Board logo

Subject: The Listener Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 3-10-2009 06:41     Subject: The Listener Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Toby Logan is a 24-year-old paramedic who can read people's thoughts. The show, which contains humorous and tragic elements, follows Toby as he uses his power to solve crimes.

The series has been given a 13 episode initial order by NBC.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 05:10 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-10-2009 15:17     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

Did you notice he rescues the woman in daylight from the car and runs away and the car explodes and it is then dark then after the intro it is daylight again
Author: bala    Time: 3-11-2009 12:11     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

yes i noticed that as well
Author: bala    Time: 3-17-2009 06:58

the second episode was not bad i didn't figure it out that cop was arsonist
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-24-2009 15:23     Subject: Episode 4 Some Kind of Love

Another good episode Osman now knows what Toby can do but all he wants to know is what the girls are thinking about him
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2009 06:11     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Well now that cop needs to find out-did you notice his reaction he wants his side-kick?

how would you react if you found out your mate can read minds?

i would probably freak out right?
Author: bala    Time: 4-2-2009 12:13

Well i knew that girl was trouble as soon toby meet her
Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-2-2009 17:19

so i've watched the first episode and it was pretty good.  i think the biggest pull is this show was filmed in my home town of toronto so i spent more time watching the background than paying attention to the story.  i'm gonna watch epi 2 and see what a second look will give me in way of liking the show.
Author: bala    Time: 4-7-2009 08:48     Subject: Episode 5

wow didn't see that coming with that boy
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-15-2009 05:52     Subject: Episode 7 Iris

Interesting episode with Iris healing the baby but when it comes to saving her uncle Gavin after being shoot all he wanted was medical help
Author: bala    Time: 4-16-2009 05:39     Subject: Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

yep he didn't believe but i think actress that played Iris was very good i mean i seen her before but i don't know where but she has potential
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-16-2009 05:42     Subject: Reply 11#11 bala's post

Yes i hope we see her again
Author: bala    Time: 4-16-2009 05:58     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

she like his little sister
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-16-2009 06:01     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

If they worked together it would make his job as a Paramedic easier
Author: bala    Time: 4-16-2009 06:08     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

could you really see her go by herself investigate these thing she's a teenager not a adult like Toby. remember shows about toby and he already has side kick .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-16-2009 06:16     Subject: Reply 15#15 bala's post

At the end wasn't she telepathic so she could be Toby's apprentice
Author: bala    Time: 4-16-2009 06:20     Subject: Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

yeah but would he want put her in danger-toby job is quite dangerous i don't think he will put Iris in that kind of danger . We will wait until the next episode
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-21-2009 12:28     Subject: Episode 8 One Way or Another

Great episode especially the end when Toby rescued Charlie from the attacker using his telepathy
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-14-2009 10:08     Subject: Episode 11 Missing

That was a funny opening seen with the woman trying to explain see used the turkey as a cold compress but Toby flashed and saw see through the turkey at him and when Toby confronted her see said its organic as if that makes it OK
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-21-2009 10:13     Subject: Episode 12 The 13th Juror

Another good episode when Toby and Oz's paramedic skills are called into question when, whilst trying to save a victim's life, they trample on a crime scene and compromise the evidence
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-27-2009 22:05     Subject: Episode 13 The Journey

Another season final but good episode with Toby so close to finding his mother but with Charlie critical in hospital and Olivia now finding out about Toby's powers which i thought see already new but that was funny when see slapped his face in the back of the ambulance
Author: bala    Time: 6-1-2009 06:25

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-14-2009 18:08  
That was a funny opening seen with the woman trying to explain see used the turkey as a cold compress but Toby flashed and saw see through the turkey at him and when Toby confronted her see said its o ...
The daughter who keep fainting was more funnier but Toby telling other cop he dating Charlie was also funny or how about boy who sneezed out the penny from his nose . Well the mother framed her father for 4 million
Author: bala    Time: 6-2-2009 05:34

