Thread
Printable Version

The Voice General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Special -- The Road to the Live Shows

Nice recap of how the top sixteen got this far and some amusing behind the scene footage

4x14 The Live Playoffs, Part 1

Usher's team kicking off the first live performances with "Black and Gold" just for fun was great and Amber Carrington being the first for Adam's team was impressive, Sarah Simmons singing "Angel." was emotional as she lost a friend suddenly and another great performance from Caroline Glaser

4x15 The Live Playoffs, Part 2

Garrett Gardner singing the John Lennon classic "Imagine." was impressive and nice performance from Blake and Shakira and another incredible performance from the 16-year-old Danielle Bradbery

4x16 The Live Playoffs, Results

The opening performance was amusing and Rod Stewart and CeeLo Green performing live was great but loosing Justin Rivers, Karina Iglesias, Cathia and Caroline Glaser was unfortunate

Reply 84#84 codebreaker's post

I agree.  They have some amazing talent this season.  It was hard to lose any.  

I'm finding the coaching styles of Usher & Shakira interesting.  I hope the others will pick up some new tricks as they see what they're doing.  I especially like the physical aspect of performing that Usher is focusing on, and the need to be fit to be able to have good breath control when singing.  
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 85#85 waterlilybarb's post

Doing push-ups with Usher was an interesting exercise

Reply 86#86 codebreaker's post

Yes it was.   

4x17 Live Top 12 Performances

Vedo singing first with Michael Jackson's "Rock with You." was a nice start and being followed with Holly Tucker singing Martina McBride's "A Broken Wing." was great, sixteen-year-old Danielle Bradbery stepping on the stage and singing her version of "Wasted." was awesome and the last artist being Amber Carrington performing "I'm Gonna Love You Through It," was a great end to the night

4x18 Live Eliminations

Pharrell Williams, T.I. and Robin Thicke take the stage with a special performance was an amusing start to the night, Blake and his team on stage next, performing "Play Something Country" was great and having to wait till the end for Holly Tucker and Sasha Allen to find out they are saved must of been hard

4x19 Live Top 10 Performances

Maroon 5 starts off the performances was great and with all their performances getting better it's hard to imagine who will next be eliminated

4x20 Live Eliminations

Blake and his wife Miranda Lambert taking to the stage to help raise relief funds for the aftermath of the Oklahoma tornado was great, Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez being in the audience was interesting as Vin invited everyone to the premier of his latest film, the first two who were saved being Danielle Bradbery and Judith Hill was great and Michelle Chamuel and Sasha Allen being saved next was also great but Josiah Hawley and Kris Thomas having reached the end of the line was unfortunate

4x21 Live Top 8 Performances

I didn't realise Shakira and Usher only have one member in their teams while the others still have three, Judith being first to perform after Blake was great and Holly having the next slot was impressive but the girls collaboration singing Rihanna's "Diamonds." was awesome, The Swon Brothers being next in line was interesting as they are the only double act to get this far and Sasha singing David Guetta and Usher's "Without You." was a brave choice, the stage set for Danielle was nice and Amber closing the night with Adele's "Skyfall." was a great challenge

4x22 Live Eliminations

Sheryl Crow kicking off the night with the Danielle, Holly and Swon Brothers was great, Michelle, Danielle and Sasha being the first three saved was nice as that kept Shakira and Usher teams going but saying goodbye to Judith and Sarah was unfortunate

4x23 Live Top 6 Performances

Getting right into it from the start with Holly Tucker was great as we are getting to the nitty gritty and Taylor Swift giving Michelle Chamuel her seal of approval for singing her song was great

4x24 Live Eliminations

Cassadee Pope from last year was a great way to start and Michelle Chamuel being the first to be saved was awesome but seeing the aftermath of the Oklahoma tornados was sad and what Blake's team members did to help raise awareness and funds was great, Holly Tucker being the one who is heading home was unfortunate but all four couches still having at leased one of their team still in was impressive

4x25 Live Semi-Final Performances

Usher singing his latest single, "Twisted." was a nice start the the episode and some of his dance moves were impressive but the girls with Christina Milian getting a special message from the artists who's songs they chose to sing was great and the response from all their home towns was awesome

4x26 Live Semi-Final Results

Michelle Chamuel being the first to reach the final was great and the top five singing together was a nice treat, I had a feeling that Danielle Bradbery would also reach the final and who would of thought Blake would have two in the final but The Swons made it being the only guys left

Reply 97#97 codebreaker's post

I really loved when all 5 sang together.  I am SO happy Michelle made it to the finals, but personally think Sasha did better performances than The Swon Brothers this week.  I think all are very talented though, and because country music is still very popular in the US, it didn't surprise me that they made the finals.  Danielle was pretty much a given - the kid has an amazing gift.

I was also thrilled to hear both Nicholas' and Terry's new songs.  I'll probably buy Nick's EP, and also some of the songs from Terry's album, when it's complete.  I really love both of their voices, and the style of music each sings, but my taste in music is quite varied.

4x27 Live Final Performances

The coaches taking the stage to get the night started with "a Little Help from My Friends," was awesome and The Swon Brothers being the first duo to get to the final has got to be something to be proud of, Blake and Usher taking the time to visit the three finalists families was nice

4x28 Live Finale

I had a felling at the half way stage who was going to win but never the less they all deserved to be there and what a great finale but The Swon Brothers having to share a car when it's obvious Danielle doesn't drive at the moment I found amusing

Thread