Board logo

Subject: Caprica Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 7-22-2008 08:37     Subject: Caprica Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica may have a full series commissioned before its pilot is screened.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sci Fi Channel programming boss Mark Stern stated during a press tour: "We’re not sure if it’s going to air as a backdoor pilot. We’re going to take a look at it and maybe just order it as a series from there. We are going to take delivery on it in a couple of weeks and then decide whether to air it as a standalone movie or as the premiere of a new series."

The two-hour Caprica pilot, set half a century before the events of Battlestar Galactica, is currently slated to air in late 2008. However, if Sci Fi Channel decides to order a full series before airing the pilot then the date is likely to be pushed back into 2009 to follow the final episodes of its parent show.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-14-2010 08:54 ]
Author: bala    Time: 7-22-2008 10:59     Subject: The trailer

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-21-2009 18:49

I saw an advertisement on the Space channel during the finale of BSG and Caprica is going directly to DVD & download - I believe on April 21st (or around then).  Looks good.  I'm hoping if it goes well, it will get picked up as a series.

I edited the date, because I'm pretty sure the one now listed is the release date.
Author: bala    Time: 4-14-2009 10:51     Subject: Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

thanks codebreaker this was leaked last night

havn't got time to watch it
Author: codebreaker    Time: 4-14-2009 11:00     Subject: Reply 4#4 bala's post

Great pilot but such a long wait for the series at bit like when they released the movie length pilot of Knight Rider
Author: spratt89    Time: 4-14-2009 11:13

I hate when they do that
Author: bala    Time: 4-18-2009 06:41

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 4-14-2009 19:00  
Great pilot but such a long wait for the series at bit like when they released the movie length pilot of Knight Rider
well it slightly mess up not how i picture it but that technology is dangerous .
Author: bala    Time: 7-25-2009 00:44

Fans have been eagerly awaiting an air date for the series, a prequel set 50 years before Battlestar Galactica. Producers confirmed today that the show will debut on January 22, 2010

Source
Author: spratt89    Time: 8-18-2009 12:57

Exclusive: 'Caprica' snags James Marsters!

Caprica exec producer Jane Espenson is using her powers as a charter member of the Whedonverse for good. Sources confirm to me exclusively that Buffy all-star James Marsters is joining the Battlestar Galactica prequel for a sizable arc.

Marsters will play a dangerous terrorist leader by the name of Barnabus Greeley in a minimum of three episodes. Driven by desires both moralistic and carnal, Barnabus is as lethal as he is unpredictable.

And no ones does lethal and unpredictable better than Marsters.

Caprica is set to make its Syfy debut on Jan. 22.

Source
Author: bala    Time: 1-1-2010 07:32

Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-30-2010 05:27     Subject: 1x02 Rebirth

Interesting episode i like the way we see the two view's of Zoe and Amanda begins learning a whole life about her daughter she never knew
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-30-2010 15:31     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

I really enjoyed it.  I thought it set things up well for the Graystone/Adama dyamic, and it worked very well with the pilot episode.  Looking forward to next week's epi.
Author: slade01    Time: 1-30-2010 17:36

I have never watched Battlestar Galactica.  Will I enjoy this show or will I be lost on some of the storylines.  I believe this is set before BG but is it too connected to be a show by itself.  

Would you recommend watching BG before watching this show?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-30-2010 17:57     Subject: Reply 14#14 slade01's post

You definitely don't need to know all about BSG to understand this show...it can stand on it's own.  It would even give you a different & unique perspective compared to us diehard BSG fans, as you won't know what happens later, and you won't have any preconceived notions about any of the characters.  If you're interested in watching BSG, I recommend it, but do so at your leisure.  Hope that helps.   
Author: slade01    Time: 1-30-2010 18:50     Subject: Reply 15#15 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks, I might watch the first few episodes and if I enjoy it I might embark on the 4 series of BSG.
Author: bala    Time: 1-31-2010 00:43

I have to admit i like this series more battlestar.
Author: bala    Time: 1-31-2010 11:04

