Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Parker, Broderick 'welcome twin daughters'

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick have reportedly welcomed twin daughters.

The surrogate carrying the couple's children is understood to have given birth either this morning or last night.

According to Access Hollywood, the news was announced by Barbara Walters during today's episode of The View.

Ohio station WTRF has also reported that the Sex And The City star and her husband are currently at the East Ohio Regional Hospital in Martins Ferry with the surrogate.

A hospital spokesperson has declined to comment on the reports. An official statement is expected later today.

Parker and Broderick, who announced the pregnancy in April, are already parents to six-year-old James.

Source

Chris Brown 'pens Rihanna love song'

A track believed to be recorded by Chris Brown about his relationship with Rihanna has leaked on the internet, according to reports.

The singer, who was yesterday charged with assaulting former girlfriend Rihanna, reportedly penned the song after their violent altercation in March.

Entitled ‘Not My Fault’, the lyrics include: "I pick up the paper and the headline reads/ It said ‘Singer broken heart and some satin sheets’/ And I’m like why? We had a hell of a time.

"When I first met ya I told ya you will be safe/ In the misty fog you win something/ Falls to the floor and breaks/ But we look down to see what you dropped/Oh it’s your heart/Shorty see he’s caught up it’s not my fault."

Last month, semi-nude pictures allegedly of Rihanna circulated on websites, leaving the singer "devastated".

None of the photographs showed her face, however, she was visible in other images supposedly from the same set.

Source

Megan Fox: 'I have self-esteem problems'

Megan Fox has said that being named the sexiest woman in the world does not stop her from having self-esteem problems.

The Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen star told Metro that she is nevertheless flattered by the positive attention.

Fox said: "I'm totally self-aware so to complain about that would be outrageous. It doesn't get me through the day.

"I still have my own issues and my self-esteem problems - but there is nothing but appreciation when that happens."

Fox was named the sexiest woman in the world for the second year running this week by the readers of FHM magazine.

Source

Farrah Fawcett -- Grim Reports

Farrah Fawcett is reportedly close to death.

Numerous reports have surfaced that family members are gathering for their final goodbyes.

Farrah's health has been deteriorating ever since she was diagnosed with anal cancer three years ago.

We just spoke to Farrah's rep, who would only tell us, "She continues to be treated for her condition."

Source

Co-star 'concerned' for Pattinson safety

Twilight actor Michael Welch has expressed concern for the growing level of fame surrounding co-star Robert Pattinson.

The 21-year-old, who plays Mike Newton in the vampire franchise, told MTV News that he was stunned to learn that Pattinson was reportedly clipped by a taxi as he attempted to flee fans in New York.

"I don't see how this is sustainable - is this gonna keep going for the rest of his life?" he said.

"I understand it, it's Edward Cullen, I get it. But he's still Rob Pattinson first - he's still his own guy. Is it time to start getting concerned here?... It's tough, man. I don't know where his life is really headed."

Welch, who previously compared Pattinson's fame to that of President Barack Obama, added that he "would not wish" to ever experience the same level of recognition.

"I don't wish I had Rob's life at all. I'm glad he's okay. And as long as people don't start ripping at him and breaking him in two, I think we'll be okay... I wish him the best, and hope he's going to be all right," he said.

The second instalment in the Twilight saga, New Moon, is released in November.

Source

Ryan O'Neal Shuts Down Farrah Fawcett's Website

We just got our hands on a letter Ryan O'Neal's lawyer fired off to the guy who ran a Farrah Fawcett website, demanding that he stop pretending it's her official site and then asking for money.

Greg Lott -- who claims to have been Farrah's high school sweetheart -- has been writing brutal posts about Ryan, claiming he's been running around with other women while Farrah was sick and making all sorts of drug allegations.

Ryan's high-powered law firm just sent Lott a cease and desist letter, demanding that he shut down the site, stop soliciting money, stop making defamatory comments about Ryan, stop splashing images of Farrah around town and stop selling Farrah-related merchandise.

Lott took his site down after receiving the letter, which was dated June 23.

Source

Actress Farrah Fawcett dies, aged 62

Actress Farrah Fawcett has died of cancer at the age of 62.

It was reported earlier today that she had been admitted to an intensive care unit following a deterioration in her health.

The former Charlie's Angels star had been battling anal cancer for three years. She had been given the all-clear in 2007, however, the disease later returned.

Earlier this week, the actress's long-term boyfriend Ryan O'Neal revealed that he planned to marry her. The couple started dating in the 1980s, while they had one son together called Redmond, 24, who is currently serving a prison sentence for drug use.

