138 1234567
Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Heroes Season 4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Heroes Season 4 Here

Click Here For The Heroes About & Episode Guides

Click Here To Watch Heroes on VIPTV.net
[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-2-2015 23:52 ]

Actually, as I did last year, I will create weekly discussion threads for each episode.  Once it's time for a new episode, I will merge the weekly discussion threads into this thread.  Not long now people.  Time to start getting excited about the new season.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

4x01: Orientation & 4x02: Jump, Push, Fall **Possible Spoilers**

Alrighty folks...the new season of Heroes begins tonight with the first two episodes of VOLUME 5: Redemption.  This is the thread to discuss them in.  As I did last season, I will merge each week's discussion thread into the season 4 discussion thread prior to the new episode airing.  There will be quizzes for each new episode, so keep your eyes peeled on this forum.

As always...HAPPY VIEWING!   

p.s. I am still quite ill, and will not be able to watch the show tonight, but will get a quiz up ASAP.  Thanks for your understanding.

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

Great couple of episodes with some new but familiar faces and how will Claire explain to her roommate Gretchen what she had just seen
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +2 thanks for participating! 9-22-2009 14:50

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Don't worry i feeling they become very close with each other .
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +2 thanks for participating! 9-22-2009 14:51

It was an excellect two eps. i love the fact that Sylar is in Parkmans head. It is a good way to keep sylar alive and maybe take over parkman and get his body back.
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +2 thanks for participating! 9-22-2009 14:51

I only skimmed your comments, as I still haven't felt well enough to watch the episodes.  I'll try either later tonight or (hopefully) tomorrow.  Glad to see some action again though.

Just got a chance to watch the first two episodes. I didn't know Robert Knepper was coming into the show, what a brilliant addition. He is such a great actor, he'll only add value to the show.

For me this was all about the characters trying to change who they are but being dragged back to what they know. Plus we saw the addition of the new characters.

I agree Carlorica about Sylar being in Parkman's head being a very clever way of keeping him in the show, but we know he's going to have to get out sometime!!

Glad they finally got rid of that awful wig Hayden was sporting last season!!

Good start to the season.
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +2 thanks for participating! 9-23-2009 15:38

I still haven't watched it, but plan to later this evening.  My migraine has finally lifted, so I'm hoping to have a quiz up by tomorrow evening (if not sooner).  Sorry for the delay.  This week has been a misery.

ok anyone notice the chart/timeline theme. Who thinks claires roommate had something to do with the original roommates suicide?
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +2 thanks for participating! 9-23-2009 17:04

Reply 8#8 gabsimom's post

I was thinking that too.  She seemed WAY to interested & not creeped out by it at all.  BTW, she played Gracie on The Nanny.

So glad I finally got to watch the show.  I've been wanting to for days, but with no co-operation from my migraine.  I enjoyed it thoroughly, an also agree with Shinny about Robert Knepper being a great addition to the cast - and that the wig has been laid to rest.

Looking forward to next week already...though I've plenty to keep me busy until then.

4x03: Ink **Possible Spoilers**

New episode tonight.  Here's the thread to discuss it.

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

Well this was good Sylar messing parkman head and force him to use power protect himself. What does that guy need peter for and deaf women what is her power ?
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +2 thanks for participating! 9-29-2009 13:30

Reply 2#2 bala's post

I thought Sylar was going to jump out on Matt and make him shoot his partner and not warn him the dealer was in the cupboard. Samuel after Peter nice trick with the new paper photo and what is with the colors around the deaf woman
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +2 thanks for participating! 9-29-2009 13:30

I really liked this episode, the introduction of the lady who sees colours in place of sound is a good add. I'm guessing she and Peter will have some form of involvement.

I'm not sure I trust Claire's roomy yet. It would be nice for her to have someone she can confide in and trust, but we know that's not how it usually pans out!!

Loving Sylar in Parkman's head and tricking him like that. He really will want to get him out of his head!

I still don't know what to think about Samuel. Obviously everything points to him being bad, but who knows!?

I was trying to figure out if Samuel is "supposed" to be Irish, since this season started, or not because obviously the origin of the name Sullivan is Irish, but I read an interview with Robert and he says he's trying to put a "Gallic-Celtic-Irish-English-Scottish" lilt to it and you can definitely hear when it changes. Funnily enough when he doesn't overplay it he sounds a little like an Irish person who's lived in America for a number of years.

[ Last edited by shinny at 10-1-2009 18:09 ]
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +2 thanks for participating! 10-1-2009 11:16

My favorite part of the Irish accent is the th sound, say three thousand and see if it comes out tree tousand

Reply 4#4 shinny's post

I noticed that about his accent, and you're right - it does sound like an ex-pat accent when he's not pushing.

Tina, you're a hoot.  It depends on which part of Ireland someone is from as to how the "th" sounds - but some DO sound like a "t".   In some parts of England, that combo sounds like an "f".  The English language is fascinating.

As for Gretchen, I don't trust her.  She's too...something.  I can't put my finger on it, but there's something just not right there.

I'll try to get the quiz out tonight.  I haven't been feeling well - not sleeping, and VERY achy, along with a dash of migraine.  Makes it a challenge to think.

Just putting this out there - if one of you would like to do a quiz for an episode, please let me know.  If you do - try and make the quiz as challenging as I strive to.  Send me a PM if you're interested (even if it's not for a while, and you'd like to see the episode & choose a specific one).

Reply 5#5 gabsimom's post

Yeh, I've heard that myself. It's sort of hit and miss on those who say it though. You could say it's more of a Dublin thing, but then I have heard it in other counties. When I started travelling to the States years ago with work they would always ask me to say three and then when I'd say it they would say "You don't say it right" - I'd be like, ok then, we don't all speak without pronouncing the th's ya know - haha!

Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

Lol Barb, I missed your post when I was replying to Tina and we are both saying the same thing

Edit, I meant to say that I usually adapt my english to suit where I am at the time. Well, I try to. For instance, if I asked an American where the Chemist was they would just look at me as if I was crazy, so I say Drug store. Little things like that, but I'll never change the pronunciation of common words we use. For instance Basil (American = Bayzil) (Irish/English = Bahzil)

[ Last edited by shinny at 10-1-2009 20:46 ]

Reply 8#8 shinny's post

No prob.  Being an outsider, my ear is probably a bit more attuned to the differences.  Also, seeing as most of my family in Ireland (whom haven't seen any years) are from Northern Ireland, I recognize how different that accent is from other parts of Ireland.  Really, each county has a bit of a different accent - but Dublin is an entity all it's own.   It's the same with Scotland and England - the accent in Glasgow (especially the rougher parts) can be nearly unintelligible by some, as can a very strong Cockney accent.

In Canada our accents vary provincially, but the most recognizable different accent is from Newfoundland.  Where I live (which is on the border with the US), our accent isn't as strong as in Toronto.  It's amazing what a few hundred kilometers will do.  The thing I find fascinating is that our accent here is not American, but it isn't as strong as those away from the border either.  It's unique...and apparently, my accent is extremely unique (according to friends) because it changes depending on who I'm with, what I'm watching or my level of fatigue.   

138 1234567
Thread