Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

Stiller To Take Away MTV's Generation Award

Ben Stiller will take home the MTV Movie Awards' highest accolade at this year's ceremony - he will receive the Generation Award for his laughter-packed Hollywood career.

The Meet The Parents funnyman has been named as the recipient of the honour in recognition of giving cinema-goers some of the funniest characters of the last decade, including Zoolander, Gaylord Focker and Tugg Speedman.

Stiller kicked off his career with his own MTV series in the early 1990s, which was subsequently cancelled after one season.

But the actor remembers his time at the channel fondly, even joking he romanced veteran MTV presenter J.J. Jackson.

He says, "I am honoured to be getting the Generation Award. I was given my first show at MTV and also cancelled for the first time. I also was secretly having an affair with J.J. Jackson, so it brings back pleasant memories."

Stiller joins a stellar list of previous winners of the Generation Award, including Tom Cruise, Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and Mike Myers.

The Golden Popcorn prizes, nominated and voted for by MTV viewers, will be handed out in Los Angeles on 31 May.

Source

Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards Kiss and Make Up

Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards had one of the most bitter divorces in Hollywood history, but they may be finding a way to be more civil to each other.

Surprisingly, Charlie and Denise had dinner together not too long ago. And Charlie’s new wife Brooke Mueller even came too! Denise tells The Daily 10, "So I love that... It's important for our daughters to see us get along and to be able to be in the same room."

She adds: "I think anytime you go through a divorce it's such a huge change in your life, and obviously my divorce was very public and it got very nasty... Charlie and I didn't want that -- we didn't want all the conflict and this and that, and that's just what the situation was."

Denise claims she and Charlie have put all the baggage of their 2006 divorce behind them. She says, "We've worked very hard to get it to this place, and I'm so grateful for it. I think it's important for, you know... It's a lot less stress, it's a lot less money, that we get along."

"I don't have a choice but to get past it. You know, I don't read a lot of that stuff obviously -- I'm not stupid. I know what's said in most of it, but it's just moving forward in my life and at that time when it was really bad in my life, I didn't think about that stuff. I had to think about, 'I'm a Mom, I have two daughters that depend on me.' So I put all that stuff aside and I kind of just live in a little bubble. I like things very calm and happy."

You can catch Denise’s interview with The Daily 10 interview tonight at 7:30PM on E! And the season premiere of Denise Richards It’s Complicated airs June 7th. Think Charlie will be making a cameo this season?

Source

Mike Tyson's daughter on life support

Mike Tyson's daughter, Exodus, is on life support in "extremely critical condition" after an accident in her Phoenix home, the Associated Press reports. The boxer's four-year-old reportedly was playing on a treadmill and became entangled in a cord located under the machine's console. Her seven-year-old brother found the girl and alerted their mother, who called for emergency response. “Somehow she was playing on this treadmill, and there’s a cord that hangs under the console — it’s kind of a loop,” Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill said. “Either she slipped or put her head in the loop, but it acted like a noose, and she was obviously unable to get herself off of it.” Tyson flew back to Phoenix from Las Vegas immediately upon hearing the news. At this time authorities are ruling the child's injury as accidental.

Source

Mike Tyson's Daughter Dies

A rep for the Phoenix Police Department has just released the following statement regarding Mike Tyson's 4-year-old daughter:

I was just advised by investigators that Exodus Tyson was pronounced deceased at 11:45 AM today at the hospital. Our sympathies go out to the family.

Paramedics were called to Tyson's Phoenix home at around 10:30 Monday morning when his 7-year-old son found the young girl hanging from a treadmill by its power cable.

UPDATE: Tyson's family just released this statement:

There are no words to describe the tragic loss of our beloved Exodus. We ask you now to please respect our need at this very difficult time for privacy to grieve and try to help each other heal.

Source

Reply 524#524 spratt89's post

this is sad

Sutherland 'had no passion with Roberts'

Quote:
Kiefer Sutherland has admitted that his relationship with Julia Roberts fizzled out because they lacked passion.

The couple became engaged after co-starring in 1990's Flatliners, although Roberts later called off the marriage a few days before the wedding and began dating actor Jason Patric.

