Thread
Printable Version

Off The Map Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 1#1 bala's post

i caught the premiere last night and really liked the show.  I like that it's not riding on any one actor's shoulders to carry this show, as it seems to be mostly unknown actors in the lead roles.  

I liked the storyline with Michael McKean (though some of it was gross) - he's a favourite, and nice to have a well known actor as a guest to start off the show.  The "firefly" lake was beautiful.

I thought it was well written and well acted and expect it to only get better, as most shows DO improve with a bit of time, as the writers & actors get a feel for the characters.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 20#20 bala's post

Thanks for the link.   I'm bad with names when new shows start too - especially if it's a larger cast.  

I'm still really enjoying this show.  I like the characters more as we learn more about them and think if the caliber of writing continues to be good it will last a little while.  I hate to get into new shows because so many get cancelled, but sometimes it's worth taking the chance.

Reply 24#24 bala's post

I agree, but since it does come from the creator of GA & PP, romance is bound to be a big part of the story.  I think the medical aspect is quite interesting, especially seeing how young American doctors learn to cope with the limitations of working in the tropics.

Thread