Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 58#58 sanggye's post

I'm thinking I'm going to have to go back and rewatch this season.  I've got so many questions.     

Okay so they painted themselves into a corner by killing Matt Smith at the beginning of this season.  If he's a fixed point and will die, they have no itention of bringing back another Dr.  That's SUCKS.... Or!!!  Will they give themselves a loop hole...hmmm  I have faith.

Barb:  I agree, seeing the Book given by the doctor was fabulous.  So happy!!!     And she was imprissioned for killing the doctor so I agree, what exactly did they imprison her for...... hmmm....

Anyone else notice how Amy isn't really chomping at the bit to find her "baby".  If I was a new mother there would be NOTHING you could do to keep me from finding my child.  She was left by the doctor so he could look, fine.  But I would be pressing to find my child, especially seeing how she turns out. Psycho path.  Yuk.

I didn't know time lords could change color.

I absolutely love that they make references to previous companions periodically.  Makes it feel more like a unit and not just a new doctor, new season!!!!!

[ Last edited by arksongbird80 at 8-28-2011 13:12 ]
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 61#61 arksongbird80's post

The Doctor went to look for the baby, reason he was gone and they were driving around in a field.  He couldn't find her, because she was growing up with Pond and Rory, it had only been a short time I think, then when the Doctor returned that. The first thing Pond says to the Doctor when she sees him is, "Did you find her" and that is when Mel (unknown child of Pond and Rory) hijacked the Tardis and made the Doctor take it to Hitler.  

So though I don't Care for this companion so much, She is looking for her child (or the Doctor is, I think he won't let her) and she has to go along with him as it his Tardis, and he pretty much said that they know how she grows up and who she is, and now we saw that She was there for Mel her whole life, so they are friends.  And you have to take into account the Blinovitch limitation Effect.

The Doctor has twice before has tried to mess with Fixed Points (once in the show, once in a story.) So we will see
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Night Terrors

Not sure what to make of this episode i mean it was rather chessy for my liking i just hope no kids watched and got scared. As always it was rather good but still looking next episode which looks rather amusing. Who would of thought that the doctor made house calls .

Reply 63#63 bala's post

I liked this episode okay.  I'm with you, kinda cheesey and more like a filler, but I guess we have to have those too.

Reply 64#64 arksongbird80's post

This is how Dr Who pretty much has always been, more alien of the week type things.  We had quite a bit of those till the last season.  In fact, we have been pretty short on aliens and stuff.  I liked this episode

[ Last edited by sanggye at 9-4-2011 20:48 ]
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 65#65 sanggye's post

I guess I got so tangled in the Amy/Rory/Melody that I forget this is what the doctor does.  The crack in the universe.  Or Bad Wolf or any of the other sub stories.  I just expected a bit more from amy.  Remorse, or anxiety her child is out there and she doesn't know where.  Something....

Reply 66#66 arksongbird80's post

Her child is grown up, is an adult, there is no baby.  She grew up with the child

Reply 67#67 sanggye's post

Well yeah but how did she get there in first place?

Reply 63#63 bala's post

Those dolls were creepy...almost as creepy as clowns.  Sure glad I didn't see that as a kid.  I've always had a very vivid imagination, and that would have freaked me out more than I already freaked myself out - I used to always think my dolls came alive at night, just not with big creepy heads.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Why would River need to use all regenerations to save the Doctor? also those dolls were creepy and why couldn't they brush their hair.

Reply 70#70 gabsimom's post

Maybe because the Doctor is so old?  As for the dolls - no idea why they had to have such mangy hair, but it DID add to their creepiness.

Reply 71#71 waterlilybarb's post

Dolls = Yuk!  

I think because river was a "child" of the tardis she didn't have as much regineration power as a regular time lord.  So when she healed an old one it took everything she had.  She probably would have lived a long time, but not nearly the length of the doctor.

@bala:  Exacttly my point.  She had to be a baby at some point and although she's grown now, she is a baby SOMEWHERE in time.  doesn't Amy want that bond??

Reply 72#72 arksongbird80's post

It seems that she was dropped off on earth at the same age as Amy, in the same area, we saw her as a little girl.

The Girl Who Waited

Well another Amy episode but poor Rory having to leave the old one behind

Reply 74#74 bala's post

Well the older Amy could kick some robot butt

I am tired of everything revolving around Amy. I want more Doctor episodes and amy and Rory on the sidelines or how about a Rory episode for once!

Reply 76#76 gabsimom's post

I agree completely!!!   More doctor.

Reply 76#76 gabsimom's post

Well why do you think that's the case it aimed get more guys to watch it because according to certain sources she best looking assistant for the younger generation.

Reply 77#77 arksongbird80's post

Looks like you & Tina are geting your wish.  You'll see what I mean after watching "The God Complex".

I caught the middle then someone phoned! I have to watch it tomorrow or later tonight. But wow that was unexpected!

Thread