Board logo

Subject: The Closer Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: shinny    Time: 4-18-2008 04:22     Subject: The Closer Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well, I finally got to the end of season 1 and wow what a way to end. I really liked the fact that it ended the way it begun. The fact that Brenda won the team around to the point were they were the reason for her not losing her job or being investigated by internal affairs was brilliant.

I even shed a little tear....roll on season 2.
Author: shinny    Time: 4-18-2008 04:23     Subject: The Closer - Season 2 discussion (possible spoilers)

Please feel free to discuss any episodes of Season 2 here. Be sure to make a reference to which episode you are talking about.

I know I intend to !!
Author: shinny    Time: 4-18-2008 15:15     Subject: Blue Blood 2x1

This was a great first episode of Season 2. I was so glad that Brenda kicked Pope to the curb when he asked her out for dinner and I'm so pleased that her and Fritz are moving in together. They make a good match !!
Author: munch    Time: 4-20-2008 06:19

I finished the season.  I watched Overkill and the next night the 2 part Serving the King.  Awesome run of shows.  When I think back to the beginning and how much her staff disliked her and now she has their respect.  Wow.  I hope more of her past is explained in the future.  I find that there is some confusing in Brenda's beliefs.  She does not agree with the way the CIA deals out justice and yet in the episode Good Housekeeping she manoeuvered the perpetrator into the hands of the mexican justice system, a contradictory belief?
Author: bala    Time: 4-20-2008 06:26     Subject: Reply 3#3 munch's post

It's not that simple she has own set of ethics and on occasion she makes her decision for thegreater good even if it's against her morals like what happened in Mexican .
Author: munch    Time: 4-20-2008 07:41     Subject: The Closer - Season 3 discussion (possible spoilers)

Please feel free to discuss any episodes of Season 3 here. Be sure to make a reference to which episode you are talking about.  (Thanks Shinny)
Author: munch    Time: 4-20-2008 07:44     Subject: Episode 3x1 Homewrecker

As per usual, I really enjoyed this episode.

Excellent idea of piling up the costs in an effort to get Pope to change his mind about cutting a person from the team.  Shame it did not work.  

Shame on Brenda for letting Gabriel off to transfer so she would not have to take a decision.  Part of her job is administration and she truly sucks at that.  

Brenda also needs to commit in her private life, probably her upbringing.  Fritz sure is smart.  He knows how to win an argument.  

I'd move for Fritz.
Author: munch    Time: 4-20-2008 15:55     Subject: Reply 4#4 bala's post

So what you are saying is that her greater good is better than the greater good of the CIA?
Author: munch    Time: 4-20-2008 16:52     Subject: Episode 3x2 Grave Doubts

The LA Riots are always a touchy subject to bring up in a tv show.   Brenda did not let it stop her.   I hope she can repair her relationship with Gabriel.  

I can't wait to meet Brenda's father.  I don't think she deserves Fritz.  She always seems to be apologizing to him.
Author: munch    Time: 4-20-2008 17:41     Subject: Episode 3x3 Saving Face

Man I am so addicted.  

I really like this episode.  Reminds me of the keystone cops.  Det. Lt. Provenza and Det. Andy Flynn are at it again.  Showing poor judgement... again
Author: munch    Time: 4-21-2008 16:52     Subject: Episode 3x4 Ruby

I really hate shows about children.    It was nice that Provenza was once again comic relief.  I did not care much for Brenda in this episode.
Author: redsoxpatriot30    Time: 4-21-2008 17:27

Poor munch... I would post replies if I had actually seen the episodes... This summer though I'll make sure to watch the new episodes (as I hope to be doing quizzes on the new episodes)... You're almost done with the current episodes...a lot of time has gone by since the Amazing Race II...
Author: munch    Time: 4-21-2008 17:37     Subject: Episode 3x5 The Round File

I have seen this storyline on another series.  Can't quite remember which one.  Anyone else have an idea?
Author: munch    Time: 4-21-2008 17:39     Subject: Reply 6#6 redsoxpatriot30's post

Yep ... sometimes 2 a night.  I have been ignoring Grey's Anatomy (although I am almost finished it as well).  I may go back and watch The Closer from the beginning again.
Author: bala    Time: 4-21-2008 22:58     Subject: Reply 6#6 redsoxpatriot30's post

i've seen the episodes but can't remember what happens since i watched them when they air?  
Author: munch    Time: 4-22-2008 17:35     Subject: Episode 3x6 Dumb Luck

My favorite part of this episode was Provenza.  He does a great imitation of Brenda.  