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-21-2009 18:13  
Another good episode when Toby and Oz's paramedic skills are called into question when, whilst trying to save a victim's life, they trample on a crime scene and compromise the evidence
Yeah it was good episode It a bit hard defend yourself if revealed he can hear what people are thinking,it's put him in a difficult situation. . i thought that old man was toby father but wasn't but he did know his mother.
Author: bala    Time: 6-2-2009 06:26

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-28-2009 06:05  
Another season final but good episode with Toby so close to finding his mother but with Charlie critical in hospital and Olivia now finding out about Toby's powers which i thought see already new but  ...
only Charlie know about toby power not Olivia but as you pointed out she know and it was funny when she slapped him-typically women for you . I wonder where she is?.
Author: spratt89    Time: 7-16-2009 04:30

NBC replacing 'The Listener' with 'Law and Order' repeats

According to Variety, beginning on Thursday, July 30, NBC will air Law and Order reruns at 10 p.m. instead of The Listener. Though the one-hour drama starring Craig Olejnik was supposed to run through August, its ratings have been dismal: last Thursday's episode posted a 0.7 rating and 2 share among adults 18-49. The five remaining episodes will not air.

source
Author: kellemanske    Time: 7-16-2009 12:37

I can't find this show, Is it on the site?
Author: bala    Time: 7-17-2009 11:35     Subject: Reply 26#26 kellemanske's post

No it isn't

*finger-crossed*
Author: bala    Time: 8-27-2009 23:38

This has now been added on the site
Author: kellemanske    Time: 8-28-2009 07:51

just saw the pilot, I love this show :d
Author: bala    Time: 8-28-2009 09:49     Subject: Reply 29#29 kellemanske's post

It's a  great show need find out whether it been renewed or not ?
Author: alexgirl    Time: 8-30-2009 12:21     Subject: Lets cross our fingers...

I just found this on the oficial forum for The Listener on the CTV Homepage:

Season 2 would be Toby's journey to figure out his past, and also to find out who is after him," says executive producer Christina Jennings. "You have this telepath who has kept this secret his whole life, and now three other people know about him. They will go to all lengths to help him and protect him."

Jennings says she won't find out whether or not there will be a second season of The Listener until the middle of September, but has two reasons to be hopeful: decent ratings in Canada, and an worldwide distributor in Fox International.

"We've been in the Top 20 this summer on CTV, sometimes in the Top 10, with close to a million viewers, which is big in Canada," she says. "We've got our fingers crossed. We already know that Fox International wants another season because The Listener was a big hit internationally. They've already told CTV that they will be a partner on another season."

"If you let people know about you, people will tune in and watch, and then the proof is in the pudding," she says. "The frustration with The Listener was that we were up against huge competition with The Mentalist and Royal Pains; stiff competition with no promotion on a network that was No. 4.

"So, it was a foregone conclusion that we wouldn't do that well."

[ Last edited by alexgirl at 8-30-2009 12:23 ]
Author: kellemanske    Time: 8-30-2009 13:24

I saw the final today and I really hope there will be a season 2!!! I'm addicted to this show and I don't want this to get cancelled
Author: dannixx    Time: 9-21-2009 17:50

Please tell me there's going to be another season of this? I am like in love with this show. And Toby's eyes. Haha. I can not wait for more. I hate cliffhangers.
Author: bala    Time: 2-6-2011 11:42     Subject: The Listener Season 2 Discussion

Starts Tuesday, February 8th 2011

Talk about a nice surprise
Author: bala    Time: 2-6-2011 12:39     Subject: Reply 33#33 dannixx's post

Well it's taken more than a year but it's back for a second season just found out today
Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-6-2011 12:49     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

I'm gonna rewatch the episodes cause besides some small details, I don't remember much of it.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2011 12:53     Subject: Reply 35#35 kellemanske's post

I'm with you and will have to watch the last episode
Author: bala    Time: 2-6-2011 12:53     Subject: Reply 35#35 kellemanske's post

Here my quick recap The listener is about a paramedic who has ability read people minds and we find out that he can't remember his childhood but he has the occasional flashback and he's trying find out his past but in the meantime he help people with their problems.