Speaking to Elle, he said: "At the time, I wanted to raise horses on a farm in Montana, and she was the number one actress on the planet. That didn't create a specific rift but there was a gulf in what we actually wanted.

"There was a huge connection between us but... it was more like friends than the passionate relationship that she or I would have wanted."

The 24 star, who has been married twice, added that he is unsure whether he wants to tie the knot again. "I've seen some of the greatest couples I know torn apart by marriage," he said.

"People quit each other. They take everything for granted. I was married for nine years and wasn't successful at it. I'm still best friends with my ex-wife but I try not to repeat the same mistakes twice."
Source

Washington: 'Travolta struggles over son's death'

Denzel Washington has revealed that John Travolta is still grieving over the loss of his son, it has been reported.

According to People, Washington, who stars opposite Travolta in The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, recently had a phone conversation with the Pulp Fiction actor and admitted his co-star's healing process "will take time".

Washington said: "So more than talking to him, I listened to him, for about two or three hours. Needless to say, he's struggling. What can you say, really?

"Just be there as a friend, because he's such a sweet, sweet person. Our prayers are with he and his wife."

Travolta's 16-year-old son, Jett, died suddenly in the Bahamas in January.

Source

Johnny Depp Names His Private Beach After Heath Ledger

Johnny Depp has a lot to be envious of…his good looks, his acting chops, and his lifestyle! In the latest issue of Vanity Fair, Johnny talks about his own private island in the Bahamas, which he calls his “decompression.”

The island, Little Hall’s Pond Cay, features six different beaches, all of which Depp named after important people in his life. There’s one named after his girlfriend Vanessa Paradis, their two children Rose and Jack, and his two mentors, Marlon Brando and Hunter S. Thompson.

Johnny also dedicated a patch of water to the late Heath Ledger, calling it “Heath’s Place.” After his death, Johnny played one side of Heath’s character in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, so that the film could be completed.

Johnny says of the island, "It's my way of trying to return to normalcy. Escapism is survival to me. I don't think I’d ever seen any place so pure and beautiful. You can feel your pulse rate drop about 20 beats. It's instant freedom. And that rare beast—simplicity—can be had.”

“And a little morsel of anonymity. Whenever I was getting frustrated about being 'novelty boy' and making movies, I told myself, 'Calm down. I can come down here and disappear.' I spent the Christmas season here with Vanessa and the kids. You can feed hot dogs to the nurse sharks in the Exumas — but it's best to not swim when doing it."

Sounds like the life! And Johnny knows he’s lucky. He says, "Money doesn't buy you happiness. But it buys you a big enough yacht to sail right up to it." Check out the whole article in his month’s Vanity Fair.

Source

LaBeouf & Bardem To Join Douglas On Wall Street

Shia LaBeouf and Javier Bardem are taking on Michael Douglas in the forthcoming sequel to 1987 film Wall Street.

Douglas has been recast as ruthless Wall Street player Gordon Gekko by director Oliver Stone for Wall Street 2, a follow-up to the Oscar-winning drama - and he's landed an all-star cast.

Transformers star LaBeouf is set to play an ambitious trader who is engaged to Gekko's daughter, while Bardem will take on the role of a risk-taking hedge fund manager.

The original film's stars received mixed reviews. Douglas won an Oscar for Best Actor for the movie while Daryl Hannah's performance earned her a Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actress.

Wall Street 2 is slated to begin filming in August.

Source

Eminem 'burgled during MTV Awards'

Eminem was reportedly burgled while he attended last weekend's MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles.

According to the New York Daily News, the rapper returned to his hotel room following the ceremony to discover that thousands of pounds worth of property had been stolen.

It is thought that a $60,000 diamond necklace and his personal laptop were among the items reported missing.

Eminem's appearance at Sunday night's event hit the headlines after a semi-naked Sacha Baron Cohen crash landed on him during a stunt that supposedly went wrong. It was later confirmed that the prank had actually been staged.

Representatives for the star, who performed alongside Jay-Z at this week's live concert launch of DJ Hero, have yet to comment on the alleged incident.

