Board logo

Subject: Lipstick Jungle Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: bala    Time: 6-28-2008 04:15     Subject: Lipstick Jungle Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Please can discuss this show on here temporary until a forum has been created.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-12-2015 22:49 ]
Author: alexgirl    Time: 6-28-2008 09:42

I am watching it now and it is fun! I enjoyes Sex and the City (btw I can´t thank you guys enough for uploading it next!) so it was a no-brainer. Funny enough between Lipstick Jungle and Cashmere Mafia, I started watching the former first but then LJ was the one that got picked up for a new season.

A girl comment: Kirby shirtless? Doens´t get old!!
Author: bala    Time: 6-28-2008 11:05     Subject: Reply 2#2 alexgirl's post

i hate her for getting involved with him
Author: alexgirl    Time: 6-28-2008 11:49

I can understand where you are coming from.. but the guy is hot!   Other then that, I honestly think that her husband is cheating on her! He´s behaviour is too suspicious!!
Author: bala    Time: 6-28-2008 11:53     Subject: Reply 4#4 alexgirl's post

yeah but still nico learnt her lesson in season-finale didn't she?

can't believe i watch whole lot this afternoon.

Victory Ford -i love her i knew guy bought her company

PS: I hate this show
Author: alexgirl    Time: 6-28-2008 12:33

I think we will find out more in september! I just finished watching it all as well
Shouldnt it maybe say spoiler on the title of the thread?
Author: bala    Time: 6-28-2008 23:10     Subject: Reply 6#6 alexgirl's post

yeah but i didn't give any thing major away

i hate this show but i still watched 7 episodes

damn victory ford for being so cute
Author: alexgirl    Time: 6-29-2008 01:09

It´s very girly, so I don´t blame you
It´s not the show I am looking forward the most (for new episodes), but it´s very entertaining and I will definetly keep on watching. And Victory is really cute!! Totally agree
Author: bala    Time: 6-29-2008 01:14     Subject: Reply 8#8 alexgirl's post

i won't be watch SATC
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 6-30-2008 01:21

I like this one! I am a SATC fan anyway so I was very curious abuot this show and I am so excited to get this AND SATC in the next update too!!!!! This totally made my summer...........................
Author: alexgirl    Time: 6-30-2008 02:02

And the soundtrack of Lipstick Jungle is also really good!! I´ve downloaded a few songs from the show that I didn´t know before!
Author: J708    Time: 6-30-2008 02:36     Subject: Reply 11#11 alexgirl's post

hey alexgirl, i have never watched SATC, so i dunno what to expect, what am i in for?
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 6-30-2008 04:22     Subject: Reply 11#11 alexgirl's post

I agree, they have great music. Some of it is already on my ipod but I might have to check out the rest.......
Author: bala    Time: 6-30-2008 07:24

Quote:
Originally posted by J708 at 6-30-2008 10:36  
hey alexgirl, i have never watched SATC, so i dunno what to expect, what am i in for?
Females in charge need i say more
Author: alexgirl    Time: 6-30-2008 12:51     Subject: Reply 12#12 J708's post

If you´ve heard or read anything about SATC, it is definetely a lighter version of it. Not as much sex or about it as the original. The show is mainly about women with powerfull careers (like Bala said) trying to jugle a bit of family, new relationships and old ones. It´s fun but it´s not spicy, not even the dialog. So it´s just nice plain simple entertainment. Hope I could help
Author: minnieholly    Time: 6-30-2008 15:32

So I watched the first seaosn of it, and the show isn't that bad,  Nikko gets on my nerves a bit but I guess she is trying to find herself it seems like she never got to before.

I think Victory and her assisstant will end up together, but I guess they work that in the next seasons.

