Thread
Printable Version

I Just Want My Pants Back Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I Just Want My Pants Back Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I Just Want My Pants Back Premiered on MTV on August 28, 2011

MTV’s new scripted comedy series, “I Just Want My Pants Back,” follows series lead ‘Jason Strider,’ played by up-and-coming actor Peter Vack, and his friends as they navigate the minefield of their post-collegiate years.   From acclaimed director and executive producer Doug Liman (“Mr. and Mrs. Smith, “Swingers,” “Go,” “Bourne Identity”) and based upon David J. Rosen’s critically acclaimed novel of the same name, the series will feature 12 half-hour episodes.   Production began July 2011 in Brooklyn, N.Y.  The pilot episode will air as a special sneak peek immediately following the 2011 Video Music Awards, on August 28 at 11p.m. ET.  The series will officially debut on MTV in early 2012.

Struggling with sex, love, career and friendship as a young twentysomething living in Brooklyn, Jason is the ultimate slacker who puts hanging with his friends, going to bars and hooking up above his entry level job where he’s the lowest rung at a casting agency.  It’s not until a one night stand steals his heart and his pants, that he begins a quest to get his beloved jeans back, and hopefully the girl, while also growing up along the way.

The series will also star Kim Shaw as Jason’s best friend ‘Tina;’ Jordan Carlos as ‘Eric’ and Elisabeth Hower as ‘Stacey,’ the cohabitating couple; Sunkrish Bala as ‘Bobby’ the owner of the local bodega and will guest star Chris Parnell as ‘J.B.,’ Jason’s no-nonsense boss at the casting agency.

“I Just Want My Pants Back” is based on the book by David J. Rosen.  The series a co-production with Universal Cable Productions.  The pilot was written by Rosen and directed by Doug Liman.  Executive producers include Liman, David Bartis and Rosen.  Gene Klein is co-executive producer.  David Janollari, Justin Levy and Clay Spencer are the MTV executives in charge of production.  

Homepage

Discuss Anything About I Just Want My Pants Back Here

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

i gave up on the first episode it so awful to watch and concept is stupid.

1x01 Pilot

I had a feeling the girl left Jason a falls number but sex in the fridge was so wrong and taking his pants was amusing and how he injured his thumb was priceless

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Exactly it was rather crude show hence why i am not going watch this show.

1x02 Baby Monkeys

The interns chat up lines were impressive but what a revelation that he was a virgin and Tina going back for more was a surprise

1x03 Never Trust a Moonblower

Who would of thought Stacey and Eric complaining to their neighbors about how loud their sex was would then find themselves in a foursome but running out when their roommate arrived was amusing

1x04 Pecker Necklace

The needy drug dealer was a little disturbing but Jason putting the vapour rub on was beyond the call of duty and Bree about to turn Jason's frog into a prince would of been priceless

1x05 Something's Wrong Down There

Tina allowing Eric to photograph her chlamydia was so wrong but it turning out to be a rash from her tight jeans was amusing and Jason has his work cut out for him as a house cleaner but being paid after having sex with her was bad timing and i cant believe he complained

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2012 18:00 ]

1x06 Safety Nets

Lucy picking up Jason was amusing, he is one lucky guy but stealing was too much for him and Tina showing her boobs for a drink was priceless

1x07 Piece Of Cake

Of all the time for Jason to eventually find Jane she's with another guy and he is dress up as a piece of cake and that was a close call when Tina decided to confess her true feelings to Brett but he was with another girl

1x08 The Blackout

The guy out side the toilet getting aroused by the conversation inside was funny but kissing the pregnancy test after she pissed on it was priceless and Jason walking away from Tina's new friend, Ness, who has a crush him because she asked him to was nice but she did the right thing by letting him after all

1x09 Love Equation

What was Jason thinking giving Ness that ironic birthday gift and the second gift was just as bad but Stacey and Eric being a little too honest with each other was amusing until she crushed their first date memory

1x10 Sextipated

Poor Jason not being able to perform sexually but I'm not surprised that he has doubts about their relationship after what his girlfriends friend said while playing pool

1x11 Quid No Quo

Work Paul taking Tina on a romantic date when the were unable to say goodbye earlier was nice and Jason trying to impress his high-school crush was paying of sexually and telling her the truth making no difference was a nice change but going with JB afterwards was unbelievable

1x12 Jerk or Dork

Jason's run-in with Jane who took his pants was interesting and her having a boyfriend explains why he had a hard job finding her

This has now been added to the flash site

I just want this show back.

To bad it didn't catch on all those years ago. Loved the characters and stories.

Thread