Thread
Printable Version

Call The Midwife (BBC One) General Discussion (Spoilers)

2x03 Episode 3

Jenny going to cover at a short-staffed London Hospital was an eye opener and finding herself working under the intimidating surgeon was unfortunate but his arrogance almost costing Jimmy his life was diabolical, the twin was lucky not to died thanks to her sisters interference but having twins was ironic

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-18-2013 22:39 ]

2x04 Episode 4

How tragic that Ruby gave birth to a long awaited boy only for him to be born with spina bifida and Jenny letting her emotions get the better of her didn't help but the husband threatening to take him to the home was a gamble that paid as that was the first time she held him

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-18-2013 22:40 ]

2x05 Episode 5

I wondered when Jenny meet Nora Harding why she was upset at being 17 weeks pregnant but finding out she paid to get rid of it made sense and you can understand why she attacked the woman she paid, having eight kids already and another on the way would be hard and risking a back street abortion was sad

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-18-2013 22:40 ]

2x06 Episode 6

Jenny discovering her dying patients daughter is eight months pregnant but was hiding it with a corset was interesting as she was the only survivor out of seven siblings but her father dying just after he held his grandson was sad and Sister Bernadette was lucky she had an xray to encourage the young girl as it discovered she needed treatment

I guess with Sister Bernadette in the sanitorium there will bo no more examining her conscience over the Doctor.  I have wondered what would happen were they wanting to persue things would she be persuaded not to break her vows or encouraged at a chance of happiness?

The looks the typing pool girls were giving Julia as she walked in pregnancy bump proudly before her to give in her resignation.  It reminded me of those 'diet coke' ads where the girls moon over the hot guy lol
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-7-2013 22:16 ]

2x07 Episode 7

Jenny's sense of hummer is great saying they will need a post mortem to see if the neighbour has a heart of gold and I'm glad Monique was OK after being subjected to racial prejudice from her neighbours

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-7-2013 22:17 ]

2x08 Episode 8

Sister Bernadette looked so different out of her nuns habit but nice that the doctor went out to find her and the proposal was a nice touch, Fred's having to look after his pregnant daughter Dolly's son was amusing and glad Chummy was OK after that scare

Call the midwife - where to see full eposide

Noticed Call the Midwife not on viptv.net yet. any idea if and when if will be available. If not where I can view full episodes? Live in Canada cannot watch BBC One online.

Reply 33#33 celticgirlca's post

Quote:
Originally posted by celticgirlca at 7-21-2013 16:18  
Noticed Call the Midwife not on viptv.net yet. any idea if and when if will be available. If not where I can view full episodes? Live in Canada cannot watch BBC One online.
You will need to either find a source yourself or request anyone that might know where to watch it online to send you a PM because it is against forum policy to post unsupported links.  You might be able to find it on Netflix Canada, but I don't currently have that, so cannot be sure.  That isn't a free site, but they do offer a 7 day free trial.  Any free sites or downloading sites would have to be sent to you via PM because we can't verify the safety of them as re: malware, etc.      

If you've not done so already, you can post your request in this thread.  Please be sure to read the instructions in post #1 in order for your vote to be included.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-10-2014 10:11 ]

2x09 Christmas Special

What a time to be evacuate when a unexploded bomb had been uncovered nearby and after Alan freaked out with the ball coming through the window it was obvious he was suffering from PTSD but helping his wife through the birth helped him, Dr Turner's son getting Polio was sad but being able to attend the wedding was great and the bomb disposal guy was lucky to get out alive after dropping the detonator

3x01 Episode 1

You can understand why Jenny was worried about the new mother Merleā€™s mental state but the father saying he lost a brother at the age of four does make you think the children could have a genetic illness

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-10-2014 10:08 ]

Thread