When does Season 2 come, is this a new show that never picked up, or is it still running.
Author: alexgirl    Time: 7-1-2008 02:49     Subject: Reply 16#16 minnieholly's post

It got picked up for a second season that wll start on september 24th.
Author: peasonice    Time: 7-5-2008 13:55     Subject: Lipstick Jungle

Bizarrely, while I think so many elements of this show are super weak I'm sure I'll carry on watching it.....I finished Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy and any of the other rom-com-drama shows I'm interested in so I gotta get my 'romance' and 'girly show' kicks where I can hehe. Sometimes you finish work and you just want to unwind by watching romantic comedy!! The women wear SO much make-up in this!! I think I saw one shot of Brooke Shields in bed with less make-up on and she looked way better! Also Kim Raver (Nico) had some scenes where she'd obviously been crying a lot so her make-up wasn't as heavy and she looked beautiful too.....When the make-up on actresses such as Brooke Shields or Courtenay Cox in Dirt is caked on and their faces sculpted I just end up staring at their make-up.....well, that said I found the make-up and lighting on Courtnay Cox in Dirt so precise/bizarre that it kinda kept me hypnotised until I began to get into the show for real so......

Anyone else watching this?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-5-2008 16:38     Subject: Reply 18#18 peasonice's post

I merged your post into this thread as it was talking about the show.  I'm sure others who watch will have comments for you.
Author: shinny    Time: 7-5-2008 16:57     Subject: Reply 18#18 peasonice's post (spoilers in my post)

I totally agree with you. In fact, I said the exact same thing when I saw Brooke Shields and I thought she looked so much better. I think she kinda looks a bit drag like with all that slap on her face.

I quite like this show so I'll be sticking with it for the time being.

I totally get why Nico cheated on her husband and it's quite obvious that he is having an affair with the student. You can be sure that's what caused his heart attack !!!

I also think that the relationship with Kirby is serious. He clearly cares for her. Perhaps it's her marriage that's the bad relationship and this is the one she should be committing to. Time will tell !
Author: bala    Time: 7-6-2008 03:21     Subject: Reply 20#20 shinny's post

Yeah but she should talk to her husband not cheat on him , she's not only woman in this situation there millions on woman in same situation but not all of them cheat
Author: shinny    Time: 7-6-2008 06:14     Subject: Reply 21#21 bala's post

I agree, clearly they are not talking to each other. We only see that she is cheating so far, but I can be sure he is cheating too and as she said herself, maybe she knew that subconsciously and that's what made her stray.

They are as bad as each other !
Author: bala    Time: 7-6-2008 06:17     Subject: Reply 22#22 shinny's post

i completely agree they are as bad as each other but guys is worse having relation with student , he is risking his job so is she but to the same degree
Author: alexgirl    Time: 7-8-2008 14:23

Bala, I am sorry to tell you but I dont think you will like what is coming on the second season of lipstick jungle (just read it on E!)... since I dont want to spoil it in case someone doesnt want to read it, I will wait until the forum for the show is open...
Author: studiojek    Time: 7-9-2008 11:51

I don't think that this is the best tv show, it's pretty 'fluffy' as far as good writing goes, but I admit it intrigued me as a bit of light romantic comedy fun. That and Brooke Shields is actually a really good actress.

That comment about the makeup totally made me laugh because I know exactly what scene you're talking about! They are all sooooo made up all the time, that scene really hit me too! I am totally obsessed with their clothes too - especially Victory's!

About Nico and Charles and Kirby (I agree, Kirby without a shirt=really does NEVER get old!), I actually feel like I really want Nico and Kirby to be together. I think she should talk to Charles and tell him how she feels, but she's obviously not in love with him anymore, nor him with her.
Author: bala    Time: 8-26-2008 10:34     Subject: Lipstick Jungle Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

[ Last edited by bala at 9-26-2008 19:47 ] [ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-20-2011 00:16 ]
Author: studiojek    Time: 8-26-2008 11:19     Subject: Reply 1#1 bala's post

Thanks for posting these! I got into Lipstick Jungle a little this summer, getting caught up on some 'new' shows. I don't know if once the season starts I'll have time to watch, but if not I'll get caught up next summer! Ha!
Author: bala    Time: 8-26-2008 11:21     Subject: Reply 2#2 studiojek's post

same here i watch them 2 days back-to-back when they got added
Author: spratt89    Time: 8-30-2008 06:55

Las Vegas' Vanessa Marcil is rolling the dice on a recurring gig at Lipstick Jungle. She'll play Josie, a very attractive (duh!) up-and-coming music manager who promises Shane (Paul Blackthorne) a gig scoring music for a cool indie feature.

