Thread
Printable Version

Showbiz News

niiice! that man deserves all the best. and so does his fabulous show!

Body Found -- Matches Missing Boy

Chicago cops have found the body of a child and are investigating whether it's the body of Jennifer Hudson's nephew, Julian King. The medical examiner has not yet made an ID, but we are now told the body is that of a 7-year-old African American boy, the same age and race as Julian (Scroll down for live video of crime scene).
The body was found inside a 1994 white Chevy Suburban. It is the same SUV owned by Jason Hudson, the murdered brother of Jennifer. Before his arrest, cops were looking for William Balfour, the suspect and estranged husband of Jennifer's sister. The license plate of the Suburban matches Jason's SUV.

The SUV was found a few miles from the area where cops arrested Balfour.

The SUV is now being towed from the scene. Unclear if the body is still at the scene. No ID so far.

Neighbors say the vehicle has been parked there since Saturday. Balfour was arrested Friday night.

The SUV has been towed with the body still inside the vehicle. The SUV is now at a police garage in Chicago.

Boy Shot In Head

A source close to the Chicago murder investigation says the murdered 7-year-old suffered at least one gun shot to the head.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office has not yet confirmed the boy is in fact Julian King ... the FBI says it believes the body is that of Julian.

Sean Howard, a spokesman for Cook County, says Jennifer Hudson has not yet arrived to ID the body -- but should be there shortly.

Cops Confirm Worst News to Hudsons

Chicago police have told Jennifer Hudson's family the body of the boy found murdered is that of 7-year-old Julian King, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Jennifer Hudson is at the M.E.'s office now to identify the body.

What's up with celebrities having twins? I think that's great.. twins are fun..

10,000 complaints over Brand phone prank

Quote:
The BBC has now received more than 10,000 complaints over Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross's prank phone calls to actor Andrew Sachs, it has been confirmed.

The broadcasters have faced a backlash over their behaviour on a pre-recorded edition of Brand's Radio 2 programme, which went out on Saturday, October 18. In a series of voicemail messages, the pair spoke about how Brand had "f**ked" Sachs' granddaughter before joking that he would kill himself after hearing the news.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has today described the incident as "inappropriate and unacceptable", calling for "appropriate action" to be taken. Conservative leader David Cameron has also urged the BBC to respond to the row by answering some "very straightforward questions".

Meanwhile, media regulator Ofcom has announced that it will launch an investigation into the matter.

The BBC's Audio and Music director Tim Davie tonight promised that the corporation will launch its own internal review. He said: "We need to look at the process which allowed the programme to go to air."

Speaking outside his home today, former Fawlty Towers star Sachs insisted that his granddaughter was the real victim of the prank.

"I had a very contrite letter from Jonathan Ross making no excuses for his behaviour. I haven't heard from Russell Brand directly," he explained.

"They apologise to me and they say how awful for Mr Sachs, but nobody has offered any apology to my granddaughter. I replied to Jonathan Ross and suggested that is where he should direct his attentions. The real focus should be on the harm they have done to her."

Hulk -- That's How He Rolls

Hulk and Linda are at each others' throat again, and this time we're told it's over a combination of Hulk's prized Rolls-Royce and his worst enemy -- Linda's 19-year-old boyfriend.

The Rolls-Royce in question was to sit in storage until their marital assets were divided -- because the car loses value if driven. But Linda recently wanted to take it on a joy ride anyway.

Once Hulk's counsel got word Linda was having the car prepped to drive, they had the Rolls moved to an undisclosed location.

Sources tell us the car's insurance was "woefully inadequate," and Hulk had fears Linda's 19-year-old boyfriend Charley Hill would drive it -- which could have put the extremely expensive car at risk.

It wouldn't be the first thing of Hulk's Charley has ridden.

Reply 27#27 spratt89's post

sounds great what he is doing

Russell Brand has resigned from his Radio 2 show over lewd phone calls made to actor Andrew Sachs.

He and fellow presenter Jonathan Ross were suspended by the BBC after they left a phone message for the Fawlty Towers star featured boasts from Brand about his sexual relationship with Sachs' granddaughter Georgina Baillie.

Brand said in a statement: "I have apologised to Andrew Sachs for the rude messages I left on October 18 and he has graciously accepted.

"As I only do the radio show to make people laugh I've decided that given the subsequent coverage I will stop doing the show.

