Thread
Printable Version

Bomb Girls Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

1x06 Elements of Surprise

First of all i must thank VIP for adding this and impressed it played first time so much appreciated

Carol trying her best to warn Gladys's of the unannounced visit from her father was nice but it was a four gone conclusion he would find out but Lorna suspecting she's pregnant was interesting but using the test to get Gladys fired was sad but after her mothers visit I'm not surprised she did it, Kate and Betty i seen coming but Kate's reaction should of been expected with her religious upbringing

PS i hope this gets another season

Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was good season finale

‘Bomb Girls’ renewed for Season 2

The news comes a day before the first season finale of the six-part miniseries. Shaw has doubled the order for the second season to 12, which will air at an unknown date and time.

Bomb Girls premiered Wednesday, Jan. 4, to 1.6 million Canadian viewers on Global, and has maintained more than a million viewers in subsequent instalments. It was originally designed to be a TV miniseries, but given the ratings success it was ordered for a second season.

The hour-long period drama follows five women who work in a munitions factory during the Second World War, and stars Meg Tilly, Jodi Balfour, Charlotte Hegele, Ali Liebert, Sebastian Pigott and Lisa Norton.

The series was created by Michael MacLennan and Adrienne Mitchell and is filmed in and around Toronto. Bomb Girls is produced by Muse Entertainment and Back Alley Film Productions.

“With six powerful episodes, Bomb Girls has struck a chord with Canadians and we’re thrilled with the grassroots initiatives and overwhelming support this original series has generated,” Barbara Williams, senior vice-president of content for Shaw Media, said in a release.

“As we work with our production partners at Muse and Back Alley, viewers will have the opportunity to continue the journey with these brave women facing a new reality during this fascinating time in Canadian history.”

Check back to TV Guide Canada tomorrow for Melissa Hank's exclusive interview with star Jodi Balfour, as she sounds off on the "explosive finale."

Source

2x01 The Quickening

Look like Gladys' family is using her job as platform for the company but i am glad she stood up and give credits to her fellow worker. I just knew that the bible salesman father was end up dead and covering the body was smart . It certainly set up second season nicely but eventually that body going to be found .

That close call with factory thinking it was get bombed but realistically i knew that wasn't a possibility because the point of this series is about the bomb factory.

Reply 24#24 bala's post

Not the place to be during an air raid but quick thinking about moving the train and poor Gladys being caught between her fund raiser and her father political career

2x02 Roses Red

Thinking the body would still be there was a unrealistic but you would of thought it would of been in the paper but the way she handle the police was great and James being drunk with a gun was a bad combination, Vera new guy seems nice I just hope she don't get hurt and Bob sticking by Lorna was a surprise

Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

But at least he got punch the guy not bad for a disabled person

2x03 The Enemy Within

I loved the comment when Lorna was mincing meat " she would have to buy me a drink " when referring to tongue and Gladys having to drive them to the prison after she got him an hearing would of been nice if they weren't arrested

Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

Well she was lucky that he was able to leave there but asking her dad whether he made a phone call was a surprise

2x04 Guests of Honor

Eugene was acting like a jerk at diner and the way Vera organised the ladies to pack the bags like a production line was interesting, Betty capturing one of the escaped prisoners was impressive but the reason she helped him was a surprise and turning him afterwards was an even bigger surprise

2x05 The Harder We Fight

Eugene prank calling Gladys was cruel but amusing and I'm surprised she went to the beach with him after her accident and then getting caught by the police was priceless

2x06 Where There's Smoke

After Gladys helping to save Eugene's life for her then to go home and find James had died in action was tragic

2x07 Party Line

James's mother was a little hard on Gladys at his funeral but you can understand she was grieving and the Corbett's having some good news was nice, the girls catching the real thief was impressive

2x08 Fifth Column

Gladys was right to be suspicious of the woman asking questions but how she managed to get in the factory was strange as of all the security checks, Betty's big mouth getting herself into trouble was interesting and Kate's determination to get a response from the solider was nice

2x09 Something Fierce

Lorna talking to the reporter was bound to have consequences but all the girl backing her up was great and who would of thought she would get a pay rise out of it, Kate learning how to be a burlesque dance to get the singing gig was interesting

I seriously need to catch up on this show but i keep forgot every week

Reply 31#31 codebreaker's post

That was awful prank but it worked to get her attention but ending look like her son is suffering from PTSD. I was surprised there was no racism with new girl i thought some white girl would give her a hard time because of her skin colour.

Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

I didn't find the lesbian relationship interesting considering the time period.

Reply 33#33 codebreaker's post

I'm so glad they caught the person but you just knew she would believe it was a set up.

Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

Yes but her getting recruited to be a spy was a surprise ?

Thread