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 1-30-2010 13:27  
Interesting episode i like the way we see the two view's of Zoe and Amanda begins learning a whole life about her daughter she never knew
Yes but i thought it was a mistake her mother telling all those people at the Wake that her daughter was a terrorist . She really shouldn't of said anything.. I can't wait see consequence of that in next week episode.
Author: bala    Time: 2-6-2010 05:13     Subject: Caprica Season 1 Episode 3 - Reins of a Waterfall

Wow another great episode but how long can she keep it a secret but ending really is a clif-hanger.  we saw consequence of confession a lot people are angry but they angry at wrong person.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 2-6-2010 05:48     Subject: 1x03 The Reins of a Waterfall

After Joseph looses Tamara's avatar and then asking Sam to balance it out i assume killing Amanda should be interesting
Author: bala    Time: 2-6-2010 05:58     Subject: Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

it will be interesting to see if he tries killing her in the house zoe robot is there to protect her. . That would make for interesting episode if that happen. Also the warrant search the house is going create problem if they take robot.. Each episode get better and better.
Author: bala    Time: 2-20-2010 00:27     Subject: 1x04

Another Great episode she saved him in the interview but find out he made avatar of their daughter but took credit for it when it was his daughter who created the avatar . Teaching the robot to dance was odd.
Author: bala    Time: 2-27-2010 04:29     Subject: 1x05

Wow i really liked this episode so it look like Tamara's avatar is fully integrated in The VR world, this was what Zoe was trying achieve and i can't wait to see how powerful she will become since she can't be killed.  

I am really surprised that i am only one watching this as it has BSG following.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-27-2010 06:01     Subject: Reply 23#23 bala's post

You're not the only one watching.  I've been watching (and I know Tina has too).  I've just not been well enough to do much posting lately.

Last night's epi was great.  I REALLY liked that we got to see more of Tamara and how she's learning to master the power she has in the V-world.  

When Daniel told the Zoe Cylon to rip it's arm off, I half expected to see her there with a bloody stump since they were going back & forth between us seeing her and the Cylon.

Author: bala    Time: 2-27-2010 06:12     Subject: Reply 24#24 waterlilybarb's post

Good to know thank you posting your thoughts barbs I'm sorry your not feeling well   

codebreaker will be absent for sometime-he's experience computer problems . so i don't have anyone to discuss this show- i really hoping this get added soon on this site so that our members can join in .
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-27-2010 07:10     Subject: Reply 25#25 bala's post

This week it's the flu.

I hope we get it too because my promotion period price of the Space channel will be over soon, and I'd like to watch it here.

Author: bala    Time: 2-27-2010 07:30     Subject: Reply 26#26 waterlilybarb's post

how do you cope ? -it like this year has been bad for you   we still have 10 more months left
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-27-2010 09:21     Subject: Reply 27#27 bala's post

Today I'm seriously bummed out about being so sick.  Hopefully someone will stop by with some soup or something.  I'm out of homemade soup, and only have 1 tin left of store-bought chicken soup.  We had more snow yesterday and my car is buried under at least 6 inches of it, which is just too much to deal with while I feel this rotten.  I'm still trying to convince the cats they are capable of making me hot beverages - to no avail.   I'm hoping the rest of the year will be better.

Bummer about codebreaker's computer problems.

Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-2-2010 08:13     Subject: Reply 23#23 bala's post

I am still watching but i am having computer problems but great episode and can't wait for the next
Author: bala    Time: 3-2-2010 08:56     Subject: Reply 29#29 codebreaker's post

I know I can't wait for you be back on-line permanently
Author: bala    Time: 3-4-2010 10:54

Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 2-27-2010 15:10  
I hope we get it too because my promotion period price of the Space channel will be over soon, and I'd like to watch it here.
Just in time
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-5-2010 19:31     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

I JUST noticed we got it.  Happy girl here.
Author: bala    Time: 3-6-2010 13:15     Subject: Caprica 1x06

Well things are getting interesting i knew they would be some consequence of the thief but i can't wait to see how it all plays out. i am really surprised Grey's computer doesn't have any security feature that alerts him when files are being copy through unsecured connection?. You would think they would security warning since he has military contacts stored on his computer?.
Author: bala    Time: 3-13-2010 03:35     Subject: The Imperfections of Memory

I am not sure what to make of this episode, Not much has happen but the ending makes wonder if he has figured out she is in the machine or not. It really makes you want watch the next episode .
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-13-2010 12:48     Subject: Reply 34#34 bala's post