"I got a bit caught up in the moment and forgot that at the core of the rude comments and silly songs were the real feelings of a beloved and brilliant comic actor and a very sweet and big-hearted young woman."

Jonathan Ross also apologised for his part in the prank calls made to the 78-year-old, saying: "I am deeply sorry and greatly regret the upset and distress that my juvenile and thoughtless remarks on the Russell Brand Show have caused."

And BBC Director General Mark Thompson said: "I would like to add my own personal and unreserved apology to Andrew Sachs, his family and to licence fee payers for the completely unacceptable broadcast on BBC Radio 2."

Speaking at the door of his home in Kilburn, northwest London, Sachs said he respected Brand's decision, adding: "I hope he moves forward, I really hope he does.

"It might be a big turning point in his life."

Both the BBC and regulator Ofcom are investigating the broadcast, which also featured Brand and Ross joking about the actor killing himself, but Sachs has said he will not be making a complaint to the police.

Suspected Murder Weapon Recovered

Police recovered a gun today and it may be the murder weapon in the Hudson murder case.

Cops sent 100 personnel to search the area where the body of 7-year-old Julian King was found. A handgun was found in an abandoned lot, about a block away from where the vehicle with Julian's body inside was parked.

Cops believe this is the weapon used in all three murders.

The Chicago Sun-Times broke the story.

Stone Cold Stunner -- Austin Breaks Dude's Nose

Stone Cold Steve Austin stomped a mudhole in some guys face last week -- giving an MMA fighter two black eyes and a broken nose -- but the whole thing was a giant accident.
The former beer swiggin', middle finger flashin' WWE champ was shooting a fight scene for a new movie with MMA fighter Paul Lazenby last week, when Austin accidentally landed a solid left hook, according to MMAScoops.com. Lazenby bled for 20 minutes while medics tended his wound. There was no retaliation from the fighter though -- Lazenby chalked the whole thing up as a freak accident.

EXCLUSIVE: PUBLIC SERVICE SCHEDULED FOR HUDSON FAMILY VICTIMS

ET has learned that a public memorial service has been scheduled to celebrate the lives of the slain members of Jennifer Hudson's family.
Any members of the neighborhood and public may attend a service that will be held this Sunday, November 2. Jennifer and her sister Julia will not attend the service for their mother, Darnell Hudson Donerson, their brother Jason Hudson, and Julia's son Julian King, but other members of the family will be there.
The service will be a chance for the neighborhood to come together to grieve the lost members of their community, and speakers will talk about the lives of all three victims.
A private, invitation-only service will be held from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. anyone who wishes to pay their respects to the deceased Hudson family members is welcome at the event, which will be held at Pleasant Gift Missionary Baptist Church, 4526 S. Greenwood, Chicago, IL, 60653.

Round 2: battle for the kids

Michael Crichton Dies at 66

Michael Crichton, whose contributions to pop culture ranged from the human drama of ER and Disclosure to the sci-fi adventures Jurassic Park and The Andromeda Strain, has died after what his family called "a private battle with cancer." He was 66.

"While the world knew him as a great storyteller that challenged our preconceived notions about the world around us ... family and friends knew Michael Crichton as a devoted husband, loving father and generous friend who inspired each of us to strive to see the wonders of our world through new eyes," his family said in a statement. "He did this with a wry sense of humor that those who were privileged to know him personally will never forget."

Crichton died Tuesday, the family said. ER executive producer John Wells remembered him as "an extraordinary man."

"Brilliant, funny, erudite, gracious, exceptionally inquisitive and always thoughtful," Wells said in a statement. "No lunch with Michael lasted less than three hours and no subject was too prosaic or obscure to attract his interest. Sexual politics, medical and scientific ethics, anthropology, archeology, economics, astronomy, astrology, quantum physics, and molecular biology were all regular topics of conversation. I was blessed to have known him and proud to be able to have called him my friend."

Crichton's page-turner novels — and later the plethora of TV shows and films based on his work — balanced hard science with rip-roaring adventure and small-scale emotion. They sold more than 150 million copies worldwide.

In classic sci-fi fashion, he began with small questions — could dinosaurs walk the earth again? — and blew them out in books that fantasized as much as they informed.