From 1973 to 1982, Fawcett was married to Six Million Dollar Man actor Lee Majors.

She picked up a number of Golden Globe and Emmy nominations and in 1995 she was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

More to follow.

Digital Spy

Sky News

Ew.com

R.I.P Farrah Fawcett

Actress Farrah Fawcett has died of cancer at the age of 62.

It was reported earlier today that she had been admitted to an intensive care unit in Los Angeles following a deterioration in her health.

The former Charlie's Angels star had been battling anal cancer for three years. She had been given the all-clear in 2007, however, the disease later returned, report BBC News.

Earlier this week, the actress's long-term boyfriend Ryan O'Neal revealed that he planned to marry her. The couple started dating in the 1980s, while they had one son together called Redmond, 24, who is currently serving a prison sentence for drug use.

It is believed that O'Neal was gathered by her bedside along with other friends and family. It has also been claimed that a priest was called to her hospital room before she passed away.

From 1973 to 1982, Fawcett was married to Six Million Dollar Man actor Lee Majors.

She picked up a number of Golden Globe and Emmy nominations and in 1995 she was honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.

SOURCE

Reply 569#569 spratt89's post

I just saw it on Sky News. They are saying unconfirmed so far, but it looks like it's true; That he suffered Cardiac Arrest.

Hayden on Movie Nudity: "You Never Know"

Hayden Panettiere has no problem showing some skin.

In her new movie, I Love You, Beth Cooper (in theaters July 10), Ms. Panettiere stars as the most popular girl in high school who is the object of the school nerd's affection. In one scene, with her back to the camera, she drops her towel in the locker room to impress her geeky suitor, played by Paul Rust.

So just how naked was she? Read on to find out...

"I was really naked," the 18-year-old starlet tells me. "I had these little sticky petals on my boobs, but that was about it. My dad calls me such an exhibitionist. He always says, 'God, even when you were little, you were such an exhibitionist!' "

Even so, Panettiere has no plans to go frontal for the cameras...yet.

"I'm cool with my body, and I'm cool running around undressed and all that stuff, but there are just certain things that not everyone needs to know, that you need to keep somehow private and personal to you," she said. "But you never know, you never know. I could be 30 years old and just be like, 'Screw it—I want to take it all off. I better take a picture of this baby before it all goes.' "

(That's not all I have for you. Make sure to come on back here later on for even more exclusive scoop from Ms. Hayden.)

Source

Leona, Beyoncé, Timberlake for Jackson gigs?

Leona Lewis, Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake are among the stars rumoured to be filling Michael Jackson's O2 tour dates.

According to The Sun, tour promoters AEG are planning a benefit gig in honour of Jackson, who died on Thursday.

The 'Man In The Mirror' singer had signed for a series of gigs at the O2 arena in London prior to his death.

Diana Ross, Sir Paul McCartney and Usher have also reportedly been approached for the tribute.

Earlier this week, it was reported that AEG Live could face a £300 million insurance liability.

Source

Jackson heading for No.1 on UK album chart

Michael Jackson's Number Ones is set to hit number one in the UK albums chart tomorrow, after a wave of sales following the superstar's death on Thursday.

The Official Charts Company has announced that the hits album is set to rise straight to the top of the chart, with up to half a dozen other albums also expected to move up into the Top 75.

Jackson's death is is also expected to impact on the singles chart, with a handful of tracks set to move into the Top 40. 'Man In The Mirror', 'Billie Jean' and 'Thriller' are so far proving to be the most popular titles with fans.

The final charts will be confirmed on Radio One's Official Chart Show tomorrow, from 4pm to 7pm.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a162387/jackson-heading-for-no1-on-uk-album-chart.html

Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead

TMZ has confirmed TV pitchman Billy Mays was found dead today in his home in Tampa, Florida early this morning.

According to the Tampa PD, the 50-year-old TV pitchman was found unresponsive by his wife Deborah at 7:45 AM.

TMZ has learned Mays' body has already been removed from his home.

Mays had just returned from Philadelphia, where he shot a new OxiClean commercial. He was a passenger aboard a plane that suffered a blown front tire upon landing. He told a local TV station, "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

We're told Mays was at his home around 6:00 PM last night, and according to a source Mays was "acting fine and normal ... he was talking business with his father-in-law."

According to cops, there are no signs of forced entry to the residence and no foul play is suspected.

The Medical Examiner's office is expected to complete the autopsy by tomorrow afternoon.

