Thread
Printable Version

The Nine Lives of Chloe King Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 7#7 bala's post

I actually liked it.  The whole thing remind me of Kyle XY in that ABC fam has figured out there are other people watching their channel than teenage girls.

The problem I had with the episode, was the two Mia teenagers.  What they don't have adults?  There wasn't a single adult around to help transition Chloe or be her protector or anything.  :/  unkewl.  I don't want this to be one of those episodes where the teenagers only talk to adults who are their parents or because they have too.  Show me some depth.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 9#9 bala's post

It was great she didn't kill him, but not knowing she didn't do it and having this guilt around her neck is annoying.  Her not feeling as though she can kiss the new guy is also annoying.  They are going to have to pick this up or the show will fail miserably.  Kinda a boring episode...

The innocent being rescued was fine and Liked how her friend stood up to the other Mya boy.  

SOOOO Bala:  Do we keep watching and hope it perks up, or give up?   How many episodes until the give up epi?

Reply 14#14 bala's post

She doesn't need to take advantage of these people in some way.  Take fighting lessons, or learn weapons.  Plus she should tell her mom.  That would help alot.  Oh and it was presumptuous for the leader to assume chloe would give up her life yadda yadda yadda.  She's a teenager and they barely see outside the inner bubble.  Not going to happen.

I liked that she finally stood up to her friend who being a B-word.  I'm just saying.  Have some liency when your BFF get's super powers.

Over all, good show.

I never did get into that one Bala, but I will say this ABC FAM:  I can never forgive you for axeing Kyle XY.  That show had great potential and airing it against the major networks was rather silly on ya'lls part.  Just saying....

I find it interesting there are rival prides but no one added that into the script/history lesson until now.  I didn't realize the Mye were so big...  Too have Prides around the world...

Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Amy was a moron and should know better than to go into situations where there are guns!  Duhh sister.

I think Chloe will be able to kiss Brian without any problems, that would be part of the uniters abilities.  I think he's going to just take it and then see what happens.    I wish she would tell her mom but I guess we have to stay in suspense.  hummm

The other boy shouldn't have been so distracted on the roof.     

@bala, You may be right, but teenage girls probably think this show is great and since that's the demographic, I'm not sure they will cancel it.  The story needs to be better though!  It has such potential.

Reply 34#34 bala's post

I really enjoyed that Chloe stood up for herself as the uniter.  It's nice that she's trusting her instincts more.  Even if they may or may not be spot on.

Her hair is sooo cute.   The Kiss was great. I'm glad he finally did it.  As much as she likes brian, she still needs that experiance with a guy.  yum yum what a guy.

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 7-28-2011 13:03 ]

Reply 38#38 bala's post

I think she needs to tell her mom.

Reply 40#40 bala's post

Slow and calm, or raging infirno of anger.

accepting or scared......hMMmmmmmmMHMMMMMMM

Reply 43#43 bala's post

There was alot going on in this episode.  Too many story lines and not enough foundation.  I agree Bala, they need to expand on the Mie, and what's with the guy from the NY pride helping the enemy!  

Brian is kinda needy....I get it, but really he needs to calm down...  Do some searches about the Valley before you go driving...

I love how KIA is sponsoring this show and they figure out ways to add their brand in.  FUNNY>

Reply 45#45 bala's post

LOL!!!

Reply 50#50 bala's post

I think the Brother is on a revenge track.  Remember Alek's parents were killed and i bet the Brother thinks they were killed by someone different than the truth.

How is it that Brian DIED!  What....I thought because she was the uniter, she would be able to go between Mye and Human.  That guy at the beginning didn't die until the assassin came in and finished him.

Her mom and Brians father are an intersting combo.  I bet they stay together for the next season.

Alek coming in her room and then listening to the converstaions is not kewl.   I would have given him a piece of my mind and it wouldn't have been in his favor.

Valentina and her Daughter??  Do they stand a chance???

Any idea when Season 2 hits/????  Great show!!!  

ABC Family kills the Nine Lives of Chloe King

More like The Ten Episodes of Chloe King. ABC Family put the cat out for good when it canceled The Nine Lives of Chloe King yesterday due to low ratings. The series was based on the young adult novels written by Liz Braswell, about a teen girl who discovers she has feline powers and is a warrior in the battle between an ancient race and human beings. Phew, that's sounds like a lot for a young chick to handle. The series started off well thanks to the popularity of the books, drawing more than two million viewers for its debut. But come finale time in mid-August, that number had dwindled to just above one million viewers. That might have been the cat's meow at the old ABC Family, but the Disney off-shoot is becoming more than just ABC's little sister, with top series like Switched at Birth reportedly drawing around three million viewers on average.
But though Chloe King has been put down, The Lying Game—which is also based on a young adult book series—has been granted a back-12 order to extend its first-season episode count to 22. The show tackles the hot TV trend of identical twins, but is still suffering in the ratings department, with its most recent episode drawing 1.3 million total viewers. So why did Chloe King get axed while The Lying Game got renewed? I'd guess budget or a network exec's unreasonable hatred of cats. Cats rule, dudes.

Source
This is such crap!  This show was so much better than the lying game and it's a shame that ONCE AGAIN abc family fails to see the potential.

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 9-16-2011 14:15 ]

Thread