Board logo

Subject: Firefox 3 [Print This Page]

Author: cshapiro    Time: 6-26-2008 00:12     Subject: Firefox 3

It has been a week since Firefox 3 came out. Many people in this forum suggested upgrading right away but many of the members waited to see if there were any bugs in the new version. So, anybody that upgraded already, could you please let the rest of the members know what your experiences have been like and post to this thread. It would be a great service to the members here. Any information even second hand from the media is welcome. I think it would be helpful to have all the information about Firefox 3 together in one thread that could be easily referenced. Thank you for your participation! In my opinion, sharing this type of experience is very much the spirit of this forum. Here is the Firefox 3 information page with video tour and download link: [url]http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/[/url] [ Last edited by cshapiro at 6-26-2008 03:20 ]
Author: Fluffmeister    Time: 6-26-2008 01:09

I upgraded the day it came out, no dramas, highly recommend it the address bar is awesome
Author: 01torres    Time: 6-26-2008 01:51     Subject: Reply 1#1 cshapiro's post

I also upgraded the day it came out, its very good, few of my add-ons do not work e.g Realplayer Browser Record Plugin (but I don't even use that so not much of problem). Much better in my opinion also recommended by me.
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2008 01:54     Subject: Reply 3#3 01torres's post

They are no problems? Do the episode on here loads up ok ?
Author: 01torres    Time: 6-26-2008 01:56     Subject: Reply 4#4 bala's post

Of course they do, you know I would have reported a major problem like that. There may be small problems but not enough to notice at the moment.
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2008 02:51     Subject: Reply 5#5 01torres's post

Well i installed it and need to sort out new add-ones
Author: vic1992    Time: 6-26-2008 04:05

I've been using it since the beta came out and no problem. That is for those of us on linux.
Author: carlorica    Time: 6-26-2008 04:17

The only problem I had was that i had to reinstall all my plugins. It seemed to mess it up a bit. But that may have been because I had Firefox RC2. But everything is fine now.
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2008 04:25     Subject: Reply 8#8 carlorica's post

i had to update some of the plug-ins but 2 of them were disabled
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 6-26-2008 10:11     Subject: Reply 9#9 bala's post

One of the thngs I miss is the colourful tabs. It still has them, but it no longer allows me to colour code by URL, even though it says it does. I'll be glad when that feature is upgraded because I really liked it.
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2008 10:13     Subject: Reply 10#10 waterlilybarb's post

yeah i notice that to but it nice different colour so far it has decided colour tab this forum purple instead light yellow i had before.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 6-26-2008 10:32     Subject: Reply 11#11 bala's post

For me the forum is a blue tab - I had it as bright coral orange before, with the VIP site as a lighter shade of the same colour.
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2008 10:34     Subject: Reply 12#12 waterlilybarb's post

is it purplesh blue the forum tab ?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 6-26-2008 10:38     Subject: Reply 13#13 bala's post

I guess so. It looks more blue to me, but there is a hint of purple to it. Maybe they fixed it so whenever you go to a certain site it's always the same colour. I liked being able to choose the colours though. Now the VIP site is a pale yellowish green - not very pretty.
Author: bala    Time: 6-26-2008 10:41     Subject: Reply 14#14 waterlilybarb's post

i like that pale yellowish green for me that better because i can see the text more clearer
Author: pohcranmore    Time: 6-28-2008 01:00     Subject: firefox 3

Hi just replying to thread, download firefox 3 when i tried to watch a show the browser keep crashing so sent a report to modzilla, funny thing is i then couldn't access site with explorer or safari, had to uninstall firefox and get an old version from filehippo worked fine then, i think i'll hold out a bit longer for all the bugs to be squashed
Author: grah3    Time: 6-28-2008 05:04

hiya i have Firefox 3 and the shows work great...so it looks as though firefox 3 is good hope this helps grah
Author: moonglow    Time: 6-28-2008 11:31     Subject: Reply 10#10 waterlilybarb's post

how do you color code? it sounds neat and id like to try
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 6-28-2008 11:48     Subject: Reply 18#18 moonglow's post

It's an add-on for Firefox called Colorful Tabs. EDIT: HERE'S the link for it. :)
Author: moonglow    Time: 6-28-2008 16:28     Subject: Reply 19#19 waterlilybarb's post

thank you that looks cool
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 6-28-2008 16:55     Subject: Reply 20#20 moonglow's post

No problem. Glad you like it. I like it myself, as it adds a bit of colour, which is always nice.
Author: peasonice    Time: 6-29-2008 15:06

hey, I added the colour tab add-on you suggested - thanks!! Looks way, way better!
Author: chrisball35    Time: 7-3-2008 05:42     Subject: firefox 3 a no go?

Hey, So, i just upgraded to firefox 3 and for some reason it wouldnt let me play anything on VIP channel. I received an error message stating my real player add on was incompatible, when i re-installed real player and tried to play show's on VIP channel it kept telling me an Autoupdate was unavailable and crashed firefox. As a temp fix i've downgraded back to the latest firefox 2 update and wouldnt you know it, everything works again...weird Anyone else had such problems?
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 7-3-2008 06:18     Subject: Reply #23 chrisball35's post

That is odd...I have Firefox 3 and I know the VIP site works for me... I'm sure someone else will be of more technical assistance than me...we have so many problems that mods solve so I'm sure we've had this problem before... I'll PM another mod about this... I hope it'll help!
Author: chrisball35    Time: 7-3-2008 06:53

Hey, thanks for the reply... I shall look out for a fix
Author: codebreaker    Time: 7-3-2008 08:46     Subject: We did it!

We set a Guinness World Record for the most software downloads in 24 hours. With your help we reached 8,002,530 downloads. You are now part of a World Record and the proud owner of the best version of Firefox yet!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 7-3-2008 08:54     Subject: Reply 23#23 chrisball35's post

I had a couple minor glitches with the new Firefox initially, but nothing like you're describing. If you choose to reinstall it in the future make sure to check all your add-ons and plug-ins and update them as well. If you are using a Mac, please let us know. I know at least one of our mods uses one and she might have information on any glitches with it. For now, I'd say just stick with the older version since it is working for you. I'll try to do some research into it and let you know if I find out any info. ~Barb
Author: Speshul_K    Time: 7-11-2008 21:07

Well as soon as I updated all my shows continually stop and start. I have no smooth stream. It's like I'm back on dial-up again. Grrr! Don't suppose you can reverse an update?
Author: peasonice    Time: 7-13-2008 18:49

you can uninstall whatever piece of software started the problems and reinstall the correct, older version easily.... we have two mac's in our house, with the older Firefox 3 was too much trouble so we uninstalled and went back to the older version.....with the newest mac Firefox 3 is great, no problems! Has anyone downloaded the latest Realplayer for Leopard? We did and it looks cool but aside from new format + picture quality I haven't seen anything that makes it better than the last Realplayer!! Any thoughts?

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0