Thread
Printable Version

Doctor Who Season 6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well I didn't see the clone baby or River songs identity. Wow amazing. I thought we were going to find out why she is prison finally.

Reply 41#41 gabsimom's post

I've been wondering if she's the one who "kills" the doctor...even before I knew she had Time Lord genes in her (which is way cool, just like bow ties. lol).  

I'm now catching up on the series since the reboot.  I wasn't a faithful viewer, so have not seen all the episodes, and haven't seen them all in order.  I'm on season 2 now.  So glad I HAVE seen the Christmas specials already (they reaired Victoria Day weekend here), since we haven't got those on the site.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 41#41 gabsimom's post

Soooo very awesome about River's identity.  That was NOT what I was expecting.  Completely great though and it explains why River knows sooo much.  Also, what's up with her being in prison.  That's going to have to be explained soon.

I read a comment before I should have so the clone thing was a given.  :/  I knew ahead of time.  So glad the Doctor called in his favors, and they all came without a moments hesitation.

Gotta wait til Fall!!  That sucks.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Image for VIP

A possible image for VIP

Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

well done Jim, Well done!  

Reply 45#45 arksongbird80's post

Well had a long post, lost wifi right when I was posting a couldn't get it back... Episode was cool, I liked it alot, knew melody was River as soon as name was shown.  Liked seeing all the old enemies fighting for the DR.....  have to wait till september
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 46#46 sanggye's post

Quote:
Originally posted by sanggye at 6-9-2011 18:53  
Well had a long post, lost wifi right when I was posting a couldn't get it back... Episode was cool, I liked it alot, knew melody was River as soon as name was shown.  Liked seeing all the old enemies ...
I HATE when that happens!  I enjoyed all the old foes coming to help too.  I'm immersing myself in Dr. Who these days - and might even rent some of the old series' through the summer.  I like being a neo-Whovian, but think I could easily become a full-fledged one.  My Mum would be so proud (she was the one who got me interested in sci-fi).

Reply 47#47 waterlilybarb's post

Welcome to the ranks      I have been a fan of Dr Who since I was a kid, watching it on PBS.  Think it is great that the new series has revitalize the following.  The older series isn't very slick in special effects and costumes, but I find it very enjoyable.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Reply 48#48 sanggye's post

I kind of like the lack of "slickness".  It shows the times, but also the imagination and ingenuity of the creators.

Doctor Whos Season 6.5 Sneak Peek

up coming episodes

Matt Smith

Episode dates:

8. Let’s Kill Hitler – Saturday 27th August
9. Night Terrors – Saturday 3rd September
10. The Girl Who Waited – Saturday 10 September
11. The God Complex – Saturday 17 September
12. Episode 12 - Saturday 24 September
13. Finale – Saturday 1 October

2 hours ago · 3642858 · Like ·

Source, Matt  Smith Facebook!  

Reply 51#51 arksongbird80's post

I'm so excited that it's starting again in a couple weeks.  I have 2 episodes left of season 4, which I never saw in order, so I'm trying to drag out watching them, but I don't think I'll be able to.

Let's Kill Hitler

Wow what a returning episode that blew my mind if previous episode was great but this twist with mel i couldn't believe how that played out that's just amazing. The sideline story-line was good but it didn't distract from the twist. The fact they did so early on in the episode was great because you got process it while the episode continued. Alex kingston is always great, now we have got full story of River Song.

Reply 53#53 bala's post

We know where the "spoilers" come from.  And how she goes about learning who she is.  My only concern is where is the baby.  Can they save the baby so River Song isn't brain washed to begin with.  That would be great.  The hitler part was just, there.  Whatever....

Loooved Matt Smiths performance.  Great job.

Reply 54#54 arksongbird80's post

Who cares they raise their daughter

Let's Kill Hitler

SPACE had a Doctor Who-a-thon on Saturday, so I watched all the epis of this season again and picked up on a few things I missed the first time around.  I LOVED "Let's Kill Hitler".  How Melody/River was reintroduced was SO cool.  So we know that the Doctor's death is a fixed point, but since River killed him already (then resurrected him with what was left of her regeneration power), I'm wondering if she is imprisoned for something else.  I LOVED the Doctor leaving her the brand new notebook - which has been so old & tatty previously.  The beginning of River is quite interesting.  I SO wanted another new episode right after watching this one, but I also want to stretch it out, as there are only 5 more regular epis this season.

BTW arksongbird, I totally agree about Matt Smith's performance.

Reply 50#50 bala's post

Just noticed that clip.  There was a special about the monsters on too.  I think creepy clowns would be good monsters because I already find clowns creepy. lol

Reply 57#57 waterlilybarb's post

Interesting, River Song was Pond's best friend her whole life.  A fixed point can't be changed, with him dying now, does not change that he is going to die in 2011.  So this is the last Doctor, if they say that he can't be regenerated.

And Arksongbird, you should know that the DR doesn't change history unless it has been changed already.  For him to go back and change River would change everything and he doesn't do that.

Reply 56#56 waterlilybarb's post

i don't know how they can top this episode

Reply 58#58 sanggye's post

But in "The Impossible Astronaut" (which showed the Doctor being killed), wasn't the Doctor 200 years older?  So 2011 isn't necessarily the year in our timeline.

Thread