41 123
Thread
Printable Version

Boss Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Boss Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Boss Premiered on Starz on October 21, 2011

Mayor Tom Kane (Kelsey Grammer) sits like a spider at the center of Chicago’s web of power; a web built on a covenant with the people. They want to be led, they want disputes settled, jobs dispensed, and loyalties rewarded. If he achieves through deception and troubling morality, so be it. As long as he gets the job done, they look the other way.

Yet despite being the most effective mayor in recent history, a degenerative brain disorder is ripping everything away from him. He can’t trust his memory, his closest allies, or even himself.

Kane’s wife Meredith (Connie Nielsen) knows nothing. Theirs is a marriage of convenience. Kitty O’Neil (Kathleen Robertson), Kane’s advisor, has her suspicions but stays silent. And Kane’s political advisor Ezra Stone (Martin Donovan), a Yale graduate with a rough edge, remains questionless.

Only Emma (Hannah Ware), Kane’s estranged daughter, has a chance of learning his secret. This is going to be the toughest term yet for the Boss.

Starring: Kelsey Grammer, Connie Nielsen, Kathleen Robertson, Hannah Ware, Jeff Hephner, Martin Donovan, Francis Guinan, Rotimi Akinosho, Troy Garity

Source
Homepage
Link to About the Show

Discuss Anything About Boss Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-31-2013 12:51 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

I am looking forward to this but i feel it's going be like serious show.

Episode 1

Well this was a slow episode but finding out he suffering from mental disease that risk his position as mayor of the city but you could see he really know how handle difficult situation.

1x01 Listen

That is some temper Thomas has and what he did with the ears was disgusting but the money on the line for the new runways was massive but the thought of relocating the cemetery i think was terrible

1x02 Reflex

Meredith coming to Thomas's rescue at the press conference was quick thinking and what a way to turn around the race attack from 20 years ago but i can't believe Kitty allowed Ben to use her like that considering he had just left his wife and children, his wife saying you was quicker than i thought was amusing

1x03 Swallow

Kitty still allowed Ben to use her like that is ridiculous but it must be the frill of getting caught by doing it in the office and I'm not surprised the Mayor's daughter id annoyed with him

STARZ BOSS

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 10-7-2011 20:19  
I am looking forward to this but i feel it's going be like serious show.
Have you caught the first couple episodes bala? BOSS is turning out to be a great series - I've been hooked since the pilot. Grammer's performance is stellar.

Can't wait to see the new episode tonight at 10/9 ET/PT on Starz. Should be a great episode.

I'm helping STARZ spread the word about this series, so let me know if anyone has any questions.

---
Derek

1x04 Slip

The way Ben had the cameras turned off while he talked to the farmer was nice and then he goes on and uses Kitty which is annoying but i think she now suspects there is something going on and after the Mayor's daughter was annoyed at him last week she is now getting him drugs

This has now been added to Realplayer site

1x05 Remembered

Thomas almost strangling his assistant was diabolical and just when he thought he covered up the water problem that news report is going to ruin him but it looks like Ben might take over

1x06 Spit

That was a close call for Emma and her boyfriend but how quick he was willing to leave his friend to get beat up was sad and how did he know the alderman wouldn't be around for long without having something to do with it but what a way to die

1x07 Stasis

You would think Kitty would of been more careful when sleeping Ben but retrieving the positive pregnancy test from the bin to throw out the window i found amusing and how quick the rumors of Thomas stepping down spread was fascinating but Kitty was the only one he told so he played her good and proper and then dropping Emma in it was diabolical and it looks like Ben has screwed the wrong person

1x08 Choose

What happened to Emma in prison was sad considering it was her father who put her there and Ben winning was interesting but with Tom's illness he might not have long left and poor Kitty left out in the cold

2x01 Louder Than Words

Mayor Kane thinking he had all his basses covered during the vote but I suspect he was responsible for the arrest of the woman and having someone else to create a disturbance so he could suspend it was crafty

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 11-2-2011 12:51  
Meredith coming to Thomas's rescue at the press conference was quick thinking and what a way to turn around the race attack from 20 years ago but i can't believe Kitty allowed Ben to use her like that ...
What i didn't realise is that she knew about it as we find out later on in the series.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 11-9-2011 19:03  
Kitty still allowed Ben to use her like that is ridiculous but it must be the frill of getting caught by doing it in the office and I'm not surprised the Mayor's daughter id annoyed with him
Yes she really has no choice does she, i thought she put up with because her boss told her to keep an eye on him but i later realise there was more to it than i first thought.

41 123
Thread