Thread
Printable Version

Game of Thrones Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Game of Thrones Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Political and sexual intrigue abound. The primary families are the Stark, Lannister, and Baratheon families. Robert Baratheon, King of Westeros, asks his old friend Eddard Stark to serve as his chief advisor. Eddard, suspecting that his predecessor had been murdered, accepts so that he can investigate further. It turns out more than one family is plotting to take the throne. The Queen's family, the Lannisters, may be hatching an incestuous plot to take control. Across the sea, the last surviving members of the previously deposed ruling family, the Targaryens, are also plotting a return to power. The conflict between these families and others, including the Greyjoys, the Tullys, the Arryns, and the Tyrells, leads to war. Meanwhile, in the north, an ancient evil awakens. Amidst war and the political confusion, a brotherhood of misfits, The Night's Watch, is all that stands between the realms of men and the horrors beyond.

http://www.hbo.com/#/game-of-thrones

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 17:10 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

it says April 2011?

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I'm half way through the special so why do they put it out so early for people to forget what it's about when it airs

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

To get people excited

Well you got me interested in this so i look at the special was disappointed it was only 11 minutes but i got idea while the show look great for HBO it has competition from Showtime which has a show called The Borgias. I just hope they don't start in  the same month.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

Sky are excited to announce that Game of Thrones will be airing on the 18th of April 2011 only one day after the US premiere.
http://skyatlantic.sky.com/game-of-thrones-news

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 12-7-2010 11:16  
Well you got me interested in this so i look at the special was disappointed it was only 11 minutes but i got idea while the show look great for HBO it has competition from Showtime which has a show c ...
The game of Thrones is based of a best selling fantasy novel - series.  It is one of the best that I have ever ridden.  The world is well defined with characters who are far from 2 dimensional.  In one book, you hate a guy, but reading from his viewpoint in the next book, you still might not like him, but you feel for him.  Every character is like that in the series, the are really no good guys or bad guys really, everyone is a little gray.  And with the author being an integral part of the TV series (an oddity with movies and tv series based on books) I hope they will bring that same feeling in.  And with having over 7 million copies of the series sold, I am sure a lot of fans will tune into it over Showtime's show
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

1x00 15-Minute Preview

I'm not surprised he ran away from the white walkers but at the price of loosing his head and making his son watch was disturbing, the young girl showing off with the arrow was amusing

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Well i don't know what make of this but yes the young girl showing off with the arrow was amusing i didn't think they were allowed to use bow-arrow

Winter is Coming

Well this was one hell of complicated show to follow 3 different family with different agenda but why does HBO insist on having nudity on all the show, the pointless one has to be the women walking into hot bath it didn't add anything to story line it rather creepy her brother touching to undress her.

I love midget he really adds humour to this show   

That interesting an wedding ceremony at the end . i am not surprise bride was rather nervous at ceremony witness what guest did but what happen afterwards was rather horrible i can't believe he didn't care that she was crying.

What a clif hanger

Reply 10#10 bala's post

If they are going to do nudity they could at leased make it authentic for that generation and the brother undressing his sister was a little creepy but the things some people do for love is diabolical

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yeah they should but this HBO they seem to love nudity

Game Of Thrones has been renewed for a second season after just 1 episode.

Reply 13#13 spratt89's post

That's rather impressive

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I can't wait to VIPTV gets it, no HBO
I am not asking you to dye your hair red and call me Mulder, I would simple ask that you could consider the possibility...

The Kingsroad

Well i actually thought he would be dead but glad it will be ok but the question will he remember what he saw. Arya is one hell of young women who seems to be very talented for a young girl but i felt awful her sister Sansa didn't protect her because she crush on the little prince and the dad having kill the girl's wolf pet was awful . I can't wait to see how Arya is going revenge on him.

Reply 16#16 bala's post

The little prince got what he deserved when the wolf attacked him but Sansa not telling the truth about what happened and killing the wolf was sad

When is VIP getting this?

I am going CRAZY trying to see this show.
Does anyone know when VIP will get it???

Reply 18#18 amattia's post

You should make your request here but follow the notes in post #1

Lord Snow

Well this was interesting episode i should realise she would get pregnant but i doubt it will be a boy given the fact she no clue what it will be as this would be her first child. Saving her brother from death was nice thing but it does seem she now more influential than her brother thank to the marriage to that guy.

What a nice way to end the episode with Arya learning how to fight with sword but pretending it was a dancing lesson was rather amusing . .

Thread