Found this on a website
Author: studiojek    Time: 8-30-2008 06:57     Subject: Reply 26#26 spratt89's post

Uh-oh, I'm sure that'll turn into a bit of a 'love interest' for Shane =(
Author: bala    Time: 8-30-2008 07:05     Subject: Reply 27#27 studiojek's post

at least it will be interesting
Author: minnieholly    Time: 9-18-2008 18:11

I see the promo posters around my neighbourhood when will it air on tv so it can be updated on the site.
Author: bala    Time: 9-20-2008 23:24     Subject: promos

Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2008 11:48     Subject: Episode 1

I have to say this was ok episode but ending was rather funny -but can someone help me why were woman laughing at funeral?. Was there reason that i missed ?.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-26-2008 11:57     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

I think the same reason as the taxi she was still sensitive down below That taxi ride was funny
Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2008 11:59     Subject: Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

What these woman do are truely crazy . i wasn't quite sure but thanks

i know there are fans for this show on here so i thought quiz for them
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-26-2008 12:08     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

I enjoyed this show but i thought Charles giving Nico a hard time for her affair was a bit much
Author: bala    Time: 9-26-2008 12:14     Subject: Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Still Nico find out all that stuff in one episode was a bit too much . the photos and other stuff and i'm surprised i like this show
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 9-27-2008 13:25

Ahh, I'm hooked. I watched the first 5 episodes this morning without stopping.

The clothes are...*drools*

I've heard of comparisons between this show and Sex and the City. But I've got to say that I like Lipstick Jungle better. I've watched the first 3 episodes of SATC and just couldn't get into it for some reason.

I LOVE Nico. Well, I like Victory and her style better, but all three of the girls are pretty awesome. So it's hard to pick. But while I'm not a fan of what Nico's doing with Kirby, I love how great a friend she is. The way she resolved the book thing ("Tsunami for Bad Mommy" ) for Wendy and how she told Reese (Victory's assistant that sold Victory's sketches to that other designer), "You're melting girl. Melting," followed with that classic Nico look...

Okay, back to watching.
Author: shinny    Time: 9-27-2008 16:22

I think this was a good start to Season 2. I'm glad Charles has gone in this first episode, I really didn't like him & my earlier suspicions were right ! Somehow though I think all of this is going to come back to bite her. His student girlfriend is pregnant with his child, that's going to cause some complications in the future, you can be sure. Most likely money related !!

They were laughing in the church because A) they were tipsy & B) They compared the surgeon to the size of a G spot ! lol.

There's a blip in this too. At the start of it when they are in the Church, Joe is obviously sitting on the left side of the church (when you are facing down) because he's looking over at them to the right (facing down), but in the second shot at the end of the show, he's over the right side!!
Author: shinny    Time: 9-27-2008 16:28     Subject: Reply 29#29 funny-girl101's post

Lol, you'll have to catch up & come and talk to us about Season 2 !!
Author: bala    Time: 9-27-2008 22:59     Subject: Reply 11#11 shinny's post

i didn't notice that
Author: bala    Time: 9-27-2008 23:13     Subject: Reply 30#30 shinny's post

she only other couple episode until she reaches it
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 9-29-2008 20:16

Ha! I wasn't surprised to find out that Charles was cheating on Nico. But the pregnancy!? Woah. I can't believe he just lied straight to her face like that when she reminded him of their history (how she was just a student of his...and look where they ended up): "I was single then. I'm married now."    I wonder what kind of trouble Megan is going to bring to Nico...

I'm looking forward to Victory's storyline. I read somewhere that they're bringing in a new love interest for her. Somebody who's like the complete opposite of Joe Bennett. Why is it that love triangles never get old!?   

