Thread
Printable Version

Pan Am Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

1x06 The Genuine Article

Maggie's interview  in the corridor was impressive and Dean continuing to play with fire is bound to get burned

1x07 Romance Languages

The way the pilot's left the cockpit when they thought Kate was taking her cloths off for the sailors was amusing considering it wasn't Kate wearing them and what happened to Joe because he was with Laura was sad

Airs tonight

BBC 2 TONIGHT 9PM

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 9-26-2011 13:13  
I'm not quite sure of this show at the moment considering it's set in the sixties so it reminds me a little of Mad Men but with the disappearance of Bridget it has potential
Well i watched this on TV last night and i liked the episode i thought like you it would be like mad man but the first episode kept my interest like the fact that one of them has been recruited to be a spy was a surprise. I felt bad for the french one finding out her boyfriend had a family but like how his wife confronted her at end of the flight.The flashbacks were interesting. Glad i decided check this out. Now i just need to find time watch it.

Come Fly With Me The Story of Pan Am

Interesting Documentary from the BBC telling the story of how Pan American World Airways which kick started the Jet Age and shrank the globe and the story about Frank Abagnale Jr., who, before his 19th birthday, successfully performed cons worth millions of dollars by posing as a Pan American World Airways pilot which was great and i didn't realise it was the Pan Am Flight 103 that crashed in Lockerbie

1x08 Unscheduled Departure

What an impressive emergency landing considering how late they were to switch the runway lights and tragic that Henry didn't survive after all their efforts to save him but taking the refugee meant they saved her life instead and the take off was awesome

1x09 Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

I liked the way Kate spilled coffee on the Captain for trying to look down her top and Maggie setting fire to the hotel was awkward but what an ending

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-6-2011 11:49  
Kate and Laura having their mom as a surprise passenger was interesting and Maggie facing the unwanted attentions of an aggressive passenger was unfortunate but i think she got her point across that s ...
Yeah but the passport was a nice touch that she did wanted reconnect with the eldest daughter. So at least we know she's alive

Quote:
Originally posted by arksongbird80 at 10-10-2011 15:19  
So this was a great episode.  We finally saw different facets of the charaters.  It wasn't on the plane the whole time and there was excitement.   

Kinda bummed Maggie didn't get to shake Kennedy's ...
Well i liked that there more to these character than we think

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-20-2011 21:19  
Laura taking the camera made the routine courier mission for Kate turns bad as she struggles to make the drop by the deadline and Ted reflection on his own past was interesting but what his father did ...
Well i am surprised Laura didn't even noticed suspicious behaviour of her sister you would think she would noticed her strange behaviour over past couple of episodes. Ted back story was good but he really let his anger get the better of him and there are loads people in positions that there are not what they suppose to be in but he did land the plane safely that's something he had right to be proud of that. I am glad he forgave him at the end.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 10-27-2011 09:08  
Maggie going for the attentions of Niko was interesting untill Kate learns the stranger is involved in her next covert mission which makes things more complicated and it's a good job she could play po ...
Yeah it does see like her mission are getting more complicated as it goes on.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 11-2-2011 18:54  
Maggie's interview  in the corridor was impressive and Dean continuing to play with fire is bound to get burned
Maggie Journey to become a member Pan Am was rather impressive from waitress to air hostess was great. How comes some people lie and get a better job while other people who try get caught and there were some close call but using personal information to save her job was impressive.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 11-10-2011 13:12  
The way the pilot's left the cockpit when they thought Kate was taking her cloths off for the sailors was amusing considering it wasn't Kate wearing them and what happened to Joe because he was with L ...
Well men will be men but Joe finding out that his girlfriend was a spy was a surprise but at least they had a goodbye scene at the airport.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 11-19-2011 13:53  
What an impressive emergency landing considering how late they were to switch the runway lights and tragic that Henry didn't survive after all their efforts to save him but taking the refugee meant th ...
Well not a bad episode but it was risky move taking her but all of them sticking up for each other was great

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 12-8-2011 23:41  
I liked the way Kate spilled coffee on the Captain for trying to look down her top and Maggie setting fire to the hotel was awkward but what an ending
Yeah what an ending indeed i thought she wanted out she just get in deeper

Secrets and Lies

Well what an bad time Bridget to come up really surprised she told him truth at the end and beating the lie dector was good and who would thought it would be easy but change the question in your head

Thread