I think the last minute made it a good episode.  I think he knows it's her, but if she lets on (which I think she wants to so she'll get her father's love & recognition), she won't be able to get to Geminon (sp?) like she's planned.
Author: bala    Time: 3-14-2010 00:12     Subject: Reply 35#35 waterlilybarb's post

Well yeah i think your right but i am still trying to figure out why she wants to go there?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-14-2010 08:07     Subject: Reply 33#33 bala's post

I was surprised about the computer data theft and Zoe's avatar didn't spot the theft as-well
Author: bala    Time: 3-14-2010 08:20     Subject: Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

it's not like she integrated into the system she only uses system access the virtual world
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-14-2010 09:13     Subject: Reply 35#35 waterlilybarb's post

Yes the dog barking at the avatar and Zoe's avatar kicking the ball made this episode better
Author: bala    Time: 3-20-2010 02:15     Subject: Ghosts in the Machine

Wow this was a fantastic episode Dr.Greystone really determined make her tell him that she is daughter, at least he was smart not to give her a loaded gun but she really held up to be a robot.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-22-2010 15:16     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

Considering he thinks his daughter is in the robot he did some cruel thing to try and expose her
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-22-2010 19:55     Subject: Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

I know!  It was rather disturbing...even if it was a robot.  One would think the psychological effects it would have on her consciousness would have stopped him.
Author: bala    Time: 3-22-2010 22:55     Subject: Reply 42#42 waterlilybarb's post

This is the first episode that remind me of the BSG theme. Most of theme in BSG were similar to type of things characters did to each other  
Author: bala    Time: 3-26-2010 23:50     Subject: Caprica 1x09

This was another great episode a lot of things happen and i am just still a little excited how they ended the episode.  Was this the season finale?. Barnabus is going disappoint Clarence isn't dead all thanks to Mrs Greystone.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-27-2010 08:17 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 3-27-2010 06:15     Subject: Reply 44#44 bala's post

I think it was the mid-season finale.  Great episode though...even though I hate cliff-hangers.  So many questions now left to be answered.  I hope it comes back in the summer.  I'd hate to have to wait a whole year.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 3-28-2010 01:56     Subject: Reply 44#44 bala's post

Great way to end the first half of the season with all that drama in the last minute
Author: bala    Time: 4-13-2010 12:05     Subject: Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

Does anyone know when it will return ?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-5-2010 19:30     Subject: SEASON 1.5 - Episode UNVANQUISHED

It's BA-ACK!  YAY!  Can you tell I'm a happy little camper?  I don't know if it will be uploaded tomorrow, so I won't say much, except there were a lot of unexpected twists in this epi.  I'll be back to chat when everyone's had a chance to see it.

Giddy is a schoolgirl...kinda like when Heroes 2nd half of it's first season returned.  I'm not caught up on SGU yet, so Caprica is my current sci-fi fix of a currently running show.  I've been getting my fix with older series' I haven't seen yet, or my old standbys, that I can watch over & over.

Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2010 04:15     Subject: Reply 48#48 waterlilybarb's post

Well yes there were some unexpected revelation like greystone making deal with Torrin. Lacey is become a dedicated member.Clarice becoming leader of the group will be interesting even she was going get killed .
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-6-2010 09:21     Subject: Reply 49#49 bala's post

I was also surprised that Amanda Graystone wasn't dead.  I thought Daniel was just leaving messages to an old machine, and possibly hoping to make an avatar of her in the future.  His deal with the Tauron's was also a surprise.  I was delighted to see Meg Tilly as "Mother".  Very good opening to the 2nd half of the season.
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2010 09:30     Subject: Reply 50#50 waterlilybarb's post

Really i wasn't because in pervious episode they both outside of car when it blew up.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-6-2010 10:00     Subject: Reply 51#51 bala's post

Yes, but the way they set up this episode, and when he said he lost his wife, I thought she must have died.  I certainly didn't expect to see her at Clarice's cottage at the end of the episode, but was very pleased they didn't kill her off.
Author: bala    Time: 10-6-2010 10:03     Subject: Reply 52#52 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah i get what your saying but i really wanted to see what happen to robot and was disappointed to see it was in pieces .