Question: when does this show air? As in, by which day is it usually updated onto the site?
Author: peasonice    Time: 10-3-2008 07:35

I wasn't sure about this programme when I first watched it but I've stuck with it and now that the characters lives are becoming a little more complex I like it and will be following. Victory's contractor is caliente!!! And I read that he's a puerto rican pop star - how funny! I watch a lot of TV and sometimes it's just nice to have a break from the stuff that I love - FBI agents, dead bodies and/or supernatural powers hehehehe.
Author: bala    Time: 10-3-2008 08:12     Subject: Reply 13#13 peasonice's post

yeah i know this is something to watch when in a mood to relax
Author: bala    Time: 10-9-2008 10:16     Subject: Episode 3

I don't like new boss but great to mike from las vagas become a regular . but wendy losing her job was good ending-what is she going to do now. each woman own personal drama going on but i have to say i never expected anyone to get fired

[ Last edited by bala at 10-9-2008 18:54 ]
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-11-2008 10:43

I felt so badly for Wendy at the end of this episode -- and very happy for Victory! Rodrigo is a hot one!
Author: bala    Time: 10-11-2008 11:04     Subject: Reply 16#16 studiojek's post

Well she took the risk it's her fault
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-11-2008 23:44     Subject: Reply 17#17 bala's post

Fault or no fault - she did it because she thought it was the right thing to do. I felt badly for her anyway!
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2008 00:03     Subject: Reply 18#18 studiojek's post

but she put her job at risk-i think she got what she deserved
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-12-2008 00:19     Subject: Reply 19#19 bala's post

I think it's possible for people to make mistakes but still deserve compassion, don't you? Have you never made a mistake?
Author: bala    Time: 10-12-2008 00:36     Subject: Reply 20#20 studiojek's post

mistake is one thing but putting a sick man on a film and he died serious matter-if it was small mistake i agree she should compassion but she open her firm huge liability
Author: bala    Time: 10-23-2008 08:10     Subject: Lipstick Jungle 2x04

good episode so we find out nico brother
Author: shinny    Time: 10-23-2008 15:52     Subject: Reply 22#22 bala's post

Yeh and we also find out why she is so strong and independant. She never had anyone to rely on. Poor Nico. Her Father seems like a bit of a fool over his Son. I'm sure that's not the last we'll see of her brother.

What about Rodrigo's daughter? Well, she was a little madam! I don't like Victory and Rodrigo together. I don't think they are matched and not just status wise or whatever. I just think he's the wrong personality type for her.

Did anyone else think that Griffin has a thing for Nico? I saw it at the party they were at. I wonder where they will go with that now?
Author: bala    Time: 10-23-2008 22:16     Subject: Reply 23#23 shinny's post

i don't like Griffin  he's jerk even after nico told him it was her brother
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-24-2008 10:39

I don't like Griffin either - and he made me suspicious the way he was talking to her about her brother. I think he's up to something.

I felt so badly for Wendy. Do you think she'll start her own business or find her way back to work? Or will she settle into being a stay-at-home-mom now that things are a little better with her daughter?

I actually like Rodrigo and Victory together, I hope they can work things out.
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2008 10:58     Subject: Reply 25#25 studiojek's post

I thought wendy will do something . The character are high-power woman they will find something for her to do as job on the show.  i wouldn't worry about it.
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-24-2008 11:24     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

LOL I'm not worried, I was just wondering if the writers are going to have her move onto something else or make her a stay-at-home mom. I think she should start her own business, personally!
Author: bala    Time: 10-24-2008 11:33     Subject: Reply 27#27 studiojek's post

Well I'm sure we find in next week episode
Author: studiojek    Time: 10-25-2008 02:10     Subject: Reply 28#28 bala's post

That's why it's called a series LOL!
Author: bala    Time: 10-25-2008 02:36     Subject: Reply 29#29 studiojek's post

Well really here me thinking it was magic
Author: bala    Time: 10-30-2008 10:26     Subject: Lipstick Jungle 2x05

Who saw that guy was going kiss Wendy a mile away ?
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 11-1-2008 07:14     Subject: Reply 31#31 bala's post

*raises hand* But who saw Wendy kissing Dennis back from a mile away? Not me. That part was a shocker.

