34 12
Thread
Printable Version

The Kennedys Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Kennedys Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The story of the most fabled political family in American history, told in a manner similar to The Godfather: a manipulative, egocentric father determined to live out his own ambitions through his sons, who in turn spent their lives dancing to his tune while at the same time trying to stand on their own. This is history through personality - the tangled relationships through which paint a picture of one of the most turbulent periods of the modern age. Viewers will be upstairs at the White House, not in the Cabinet Room. Through iconic events in history - the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the civil rights struggle, the mob connection - viewers will learn about the lesser known, yet critical personal stories.  

Broadcast_uncertainties

I really want to see what the fuss is about this show was technically banned in America no network were going show it until Reelz channel decided to  

Reply 1#1 bala's post

I thought this was supposed to air yesterday

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Glad i wasn't only wondering what happen ?

Reply 3#3 bala's post

I just found this so i assume it airs tonight
http://www.reelzchannel.com/kennedys/

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

It say world premier Sunday 3rd April it's now 4th April.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

So whats the clock for

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Are you suggesting you think they decided delay until tonight?

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Isn't that what the count down clock is usually for

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Well yeah but it's rather confusing

SEE THIS

[ Last edited by bala at 4-4-2011 15:40 ]

This History Channel on Sky are airing this from Thursday (April 7th)

Part 1

I thought this was a nice fresh look at an old story but why when Jack was missing didn't he let his mother know was wrong and then finding out that Joe died his father took it bad but didn't take him long before telling Jack to  take his place

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yeah it does look like the father was one who pushed him to become president and way he guilt him into it was bad. It's amazing what a son will do for his father but i like little glimpse into john's women.

Part 2

Well i liked this part better than pervious part because we got see How jack meet Jackie and the fact that his father offer 1 million dollars to stay with jack was awful but her rejecting it and still staying with him was amazing.

Bobby really naive and i didn't know there was 3rd kennedy it took until this part figured who bobby was.

Reply 13#13 bala's post

The father is to controlling but allowing Bobby to do what he wants was interesting but it's a shame it didn't last and Jackie refusing the offer of 1 million dollars was great

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Well now you know why they were trying stop this being aired , it make his father look rather bad on the show like he was forcing his son to be president and fact that he guilted him into running for congress because his brother died during the war was awful.

Look at way they portrayed JFK as a ladies man. I felt bad for Jackie it takes one hell of women to stay with a man who cheats but i wonder what she meant at end about him being president and not be embarrassed in front American population. .

Can't wait for tonight episode

Part 3

It's a shame that JFK inexperience cost over 100 lives and it looks like the Kennedy men have trouble with being faithful like father like son and I wont be surprised that Jackie's marriage will be in shambles when she finds out about his affair with Mary Meyer but he was forewarned

Part 4

I wished Jackie would of stuck to her principles to put her daughter first instead of being pushed into helping her husband instead and it looks like Joe has gone to far with underhanded dealings

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

Finally got around watch this part it was released very late and i knew they would get some leverage over him because he can't help it. Still at least he had the guts to admit it

Reply 17#17 codebreaker's post

It's not like she had any choice did she?  but the under handing situation the father got his boys will lead to one of them being killed my feeling is Bobby.

Part 5

Well this was a very interesting part with so much in the episode, Well Jackie is addicted to drugs but i am glad Jack found out about that and will help him. Joe's stroke was sad but his wife switch the nurses was amusing i knew that was coming but finding out what he did to their daughter was sad. The first black student enter college was such crazy event it's amazing how much trouble that caused and it should make ghetto kids realise what a big deal getting an education was.

34 12
Thread