I might have to re watch last episode to remember what the clif-hanger was   
Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-6-2011 15:43

I'm at episode 3, but since I have vacation now I will be able to watch them all + the new epi by the end of the week
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2011 15:53     Subject: Reply 38#38 kellemanske's post

I'm just going to watch the last episode again
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2011 17:29     Subject: 1x13 The Journey

Now i remember Toby found the car under the snow were he thought his mother might be but it was empty
Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-6-2011 22:50     Subject: Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

what I was thinking throughout the episode: the reason they want him and his brother is probably because of there gift. And Frank was send to tell toby about the things that were happening, so maybe the beacons are coming from his brother and not from his mother. On the other hand his mom was a listener too so they could be from her too.
What I'm curious about is weather there are more bad guys...
Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-9-2011 07:15

Ok so I watched the first episode of this new season and I noticed some changes.
Like the fact that the bad guys were shown as a big part of the storyline
And a new cop being introduced (don't know if that's important)
And Livia pushing Toby to pry in the memories of the girl was a bit akward, but in the end the right thing to do.
The new love interest for Livia is nice and seeing Toby jealous is funny.
Just 1 remark, in the end it looked like they were talking over Charlie as being death, but I thought she made it through...
Author: bala    Time: 2-9-2011 07:19     Subject: Reply 2#2 kellemanske's post

Yep she's joining the cast

Now you know why they was a delay between season 1 and two they wanted make changes
Author: bala    Time: 2-9-2011 12:28

Quote:
Just 1 remark, in the end it looked like they were talking over Charlie as being death, but I thought she made it through.
In the Season 2 premiere of 'The Listener' “Lady in the Lake” (Tuesday, Feb. 8 at 10 p.m. ET), Toby Logan (Craig Olejnik) - still haunted by guilt over the murder of his friend Detective Charlie

Source
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-10-2011 08:46     Subject: Reply 2#2 kellemanske's post

2x01 Lady in the Lake
As much as i enjoyed this returning episode with Toby identifying the jogger but not sure about the new cop, i was disappointed there was no connection to the car buried in the snow at the end of last season
Author: bala    Time: 2-10-2011 08:48     Subject: Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

I thought that was a dead end i am sure they planning connect in the future episodes
Author: bala    Time: 2-16-2011 07:44     Subject: Crime Seen

Well this was much better episode Tony having explain to cop he mind reader but was reluctant because what happen to Charlie but was forced when undercover cop got killed.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-16-2011 10:17     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

I think this was a good episode, with the partner not believing him either and him answering to unsaid questions...
But I loved the facereading story. Can't believe she fell for that. I know you can read a lot from someone's face, but not that much, especially without a backstory.
Also nice that they cought the guy.
The ending was good with the 'and vice versa' that was thought instead of said.
But there is something about this cop I really don't like.
Author: bala    Time: 2-16-2011 10:26     Subject: Reply 8#8 kellemanske's post

I know what you mean she has a mean face
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-17-2011 13:48     Subject: Reply 7#7 bala's post

This was a great episode, i liked how he said he read faces but eventually had to tell the truth and brown is not a number plus his conversation with their minds was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 2-17-2011 23:29     Subject: Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

I hope they do more mind conversation that what i liked about the show i liked the fact she still doesn't believe him
Author: bala    Time: 2-24-2011 10:02     Subject: In His Sights

The lie detector at start was amusing but catching the shooter proved difficult but Toby range is improving.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-24-2011 11:39     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