I don't like Griffin much either. I also thought he had something for Nico. But he might've just been a worried boss, who didn't want anything to happen to the editor-in-chief of an important magazine. I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the story unfolds.

I initially liked Victory and Roderigo, but I've come to conclude that I like Victory and Joe better. Like Shinny said, Victory and Roderigo just don't match. And his daughter's attitude....
Author: bala    Time: 11-1-2008 07:21     Subject: Reply 32#32 funny-girl101's post

Well two episode in one week and i just new episode that updated and it fantastic episode i feel bad guy who bought ring for victory . Nico want a baby maybe kerby will give her one?. great fashion show.
Author: studiojek    Time: 11-1-2008 07:50     Subject: Reply 32#32 funny-girl101's post

*also raises hand* Yeah, from the very first moment they were sitting at the soccer game together I called it - and it bugged me. I wasn't happy with Wendy kissing him back.

I also agree that at first I liked Victory and Rodrigo but now am liking Victory and Joe better. Like she said, he tells her things as he sees them and seems to understand her.
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 11-1-2008 08:07     Subject: Reply 34#34 studiojek's post

Yeah exactly! Whereas Roderigo keeps on complaining about Victory's lifestyle, Joe understands it because he leads a similar lifestyle. They do say opposites attract, but not in Victory and Roderigo's case...

New episode? What? *goes to viptv.net*
Author: bala    Time: 11-1-2008 08:16     Subject: Reply 35#35 funny-girl101's post

yeah they put episode yesterday for Halloween
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 11-1-2008 13:15     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

Haha, that's weird. I mean it would've made more sense if they aired the other episode first, since it had Halloween stuff in it (Wendy taking her kids trick-or-treating, Nico saying that she hates Halloween, Victory going to the Halloween party..), but yeah. Did NBC change the show's timeslot? I went on tvguide.com and the next episode will be on November 7th, which is a Friday... I'm confused.

But back to the show itself, I feel so bad for Joe. I found it a little weird for Victory to kiss Roderigo so publicly, but I guess she was still in her moment of euphoria and didn't really care. Poor Joe though... It's gonna be interesting to see what will become of their "friendship" after what happened. I mean, after all, Joe still owns Victory's label.

I do not like Meghan. The way she reacted to Nico's gesture seemed very ungrateful and I don't know, I thought she should at least be somewhat nice to Nico considering everything Nico did for her. But anyway. I think Nico would make a great mom...but I don't think Kirby's ready for being a father yet though.

As for Wendy, I'm really excited for her storyline.
Author: bala    Time: 11-2-2008 00:08     Subject: Reply 37#37 funny-girl101's post

they must change the show to friday
Author: studiojek    Time: 11-2-2008 02:01     Subject: Reply 37#37 funny-girl101's post

I feel the same way - felt so badly for Joe and was surprised about how she kissed Rodrigo. I hope that Joe doesn't give up on Victory though, I still think they have a future. Marriage was probably a silly first step though!

I'm also very excited for Wendy and her starting up her own business (called it lol!).

I actually think Kirby would make a great dad, and I think he's of the newer generation where he wouldn't mind being the stay-at-home-dad while Nico continues working.
Author: bala    Time: 11-2-2008 02:10     Subject: Reply 39#39 studiojek's post

i have agree that he is part of the newer generation where he wouldn't mind being the stay-at-home-dad while Nico continues working but as a man he probably still want job rather just being stay at home dad. i can't imagine him giving being a waiter for stay at home dad while nico work. no man want feel like he's not pulling his weight.
Author: studiojek    Time: 11-2-2008 06:06     Subject: Reply 40#40 bala's post

Taking care of a child I believe can be considered pulling one's weight
Author: bala    Time: 11-8-2008 10:17     Subject: Reply 41#41 studiojek's post

Well the new episode was interesting Wendy telling her husband about the kiss was going get her into trouble but kerby mum wow a part of me agrees with what she think about nico but it will be interesting to see what happens now with them don't you think
Author: studiojek    Time: 11-9-2008 01:32     Subject: Reply 42#42 bala's post

I'm glad Wendy told her husband about the kiss, though I don't think she was 100% honest - was it my imagination or did she kiss back? Anyway, I'm glad they cleared the air.