Billy's wife Deborah just released the following statement:

Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times.

Source

FAA -- Billy Wasn't Wearing a Seat Belt on Plane

The FAA is already deflecting blame for the death of Billy Mays -- claiming the legendary TV pitchman wasn't wearing a seat belt when he took a shot to the head during a rough landing on a flight he was on yesterday.

Here's what we know -- Billy Mays was aboard US Airways Flight 1241 flying from Philadelphia, which landed roughly when the front tire blew out as it touched down. After the flight, Billy told FOX 13 in Tampa that something struck him in the head -- here's Billy's actual quote:

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

We called the FAA for comment, and a spokesperson told us, "The passenger needs to wear a seat belt during landing and he didn't."

A spokesperson for US Airways did not want to comment until more information comes to light.

Billy posted about it last on his Twitter last night, saying, "Just had a close call landing in Tampa. The tires blew out upon landing. Stuck in the plane on the runway. You can always count on US Air."

Source

Bradley Sees Jen Aniston as "Just a Friend"

Despite their recent late-night dinner together, Bradley Cooper is just friends with Jennifer Aniston.

That's what the Hangover star told reporters (in fluent French, no less!) while attending a Louis Vuitton event in Paris.

"She's a friend of mine," the actor said. "Simply, simply, just a friend."

So what about those sightings from their cozy dinner?

"She's someone who is super, super known," he explained to the French media. "If someone says hello to her, it's given that he's fallen in love with her. So, no. No. She's a very, very interesting woman, but she's simply a friend."

So there you have it...although it wouldn't be the first time someone had towed the whole "just friends" line, only to be spotted swapping spit later.
Do you buy Bradley's story?

Source

Pattinson 'warned against Stewart romance'

Robert Pattinson has reportedly been warned by his relatives that he should not start dating Twilight co-star Kristen Stewart.

The actor, who plays vampire Edward Cullen in the franchise, has been linked to Stewart (Bella Swan) in several tabloids since the blockbuster movie was released last year.

Speaking to Life & Style, his aunt Diana Nutley said: "I don't think it would be a good idea for Robert to be in a serious relationship with Kristen.

"How can he live his life with a fellow star, with their every move being watched just like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes?"

Nutley, who is the sister of Pattinson's mother, added: "He's only 23 and probably won't get married until he's 40, if he's got any sense... I think he will eventually come back home to England and fall in love with somebody he's known since school."

Pattinson recently admitted that he found the rumours about his relationship with Stewart to be "really bizarre", insisting that they are just friends.

Source

Acting Legend Karl Malden Dead At 97

Oscar winner Karl Malden has died at his home in Brentwood, Los Angeles, three years shy of his 100th birthday. The Streets of San Francisco star was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1912 and raised in Gary, Indiana - coincidentally the birthplace of Michael Jackson, who died last week.

A former steelworker and teacher, Malden studied acting at the Goodman Theater Dramatic School in Chicago and chose to take his talents to New York, where he became involved with the fabled Group Theater.

He made his stage debut in 1937 and struck up a theatrical partnership with legendary director Elia Kazan, who cast Malden in a host of successful Broadway shows.

After serving in World War Two, the actor landed his big movie break in 1940's They Knew What They Wanted and he quickly became an in-demand film star, winning an Oscar for his performance as Mitch in A Streetcar Named Desire in 1951.

He also landed roles in classics like On the Waterfront and Baby Doll.

Malden became a household name in America when he teamed up with Michael Douglas in TV cop drama The Streets of San Francisco in the early 1970s.

He also became the pitchman for American Express - a position he held for 21 years.

In 1988, he was elected President of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences - a title he held for five years.

Malden's memoir is called When Do I Start?: A Memoir.

As well as his Best Supporting Actor Oscar win in 1951, the actor also claimed an Outstanding Supporting Actor Emmy in 1985 for the TV series Fatal Vision.

Malden was honoured with Life Achievement Awards at the Temecula Valley International Film Festival in 1998 and the Screen Actors Guild Awards of 2004.

His star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame can be found at 6231 Hollywood Boulevard.

SOURCE
Other Articles: LA Times, Washington Post
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I Also think I saw on another website that the other leading lady of Are You Being Served passed away.

Reply 578#578 spratt89's post

I liked Mollie Sugden.  My Mum & I used to watch the repeats of Are You Being Served? at night on PBS.  We would try to guess what colour her hair would be each episode. LOL!

Here's a link to an article about the deceased 86 year old actress.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I always found the episodes very funny to watch even after all of this time.

Thread