Thread
Printable Version

Body of Proof Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 20#20 kellemanske's post

I get what your saying it just until we know more about the situation i would rather reserve judgement. I do agree that she trying and i think the cake at end kind of shows the daughter wants to reconnect with her mum so whether he likes it or not as you put the choice is hers but not his but he can make it difficult.

Reply 17#17 bala's post

Good episode, she would make a good detective as well as a medical examiner and the family situation looks like they are as bad as each other

Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

Well she seem know a lot about being a ME given the fact she only a surgeon- i wonder how she became so good at being an ME?.

Reply 23#23 bala's post

As see said you cant kill a dead person and I'm sure knowing how to keep someone alive is a great start to being an ME

Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Yes i suppose your right she can't kill dead people but the fact she so good after only being an ME for 6 months seem a bit odd.

what's the big difference between an ME and a surgeon?
A surgeon has to know how he can kill a patient and make sure that doesn't happen, but they also have all the other basic anatomic and medical knowledge. The fact that she was a neurosurgeon makes that she knows the effect of the blow to the head.
The microscopy knowledge is also basic for medical students cause they are trained general first and judging on her age being a respected neurosurgeon, she's a fighter so she probably took extra classes and learned very hard.
Also, 6 months is a lot of time to shave up the basics and it's a tvshow so anything is possible. Btw if I'm not mistaking, medical students also learn the basics of autopsy but maybe that's not correct.
(btw who's overthinking it now It's a good storyline.)

Reply 26#26 kellemanske's post

LOL yeah your probably right i am over thinking it it just i didn't know A surgeon has to know how he can kill a patient that made smile .

Reply 27#27 bala's post

You have to know what you can do wrong before you know what you can't do
A surgeon must know how many and which nerves he can cut before someone is paralysed, but he also has to know where the dangerous spots are, where he can't cut without causing a mass bleeder,... And as a general doctor (so before specializing) you have to learn what the symptoms of everything else is, like asfyxia, poison,...
Or at least that's what I'm convinced of I don't know how the educational program in other countries is. Anyway, I guess that in real life you would have to do some courses to get accreditation as an ME. (this is what I found on the internet: Medical examiners are fully trained medical doctors with a specialty in forensic pathology who are licensed to do examinations on corpses.)

I think she's a cross between House and Shawn on Psych.  

Enjoyed the pilot.  Will be interesting to see what happens.  The dad was  a jerk. Lying is never kewl.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 29#29 arksongbird80's post

i don't think it's like Psych it closer to house and even closer CSI than Psych

not a bad start

Body of Proof debuted last night on ABC, and the prognosis is good. The debut racked up 13.8 million viewers and a 3.0 adult demo rating, thanks in large part to its lead-in Dancing With the Stars.

1x02 Letting Go

I like the way Peter got Brian out of the restaurant but the killer was a real shock

Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

Well i don't think he meant to shoot her it was an accident

Reply 33#33 bala's post

I would of put money on it being Brian from the restaurant

Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

Well it was too obvious suspect but once his girlfriend confirmed where he was that ruled him out.

Helping Hand

Another good episode but it obvious eventually she end up to autopsy on one of her patient. Again with mis direction with suspect who would thought it would be the mother but the cocaine was massive clue.

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Recognizing her own work rather than the victim was interesting but what was the mother thinking by breast feeding her baby while taking cocaine

Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

She didn't know

Reply 38#38 bala's post

Not a very good mother if she didn't know but then again killing someone makes her a terrible mother

Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

Well the reason was so she wouldn't take her baby away so some level she trying to be a good mother

Thread