I think Kirby will end up moving in but they will find a new apartment together to get away from the 'ghost' of Charles.

I really hope Joe and Victory get back together! She looked happy to know he almost proposed!
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 11-9-2008 21:01     Subject: Reply 43#43 studiojek's post

Yes! I thought I saw her kissing back too. But I'm glad they resolved it.

I love those shoes too! How awkward was that moment? I disagree with Tina. I don't think Nico is treating Kirby like "a dress that gets worn a few times and then thrown to the back of the closet." She made a big step in inviting Kirby Bonfire's events and parties and everything. If she wasn't serious about the relationship, I don't think she would've done that.

I couldn't really figure out Victory's expression at the end. I thought she was mostly sad to find out that she hurt Joe so much without realizing. But I can kind of see happiness (mixed with shock) in her expression too.
Author: studiojek    Time: 11-11-2008 11:55     Subject: Reply 44#44 funny-girl101's post

Oh dear - totally awkward moment! There was something very creepy about Mom and Girlfriend being identical...definitely Oedipal! I agree, I think Nico is very serious about Kirby - and she may seem like the busy businesswoman kind of gal, but at the end of the day her friends and family are the most important things to her. I think she'll get pregnant soon!
Author: studiojek    Time: 11-15-2008 05:05     Subject: Episode 8

Well, I watched this episode from a whole new perspective knowing it's been cancelled. I didn't read the whole announcement - are they waiting till the end of the season or cancelling it asap? I hope we at least get some resolution. Here is how I'd like things to be resolved!!:

Joe and Victory end up getting married - hey, they could make the last episode a wedding one, like Hollywood has been doing since the beginning of time!

Nico and Wendy decide to open a business together, just the two of them as bosses.

I have a feeling Nico and Kirby would split up, but I would like to see them remain friends, maybe he could work as a photographer for the new business.
Author: bala    Time: 11-15-2008 05:32     Subject: Reply 46#46 studiojek's post

i'm still in 2 mind whether to continue watch this
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 11-16-2008 12:22

Ugh, I'm so mad at NBC for canceling this show. I heard there's 5 unaired episodes left, but I'm unsure of whether they were shot before or after the cancellation announcement. If would be awful if they just ended with an abrupt ending. I heard there're fans who are sending in tubes of lipstick to the big executives at NBC. I hope it'll have an effect.

Ahh Joe. I had a feeling that he was going to break off all ties with Victory, but for a second there, I thought he was going to propose.

What was with the Griffin and Nico scene in the beginning? No! Kirby and Nico all the way! But they do seem to be on different pages -- Nico and her want to settle down somewhere peaceful, and Kirby's unwillingness to leave the city. I don't think they'll break up, but I think that'll be one of the issues that they have to work out.
Author: studiojek    Time: 11-16-2008 23:36     Subject: Reply 48#48 funny-girl101's post

From the moment they did the "last time on Lipstick Jungle" type intro, I wasn't happy about the Nico and Griffin scenes, they were showing all those moments that they seemed to be getting closer. Then the scene with lunch...I am also a Nico and Kirby fan all the way! But, blech, who knows what'll happen since it's almost OVER =(
Author: bala    Time: 11-22-2008 09:17     Subject: Episode 8

Well i finally decided to watch last week episode and i liked it which is strange but I'm glad they told the truth to victory. the surprise party analogy was nice  but i lover her response but surprise party was cancelled you should tell her. . the spa was nice.

Nico and Kirby  relationship is always in trouble buy land and kirby likes the city but nico want peace.