Source

Scrubs' star sued over brawl

Scrubs actor Robert Maschio has been sued by a man who alleges that the star attempted to choke him.

The lawsuit claims that Maschio, who plays the show's Dr Todd 'The Todd' Quinlan, drunkenly assaulted bartender Tom Binder at a Make-A-Wish charity event in Santa Monica, California, TMZ reports.

The case states that the actor grabbed Binder "by his necktie and began choking him, lifting him partly off the ground and yelling even louder: 'Let's take this outside'".

Binder is suing for assault and battery as well as seeking unspecified damages.

He also named Scrubs broadcaster ABC as a defendant in the case.

SOURCE

Eminem denies MTV burglary reports

Eminem has dismissed reports that he was burgled during the MTV Movie Awards.

According to the New York Daily News, the 'We Made You' star had over $60,000 worth of property swiped from his hotel room while he was attending Sunday evening's ceremony.

Speaking to Rapradar, he said: "The only thing was that I lost a Nike watch that we were looking for. The rest it is made-up like half the other stuff out there."

Eminem's appearance at the awards hit the headlines after a semi-naked Sacha Baron Cohen 'accidentally' crash landed on him during a stunt. The rapper later admitted that he was "thrilled" by how the prank had been received.

Source

NBC Footage 'Proves Cohen Is Innocent Of Assault'

Movie bosses have blasted a lawsuit against comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, insisting video evidence proves he never touched the woman he's accused of assaulting.

Richelle Olson has filed suit against Cohen and studio chiefs at NBC Universal, claiming she was injured in a stunt at a bingo hall in Palmdale, California in 2007, which was shot for the star's forthcoming comedy Bruno.

She claimed Cohen, who appeared in character as his outrageous gay Austrian alter-ego, used "vulgar and offensive language" when he took the stage to call the numbers during the charity bingo game, and when she tried to snatch the microphone from him she alleges a "physical struggle ensued".

The legal papers allege Cohen "offensively touched, pushed and battered" Olson, causing her to fall to the ground.

But NBC Universal bosses have unearthed footage they insist proves Cohen "never touched" the alleged victim.

A statement reads, "Filmed footage of the full encounter, which took place more than two years ago, clearly shows that Ms. Olson was never touched or in any way assaulted by Sacha Baron Cohen or any member of the production and suffered no injury.

"If the Olsons elect to proceed with their frivolous action, we expect each of the defendants to be fully vindicated."

Source

Britney Settling Up With Ex-Manager

Britney Spears has one less legal scuffle to come home to.

Attorneys for the touring poptart have settled a lawsuit brought by a manger Spears worked with in the early aughts who complained that she broke her agreement to pay him commissions until 2008.

The "Toxic" singer worked with Johnny Wright until 2003, according to the suit, and she stopped cutting him checks at the end of 2006.

Terms of the settlement were not disclosed, per the Los Angeles Times.

Also in court today, Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Reva Goetz, who has been overseeing Spears' conservatorship and approving money exchanges right and left, signed off on another

$193,000 in legal fees to be paid by Spears' estate mainly to the attorneys who handled this case.

Meanwhile, Spears had the night off Friday in between shows at London's O2 Arena, where she's set to perform eight times before moving the Circus to Manchester's M.E.N. Arena on June 17.

Source

Heidi Pratt Hospitalized in Costa Rica

Whether by choice or by act of God, Speidi keeps getting out of I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!
Heidi Pratt has been hospitalized in Costa Rica during her and Spencer's stay in "isolation" from the rest of the cast of the NBC reality series. Spencer accompanied his wife on the ambulance ride and remains by her bedside.

The news was broken by Spencer's sister, Stephanie Pratt, who tweeted that "[Heidi was] rushed to the hospital and has an IV in her arm after being locked in a dark room for 3 days w no food or water. Pls pray she will be ok…Her family is flying out to see her in the hospital."
The younger Pratt blames NBC for going "too far" in punishing the Hills couple after they tried to quit the bug-eating, jungle-surviving show after just one episode and then begged to return.
Last week, NBC exec Paul Telegdy said the "insincere, lazy, entitled" Pratts had been sent to "isolation," before producers would decide the twosome's fate on tomorrow's show, vowing that the Pratts "really are going to bare their souls."