I loved the end when Brenda gave the doctor a magazine and told him to wait.  I would love to be able to go to the doctor and after waiting 45 minutes charge the doctor for my time.
Author: munch    Time: 4-23-2008 17:47     Subject: Episode 3x7 - Four to Eight

My favorite scene - Brenda questioning the rival gangs and managed to get them talking
Author: bala    Time: 4-24-2008 01:38     Subject: Reply 11#11 munch's post

she's very good at making gang chats i love how she manages get 2 rival gang in the same car and make them targets

Provenza was once again comic relief.- i'm glad he was not made to retire when Brenda unit had forced with cut backs.

I can't wait to meet Brenda's father.- you might recognise him as coach of one tree hill Ravens.
Author: munch    Time: 4-25-2008 17:05     Subject: Episode 3x8 - Manhunt

Wow that was the most suspenseful episode so far.  A real nail biter at the end.  I was not surprised by the diagnosis of menopause, it will be interesting to see if the cause is some other health issue.  It is nice to see her team trying to be understanding as they can tell there is something wrong.8

[ Last edited by munch at 4-26-2008 22:22 ]
Author: munch    Time: 4-25-2008 17:51     Subject: Episode 3x9 - Blindsided

The tone of the episodes have changed slightly.  I think this one is my favorite so far.  I love Provenza.  And I really like Brenda's dad

I think Gabriel was surprised by Brenda's hug and sentiment but I thought it was so her and in the elevator when she called Gabriel her friend - super.

[ Last edited by munch at 4-26-2008 22:22 ]
Author: shinny    Time: 4-26-2008 03:59     Subject: 2x10 "The Other Woman"

This was an enlightening episode. I think it's always been obvious that Pope still have feelings for Brenda, but this was the first time that Brenda had some realisation of that too. It will be an interesting next few episodes......
Author: shinny    Time: 4-26-2008 10:25     Subject: 2x12 "No Good Dead"

Nobody saw that coming, lol. Pope's wife coming into the office and letting the cat out of the bag, so to speak. Brenda was so afraid of this getting out, because she thought she'd lose the respect of her team. In the end, she didn't. It didn't really matter.

2x13 "Overkill"
This was quite a dramatic episode. I loved to see the softer side of Brenda. She was so distraught when Kitty went missing and so relieved when she came back. I felt sorry for Prevenza. He was soft with the old mob guy and it nearly ended up costing him his life. Just as well Sanchez didn't let his guard down at all.
Author: bala    Time: 4-26-2008 10:57     Subject: Reply 5#5 munch's post

Well it really up brenda0i think she doesn't like anyone trying force her out of her investigation-CIA were trying take over brenda case and she didn't like that so think way to show not to mess with her
Author: munch    Time: 4-26-2008 14:24     Subject: Episode 3x10 - Culture Shock

Interestingly enough this episode did not hold my attention, kinda disappointing.  Brenda's parents might drive a wedge between Brenda and Fritz.
Author: shinny    Time: 4-27-2008 10:31     Subject: Reply 2#2 munch's post

So I'm finally on Season 3.

3x01

I agree, that was a bit of a shocker when we thought she might lose someone from her team. I think Gabriel's plan was really good. Not sure I agree with you Munch about shame on Brenda for thinking of letting Gabriel go. The commander said to her that she already had 3 Lieutenants in her department and what chance does Gabriel have there of making the Lieutenant rank. She said it to Gabriel in a way that she wanted him to decide if it was a better move for him. I think she was really caught in a hard spot. She didn't want to flat out not let him go, because then he might never get the chance at a promotion.

