Board logo

Subject: Lie To Me Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 1-8-2009 12:02     Subject: Lie To Me Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Lie To Me Season 1-3 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-11-2015 11:32 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-8-2009 12:07     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

The first episode i downloaded today but not got round to watch it yet
Author: bala    Time: 1-8-2009 12:12     Subject: Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

Well i think this has promised but i keep thinking this is a rip-off the mentalist?
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-8-2009 15:30

another show I might give a watch
Author: bala    Time: 1-17-2009 10:59     Subject: really intresting (15 clips)

Author: bala    Time: 1-22-2009 02:06

i really liked the first episode
Author: rian_bean    Time: 2-5-2009 01:15

I'm loving this show so far. I adore Tim Roth! Now I want to learn how to be a human lie detector
Author: bala    Time: 2-22-2009 12:44

i'm now hooked on it as well
Author: bala    Time: 3-6-2009 11:59     Subject: Episode 5

good new episode i really liked it i believe he was changed man
Author: bala    Time: 3-19-2009 12:25

So he really is cheating on her and she knows it refuse bust him on it which i think amazing. a woman who knows  her guys cheating doesn't know kind suggest scared to be alone if only she knew her boss fancy her.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-2-2009 09:40     Subject: Episode 8 Depraved Heart

Another good episode it is nice to see some of Cal's family life but what does he have to tell Emily

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-9-2009 09:16 ]
Author: bala    Time: 4-2-2009 09:46     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

it was good episode suicide is odd episode test lies but it was interesting to see  -seem stero-typical using those girls as suicide.
Author: kwargalla    Time: 4-2-2009 15:24

I've been watching this since it started and I love!! and no it's not a rip off of the mentalist.  i would love to have the job and SKILL of being a human lie detector! what fun but also as we see it could also be very intrusive in your day to day life.  especially how they are showing it between  Lightman and Foster.  there's no way she doesn't have a clue what her husbands up to!!

regarding the character progression of Loker - i loved him at first espically with the no lieing thing but what he just did in episode 8 - i'm not sure i like where their taking his character.  he was so fresh now not so much.  hopefully they have a really good reason and let him go back to being who he was in episode 1

Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2009 06:33     Subject: life is priceless

Well another good episode, this time it's serious being trapped in building underground try figure the mystery of who is responsible.
Author: bala    Time: 4-23-2009 02:21     Subject: Episode 10

Well i knew she end up in his bed

it wouldn't been a tv show if she didn't.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-23-2009 02:50     Subject: Reply 15#15 bala's post

Great line from his ex Zoe when they were arguing she doesnt want somebody studying her eyebrows when she is standing in a thong
Author: bala    Time: 4-23-2009 03:00     Subject: Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

What great both of them were good with each other

You could believe she was married to him.
Author: bala    Time: 5-7-2009 08:35     Subject: Episode 12

Wow this has got to be the best episode of the season
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-14-2009 10:00     Subject: Episode 13 Sacrifice

Wow that kid was lucky his bus pass had expired
Author: bala    Time: 5-14-2009 10:03     Subject: Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

you forgot send me the link
Author: codebreaker    Time: 5-14-2009 10:10     Subject: Reply 20#20 bala's post

Sorry i will find it and send it to you with The Listener
Author: bala    Time: 5-14-2009 10:11     Subject: Reply 21#21 codebreaker's post

Thanks in advance

[ Last edited by bala at 5-14-2009 18:15 ]
Author: bala    Time: 5-14-2009 11:38

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 5-14-2009 18:00  
Wow that kid was lucky his bus pass had expired
yes it was but the episode was more scary than that look how the bomb were disguised as we all see them on the streets i never look them same again-it really give people idea on create the perfect bomb -it killed a lot people but it was ingenious design.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 5-14-2009 18:31

Not reading this thread yet but so far I am on the Rapist who pretended to be a doctor and blinded then raped.
Wow, I don't think any single girl would of been ok. A young good looking Dr. asking you for coffee.
Author: bala    Time: 5-14-2009 22:07     Subject: Reply 24#24 gabsimom's post

That was last week episode
Author: bala    Time: 8-12-2009 02:01

Well this is great show

i can't wait for season 2
Author: tycoonworld    Time: 8-12-2009 05:01     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

