Thread
Printable Version

Alphas Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 5#5 gabsimom's post

I agree, hopefully it will last a few seasons so we can get it on VIP
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Pilot

Well I finally got around to the show, hopefully i can catch-up, wish i didn't have to work        So this was a good episode, I guess I could get to like this, but I like most super powered shows     It was a good intro, liked how they showed everyone's powers to begin with.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Cause & Effect

I liked this episode, someone mentioned it reminded them of the pen guy in Fringe, well i don't think it is a rip-off, just two people who both could see probabilities and by using that get the effect they want.  The whole coin thing was because of the shrink, saying that about a flip of a coin, randomness.  I also like that because of their abilities there is something that balance its, for most it seems psychological, s in Gary's autism, the ghost's excessive-compulsive, and this guy's paranoia.  They all have something like that (Bill, anger or controlling issues?)

Anger Management

Ok, I thought it was the guy, briefly thought it was the girl when she came out of hostel, then we saw him.  I like that they all also have real world problems.

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 8-8-2011 05:40  
The way Gary figured out how to understand what Anna was saying was impressive but red flag working for Anna was a interesting surprise and how did the guy knock out their vehicles and not the tanker
He sent the electrical current through the water, and only shorted out the one vehicle, the other had to stop cause it was behind it.   I like this episode, noce to see that Gary realloy isn't that far on the spectrum and has some social skills if he wants to, though staying friends with Anna might be trouble

Never Let Me Go

Wonder if they are going to focus on one character per episode, last one was gary, now it was Rachel.  So A character from Warehouse 13 (and yes it was the same character) puts Warehouse 13, Eureka (so sad it's going away ) and Alphas all in the same universe.

Reply 53#53 codebreaker's post

I feel more sorry for Gary having to work with Bill  

Reply 63#63 bala's post

Enjoyed this, love seeing Summer, but I don't think having her as a regular would work, for one thing her power is too powerful.

Reply 70#70 bala's post

What was wrong with it?  It was alright, I kind of liked that they all got sucked in in by the light.

Reply 72#72 bala's post

If he wasn't a religious fanatic, can you imagine what he could have done? he made them all basically happy little zombies, following his every command and loving it, even to the point of betraying friends, willing to burn to death.  If he was truly evil and used it to attack people, rob banks and other criminal acts, then you would have liked it.

Reply 74#74 codebreaker's post

Brent Spiner (Data) as someone with sonic powers and an "blind spot girl" wonderful.  Loved Gary's comment about "why do we always have to fight someone with abilities?"

Reply 82#82 codebreaker's post

I thought something was up when he started accusing, Rosen would never act like that.  Bill is in some trouble.

Reply 87#87 arksongbird80's post

You can't trust the Federal Government, there was no reason for them to start firing.  The government doesn't want there to be any alphas as we have seen in this episode and many of the previous ones.  Anna was slowly coming around to Gary's thinking I felt.  He did a very brave thing...

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Well that was part of the deal, he would have full control, let's just see if the government follows though.  Wonder why the destroyed the train, has to be for a reason.

Reply 9#9 bala's post

maybe, just seemed a little contrite.  If you wanted to do something that sends a statement, a terroist attack on a train that can be done with explosives doesn't say much

Reply 11#11 bala's post

But there was planning with the supermarket attack.  From what it looked like was to make it look like a normal attack, but the point was to get digital-girl arrested, so when they tried to "chip" here, her feedback would destroy the chips.... see planning

Reply 13#13 bala's post

I am pretty sure that was part of the plan, the leader, if you noticed, is immortal or extremely longed-live, and according to the picture an officer during the War Between the States, so he probably had it all planned.  Insert digital girl to both knockout the chip and control what is on the screen, get the good doctor there as a delaying tactic, make it seem like that they killed him and the others and during that confusion, escape with Gary and Cameron, as both are Alphas, and Gary probably is most wanted by the opposition... Don't forget his(Gary's Friendship) with the woman directly under Stanton from last season.  though she died, I am pretty sure Stanton knows that Gary has a hard time with being different and with normal people.

Reply 17#17 bala's post

Well they were never a happy bunch really, And it is mainly just Nina.  I told you that the train thing was for a reason, still don't know why, but the good doctor confirmed it

Thread