Victory realise that guy was hitting on her and it her i would of said yes . Talk about bad timing i got wonder guy was thinking when said i was going to yes

i don't blame Joel giving back Victory business that was right move he clearly can't work with her. but her reaction was sad to watch
Author: bala    Time: 11-22-2008 10:01     Subject: Episode 9

Wow dropping the baby with Nico was funny i think the writer did the good thing see how she react and Kirby was good with the baby. Josie is cause trouble Wendy. but the dress victory was design what a surprise when she turned up. but at least she was sweet.  she was very good at dealing with Kelly.

Nico: who's max
Wendy: dog,dead

Her reaction was good ,  i really hope Shane doesn't cheat on Wendy.

Kirby was right calling child services but nico really like the baby

how exactly did Dara get back with victory?

This wasn't a bad episode but i have to admit this would been a  good episode end the series on :) but great clif-hanger i saw that coming a mile away think about she at home.
Author: studiojek    Time: 12-5-2008 11:07     Subject: Reply 51#51 bala's post

I think Kirby acted like a real idiot this episode -- the reason Nico lied to him was because he was being totally unsupportive and immature. This is a real problem that Nico has to deal with now and she's having those unexpected feelings about wanting to keep Charlie, it's too bad Kirby's being a baby about it.

I wasn't a big fan of Dahlia but like her now that she's back -- I agree, the nicer side to her is much easier to like! Good for Victory with the dress too.

WEndy and a third baby? Is Shane having feelings or Josie and so he's trying to fix their marriage by having a baby, just like we learned Wendy's parents did with her? I hope he doesn't cheat on her with Josie -- Josie seems sort of psycho doesn't she!?
Author: bala    Time: 12-5-2008 11:11     Subject: Reply 52#52 studiojek's post

Josie is an emotional reck
Author: bala    Time: 12-6-2008 12:15     Subject: Episode 10

Well it's over with Kirby   saw that coming i'm glad she realised he wasn't ready for kid i glad he told her he's is not happy any more.
Author: studiojek    Time: 12-7-2008 08:34     Subject: Reply 54#54 bala's post

Yes definitely was the right timing for them to break up, they were in very different places in terms of what they want in life. In his defense (I was hard on Kirby last week!), Nico has already had her career success and proved herself, but Kirby still has career dreams and would have to throw them away for a baby. I did feel so badly for Nico when she had to give Charlie back to his grandparents though.

This week I'm mad at another "husband" though!: SHANE! Stop being a damn baby, boy! I understand Wendy shoudln't have gone and accepted the job without his ok first, but Shane went and signed with a manager without Wendy's consent so - well..they're even! I think the kids are getting old enough, especially Maddie, that they can have balance in the family even with both parents working.

As for Victory - I am still holding out hope that Joe will see the error of his ways and come back into her life!
Author: shinny    Time: 12-7-2008 17:19

I honestly think Shane wanting another baby was his way of trying to keep Wendy at home. We heard him saying about it being "his turn" !! If I was Wendy, I'd say ok we can have another baby, but you're taking care of it. I'm sure that would soon shush him!

It was sad that Kirby and Nico broke up, but as Studio said, they are just in different places. It's such a shame though. I wonder will Kirby regret it?

Me too Studio, I hope Joe makes a reappearance soon. I know the show got cancelled so I hope this all gets sorted during these last few episodes. I'm doubtful though as they were made before the show got cancelled, well, put on hold.

I found out recently that Andrew McCarthy and I share the same Birthday. Although, he's 12 years older than me, lol.

[ Last edited by shinny at 12-8-2008 01:24 ]
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 12-10-2008 18:04

Aww, poor..Kirby and Nico. I mean, in Kirby defense, he is only 26 and still has a career to pursue. But then again, at some point, he probably should've realized that Nico isn't going to be all fun and games anymore.

On a side note, how awesome was that art exhibit (or whatever they called it). I would love to be part of something like that.

Victory and Joeeeee. Hahah. I hope he reappears before the episodes run out (hopefully we'll get more!).

