25 12
Thread
Printable Version

Bomb Girls Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Bomb Girls Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Bomb Girls
is a six-part Canadian mini-series, profiles the stories of five women working in a Canadian munitions factory in World War II. They find themselves thrust into a new world, and changed profoundly as they are liberated from their home and social restrictions.

Official Site: http://www.globaltv.com/bombgirls/index.html

Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomb_Girls

Bomb Girls promo

Part 1

Well this isn't the type of show i watch but there's not much to watch today i gave this one a shot,  Gladas is one hell of a women I don't know whether she was kind or awful accept that guy proposal who was going to war considered she was already engaged and what a way end the episode with fight with her soon be husband. Vera lose part of her skull in the accident was awful glad her boss made sure got whatever she needed to fix the damage was nice.

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I just thought she was jealous of Betty being rich and spoilt but i think it's was great of Glady step in when Vera got injured but lipstick kiss on bomb was a nice touch

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

if it's still in one piece after it explodes

Misfires

Well the suggestion box was good idea but those photos were that bad . The fact guy were protected and women were blamed for that bomb but that kiss was not expected

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yeah she learnt some new about him hopefully that will make her realise more to people than where they are from.

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Well you just knew News Reel would end up putting some lies and no wonder she was upset but this was common practice during the war it gives a different perspective to war  

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Well there probably would been in the real footage but not finished news reel

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Yeah but with only 2 more episode left it will soon.

Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was good season finale

2x01 The Quickening

Look like Gladys' family is using her job as platform for the company but i am glad she stood up and give credits to her fellow worker. I just knew that the bible salesman father was end up dead and covering the body was smart . It certainly set up second season nicely but eventually that body going to be found .

That close call with factory thinking it was get bombed but realistically i knew that wasn't a possibility because the point of this series is about the bomb factory.

Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

But at least he got punch the guy not bad for a disabled person

Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

Well she was lucky that he was able to leave there but asking her dad whether he made a phone call was a surprise

I seriously need to catch up on this show but i keep forgot every week

Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

That was awful prank but it worked to get her attention but ending look like her son is suffering from PTSD. I was surprised there was no racism with new girl i thought some white girl would give her a hard time because of her skin colour.

Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

I didn't find the lesbian relationship interesting considering the time period.

Reply 33#33 codebreaker's post

I'm so glad they caught the person but you just knew she would believe it was a set up.

Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

Yes but her getting recruited to be a spy was a surprise ?

Romeo Foxtrot

Well look Marco has decided to turn and has no clue he is being watched.

25 12
Thread