Is it just me or is Fritz getting better and better looking each episode? I think he looks great and he's a great guy. Brenda is slowly starting to trust him.....
Author: munch    Time: 4-27-2008 14:26     Subject: Reply 16#16 shinny's post

I see what you mean about Gabriel but I still think that Brenda is so good at what she does that everything else (manners, administration...) takes a backseat.  It is part of the charm of the show.
Author: munch    Time: 4-27-2008 17:36     Subject: Episode 3x11 - Lovers Leap

Poor Brenda ... surgery, no chocolate and poison oak

I just loved the way she plays cat and mouse with the FBI.  Fritz should look out, Brenda is one smart cookie.   I worry about Brenda and Pope, I hope she remembers what a sorry excuse for a man he is.  I would not want her to ditch Fritz for Pope.  I have noticed on a couple of episodes that she looks like she misses Pope.

Has anyone else noticed how sculpted her upper arms are?  She must work out quite a lot.
Author: shinny    Time: 4-28-2008 07:10     Subject: Reply 14#14 munch's post

Episode 3x9 - Blindsided

Me too. I loved this episode. I agree, the hug with Gabriel was really nice and showed Brenda's more emotional side, but that might be to do with "early on-set menopause"

I thought the comedic value in this episode was great. The two SWAT guys protecting Brenda were so cute !!

And what about Pope's reaction when he thought Brenda was hurt? The man clearly has strong feelings for our Brenda.
Author: munch    Time: 4-28-2008 12:36     Subject: Reply 19#19 shinny's post

As I have said, I hope Brenda does not throw Fritz over for Pope.

As for the "early on-set menopause"  the moods go both ways
Author: munch    Time: 4-28-2008 17:16     Subject: Episode 3x12 & 3x13 - Til Death Do Us Part

Wow.  wow wow.  This episode speaks to a moral dilemma.  Should Fritz have told Brenda?  Did she have the right to know?  It seems to me that it may not be the thing to bring up to early in a relationship but definitely at some point.  Brenda probably should have figured it out.  If the person you are with doesn't drink, you'd think that at some point you would ask why?  As for the DUI, I think he should have told her.  Better to come clean than to be found out.
Author: shinny    Time: 4-29-2008 03:28     Subject: Reply 21#21 munch's post

Yes, it's certainly a dilemma alright. I guess you do need to tell the person eventually, but too early in the relationship and it will cause uncertainty and perhaps be the death of it. So, yeh, I think you do need to hold back.

I'm not sure she should have figured it out. Some people don't drink because they don't like it, not because they are an alcoholic. My Mam doesn't drink. She hates the taste of it. She tried it when she was about 16/17 and decided it wasn't for her. Also, remember that Fritz told her he was "allergic" to drink, which is plausible.

I thought this was a great episode. It really demonstrated how well the team work together and how much the admire and respect each other. We also learned that Flynn has been in AA for 10 years, that was new.

Didn't the narrator say the Season Finale at the start of episode 13, but there are two more? What's going on there?!!
Author: shinny    Time: 4-29-2008 05:55     Subject: 3x14 & 3x15 Next of Kin Part 1 & 2

These were sad episodes. It was one time that Brenda's tactics didn't really pay off. I felt sorry for her when she was kneeling over Wesley's body, but I think it was fairly obvious that he was going to die.

Poor Grady, at least he thought his brother died being a hero, so that's good and that Brenda's folks were looking out for him.

I loved the scenes with Brenda and her parents, Wesley made her realise how lucky she was to have them. Plus the comedy act with Provenza and Flynn on the RV.
Author: munch    Time: 4-30-2008 16:17     Subject: Reply 23#23 shinny's post

This was a sad episode, although Grady does not know his brother died.  I think Provenza lost some respect for Brenda on this case.  She also may have done damage to her relationship with Fritz.  

I think she is lucky to have parents who love her so much and are willing to overlook her less desirable traits.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 5-14-2008 11:55

Ok, I'm new to the show, currently at the fifth episode and totally hooked already.
Author: munch    Time: 5-14-2008 15:47     Subject: Episode 1x01

I just watched the pilot again.  This is easily one of my favorite series.

The series begins with the death of a woman in Dr. Collier's (phd not md) home.  The police are unable to find Dr. Collier.  Dr. Collier's fingerprints are nowhere to be found but the dead woman's fingerprints are everywhere.  Ellen the secretary becomes the prime suspect when Brenda realizes that Elliot Collier was actually Alana Devon (a wanted felon).  Ellen killed Alana because she was in love with Collier and was angry that her lover was a woman and that she is not a lesbian.  