I totally agree!! Just watched the first episode and it got to me already!  What a fascinating prospective  
Author: kellemanske    Time: 8-12-2009 13:24

we had the show too, I already saw all the epi's but i like the show and I'm hoping on a next season that's even better
Author: spratt89    Time: 8-28-2009 07:52     Subject: Lie To Me Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Season 2 Premiered September 28, 2010

Discuss Anything About Season 2 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 9-4-2010 17:01 ]
Author: bala    Time: 9-29-2009 05:03     Subject: Reply 1#1 spratt89's post

A very good season opener with a multiple personality and that was good episode that actress did a fantastic job.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-29-2009 09:16     Subject: Reply 2#2 bala's post

Great episode i liked the multiple personalities disorder but i thought Carl went over the top to get RJ out but a nice sting operation to catch the killer
Author: bala    Time: 9-29-2009 09:19     Subject: Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Well that was only way he could that particular Alter out he did he was sorry before doing it.
Author: kellemanske    Time: 10-6-2009 08:54

good episode. I understand why Gillian crossed the border but it still doesn't excuse what she did. I'm sure this will come back later.
The father not accepting that his girl was responsible, was predictable but I didn't suspect him going after the prosecutor.
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2009 09:04     Subject: Reply 5#5 kellemanske's post

Well that the problem father they never see the daughters as the problem . i felt sorry for guy that he target by these high school girls.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2009 09:53     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

What started as a high school packed end up with one dead and Susan father in prison but Cal going through his daughters things was wrong but turned out OK
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2009 10:02     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

your a parent how would you feel if you found your 16 year old daughter with birth control ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2009 10:13     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

Relieved that she had the sense to protect herself and that is better than a unwanted pregnancy but i would never go through my daughters things
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2009 10:16     Subject: Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

your telling me you never gone your sons room when they were younger ?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-7-2009 10:24     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

Yes but only to tidy up or make the bed and put cloths away but they were not daft enough to leave anything incriminating in plain sight so i never found contraceptive or men's magazines
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2009 10:27     Subject: Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

well i like the fact there involve his family this season when the first season started there seem to concentrate more his job rather than family i don't think it's going change and it provide different dimension to the character . i hoping for him and gillian to hook up
Author: bala    Time: 10-13-2009 06:51     Subject: truth or consequence

Well Cal Lightman goes Mexico to relax end up investigate a missing women and it does seem using tories as bait was a risky move  and gillian working cal rival but cal spying on the building was funny.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-13-2009 07:22     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

It looks like the episode names are wrong
http://www.tvrage.com/Lie_to_Me/episode_list/
Author: bala    Time: 10-13-2009 07:26     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

what else is new i mean as long as episode loads i don't have a problem
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-13-2009 09:17     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

Good episode Emily turns off her dads laptop but was so willing for her her dad to help look for the missing woman and Lightman handing his card to Eli and repeating what Jack said earlier was funny
Author: bala    Time: 10-20-2009 05:25     Subject: 2x04

Great hostage situation and Cal handled the situation quite well and the ending finally gives some hope between those two character hooking up. i kind of wish she makes move Cal since he's not going make a move on her.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-22-2009 10:47     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

Cal was lucky the guy was about to loose it and he deserved to get shoot
Author: bala    Time: 10-27-2009 11:22     Subject: Grievous Bodily Harm

Cal really play his card close to his chest and i love team trying intervention and how comes high school headmaster didn't know that one of his teachers werre tormenting one of his students .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-31-2009 11:48     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

Cal don't need friends like that but that was a good bust and the coach was a nasty piece of work with no regrets
Author: bala    Time: 11-10-2009 08:06     Subject: Lack of Candor

That's one thing i like about Cal he really cares for his employee and try to find the truth about FBI guy was a good episode we found a little bit about his background
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-13-2009 03:29     Subject: Reply 21#21 bala's post

Good episode the first witness getting shot because of his cellphone but it was nice to find out a little about his background
Author: bala    Time: 11-17-2009 07:06     Subject: Episode 7

Good episode a boy want to finding his real parents but when Cal find him but he turn out disabled man and he was disappointed.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-18-2009 14:34     Subject: Reply 23#23 bala's post