Source

Well they brought it on themselves by saying they are better than the rest and well they are not, so maybe that will teach them a lesson.

Kyra Sedgwick gets Hollywood star

The 43-year-old, who won a Golden Globe for her role in TV show The Closer, became the 2,384th celebrity to be honoured on the Hollywood Boulevard.

Kyra's voice broke during the ceremony as she thanked her nearest and dearest after accepting her star, and she told Access Hollywood: "It's a lot more moving than I thought it would be."

She went on: "I got very emotional. It was really nice and so great to see so many people here that I love so much."

But the actress - who has appeared in films such as Something To Talk About and Phenomenon - said she was just glad that her name was correct on the star.

"I was extremely happy that it was spelt correctly - there's no second 'e' after the 'g', which is what often happens, so I'm pleased about that," she added.

Kyra's star was unveiled next to her actor husband Kevin Bacon's award.

"Kevin and I don't plan on being buried, so this is actually a good burial ground for both of us. We plan on having our ashes spread, not to be morbid," she revealed.

SOURCE

JESSICA ALBA APOLOGIZES FOR 'ILL-ADVISED DECISION'

Jessica Alba is speaking out to ET in the midst of a vandalism case in which unnamed individuals pasted numerous posters of sharks around Oklahoma City, including on a United Way billboard, last weekend.

"I got involved in something I should have had no part of," Alba tells ET. "I realize that I should have used better judgment and I regret not thinking things through before I made a spontaneous and ill-advised decision to let myself get involved with the people behind this campaign. I sincerely apologize to the citizens of Oklahoma City and to the United Way for my involvement in this incident."

The Oklahoma City Police Department tells ET that the unnamed individuals pasted the shark posters on electrical boxes, one on a bridge, and one on a United Way billboard in the downtown area.
A new police report will be issued tomorrow morning.

Source

IT'S A BOY FOR THE 'PREGNANT MAN'

The "pregnant man," a.k.a. Thomas Beatie, has given birth to his second child.

Thomas, who was born a woman but now self-identifies as a man, gave birth to a baby boy on Tuesday morning, according to "20/20."

The new baby boy joins big sister Susan, whom Thomas and his wife Nancy welcomed in November of 2008.

According to "20/20" Thomas and Nancy have not yet decided on a name for their new little one. The TV newsmagazine also reports that Nancy will breastfeed the baby boy, as she did Susan.

Thomas is pictured above with Barbara Walters from a "20/20" interview.

Source

KENDRA WILKINSON ASKS FOR BABY ADVICE!

"Girls Next Door" star Kendra Wilkinson tells the world that the baby news is true and is now calling on all moms to give her some tips!

Kendra delivered the news via her Web site:

"hi everyone!!!! so the rumors are true…i am pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hank and i were beyond excited when we found out the news and ive been dying to tell all of you but we were waiting for the perfect time to do it. im sorry if you heard it first elsewhere…that's not how i wanted it to happen, but im so glad its out in the open now.

"i honestly still cant believe that soon hank and i are going to have a little athlete running around the house. seriously, the first thing this kid is going to see when its born is a football hahahahaha. do you think hank will let me dress the baby in a chargers jersey??? lololol.

"this is the best wedding gift i could have ever asked for and i cant wait until the time gets closer when i can start decorating the baby's room and shopping for him or her…im definitely going to go ALL out! all of you mommies out there are going to have to give me tips on all the important baby preparations…remember, im a first timer here haha. ive been reading all of the books but these books arent going to tell me everything so i definitely would appreciate your advice!

"wow this has really been quite a year. from my career to my engagement, and now a baby too! im the luckiest girl in the world!!!!

"thank you so much for all of your support…it truly means the world to me!!! i love you all!!!!!!!"

Kendra is engaged to NFL star Hank Baskett and the two reportedly plan to marry on June 27.

Source

Thread