Enter Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson, CIA trained interrogator  with a reputation for getting confessions that lead directly to convictions.  She comes on strong and is not out to make friends.  She quickly shows her knowledge of police procedure (garage requires search warrant).  

The squad is introduced in this episode :  Detective Tao is verbose.   Provenza is old school and politically incorrect.  Sgt. Gabriel is the goody, always pleases everybody.

The entire murder squad requests to transfer back to robbery homicide.  Captain Taylor is not supportive, he is actually destructive to Brenda's leadership.

Brenda is effective at her job... she finds the weak spot and exerts pressure until her quarry buckles.

Her authority is in question and when she pushes her authority she comes off as the bad guy.

She has Will pegged. Will playing both sides of the fence - on Taylors side when he is with Taylor and on Brenda's side with he is with Brenda.

Brenda's drink  ... Merlot.

Interesting Quotes:
"Oh I never bluff, Sargeant Gabriel, I just express my optimism forcefully."  Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson

"I am, I am not a lesbian, I am a good catholic girl and I have tried to be one every day of my life."  Ellen

"Thank you, thank you very much."
  Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 5-15-2008 06:09

The twist to the identity of the victim - really amazing.
Author: shinny    Time: 7-15-2008 11:26     Subject: The Closer - Season 4 discussion (possible spoilers)

Season 4 is finally here and we can begin to discuss it. Please post your comments on this thread and feel free to tell us what you think about each episode !
Author: bala    Time: 7-15-2008 11:38     Subject: Reply 1#1 shinny's post

thank you-well this was fantastic episode i liked how Brenda dealt with the arsonist i mean it was obvious when brad kern -i have not seen him since charmed. i like the ending with candles that was scary but she handle it well-i hope he will be back in future . The fire story-line was good, i don't like reporter he's going make Brenda life a misery
Author: shinny    Time: 7-17-2008 03:36

Great storylines, great acting, great characters ah.....am so happy The Closer is back !!

Great first episode. I agree Bala, it was obvious he was the arsonist !! I

I hope they keep bringing Bill Croelick back into it. I think the scenes between him and Brenda are pure magic. He really gets under her skin and she hates that he can. You can be sure she will catch him out in the end, but I want that to be later rather than sooner. I didn't realise the actor who plays him (Jason O'Mara) is actually Irish. I never even suspected it and I've seen him in Men in Trees before. Great American voice !
Author: bala    Time: 7-22-2008 08:04     Subject: Episode 2 comment

Well there was not much to say about this episode but seeing two middle age woman having a brawl was funniest but it was nice of brenda to sleep on floor next her guy-that shows some nice thought.
Author: bala    Time: 7-29-2008 03:32     Subject: Episode 3

Well this was brillant episode taking on son of police Sargent and brenda did what she needed to get boy to confess for Rape. she really is good pretending to be a lawyer was brillant move arresting the police Sargent to get the confession. Taylor asking brenda help was interesting-i think he has come to respect her
Author: bala    Time: 8-5-2008 07:34     Subject: Episode 4

Well this was interesting episode, unique murder it's not often you capture a murder on tape.

Am i only watching this show?
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 8-6-2008 10:10

I am still not done with the third season- so it will be a while before I catch up with you all.......
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2008 10:12     Subject: Reply 7#7 Teachergirl's post

Ok, so me and shinny are only two member that up-to-date?
Author: shinny    Time: 8-6-2008 10:25     Subject: Reply 8#8 bala's post

I'm not even up to date yet ! I haven't seen the last two shows, much to my dismay. I don't seem to get 40 minutes (now 80) to sit and watch them + I want to do a quiz. Will hopefully catch up this weekend.
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2008 10:28     Subject: Reply 9#9 shinny's post

if you ask me i would done one for you?
Author: shinny    Time: 8-6-2008 10:35     Subject: Reply 10#10 bala's post

I know you would, but I really wanna do it myself. I love setting quizzes,
Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2008 10:36     Subject: Reply 11#11 shinny's post

it's fine I'm still waiting for casper 27 to give ok for eureka

i have so many quizzes planned just waiting time
Author: kwargalla    Time: 8-6-2008 10:42

Bala I'm up to date on my closer intake as well - just didn't have time to sit and write something.  
Brilliant season so far!! I'll just start at episode 4 though - looks like rocky roads for brenda & fritz.  about half way through their deal I was yelling at the computer trying to stop what happened in the end.  i felt so sorry for fritz he walked right into the trap.  i'm worried where this will take them!!?? as a couple.  
also speaking of couples what's with Daniels & Gabriel - i laughed so hard at the interrogation room scene  but was really upset by gabriel going be hind daniels back with the chief.  it really showed poor character by him which was slightly out of character for him (hopefully that made sense to someone other than me)
can't wait to see what's up next!!

Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2008 10:49     Subject: Reply 13#13 kwargalla's post

Wow i wasn't going to spoil all that but let deal with it.

brenda & fritz.-Fritz was right about brenda she cares about closing the case more than him.

Daniels & Gabriel- man i thought it was something different like Daniels pregnant but they just broke up-brenda handle that situation well.
Author: kwargalla    Time: 8-6-2008 11:01     Subject: Reply 14#14 bala's post

spoiler warning is in place plus we are on episode 4 - how long is one to hold their tongue but also discuss?

i agree with the preggers guess - that's where my mind had gone as well.  i think they ended the relationship to early we never really got to experience them as a couple.  but maybe that was their purpose to let us know co-workers shouldn't date.

Author: bala    Time: 8-6-2008 11:06     Subject: Reply 15#15 kwargalla's post

your right i don't know Fritz is going forgive brenda-she did something that was beyond her, i respect her get the truth but she was selfish-i mean they could arrested that drug lord but all she cared about was protecting him.

sometime i question how much brenda love him-i mean he a good guy and he has his problems like alcholism but he's dealing with it
Author: shinny    Time: 8-7-2008 11:42     Subject: Episode 3

Great episode, you really wanted her to get him & boy did she get him good. I loved the line at the end about the boys in jail cherry picking him, 'twas great !!

Episode 4
Provenza just cracks me up. Him & Buzz in the electronics room was so funny; but what made it hilarious, was Provenza eating the popcorn. Magical !!

Brenda & Fritz. To be honest, I think that Brenda thought he'd let her away with it and that she was totally shocked by his reaction. Hopefully this will make her realise what she could nearly lose, if she doesn't stop taking him for granted.

Gabriel & Daniels. I never thought she was pregnant. I thought that they'd broken up & that he was sour over it & that seems to be the case. He seems very hurt by the split (go back to previous episodes too) and hence why he tried to get her transferred. It was out of character for him, but men do silly things when their pride takes a knock. Hopefully they can work it out.
Author: bala    Time: 8-7-2008 22:17     Subject: Reply 17#17 shinny's post

you caught up i hadn't thought about brenda taking Fritz for granted-i have think about how in past he allowed her walk all over him but i am glad he has stopped, the next episode is going to be interesting.
Author: shinny    Time: 8-12-2008 05:58     Subject: Episode 5 - Dial M for Provenza

Loved this episode, probably because I love Provenza !! I think the relationship between Brenda & Provenza is unique.

The scene with the guy who stole the car, Provenza & Flynn was hilarious, the way he joined in on their celebration! So funny.

How Provenza got Angie in the end was great and the conversation between him & Chief Pope was good.
Author: shinny    Time: 8-20-2008 04:07     Subject: Episode 6 - Problem Child

This was a very sad episode, I thought. As Brenda said, what makes a child bad; nature or nurture?

I thought it strange that Fritz & Brenda have never had the "Children" discussion. I suppose they didn't really have it this time either. Fritz seems to have given into Brenda again, but you can see by the look on his face that he was disappointed.
Author: bala    Time: 8-21-2008 02:58     Subject: Reply 20#20 shinny's post

Well i would say sad but it's difficult when you have child who is disturbed like that but like father said he's not my son and that something you need to think about it.
Author: kwargalla    Time: 8-25-2008 10:32

tonight's episode "Sudden Death" of The Closer was directed by Kevin Bacon.  cool eh!