It didn't take Cal long to find out that the first couples baby drowned but the husband didn't know but Owen / Max's finding out the circumstance to his abduction must be hard
Author: bala    Time: 11-18-2009 23:08     Subject: Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

yes no-one ever think consequences on revenge on a human being .
Author: bala    Time: 11-24-2009 10:32     Subject: Black Friday

Great episode close call for Cal
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-30-2009 13:00     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

It was a great episode it's nice to see that they eventually told his family the truth
Author: bala    Time: 12-1-2009 07:49     Subject: Fold Equity

Well this ok episode i mean the guy was hiding out
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-5-2009 05:35     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

Did Cal eventually win with double zero considering all the other times he would of lost
Author: bala    Time: 12-5-2009 06:07     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

i don't think so
Author: bala    Time: 12-15-2009 04:23     Subject: Tractor Man

Well i thought this song was nice touch with everything that was going on during the episode.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-15-2009 08:44     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

Great episode that was a quick response when Lightman gave the signal and the kid's song was good
Author: bala    Time: 12-15-2009 08:48     Subject: Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post

the guy had the trigger cal had no choice
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-15-2009 08:55     Subject: Reply 33#33 bala's post

I was expecting someone to grab him not the kill shot in the crowded street what was to stop the bullet going through his head and hit someone behind him
Author: bala    Time: 12-15-2009 09:00     Subject: Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

Well remember Cal said he give him signal and he did -there couldn't risk  it but your right it could of but it didn't
Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2010 09:52

Episode 1: Pilot

Brilliant episode, as expected the acting is fantastic. All the characters are interesting despite the fact that we really do not know that much about them yet, And of course the ending song 'Easier to Lie' fitted the show down to the ground. I love the premise of this show and I love the way that Dr. Lightman can tell if somebody is lying to him. The case was actually enjoyable and I found myself wanting to know who killed the teacher; overall this show has loads of potential, only downside it is like too many other shows.  

Episode 2: Moral Waiver

This was a brilliant episode; this episode had a lot of tension, especially over the allegations by a soldier of rape by her commanding officer. Of course, Cal cleverly worked out what was really going on. Ria Torres is quite an intense character but I am sure we will learn more about her as the series progresses. The main case in this episode was a good choice and the little side case with Gillian investigating a basketball player over bribes was good to see, overall this episode worked out very well even though the case was a touchy subject.  

Episode 3: A Perfect Score

This was a great episode with quite allot of plot twists, I really like how Cal had to do with a more personal issue in this episode and that personal issue would be his daughter, the case in this episode was actually quite good, to start with a thought it was going to be boring but by the end I found it to be a brilliant case, the other case in this episode was by far the better episode as the case was great from start to finish, the twist in the case Gillian worked on was great as it was the wife dosing his husband with the anti depressant drug.

Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2010 09:53

Episode 4: Love Always

I found this episode to be down from the previous three brilliant episodes, I loved it when they discussed how every culture has different mannerisms and gestures which made it much harder to tell if they are lying or not, I found that part very interesting, I found Gillian and Ria to be quite poor in this episode as nothing they did made an impression, the case in this episode I think they slightly over did it at certain points which caused this episode to be down from the previous episodes, Cal as usual was the best character in this episode.

Episode 5: Unchained

This was a brilliant episode, the start of this episode was really good, the gang case Cal and Ria worked on was my favourite one but the fire fighter case Gillian and Eli worked on gave it a run for its money. I like how Cal and Gillian help each other on their cases,  the main thing I liked about the Gillian and Eli case was how they got to the truth about what happened to Eric, Ria needs to get over her problems, I was surprised to see that Manny really did change, the last few minutes were brilliant.

Episode 6: Do No Harm

This episode was slightly better than the last episode, the case that Cal and Gillian had was brilliant and I think that Cal and Gillian work very well together as a team, I liked how we learnt something about Gillian's past, the solving and ending of the Cal and Gillian case was shocking and brilliant, Ria and Eli had a good case but I found the case to be boring, Ria and Eli make a strange team. Eli was too attached to this case but ended up learning the truth, Eli did the right thing in the end, the ending was beautiful and touching.

Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2010 09:54

Episode 7: The Best Policy

This was a very good episode, Ria is growing more into her role and put on another great performance in this episode, the case about American Hostages was the better case in this episode and it had one hell of a twist while the other case involving one of Cal's college friends Dr. Jeffrey Buchanan was a nice thing and also had some nice twists and turns to, I think Gillian is figuring out that something is up with her husband, the interaction between Cal and Ria and Cal and Gillian was very good and quite interesting to watch, I thought Peters and Jeffrey were a pair of asses. Gillian did a good job of getting both American Hostages back, the ending with Cal was great

Episode 8: Depraved Heart   

This was a great episode and better than the last one, in this episode we got a huge bit of character development with Cal as we learnt his mother committed suicide, I found this to be one of best cases so far this season and that was down to the excellent job Cal did and the twists in the case, Eli gaining a attitude in this episode was brilliant, Ria is getting on my nerves quite allot of late as she tries to dig into her colleagues personal lives, the case Gillian and Eli worked on was a great second case for this exciting and non stop action episode.

Episode 9: Life Is Priceless

This was a great episode and my new favourite episode so far this season, I enjoyed seeing Torres and Loker work a case together, I loved how Cal and Gillian worked together at a building collapse to help save 3 workers who were trapped, the Cal and Gillian case had a ton of interesting twists while Torres and Loker gave their billionaire client Jason some good advice about his girlfriend Nadia, I was glad that the 2 workers were rescued in the Cal and Foster case but Blunt dying a hero was a nice touch and I would never of thought Meredith was responsible.

Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2010 09:55

Episode 10: Better Half

This was another great episode, I absolutely loved watching the interaction between Cal and Zoey in this episode, the arson case itself was very good and had some good little twists, I liked how the case turned out to be revenge from the television reporters wife, we did not see that much of Loker in this episode which I found strange, the second case in this episode about the murdered rapper was also good and the person who turned out to be the killer was not a shock, was good to see Emily again in this episode, the ending scene was great as Cal and Zoey slept together.

Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2010 09:55

Episode 11: Undercover

This in my opinion was a great episode, I was sure Foster's husband was having a affair but to learn he is a junkie was a complete surprise, Torres lying for Loker was good,and it was great that the Loker lie got sorted but making him a intern again was harsh, the ending with Cal and Foster was my favourite part as it was revealing about their relationship and how they approach there jobs, the case in this episode involving 2 cops and a shooting took a major twist when Erin turns out to be uncover FBI agent, the cases took many twists, the ending of the cases was surprising.

Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2010 09:57

Episode 12: Blinded

This episode was a great episode, I loved the start of this episode with Cal in prison trying to get some answers out of Andrew who not only figured out Cal was lying but led Cal, Foster and the cops to the next kidnap victim, Cal was very touchy but I did enjoy the game of cat and mouse Cal and Andrew played, I like how they kept picking up suspects and they all turned out not to be the copycat, Foster almost being kidnapped was good, I don't like Torres any more, Cal getting the name he wanted by tricking everyone was great, I was shocked that Paul was the copycat and was glad they saved the missing woman, was glad Karl got a job working for Lightman Group.

Author: spratt89    Time: 1-28-2010 09:57

Episode 13: Sacrifice

This was a cracking episode and my new personal favourite, this episode has a explosive start which I liked, the whole suicide bomber case in this episode was perfect and was sort of like a race against time before more attacks takes place, Torres having her confidence shaken was good for this episode and I for one think Torres needs to get over herself and stop blaming Cal for everything, Ben is fitting into his new role very well in my opinion, I did like the small side stories involving Foster,  Emily and Zoe. Ben and Loker worked well together, the last 8 minutes were the best.

Author: kwargalla    Time: 3-8-2010 12:29

Hey has anyone read or heard when they will be back in the line up?  i haven't been able to find when their going start airing the rest of the season's episodes.
Author: bala    Time: 3-8-2010 12:38     Subject: Reply 36#36 kwargalla's post

Well at moment season 3 suppose start in April but no date has been revealed
Author: kwargalla    Time: 3-8-2010 13:17

i hadn't relized that season 2 had ended.  They left off on episode 10.  and TV.com has 16 episodes listed.  that's why i'm feeling confused about the season
Author: bala    Time: 3-8-2010 22:57     Subject: Reply 38#38 kwargalla's post

