Thread
Printable Version

Call The Midwife (BBC One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

3x02 Episode 2

Trixie being upset after Jenny is promoted to the new Acting Sister was interesting but the mother-to-be revealing that the baby she is carrying is not her husbands did make things a little awkward especially as the other guy was black and going into labour early and giving birth to a girl was the icing on the cake as she has boys but the husband threatening to get rid of the baby they had to take her to keep her safe

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-10-2014 10:10 ]

3x03 Episode 3

You can understand the pregnant prisoners not having special treatment but you have to feel sorry for Stella at the prospects of loosing her first child for her first criminal offence but Sister Julienne saving the day was great

3x04 Episode 4

You have to feel for the young mother who left the clinic early as she had to also look after her mother who hasn't been outside for years and Alec wanting Jenny to accompany her to Brighton for the weekend sounded nice until he fell after they argued and loosing his foot was a surprise but I cant believe he died after he was making plans for their trip to Brighton

3x05 Episode 5

If treading in dog mess wasn't bad enough but having that smell on your shoes while at the diner table would be enough to put anyone off and Sally who has down’s syndrome being pregnant was interesting as back in those days they thought she had been abused but Jacob being sent away after the still birth was sad

3x06 Episode 6

Patsy's childhood was a surprise but what she did to help save POW suffering from a tropical disease was incredible and so glad the Irish couples baby survived

3x07 Episode 7

Pamela having the green light put in the window to indicate she had a girl was nice and Cynthia being concerned that she is overly anxious was understandable but I didn't think she would go that far, Jenny not liking the way the hospital run the maternity ward was predictable

3x08 Episode 8

Jenny looked ready to drop after spending the night with first time mother Jeanette and PC Noakes finding Lady Browne in great distress was sad but at leased bringing her to the home to be cared for in her final days was nice

Will this air in the US?
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

3x09 Christmas Special

What a good job the new girl had the sense to ring Nonnatus House when she suspected the matron of drinking while on duty and what a shame for Nancy finding out she cant have a baby

4x01 Episode 1

So much for the new mother thinking blonds have more fun after Trixie delivered her baby while kneeling in vomit and the kid helping look after his sibling was impressive and I cant blame him for stealing food

Thread