Yes i know it was stored but how did she get into new cap city VR?.
Author: sanggye    Time: 10-9-2010 08:17     Subject: Reply 53#53 bala's post

I agree Bala, to go from the vehicle to the VR is a little strange, unless she uploaded a copy of herself before the escape.  Didn't surprise me about Greystone going to the Mob or was I surprised with his wife surviving, though personally I wish she had, never cared much for her.  Her and Clarice do make a screwed up couple though, they are kinda made for each other.
Author: bala    Time: 10-9-2010 10:16     Subject: Reply 54#54 sanggye's post

maybe they will explain in flashbacks?
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-11-2010 00:41     Subject: 1x10 Unvanquished

Nice episode i thought i was obvious the the girl with the pink backpack was giving her mother a final goodbye hug before she went in to the stadium and i was also surprised to see Amanda
Author: bala    Time: 10-13-2010 09:24     Subject: Retribution

This was another great episode Lacy hesitating to set off the bomb show she hasn't fully become a territory but i have to say Clarice payback for Barnby was fantastic and i am glad she didn't kill Lacy but she shouldn't off killed the other two but i understand her decision.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-13-2010 13:04     Subject: Reply 57#57 bala's post

I also lked how this epi gave us some backstory as to how Amanda survived, since she apparently DID try to kill herself.  I also like how she's stariting to piece togther the puzzle & see that Clarice isn't the great friend she's made herself out to be.  It looks as if Amanda IS going to spy on her for that cop.

Daniel, it seems, is just getting more ruthless in his quest to regain control of his company.  He's definitely lost any moral center he had.  It seems he still does have some feelings of remorse over what he's doing to get the votes he needs, but not enough to make him stop.

As for Barnabas, he was a problem, but I doubt we've seen the end of him.  I hope we haven't, as I like the conflict his character brings, and I think James Marsters plays it well.

Author: bala    Time: 10-13-2010 22:03     Subject: Reply 58#58 waterlilybarb's post

James Marsters really is an excellent actor
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-18-2010 12:59     Subject: Reply 57#57 bala's post

I can see Amanda shooting Clarice in the near future or at least be the confidential informer
Author: bala    Time: 10-18-2010 22:46     Subject: Reply 60#60 codebreaker's post

i don't think it would make for good show if he killed her we need Clarice as character just look at how she handled Barnabas strapped a bomb to him was great payback plus she did it in person. I hope she become a  confidential informer
Author: bala    Time: 10-20-2010 06:27     Subject: Things We Lock Away

Well it was another interesting episode so Zoe found T but T wanted revenge but now they on same team i can't wait and see what they do as a team.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 10-26-2010 06:34     Subject: Reply 62#62 bala's post

That was a nice cleanup job Joseph organised for Daniel after the death of Tomas, it should be interesting now Tamara and Zoe have settled their differences
Author: bala    Time: 10-27-2010 03:23     Subject: False Labor

Wouldn't it be great to have a copy of your wife who will never leave you .
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-1-2010 21:51     Subject: Reply 64#64 bala's post

Daniel attempting to perfect a digital copy of Amanda is starting to look a bit creepy especially what she's doing for him
Author: bala    Time: 11-1-2010 23:21     Subject: Reply 65#65 codebreaker's post

Well yes but i got a bit confused few times when they were having a conversation
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-2-2010 02:21     Subject: Reply 66#66 bala's post

I caught on right away because she could walk without crutches when she was with Daniel.  I agree that it's rather creepy - but Daniel IS a rather creepy character and has always played a bit fast and loose with anything resembling ethics.
Author: bala    Time: 11-2-2010 02:28     Subject: Reply 67#67 waterlilybarb's post

Your certainly more observant when i watch tv show focus actor face since there close between them
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-2-2010 03:08     Subject: Reply 68#68 bala's post

Sometimes.  In this case it really stuck out to me, especially when I saw her in those high heels (I was admiring those shoes), and knew there was NO way she could walk in those with her injury.
Author: bala    Time: 11-2-2010 03:14     Subject: Reply 69#69 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks that make me feel so much better men don't notice women shoes-we more focused on women faces
Author: bala    Time: 11-13-2010 00:18     Subject: Blowback

SPOILERS - Sci-fi has postponed the remaining episodes until next year but Space(Canada) channel will air remaining episodes.