Shane. Shane. Shane. I agree with Shinny, I think that the whole baby thing was his way of trying to make Wendy a stay at home mom. As for Wendy, that other filmmaker is a real nut job. Hahaha.
Author: bala    Time: 12-13-2008 06:59     Subject: Episode 11

Well look like things are getting interesting-i let you guys watch before express what's happen.
Author: studiojek    Time: 12-14-2008 05:57     Subject: Reply 58#58 bala's post

Yay, Victory and Joe! Though I have a bad feeling about it deep down...will Victory propose only to have Joe do something stupid? Let's hope not, it would be nice to end the show with a happy wedding!

I am not happy at all with how Shane is dealing with this new "arrangement" of things, but then again if I was Wendy I would probably be supportive of him going on tour. Yes, 4 months is a long time, especially since Wendy's working too, but like Josie said (I can't believe I'm agreeing with that nut job of a manager!), this has always been his dream and to deny it would only break them up in the end.

Nico and Griffin, hmm. Interesting. We did all see this coming from a mile away, but he was really sweet taking care of her. I don't really see him as new father material either though, and Nico wants this baby more than anything right now.

So do we know for 100% sure the show's been cancelled, is it official?
Author: funny-girl101    Time: 1-4-2009 21:50

Nico and Griffin wasn't a big surprise, but that kiss came out of nowhere! I have grown to like his character though. He seems to understand and respect Nico in ways that Kirby didn't exactly know how to. I'm dying to know Nico's response to Kirby asking her to Aspen...

Victory and Joe. *big grin on face* I bet that suit will become Joe's favorite suit. It better.

Wendy did the right thing by letting Shane go on tour. Sure, Shane will stay if she insisted on it, but he'll probably grow to resent her and blame her if his career does not work out in the future.

There's can't be only two episodes left. There's way to much drama to be resolved. *crosses fingers for more episodes*
Author: studiojek    Time: 1-5-2009 00:18     Subject: Reply 60#60 funny-girl101's post

Yay for Victory and Joe!!! If they have to cancel the show, they should just stop it right now as things seem pretty calm (or, calm enough!) for everyone! I wonder if the last episode will be Joe and Victory's perfect wedding!

I also agree that Wendy really had no choice but to let Shane go on tour. He was already rebelling against her, staying out till 5 and coming home drunk. I think it'll be good for their relationship. Or, at least neither of them will have any regrets.

I also wasn't expecting the Griffin/Nico kiss! But I also wasn't expecting Kirby to invite her to Aspen either! Should be interesting...!
Author: peasonice    Time: 1-6-2009 20:05

wow are they cancelling the show?? I'll have to read the thread.......well it would be a shame if so as I'll be the first to say I was dubious about Lipstick Jungle at first but now it's essential viewing for me, there aren't too many shows for 30/40+year olds out there (Private Practise, Brothers + Sisters) and we need 'em because the rules of life have changed since the last generation and we're trying to figure it all out!!!!! I thought the writing on the scene between Joe and Victory sparkled, I just imagined if that same scene and script had been played by Streisand and Redford.....
Author: shinny    Time: 1-10-2009 05:04     Subject: Reply 61#61 studiojek's post

I completely agree. If they are going to cancel it, then I'd leave it as it is right now. The only cliff hanger was Kirby and Nico, but I really believe she has moved on. She's got more in common with Griffin anyway. So I suppose they might have dragged that out a little more, but she's going to end up with Griffin anyway.  

I think it's great the way they captured how funny life can be. As soon as she froze her eggs, she begins a relationship with a man who clearly is at the same stage of life as she is and this would most likely progress to having children together.

I agree that Wendy had to let Shane go. Although, I've never liked his character. I think he over acts and even though I know he's British, his accent sounds forced !
Author: studiojek    Time: 1-11-2009 05:45     Subject: Episode 13

There was that montage of scenes at the end, was this the last episode?
Author: dannixx    Time: 1-21-2009 08:03

I think Kirby and Nico are going to get back together, I don't know why but I just do.
Author: studiojek    Time: 1-26-2009 11:39

So, does anyone know, is it official? Is Lipstick Jungle over??

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0