I liked the episode very much. Good that their boss didn't keep asking and just wants him to tell him someday. + Loved the ending And Toby talking the guy down without looking in his brain was nice.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-25-2011 07:23     Subject: Reply 12#12 bala's post

He certainly proved himself as a confidential informer and his skills are improving
Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2011 07:33     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

But to what end ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-25-2011 07:39     Subject: Reply 15#15 bala's post

Being a confidential informer can only help the cop and her career but i expect there will be some hiccups along the way
Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2011 07:45     Subject: Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

We both know consequence, he's going develop a brain tumour more his powers grow-i seen enough sci-fi show to see this coming a mile away.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 2-25-2011 08:26

I haven't But I hope you're wrong. And the fact that he's an informant helps him to help others and that's what he wants. I don't think he cares that he helps her carrier.
Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2011 08:32     Subject: Reply 18#18 kellemanske's post

Yeah it won't happen any time soon but if this show survive few more season it will.
Author: bala    Time: 3-9-2011 11:41     Subject: The Brothers Volkov

Well this was an average episode but getting the information from the autistic child was impressive
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-9-2011 12:55     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

I actually liked this episode very much. I think it's good that they showed the thoughts of the autistic child realistic and that it took a lot of efford to get through to him. I also like the way Logan got the truth out of him, using the train set and getting the tip from his partner was nice.
The 'backpain' to get rid of the new beds was funny.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-9-2011 14:13     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

I thought it was the kid from the start but setting him up because of his autism was cruel
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-10-2011 09:21     Subject: Reply 22#22 codebreaker's post

yes, but I don't understand completely why since all three of them have equal diplomatic immunity so he could have just said it was an accident and return to russia... that would have been a lot easier then framing his autistic brother and letting his other brother take the fall.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-16-2011 09:56     Subject: 2x05 Inner Circle

The cops strong arming Logan by towing their ambulance and then arrested him on a bogus charge all because a cop died under suspicious circumstances but the wife having an affair with her husband boss was a surprise and what was his daughter not sorry for
Author: bala    Time: 3-16-2011 11:38     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Killing him, she gave her dad synie
Author: kellemanske    Time: 3-16-2011 15:37

I understand why she gave her dad cyanide, but that doesn't make it right. And Toby was right not telling Michelle because they don't have any proof and that family has already been through so much.
This was a good episode and finding out about Michelle's dad was a nice touch.
Author: bala    Time: 3-23-2011 02:44     Subject: The Magician

Well Magnas almost better of Toby but in the end he managed ruin his plan but it was smart plan. I felt that this was a better episode.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-25-2011 03:26     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

Oz telling the kid how to propose to the girl who swallowed the ring was great and good enough to get Sandie's number which was amusing and that was an almost perfect plan by Magnas to get the people responsible for his daughters killer and the judge who let him go free
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-2-2011 22:46     Subject: 2x07 Ace in the Hole

Interesting to see who was playing Michelle's husband and Toby reading the girls play move on the field was amusing
Author: bala    Time: 4-2-2011 23:43     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was interesting he seem type casted into those type of roles but it was good episode with them getting killer.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-3-2011 04:35

Question: I'm trying to watch the listener episode, but everywhere I look I get a blue bloods(?) episode; even on viptv.
(it's the one where Danny Reagan witnessed a murder and wants to testify against the murderer, a druglord)
Does anyone else have this problem? And does anyone know where I can find the right episode?
Author: bala    Time: 4-3-2011 04:38     Subject: Reply 31#31 kellemanske's post

Yes nice April fools joke
Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-3-2011 06:04

I loved this episode. I was feeling for michelle at the end. It seems like she loved him very much but the gambling was too much.
Author: bala    Time: 4-3-2011 06:05     Subject: Reply 33#33 kellemanske's post

Well at least we finally found out a bit more about her character
Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2011 09:27     Subject: Vanished

Well who would thought the person who kidnapped the baby would be his illegitimate Daughter but she really was one messed individual i hope he help her become more stable.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 4-9-2011 11:39

