Thread
Printable Version

Game of Thrones Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

Yes she will but she really loves her father Aria killing her first boy was a surprise

1x09 Baelor

Tyrion's childhood story was amusing but sixteen or not he should of realised there was something strange about the so called rap victim and i had a felling Joffrey would go back on his word to Sansa but i didn't expect that ending

Reply 42#42 codebreaker's post

I think no one expected that ending . What going happen now

1x10 Fire and Blood

I liked what Sansa said to Joffrey about his head but i wished she could of pushed him off the bridge because he is pure evil but Daenerys and the dragons surviving that fire is some sort of miracle

Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

Yeah that one way end the season but the fact that dragons protected her was amazing. This was the season finale ?

This has now been added to Realplayer site

Can't wait until next season! great show.

Winter is Coming

Wow, just wow.  They did a wonderful job, so far.  So glad that I can finally see this.  The first episode is well translated from the novel.  

About the nudity, it is in the book, as is the swearing, sex and murder. And I don't understand you mean authentic nudity for that generation.  This isn't historic fiction, but a fantasy story so in reality there is no authenticity.  Daenerys cried at her wedding, for one thing she is scared of him, plus she is supposed to be like 16 when she gets married, if they stayed with novel.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

The Kingsroad

Well Geoffrey is such a little jerk, Sansa wants to be so much a part of the "beautiful" people that she will hurt her family, sad for Lady, hopes it teached Sansa a lesson, though not  apretty or nice one.

I am loving this show.
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

Lord Snow

Seeing Arya begin learning her dancing was wonderful, Maisie Williams is doing a wonderful job.  Jon beginning to open his eyes his nice, though I am waiting to see Ghost, the only indication of the his Dire Wolf was when he found it.

Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things

Good for Daenerys for standing up to her brother, also Jon protecting Sir Piggy and we finally get to see Ghost     I know at the moment she is in the right, but I just don't like Lady Catelyn Stark, even in the books, there is something that rubs me wrong about her.

Reply 43#43 bala's post

Well, if you'd read the books you knew that but I really thought they might deviate away from the book and keep Sean Bean's character, but alas no! I'm raging he's gone now.

Reply 52#52 shinny's post

Yeah i read somewhere that happens in the book people were surprised how they managed to pull it off so well something you just don't know if they would work on TV and this one did.

The Wolf and the Lion

The Robin Arryn  is a weakling and spoiled brat, at 8 years old, not 5.  Jaime killing of Stark's men and fighting Ned only till some guardsman stabs him.

Quote:
Originally posted by gabsimom at 5-23-2011 10:51  
I am loving Cersei her brother deserved worse. I think Ned has discovered the secret that got the last hand killed. No blonde babies from the King or his family line?
You all got the two woman mixed up, Cersei is Robert's wife, the Lannister, Daenerys is the one who ate the heart, but I agree, Viserys was a jerk and should have gotten more.  In the books, the Dothraki, refused to let him ride a horse, though let him ride in a wagon, which only the infirm rode in, though he didn't know it.

Tyrion is just wonderful, and Peter Dinklage plays him so well, it is exactly as I pictured him in the books.  Lysa is crazy, she irritates me more the Catelyn.

You Win or You Die

Quote:
Great cliffhanger a piece of paper -it's a shame there was no witness to the will
I don't think it would have mattered. Cersai would have done what she done anyway.  Well Renly left, he knew it wouldn't be good and now the Dothraki are planning.  Getting interesting.

The Pointy End

Interesting, we do be the loyalty of the men and women.  One thing I wish they hadn't taken out was from the book was Sansa being the one that informed Cersei that Ned was sending his men and daughters back to Winterfall, which is how they knew when they were leaving.  I think they are moving too fast, and some important things are being left out.  But all in all still loving it.

Quote:
Originally posted by shinny at 7-8-2011 02:58  
Well, if you'd read the books you knew that but I really thought they might deviate away from the book and keep Sean Bean's character, but alas no! I'm raging he's gone now.
Little variations from the book are necessary, but something like that would change the plot of the story too much, and Martin (The author) has said that that would not happen.  Major Spolier:  

In this series we have seen the death of a few major characters, the second season if it stays true will see more death of major characters.  Martin has had no problem killing of liked characters.

One of the greatest things I love about the books (Just about ready to begin the newest one (just released last week)) and I can see the show doing it, is that the characters are real, in a sense.  They are not cookie cutter, one dimensional people, but multi-faceted.  There are jerks and nice people, but as you get to know them, some of the jerks are not really, and some of the nice people are really jerks.

Baelor

Ned being betrayed after betraying his oath, Tyrion getting knocked out before his first real battle by his own men.  Jaime getting captured, Khal Drogo dying and being subjected to Blood Magic, Jon struggling with his vow and his blood, Robb becoming a king to his men.  All this shows the greatness of this story, and what the whole thing boils down to... Honor.

Thread