Thread
Printable Version

Alphas Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Alphas Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Alphas Premieres on Syfy on July 11, 2011

Alphas is an action-packed thriller from writers Zak Penn (The Avengers, X-Men: The Last Stand) and Michael Karnow.  In the series, five ordinary people are brought together to form one extraordinary team of Alphas -- people with the unique power to stretch the capabilities of the human mind giving them superhuman physical and mental abilities.

Operating within the Defense Criminal Investigation Service of the U.S. Department of Defense and led by preeminent neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. Lee Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and Academy Award-nominee David Strathairn), an expert in Alpha phenomena, the team investigates cases that point to others with Alpha abilities. As they work against the clock to solve this new brand of crime, they must prevent their own personality differences and disparate backgrounds from interfering with their ultimate mission to catch the enemy.

In addition to Academy Award nominee David Strathairn (Temple Grandin, Good Night, and Good Luck), the ensemble cast stars Malik Yoba (New York Undercover, Why Did I Get Married?), Warren Christie (October Road), Laura Mennell (Watchmen), Ryan Cartwright  (Mad Men, Bones) and Azita Ghanizada (Castle).
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Alphas Season 1-2 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 14:45 ]

looks awesome

Reply 5#5 gabsimom's post

I agree, hopefully it will last a few seasons so we can get it on VIP
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 6#6 sanggye's post

well it does look good but it need humour to be successful like Eureka or Warehouse 13

pilot

Well i have to say i really liked the first episode it was quite good and i hope it gets better i think most impressive part was the character interaction with one another which i think is good. i love how they introduced each character showing what they can do rather than gloss over it.

Reply 8#8 bala's post

I enjoyed the episode.  I liked the intro to the characters through their abilites as well.  Good opening.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 9#9 arksongbird80's post

i am annoyed people are compare this to mutant X

http://viptv.net/index.php?type= ... h&orderby=movid

how did I miss mutant x.  Hmm....
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 11#11 arksongbird80's post

Because we have too many shows on this site

Syfy's Alphas started off strong, grabbing 2.5 million viewers for its Monday series premiere. It became the network's biggest debut since 2009. [Syfy via press release]

Reply 8#8 bala's post

It was great introduction to their abilities and disappointed that they could so easily be turn on each other but impressed with the shooting

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

in what way was it disappointing the point is that the bad guys are more realistic you can't control other people powers and it certainly make the show more interesting.

Reply 15#15 bala's post

If it wasn't for Nina overpowers Bill the Ghost would of been able to influence him to kill Dr. Rosen

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

but i love that she kissed him

So I see that Codebreaker changed his suggestion for Love Bites to Alphas and then Bala requested it shortly after.
Irony. Yummy and delicious like cake.

Reply 18#18 woothdye's post

It seems pointless requesting a show that is now here and i think bala beat me to it

Reply 18#18 woothdye's post

Well we don't many new shows to request since they added most of new show

Thread