I doubt it, but she will probably get the help she needs.
I like it that they brought in another gifted. We have now seen 3 different gifts
I wonder if we will see her more.
Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2011 11:45     Subject: Reply 36#36 kellemanske's post

I hope not but i liked second gifted was better
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-11-2011 03:48     Subject: Reply 35#35 bala's post

I'm glad they allowed Rose and her sketch pad to help solve the case
Author: bala    Time: 4-17-2011 09:25     Subject: Jericho

Well this was good episode OZ getting hit on by the new paramedic and not getting a reaction but i am impressed he resisted. I love that she gave hardrive with 14 million data to Toby seeing him put it microwave was nice.

[ Last edited by bala at 4-17-2011 18:27 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-17-2011 10:21     Subject: Reply 39#39 bala's post

I liked the was Oz was able to calm the bride down which also impressed the new paramedic and Toby microwaving the hard drive was a nice was to get rid of the 14 million names and ID
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-23-2011 13:30     Subject: 2x10 Desperate Hours

It makes a nice change for Michelle to try and help after Toby and Oz are taken hostage but Olivia talking Toby through the surgery was impressive but unfortunate he died because of his injuries
Author: bala    Time: 4-23-2011 23:23     Subject: Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was nice but i liked how toby didn't much his power to rescue him. .
Author: bala    Time: 5-13-2011 11:36     Subject: To Die For

Well this was an average episode not as good as pervious episode
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-18-2011 01:30     Subject: Reply 43#43 bala's post

The ferret thing was amusing and not a bad result finding out their star witness pulled the final shot
Author: bala    Time: 5-18-2011 01:39     Subject: Episode 12

Well that sex tape came at bad time look like Logan power cause him some seizure.   . I can't wait for the season finale
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-18-2011 02:10     Subject: Reply 45#45 bala's post

2x12 Eye of the Storm
I suppose she was flattered with his flirting but how unfortunate for her that he was an escort and it's a good job Olivia is looking out for Toby's health because he's not
Author: bala    Time: 5-18-2011 02:13     Subject: Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

Well she should of been suspicious she was in position of power
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-18-2011 02:15     Subject: Reply 47#47 bala's post

I was curious how she got the husband to deliver the case
Author: bala    Time: 5-18-2011 02:44     Subject: Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

Simple he didn't know what he was delivering he thought there were document plans
Author: bala    Time: 5-25-2011 09:26     Subject: Reckoning

This was good season finale where Tony had no choice but to use this power and what great ending monologue about his abilities
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-28-2011 07:43     Subject: Reply 50#50 bala's post

I'm sure she didn't have to use her abilities to get Toby into bed but it probable helped and what a sacrifice she made to get justice for her family
Author: bala    Time: 5-28-2011 08:07     Subject: Reply 51#51 codebreaker's post

Look like you have nearly caught up with this week show .

Well she got everyone responsible for her parents death.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-28-2011 08:14     Subject: Reply 52#52 bala's post

It's a shame she had to die to get the guy who pulled the trigger
Author: bala    Time: 5-28-2011 08:17     Subject: Reply 53#53 codebreaker's post

Well what else was she living for ?
Author: kellemanske    Time: 5-29-2011 02:05     Subject: Reply 54#54 bala's post

I agree, she didn't want the gift she got because of the guy and the only thing she wanted to be alive for was to get the guys responsible.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-24-2012 04:36     Subject: The Listener Season 3 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 3 Premieres May 30,2012

Discuss Anything About Season 3 Here

Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-24-2012 04:37

Author: bala    Time: 5-24-2012 04:49     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Wow this series has come a long way from first season from Paramedic into Undercover cop talk about a series rewrite
Author: kellemanske    Time: 5-24-2012 11:04     Subject: Reply 3#3 bala's post

I have been looking forward to this. I'm happy it's here :p

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0