Thread
Printable Version

John Doe Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Well it is pretty much a sci-fi show, (not spce or aliens or anything like that)  just the premise that a man knows everything and it was heading to more that way.  Another decent show cancelled.  
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Quote:
Originally posted by spratt89 at 8-6-2011 10:59  
how can this show even be considered Sci Fi.
From wikipedia  : John Doe is an American science fiction drama television series that aired on Fox during the 2002–2003 TV season.

IMDB Drama | Mystery | Sci-Fi

The main character knows everything, except who he is, and I mean everything.  Fox doesn't have anything on it know, but even when it was on they (Fox) called it Sci-Fi
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 13#13 spratt89's post

Well I am assuming he was either an experiment from the Phoenix Group or an otherworldly being.  Since it was cancelled, we will never know.  Do you know anyone that knows EVERYTHING?

Reply 14#14 sanggye's post

Sci Fi or as more and more writers are wanting to call it, Speculative Fiction, is a genre where the possibility with science , an achievement of the future or other fantastical items that are in some ways remotely possible.  (According to Einstein Time Travel and or multiple world theory  is Possible, there is a possibility of true Artificial Intelligence, and in the case of this show, turning a person into a human computer.

For Decades the term SciFi has been considered by many in position of power in written and film(though the last 10 years, majority of top grossing movies fall into spec fiction or fantasy)  to be a lesser genre, that is primarily why many writers are looking to call it Speculative Fiction.

Thread