54 123
Thread
Printable Version

Bomb Girls Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Bomb Girls Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Bomb Girls
is a six-part Canadian mini-series, profiles the stories of five women working in a Canadian munitions factory in World War II. They find themselves thrust into a new world, and changed profoundly as they are liberated from their home and social restrictions.

Official Site: http://www.globaltv.com/bombgirls/index.html

Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomb_Girls

Bomb Girls promo

Part 1

Well this isn't the type of show i watch but there's not much to watch today i gave this one a shot,  Gladas is one hell of a women I don't know whether she was kind or awful accept that guy proposal who was going to war considered she was already engaged and what a way end the episode with fight with her soon be husband. Vera lose part of her skull in the accident was awful glad her boss made sure got whatever she needed to fix the damage was nice.

Reply 3#3 bala's post

I can't believe he didn't think before going to Lorna to ask her to help him to tell Edith her husband had died and talk about bad timing for the airman to ask Gladys out but the proposal before their second date was a surprise and typical blokes having a hole into the girls shower, Betty was a bit of a bitch in the ladies talking about Gladys

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I just thought she was jealous of Betty being rich and spoilt but i think it's was great of Glady step in when Vera got injured but lipstick kiss on bomb was a nice touch

Reply 5#5 bala's post

Who ever gets that bomb will want to keep it as a souvenir

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

if it's still in one piece after it explodes

Reply 7#7 bala's post

I mean keep it as a souvenir, it's would be a waste of time afterwards

Misfires

Well the suggestion box was good idea but those photos were that bad . The fact guy were protected and women were blamed for that bomb but that kiss was not expected

Reply 9#9 bala's post

Blaming the women for the misfire was predictable and the jerks in the hospital were cruel considering what happened to her last week

1x03 How You Trust

You can understand why Lorna put the newspaper in Marco's locker when she thinks he's responsible for the bomb that exploded but after dinner with his family it looks like she's got it wrong and the way Gladys handled the thief and not saying anything about James cheating on her with the thief was interesting

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yeah she learnt some new about him hopefully that will make her realise more to people than where they are from.

1x04 Bringing Up Bombshell

Hazel giving James the clap was ironic but it looks like Gladys will eventually forgive him and you can understand why Gladys didn't want to be the poster girl for the factory when her family still think shes in the office and Betty was a good replacement but the finished news reel was a pack of lies

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Well you just knew News Reel would end up putting some lies and no wonder she was upset but this was common practice during the war it gives a different perspective to war  

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I thought there would of been footage of Gladys in the background which would of let the cat out the bag about her working in the factory

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

Well there probably would been in the real footage but not finished news reel

Reply 16#16 bala's post

Her family is bound to find out before the end of the season

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

Yeah but with only 2 more episode left it will soon.

1x05 Armstice

James reaction to Gladys letters was predictable but at leased he now knows what it was like for her when he cheated and it looks like the deal to send the soldiers the contaminated food was going ahead but lets hope he gets a taste of the contaminated food and did Vera help Archie to die with her pills

This has now been added to the flash site

54 123
Thread