Well i knew it was test.i really thought Amanda was going to be killed but she wasn't.
Author: bala    Time: 11-13-2010 01:02     Subject: Dirteaters

Nice nick-names avenging angels   

Greystone investigating Turon and find out he's only CEO that still alive but i liked how tried to deal with Yosof  . We find out a little bit about history admara boys of what happens to their parents.

The redesign new cap city was impressive i didn't know they could do that..
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-14-2010 09:29     Subject: Reply 71#71 bala's post

That was one hell of a sacrifice by killing the mother so Amanda could stay undercover and that was some training exercise when they thought  their ship was hijacked
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-14-2010 09:33     Subject: Reply 72#72 bala's post

Avenging angels is a great nickname but what happened to Joseph and Sam's parents because of  the gun under the mattress was tragic
Author: codebreaker    Time: 11-17-2010 12:03     Subject: 1x16 The Heavens Will Rise

Wow Lacy taking control of the robot was impressive and killing the mother so Amanda could stay undercover seems a waste of time now Clarice knows she is in danger but who has the missing holoband and why didn't they kill Amanda
Author: bala    Time: 11-18-2010 05:49     Subject: Reply 75#75 codebreaker's post

Well I had feeling Zoe must put a over-riding program in all robot to obey Lacey when she was inside UA Robots. It does seem like a waste of time but when it happen it wasn't.
Author: bala    Time: 11-28-2010 03:44     Subject: Here Be Dragons

Well great episode the break in was rather impressive but Zoe getting robot to save her parents was GREAT, i didn't even know it was functional. .
Author: bala    Time: 12-2-2010 10:33     Subject: Episode 18

What a great series finale . can't discuss since episode hasn't been added but i happy with way they ended i surprised how there were able fastforward so quickly at the end which so many surprise i can't ruin it for those who haven't seen it but we will have a lot to discuss once the episode get added.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-3-2010 04:53     Subject: Reply 77#77 bala's post

The Graystone's were lucky that their home security protected them while they were in V world and while they were there Amanda was impressive but Clarice and her men was determined to break in to their strong room
Author: codebreaker    Time: 12-3-2010 10:55     Subject: Reply 78#78 bala's post

Without saying too much but i loved what happened at the arena
Author: bala    Time: 12-3-2010 10:58     Subject: Reply 80#80 codebreaker's post

Yes that was rather impressive but i liked how that helped him save his company
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-3-2010 18:47     Subject: Reply 78#78 bala's post

I was satisfied with the end, but not thrilled.  I wish there were more episodes so they could have told the story more thoroughly.  I wasn't crazy about how they ended things with the Adama family (with regards to the Halatha), though I DID like that one part, which wasn't a surprise, but was done well.

I liked what happened at the arena too.

Author: bala    Time: 12-4-2010 00:23     Subject: Reply 82#82 waterlilybarb's post

i suppose but i like how they gave it ok ending but Clerance face when she went Gemmon and saw who her mother Superior was priceless.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-4-2010 12:29     Subject: Reply 83#83 bala's post

Agreed.
Author: careygold    Time: 1-6-2011 03:43

Caprica is sci-fi Tv show. The show has been appropriately named as “television’s first science fiction family saga” The Caprica world is in pretty bad shape as teenagers escape from reality and seek comfort in the virtual world, which thrives on human sacrifices and orgies. It is in this world that Zoe Graystone perishes and acquires a virtual identity. Fans find Caprica irresistible as it depicts a world at the brink of a civil war. Contrary to the present secular world, Caprica is torn between beliefs of polytheists and monotheists.At present people are craving to watch Caprica episodes which boldly and shockingly examine religion and death.

Links to other sites are not permitted.  I have removed the link from this post.  Posting any more will result in a ban to post. ~ waterlilybarb (Super Moderator)

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 1-6-2011 16:56 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 1-6-2011 03:47     Subject: Reply 85#85 careygold's post

Why put a link up for another site when the show is available here and risk yourself being banned for breaking forum rules
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-6-2011 13:58     Subject: Reply 86#86 codebreaker's post

Thanks codebreaker.  I just happened to be skimming the forum posts.  I have removed that link.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0