[ Last edited by kwargalla at 8-25-2008 18:36 ]
Author: shinny    Time: 8-25-2008 11:33     Subject: Reply 22#22 kwargalla's post

Yeh, I saw that Kim when I was looking up what it was about. He's directed a few before. Looking forward to seeing it though!
Author: bala    Time: 8-26-2008 07:42     Subject: The Closer 4x07

Well this was a personal episode that affect one of team member , i love how there found suspect in station-how stupid must you be when brother get arrested come with your mother to station and you shot the guy
Author: Milks26    Time: 8-26-2008 07:54     Subject: Reply 24#24 bala's post

I don't watch the show (I hate the fake accent of the lead actress), but,  I was intrigured when I saw the previews for this episode, more or less, with the Cop's actions and his emotions....can't remember his name, but I liked the actor and he did a great job.....
Author: bala    Time: 8-26-2008 07:57     Subject: Reply 25#25 Milks26's post

fake accent don't bother me
Author: Milks26    Time: 8-26-2008 08:00     Subject: Reply 26#26 bala's post

Well we all have an accent inherited from our birthplace, or where we grew up.

But, for someone who has a exotic accent, I hate when someone fakes an accent. Its just not Kara...but for any show...

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 8-26-2008 16:01 ]
Author: kwargalla    Time: 8-26-2008 09:57

great and moving episode!! we don't get enough of Sanchez' background story so this episode was a great opportunity to find out a little more about him.  

Raymond Cruz played the stages of grief  amazingly - especially at the hospital and at the very end!!  the part with the journalist was a bit out of place or something, maybe they edited a bit out or something, cause it seemed a bit weird to me (can't figure out whats bugging me about it)  The kid was a pysco!!  over the last 2 episodes theres no wonder why brenda is not wanting kids!

Author: bala    Time: 8-26-2008 10:00     Subject: Reply 28#28 kwargalla's post

maybe there's a theme
Author: bala    Time: 9-3-2008 09:06     Subject: The Closer 4x08

Well with amount new show last night i didn't get time watch the new episode so i watching it now, got hand it to fritzy making a fake call so he can't spend time with brenda parent's .provenza and brenda father was funny . Priory homicide seem take certain cases?.  What do you think?
Author: kwargalla    Time: 9-3-2008 13:18     Subject: Reply 30#30 bala's post

of course they only take certain cases - it's called priority cause they take the big cases that the media and higher ups in the dept. deem news worthy . but i think what's not being said is that the media (which makes the most of those cases a priority) is going to start complaining until brenda's job/ the whole unit is scraped because of the perceived special treatment.   

as for fritz - love the play to get out of parents sitting - fake phone call stoke of brilliance! and the way he put down is foot regarding their marriage - made me laugh!!    

Author: bala    Time: 9-3-2008 22:06     Subject: Reply 31#31 kwargalla's post

The look on her face at the end-priceless

i know but what is considered a  priority ?
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-3-2008 23:55     Subject: The Closer' spinoff in works

The biggest drama on cable is eyeing a spinoff.

The forces behind TNT's "The Closer," including creator/executive producer James Duff, are working on a spinoff from the hit cop drama starring Kyra Sedgwick.

TNT confirmed that it has handed out a script order for the spinoff but declined comment on other details.

"Closer" stars Sedgwick as a deputy police chief who has a love-hate relationship with junk food. It's unclear whether the untitled spinoff -- referred to in industry circles as "The Fixer" -- would focus on an existing "Closer" character or an altogether new one.

Like "Closer," the spinoff hails from Warner Bros. Television and the Shephard/Robin Co.

Duff is co-writing the story with "Closer" co-executive producer Adam Belanoff and Michael Berchem. Duff and Belanoff will co-write the script and also executive produce with Michael M. Robin and Greer Shephard.

"Closer" has become a ratings powerhouse for TNT, setting several cable ratings records, starting with its debut, which in 2005 became the most-watched series premiere on ad-supported cable. The record has since been broken, but "Closer" still ranks No. 3 on that list.

Sedgwick has won a Golden Globe for her role and is up for an Emmy -- her third nomination -- this month.

TNT is the latest network to explore a spinoff from its top series. CBS spun twice its hit crime drama "CSI." ABC's spinoff from "Grey's Anatomy," "Private Practice," is returning for a second season, while "The Cleveland Show," Fox's spinoff from "Family Guy," launches in midseason. Additionally, NBC is working on a spinoff from "The Office," while Fox and the CW are eyeing potential offshoots from "House" and "Gossip Girl," respectively.
Author: bala    Time: 9-4-2008 01:16     Subject: Reply 33#33 spratt89's post

Why would they want ruin it
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-4-2008 01:17

i have no idea
Author: bala    Time: 9-10-2008 03:31     Subject: The Closer 4x09

Wow what another great episode, brenda really is a pro when it comes to get confession change cop change to suspect was really a great move but a better move was to change her team priority to major crimes and have more reaching definition of the crimes.

i can't wait to see what they come up with as it has given the writer more scope which was a smart move since they running priority crimes now will have wider definition of crimes. i think this is a good move but what happens with the spin-off , it's going to be difficult to see how this show will cope or will this be the last season?

