23 12
Thread
Printable Version

Endeavour (ITV1) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Endeavour (ITV1) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Endeavour Premiered on ITV1 One on January 2, 2012

Marking the 25th anniversary of the very first episode of Inspector Morse, Shaun Evans steps in to John Thaw’s shoes to play the younger version of Colin Dexter’s iconic character.

Set in 1965, the story follows the hunt for a missing schoolgirl which draws Endeavour Morse back to the place which will ultimately shape and define his destiny – Oxford.

Deep in a full-blown murder investigation and led by Detective Inspector Fred Thursday, Endeavour finds himself side-lined, discredited and at a dead end.

Will he risk it all in the hunt for a truth that could haunt him for the rest of his days?

Homepage
Source

Discuss Anything About Endeavour Here

Pilot

What morons dismissing Morse's idea about the crossword puzzles just before the body was found near were the clue said but submitting the wrong puzzle was a surprise and I'm surprised he passed out at the autopsy until he said it was his first but what a great conclusion that it was the wife that killed the girl and then herself and the corruption through the government was despicable

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-14-2013 09:08 ]

1x01 Girl

Secretarial student Margeret Bell dying from the initial medical verdict of heart attack did look strange and Endeavor's explanation about the bicycle was great but his new inspector wasn't impressed as it made him look bad and to make thing worse he solved the case after they arrested the wrong person

1x02 Fugue

I'm not surprised the neighbour complained about the classical music and the new inspector bringing in his own so called expert after Fred asked for Morse to help on the case was predictable as he doesn't like Morse but Morse figuring out the next victim's name would begin with a D was impressive it's just a shame it was a six year old girl but finding her alive was great but meant they got the wrong D, the new inspector so called expert being the killer was priceless

1x03 Rocket

How diabolical saying it was an inconvenient time to be murdered just after HRH Princess Margaret's visit but the factory murder linking to another from twelve years ago was interesting but the new inspector still giving Morse a hard time is getting frustrating as he has proved him wrong in every episode but love the bluff to get the confession of where he hid his jacket

1x04 Home

You can understand Thursday getting annoyed after the wreath was sent to his house and Vince trying to get a message to Thursday through his daughter I thought was a bad idea and I didn't expect him to pull a gun on them but lucky for Morse he kept the gun when he was nearly the third victim

2x01 Trove

The man falls to his death just after the carnival queen being shot with blood pellets was a surprise and Morse being mistake for the suicide victim was terrible as they looked like police and Thursday getting his own justice was great, with the body count increases and also being linked was interesting as it steamed from a soldier changing his identity

2x02 Nocturne

Thursday asking his daughter to hold the TV Ariel so he could watch football was amusing and the schoolgirls take a trip to an Oxford museum at the same time as the man was attacked and died I thought was too much of a coincidence as some of the girls looked suspicious but killing one of the girls was a surprise and being because of an ancient heritage was crazy

2x03 Sway

Vivienne the victim being discovered choked to death in her home by a pair of stockings was interesting as it was the third strangling in a month and the woman from Fred's past fainting when she seen him was surprising but her committing suicide was sad, I thought the girl late for work was going to be the next victim as she got into a car after leaving the pub and the store detective planting stolen goods in ladies bags in the hope of getting them to pay a fine instead of calling the police was crafty but putting it in Fred's wife's bag was his downfall

2x04 Neverland

The ventriloquist dummy running off at the mouth while being questioned by police was amusing but with the victims being linked to where they were planing to build the new police station was suspicious, the police trying to kill Morse was incredible and then being arrested after Thursday was shot was barbaric police corruptions

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-9-2017 13:30 ]

3x01 Ride

What a cope out blaming it on a mental breakdown of the AC involved for Thursday being shot and Morse getting arrested and Jeannie being taken of the ghost may have been found alive if her boyfriend had said something straight away but the copper in Morse was bound to investigate on his own while being suspended

3x02 Arcadia

The artist dying in a house fire was tragic and the woman's death after collapsing in the street was a mystery but putting glass in baby food as a protest was barbaric, Mrs Richardson was a little forward in her flirting with Morse and I thought the daughter was involved with her own kidnapping at first but with that bomb I started to have second thoughts

3x03 Prey

The medical examiner should be struck off for saying the severed arm found in the water was a result of drowning especially as he didn't get in out the water and what ever is out their killing that boy was lucky the dog was there, Fred loosing his temper on a suspect was unfortunate but Bright shooting the tiger was lucky for Morse

3x04 Coda

Endeavour doing the crossword after finishing his Sargent's exam was amusing and Fred getting suspended couldn't of happened at a worse time with his daughter and Morse trapped inside the bank during the robbery but the way Morse drawn his fire was risky considering he had one bullet left

4x01 Game

Fred still being annoyed at Endeavour was understandable after his daughter left town and failing the Sargent's exam because some papers went missing seemed more like police corruptions again, Trewlove's knowledge of chess was impressive and the plaster cast of all the victims faces would suggest a serial killer but what a shame the reporter died after her front page headline

23 12
Thread