Thread
Printable Version

Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Stargate Universe Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Stargate Universe Season 1-2 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 02:31 ]

I am so excited, trying not to pee my pants.

Has anyone seen this yet as I am waiting till Tuesday to watch it on Sky-One

Reply 2#2 gabsimom's post

Well this was an interesting start to the show-i didn't know that there was 9th symbols address that mean you can travel different glaxeies but what a ship. it does look a lot bigger than Atlantis so I'm impressed but i be interested in seeing what type of enemies they will come across there better be  up to stargate standards.

As to the crew I'm less than impressed but I'm going give it time to develop, none of them have impressed me much in this episode. i kind knew guy with heart condition sacrifice himself for his daughter.

Now there visit different galaxies i can't wait to see who they meet.

For the pilot it had everything any fan would expect however for those who watching this series for a lot longer might be more critical than new fan who never seen the series.

Reply 3#3 spratt89's post

Yes and i thought it was a great opening double episode i watched Atlantis earlier this year but have not seen SG-1

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Atlantis doesn't do SG-1 any justice   

Nothing can beat the original because everything evolves from that series

Reply 3#3 spratt89's post

I watched it last night & LOVED it.  Here's my proof.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 7#7 waterlilybarb's post

To me they really need to prove themselves in a difficult situation

Reply 8#8 bala's post

Definitely, but what a good premiere for the show.  Robert Carlyle as Dr. Rush is great - I can't tell what his agenda is.  Though the tone of this series is quite a bit darker than the other Stargate series', I think it's still hits the right chord.  I'm really interested to see how it continues - and in order to see some of the others who are listed as regular cast members, I'm assuming they'll have to use the communication stones.  That should prove interesting.  

I know this answer, but what is your take on when those flashes happen?  I'm a little bummed, because I hadn't sussed it out yet, and on InnerSPACE, a show on the Space channel, they were talking about it after the premiere aired, and the guy gave it away...saying it took him a little while to figure it out.  It wasn't exactly a spoiler, but it felt like one, which is why I was annoyed.

what is your take on when those flashes happen?

i honestly not sure i haven't figured it out but it's one things i can't wait to find out.
Quote:
  Robert Carlyle as Dr. Rush is great
He's no O'neal or sheppard which is what disappoints me about him . i honestly don't like him as the leader i liked that guy injured during escape with his leg.

It was a great ep and a great show. I am glad that they will be including the orignal cast.

Reply 11#11 carlorica's post

there are guest star-there are only going make brief appearances

Reply 12#12 bala's post

Yeah I know but it is cool how they made the tie over. I am still trying to figure out who attacked them. It looked like g'ould ships.

Reply 13#13 carlorica's post

didn't they say it was the lucian alliance?

Reply 10#10 bala's post

Dr Rush is not suppose to be the oneil or sheppard the 2 military guys are. Dr. Rush is suppose to be Daniel and maybe carter and the kid is our Rodney it appears.

Reply 15#15 gabsimom's post

I have to agree with you and add that the kind may also be a little Daniel also.

and to reply to you  kellemanske they may have said that but it was so quick that I missed it XD

Reply 15#15 gabsimom's post

The problem i can't picture Daniel as the leader

air (3)

Well this ok episode not as exciting as last week but we learnt a little bit about some of character so stones transport you back earth in that person body.

Reply 18#18 bala's post

They're the same stones they used on SG1.  I liked the episode - and that we got to see them using the stones, so we now know how those characters will be used in the series.   I also liked the start of character development.  Still not sure about Rush.  I can't tell if his agenda is good or bad, and I'm not sure if I like him or not.

I liked the way the 'MD' drugged the lieutenant that was transferred into Young's body

Thread