Thread
Printable Version

How to Become a moderator on This Forum ?

Great Job

Thanks a lot for your kindness , my friends.

do u get to pick where u would like to be a mod at or is it where ur most needed??? also do u need to be a mod to put up a quiz?
Come Over To The Dark Side, We Have COOKIES!!!!!!

stone

so whos the new moderators? lol

gabismom was promoted to moderator most recently.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply #22 mamaeyeore's post

The show you moderate would be one you enjoy but is also chosen on need. So the answer is both.

tyvm for answering

Reply #22 mamaeyeore's post

You don't need to be a mod to post a quizzes. However, if you are not a mod, you won't be able to reward points. To solve this, you can have a quiz that doesn't give out points, or you can ask us mods to help you reward your top scorer! Hope that helps

tyvm n yes it does help

I obviously do not have the forum experience to become a moderator, but I was stunned and amazed when I discovered this site earlier today, and I think a close look at my admittedly small number of posts so far will show that I hope to become a major member of these forums. I am not applying for a moderator position, but I hope someone will note me somewhere on a watch-list.

Reply #29 Apollo's post

no problems apollo good hard work is all ways noted so is copy pasteing lmao have fun and enjoy thats all we ask magic4u
The Mod Police Are Watching You

I would love to be a moderator as well. Although I am still new here, so I undersdtand the hesitation on waiting (until 150 posts and regular hours online). My one hesistation is the amount of points to get. I found it really hard to get points. I try to make necessary and informative posts, but I do not get points. Oh well. I would like to be a moderator in a few weeks or so. Thanks. Also, once you are a moderator, is it for certain specific shows. Because I would love to be added for Men in Trees and Gilmore Girls.

Reply #31 themegababe's post

You will appreciate that being a moderator on this forum carries a responsibility and the posts/hours and points criteria is just one element of what is taken into consideration when choosing suitable candidates. I know due to the hackers, your registration date may not be an accurate one but my suggestion would be to play as active a role in the forum as you can for a while longer. If you make interesting or useful posts, we moderators will award points and you can soon reach the required minimum. Shows are given to moderators on a need basis but preferences are also considered too. I dont say you will achieve your ambition in a few weeks but one never knows. I look forward to reading your posts in the future. ps Gilmore Girls already has 2 moderators so you would not be eligible for that.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Reply #5 bala's post

Bala, I thought you were a moderator, are you not? You are always talking to me about Men In Trees (I think) and have lots of comments.

Reply #32 trulee's post

haha thanks! It is dissappointing that so much was deleted, because anything that I said is now gone. I joined about a week ago. I had a few new threads and posts, but yea. I had 6 points before, and am now done to none. But I look forward to more hours on here and having some good discussion. I believe we had some back and forth conversations as well, that are now gone. It is hard to remember all that I was dicussing, as some of the threads are now non-existant. And I do not want to take over the mods job of re-creating them

Quote:
Originally posted by themegababe at:22 PM and I do not want to take over the mods job of recreating them.
Oh please don't let that stop you...POST POST POST!!! Start your own discussions, ideas, thoughts....feel free to create new threads in any of your favorite shows.

Reply #35 dognxtdoor's post

haha my main worry was re-doing the episode recaps from Gilmore Girls. but since I am not a mod I had to split it in two, I think. Can mods make larger posts with more characters?

Reply #36 themegababe's post

hmmm...honestly I guess so, I don't remember a ever making a post that was too big, even as a member. I would have to look into that for you.

Just realized there is no mod for Grey's Anatomy. i love that show and would love to be a mod for that! Since GG is already full!

Quote:
Originally posted by dognxtdoor at 8-27-2007 17:37 Oh please don't let that stop you...POST POST POST!!! Start your own discussions, ideas, thoughts....feel free to create new threads in any of your favorite shows.
lol when i first join i post so many every thread had me in it..but ever since i havent find any good show to watch i just stop posting no point...been here for 3 month and still no show that i wanna watch yet..hopefully there be a new show that i can watch soon im just keep waitin..

Reply #39 vietbeat's post

We have some of the most top rated shows over the last 10 years or so on this site. I really don't know what it is exactly your are looking for.

Thread