Those 6 episode were meant be in season 2 but i just assume the season has finish with such huge gap but there are few people out there that says it's on break  that season 2 will return in spring. I am also confused.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-9-2010 07:18 ]
Author: kwargalla    Time: 3-31-2010 14:11

Just read we'll have to wait till 6/7/2010  for the next episode to air.  It would have been nice if they had let us know why the big break in the middle of the season.  It worries me that they might have lost viewers by doing this!!
Author: bala    Time: 6-8-2010 01:31     Subject: Reply 40#40 kwargalla's post

Well it was good episode and what a chance that the lecture Cal attended happened to be a  young serial killer,  he would a lot smarter to keep his head down instead trying prove Cal wrong and i love ending him asking get $100 back from the bet
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-11-2010 16:10     Subject: Reply 41#41 bala's post

Wow the young serial killer was to arrogant for his own good but Cal picked up on his relationship with his teacher
Author: bala    Time: 6-11-2010 21:42     Subject: Reply 42#42 codebreaker's post

He's a very good actor and hence why he was convincing as serial killer
Author: bala    Time: 6-15-2010 04:22     Subject: Sweet Sixteen

Another great episode and we learnt how Cal met Gillian
Author: kellemanske    Time: 6-15-2010 13:02     Subject: Reply 44#44 bala's post

it really gave some inside into the show, like why Cal does things,...
I also like it that the suspected terrorist ended up not shooting the guy.
That just gave it something extra.
Also the fact that Cal kept his promise and forgave Gillian at the end of the episode...
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-18-2010 02:44     Subject: Reply 44#44 bala's post

Great episode it was nice to see Lightman and Foster revisiting a series of events from their past and Jimmy Doyle not killing the guy responsible for his wife and daughters death shows great restraint
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-22-2010 04:56     Subject: 2x13 The Whole Truth

Good episode with Melissa George but Lightman switching side and annoying the judge was funny
Author: bala    Time: 6-22-2010 11:23     Subject: Reply 47#47 codebreaker's post

Melissa George is a great actress and she really know how to play these type character quite well but i glad she was innocent and best friend really shouldn't let get that far ahead .
Author: kwargalla    Time: 6-22-2010 14:49

All i got to say is i laughed so hard at this episode.  at everyone!! great light way to deal with a heavy subjects.  but the end was kinda predictable.  but oh well still made me laugh!!!
Author: carlorica    Time: 6-24-2010 08:44     Subject: Reply 49#49 kwargalla's post

I have to agree it made me laugh also. Lightman and the Judge was the best.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 6-29-2010 02:51     Subject: 2x14 React to Contact

Emily buying her father the cactus and saying it reminder her of him, i thought was hilarious but the covering up of a friendly fire accident with an air strike was tragic
Author: kellemanske    Time: 6-29-2010 05:58     Subject: Reply 51#51 codebreaker's post

I think this was a good episode. The misuse of power and lightman talking about his father...
Author: carlorica    Time: 6-29-2010 07:52     Subject: Reply 51#51 codebreaker's post

Yeah it was good. I like the fact that Lightman had the scan done on himself and he has strong emotions for his partner in the firm. As his daughter said, "Wow fourth of July!".
Author: kellemanske    Time: 6-29-2010 09:28

does anyone know if the epi about torres' halfsister Ava is going to be the next epi? Cause I have found a couple of sites where the info said that would be the episode of this week and it's not...
Author: bala    Time: 6-29-2010 12:35     Subject: Reply 53#53 carlorica's post

I was worried why he was taking a scan i thought he might been sick but it was a choice.
Author: carlorica    Time: 7-5-2010 08:12     Subject: Reply 55#55 bala's post

Yeah I though the same thing. But is was cool the results he got.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-13-2010 04:45     Subject: 2x15 Teacher and Pupils

Another great episode with Melissa George and with the cops nicking Emily to intimidate Cal was a bad move but when Cal punched the cop i thought it was great
Author: carlorica    Time: 7-13-2010 07:20

Yeah that was the best in the whole thing.

Now they will have another women controlling what happens to the company and I think that Cal is liking the thoughts of it. Turning into and interesting season.
Author: bala    Time: 7-13-2010 12:20     Subject: Reply 57#57 codebreaker's post

Yes he knew how play it so she would invest in his company but  Cal reading cop when he couldn't move was great .

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0