Countless television shows and films in recent years have featured clones, for example, and all owe the public's easy embrace of the concept to Jurassic Park's simple explanation of how dinosaur remains trapped in amber might lead to living dinosaurs.

But also in the sci-fi tradition, Crichton anticipated new technology before it appeared in real life. His terrifying raptors were terrorizing kids in Jurassic Park six years before the birth of Dolly the Sheep.

Crichton's interest in controversial scientific advances — and his right-wing views — earned him plenty of critics. His 2004 bestseller State of Fear, for example, argued that global warming was a hoax.

At 6'9", he could be intimidating in person — or on the page. After political writer Michael Crowley wrote an article accusing Crichton of using "potboiler prose" to push Republican causes, Crichton introduced a child molester in his 2006 book Next — and gave him the name "Mick Crowley."

Crichton attended Harvard College as an undergrad and obtained an M.D. from Harvard Medical School in 1969. He did post-doctoral fellowship study at the Jonas Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla, California, from 1969 to 1970, and was a Visiting Writer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1988.

His first book, Odds On, was published in 1966 under the pseudonym John Lange. His first major success was the The Andromeda Strain in 1969. It has since been made into a 1971 movie, and, this year, into a mini-series.

Tom Selleck Locked and Loaded for Sixth Jesse Stone Flick

Tom Selleck is back for more police action as Jesse Stone in the sixth TV movie of the CBS franchise.

Jesse Stone: No Remorse will find Stone, a small-town police chief with a shady past, heading to Boston to investigate a string of murders following his suspension in Paradise, Mass.

Production has already begun on the telepic in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The fifth installment, Jesse Stone: Thin Ice, has still yet to air on the network.

Also reprising roles for No Remorse are Kathy Baker, Kohl Sudduth, Stephen McHattie, William Devane, William Sadler and Saul Rubinek.

The films are based on the best-selling detective book series by Robert B. Parker, and the fourth one, Jesse Stone: Sea Change, earned Selleck an Emmy nomination.

The actor co-wrote screenplay with Michael Brandman and will also executive produce No Remorse.

Hogan: I'm Banned from Seeing My Crash Victim

Nick Hogan hasn't visited the kid he left paralyzed for life since he left prison -- but it's not for a lack of trying.
Nick was rolling in Vegas, when he told our cameras the reason he hasn't seen John Graziano -- who's been in a vegetative state since Nick's August, 2007 car crash -- is because John's family has refused to let him into the hospital.

But here's the million dollar question: Do you really blame them?

Hulk to Linda: Adultery Accusation is "Pathetic"

Hulk Hogan is kinda sorta striking back at his soon-to-be-ex wife -- one day after she blamed the split on an affair Hulk had with their daughter's BFF.

In a statement released through his lawyer David Houston, Hulk says, "It is unfortunate Linda Hogan will do virtually anything to keep herself in the public spotlight. We are not going to demean this process nor the family any longer by responding to what amounts to pathetic pleas for attention."

Samuel L. Jackson escapes jury duty

Quote:
Samuel L. Jackson has revealed that a judge excused him from jury duty after the defendants recognised him.

The actor was called up to service at a San Fernando Valley courthouse and said he was enjoying the experience until the two men in the dock realised who he was.

"I was reading my book and chilling with all the people in the jury pool; they were kinda shocked that I was there," he said.

"I was in the jury pool, in the box and these guys came in - it was a drug case, or something.

"They sat down and they looked at the jury and they saw me and they were both like: 'Hey!' The judge was like: 'Mr. Jackson, you can go.'"

SIENNA MILLER & BALTHAZAR GETTY SPLIT

Sienna Miller and Balthazar Getty have split up, Us magazine reports. Click to find out how the actress feels about the breakup!
"I'm single at the moment, and I'm completely happy with that," Sienna told Us at the Hollywood Dominoes: VIP Launch in London. "It's nice not to have a relationship that the press constantly want to scrutinize and discuss. I'm cool with being on my own."
The couple's romance became public in July when Balthazar, 33 -- who was married at the time -- was photographed kissing a topless Sienna, 26, on a boat in Italy. Sienna later sued two British newspapers and a photo agency for breach of privacy for publishing the headline-making shots.
Balthazar, whose great grandfather was oil billionaire Jean Paul Getty, announced shortly after the photo was made public that he was separating from his wife Rosetta, who is also the mother of his four children.

Thread