Author: spratt89    Time: 9-10-2008 09:29

i agree what a fantastic episode
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-12-2008 13:45

just stared to watch the first episode, so far so good
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-12-2008 14:51

great 1st episode, now watching second episode, death in shower
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-13-2008 13:55

she is becoming kind of bad, getting the Russian killed and then the sniper one, but her voice is really annoying to me
Author: munch    Time: 9-13-2008 16:46     Subject: Reply 36#36 bala's post

Do you think the end justifies the means?
Author: bala    Time: 9-14-2008 00:11     Subject: Reply 38#38 munch's post

i don't know
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-14-2008 02:26

when does she learn her way around, its funny how messy she is
Author: munch    Time: 9-14-2008 10:32

I love The Closer, however; it does make one think about ethics and the fine line between right and wrong.  This show makes the line wiggly and very thin, almost microscopic in my opinion.
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-14-2008 11:05

she does cross the line a lot
Author: bala    Time: 9-14-2008 11:12     Subject: Reply 41#41 spratt89's post

to get bad guys
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-14-2008 11:27

yes but she also gets them killed sometimes, but it saves money that way
Author: bala    Time: 9-14-2008 11:35     Subject: Reply 43#43 spratt89's post

not always most of time she get the confession and arrest the people-you make it sound like she kill everyone she arrest which is not true i think 5 times where crossed the line over the 4 years.
Author: shinny    Time: 9-14-2008 13:07     Subject: Reply 8#8 spratt89's post

Lol, yeh I found that hilarious too. Eventually she does
Author: shinny    Time: 9-14-2008 13:22

The way I look at her approach is that she can be very heavy handed but she often has to get a confession because of circumstantial evidence. Mostly these are bad guys, so I've no sympathy for them
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-15-2008 10:42

just finished the first season, and thought it was really good, now starting season 2
Author: shinny    Time: 9-15-2008 11:26     Subject: Reply 10#10 spratt89's post

I did the same Spratt. It was great being able to watch them all one after the other. Then I caught up during Season 3 and it was hard having to wait for new episodes !!

Pace yourself, after tomorrow's new episode, you'll have until January 09 !!
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-15-2008 11:38

I started from the beginning just after season 4 started and now waiting for tomorrow episode
Author: shinny    Time: 9-15-2008 11:42     Subject: Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

How long did it take you to watch them all codebreaker? I just loved it so much I gorged myself on them !!!

[ Last edited by shinny at 9-15-2008 19:44 ]
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-15-2008 11:54     Subject: Reply 13#13 shinny's post

About 2 weeks i think it is the best way to watch because it's still fresh in your mind
Author: shinny    Time: 9-15-2008 11:58     Subject: Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

Yeh, I agree.
Author: codebreaker    Time: 9-15-2008 12:03     Subject: Reply 15#15 shinny's post

Just finished The Shield and now started Close to Home
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-15-2008 12:05

i am watching about 4-6 a day
Author: shinny    Time: 9-15-2008 12:06     Subject: Reply 17#17 spratt89's post

Lol, it's sounds like we have a "habit"
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-15-2008 12:56

that's true
Author: spratt89    Time: 9-15-2008 13:35

love the season so far, my favourite one is episode 5, just great
Author: munch    Time: 9-15-2008 13:35     Subject: Reply 45#45 shinny's post

But again I ask... does the end justify the means?  And where do you draw the line?
Author: shinny    Time: 9-15-2008 13:56     Subject: Reply 46#46 munch's post

It's not as black and white as that. In some cases, yes it does; in others, it doesn't and she crosses the line. Mostly though I feel it does.
Author: shinny    Time: 9-15-2008 13:57     Subject: Reply 9#9 spratt89's post

Which one was that Spratt?

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0