand by my actions rather than beg member re-instate me. i rather people nominate me because they like me not because i ask them. :)
Recent Ratings
  • lbjedward Points +6 Excellent! Extra points. 9-19-2007 06:39
  • dognxtdoor Points +10 Excellent Bala, of course work and your 9-17-2007 19:04

thanks for explaining. that must have been humbling. i appreciate that a lot!

Quote:
Originally posted by trulee at 9-15-2007 01:00 There have been quite a few promotions while you've been offline. The most recent are funnygirl, gymcoach, silver1978 and gypsiegirl. Apologies to any I've missed out.
oo i see..i havent been offline it just there isnt nothing on this site to watch..i check every day to see any new shows still havent find any..congratz to them!

Reply #54 vietbeat's post

There hasn't been a post from you in quite a while in the New Show Suggestion thread. You requested Bleach and the SImpsons before and got them, why not suggest something else you would like to see?
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Quote:
Originally posted by silver1978 at 9-19-2007 07:25 There hasn't been a post from you in quite a while in the New Show Suggestion thread. You requested Bleach and the SImpsons before and got them, why not suggest something else you would like to see?
i only request bleach and boys meet world i dont think i ask for the simpson tho lol..well the reason why i havent post here lately cause i cant watch a full episode on the site..for some reason after it goes to the middle it just goes timeout error lol..i will think of some good show to request...until that get fix i wont post as much as i used too..

I would like to become a mod, I fit all the criteria except for number of posts (3 under). I try to be as helpful as possible when I can, as other members, mainly mods, normally get there first. I was inactive for a period, but from now on I will be able to get on here a lot more often. I would like to mod scrubs, but I'll take whatever I'm assigned to. I hope you will consider me.
Peace - through superior firepower

Ok Commando we will accept this as your request...and it will be discussed thank you for your submission. You are right, when your active, you always try to help out, you have been here for quite a while as well. In the mean time lets see you around more like you stated

hi i know you have added alot of shows recently and are looking for mods well i could moderate something like family guy or another animation just to fill out some spaces and i think i would be a good mod becaue i am pretty good with technical thngs and could think up alot of quizes also i could be online quite frequently

Reply #59 mcleod's post

Looking at your figures, you just about qualify. I'm sure your request will be considered. As you can see there are quite a few people who would like the honour of being a mod on this forum and I do consider it an honour. Keep active and being helpful. This will all add to your request.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Thread