Board logo

Subject: Stargate Atlantis Season 4-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-1-2007 11:20     Subject: Stargate Atlantis Season 4-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Seasons 4-5 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-4-2015 12:21 ]
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-1-2007 12:46     Subject: Reply #1 gabsimom's post

I just finished watching it.  I don't like that Weir is part replicator, but that might be the trick to how they'll get some ZPM's from the replicators.  

I noticed Torri Higginson isn't in the main credits anymore.  I wonder if that means she'll be gone soon.  If it was her decision to leave, then I say OK, but if they are getting rid of her to bring in Amanda Tapping (who I love) I'll be bummed.  I REALLY don't like it when they dispose of characters I like.  I'm still not happy about Carson's demise.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-1-2007 12:58

Well I hear we may get to see Carson soon. Hmm I wonder if it is a flash back. We know he did not acend.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-1-2007 15:40     Subject: Reply #3 gabsimom's post

Maybe it will be like after he died and was on the platform talking to McKay.  It wasn't real, but at least we got to see him and have a proper good-bye.
Author: bala    Time: 10-1-2007 23:17

Well i was waiting for you lot to see it i thought it was quite a good start to the season-a lot space SFX were cool and it had enough action to keep me intrested as to weir being half-replicator i agree that's a bad idea but if there had no choice surely that would be better decision than letting her die?

can't wait to see Saturday episode
Author: silver1978    Time: 10-4-2007 12:24

eeehhhh I was so-so on the episode really. The Weir thing is a bit of a cop-out I think, I am tired of replicators- give us something new and more freaky!!! And since Amanda Tapping is taking over, Weir is either going to die or resign. Maybe she will become the replicator queen
Author: bala    Time: 10-4-2007 22:55

that would be cool
Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-6-2007 03:46

So Weir is now trapped in the replicator city. With the Replicators busy fighting the Wraith and the Wraith busy with them who do you think the new big and bad is going to be? I hope its not the Ori or Micheal.
Author: bala    Time: 10-7-2007 05:51

i have no idea but i'm sure new bad in next few episode can't wait to see who it is
Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-7-2007 09:34     Subject: Reply #9 bala's post

Look at your pretty medal.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-11-2007 09:13     Subject: Reply #8 gabsimom's post

Just got to watch the most recent episode.  I'm loving this season already.  It will be interesting to see who or what they come across this season.  I REALLY don't want it to be the Ori either.  Maybe it will be some of Michael's super-wraith...but I hope not...they creep me out.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-13-2007 14:01     Subject: Reply #11 waterlilybarb's post

Just finished watching the 3rd episode of this season.  Things are falling in place.  Very nice.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-15-2007 15:03

ok just watched eppy 3. I felt a little short changed. The whole Ronan story line felt like a rerun. But Sam is looking good. Love the new longer hair and Rodney too funny . What do you guys think?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-15-2007 15:45     Subject: Reply #13 gabsimom's post

How did it feel like a rerun?  I agree, it was short on substance, but I didn't immediately guess what they were.  Samis looking good, and it was nice to see Teal'c.  Rodney never fails to make me laugh, which is always a good thing.

I think they probably spent so much on the first 2 episodes that they had to dial it back a bit on this one.  I like the stories about people, without all special FX, I just wish this one had given us a little more back story on Ronan.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-16-2007 04:31

I would love more about Ronan too. But I really had deja-vu with the story. I totally called the working with the Wraith thing. I can this season is gonna be one of the best though. Teal'c is so awesome I hope he visits Atlantis soon. He and Ronan would be so cool to see together. And what about Teyla as his love intrest. oooo.
Author: bala    Time: 10-16-2007 05:51     Subject: Reply #15 gabsimom's post

yeah it was rather predictable but i'm glad ronin is staying but was it just me or did sam actually looked better wearing the Atlantis uniform than Stargate uniform and it was nice to see tea'c in the episode even if it was only for 4 minutes 15 seconds.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-21-2007 10:06

Did anyone see the latest Atlantis episode? Sheppard did great playing bad/good. I liked the new take on crystal entities. What did you guys think?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-21-2007 10:23     Subject: Reply #17 gabsimom's post

I liked it.  I watched it yesterday, and agree - Sheppard does a good evil version of himself.

I found the dreams interesting too, since it gave us a little insight into what the fears are of some of our character.
Rodney was hysterical again.  And when he was in Sheppard's dream...that comment, "I thought there'd be more hot chicks," or something to that effect, along with Sheppard's response of, "I know", had me laughing out loud.

I like how they're not overloading us with Carter right away, and how whatever they experience, it seems she has a story of something similar happening before.  It's a nice way to include SG-1 storylines without them taking over.  On that note, this take on crystal entities was interesting and different from what had before.  They're keeping the stories fresh...I definitely like that.

One last thing, with Carter being military, does anyone else miss the splash of colour Weir's red shirts brought to the show?  I hope someone else starts wearing something brighter than khaki.  It's visually rather dull.

Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-21-2007 10:30

Quote:
Originally posted by waterlilybarb at 10-21-2007 18:23
One last thing, with Carter being military, does anyone else miss the splash of colour Weir's red shirts brought to the show?  I hope someone else starts wearing something brighter than khaki.  It's visually rather dull.
Yes I agree, Atlantis should have more color. They have people from other planets working with them, Why can't Teyla or Ronan wear a little color.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-21-2007 10:40     Subject: Reply #19 gabsimom's post

My sentiments exactly!
Author: bala    Time: 10-23-2007 08:52

Sheppard did great playing bad/good.?

i'm guessing it gave him a chance to pretend to be evil-i think he really enjoyed play his evil side.

i wasn't impressed crystal thing-i felt it was too predictable
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 10-27-2007 08:42     Subject: Just watched episode 5 - Travelers

Great episode.  For those who were worrying Amanda Tapping would take over the show, this episode shows there no fear of that.  

It's a Sheppard-centric episode, with only Rodney, Teyla, Ronon & Lorne appearing, apart from the guests.  It's quite possible we'll see these folks, known to us simply as Travelers, again...which would prove interesting.  Of course Sheppard, our resident "Captain Kirk", meets another "hot" alien, while Rodney complains that he only ever gets captured by wraith.

That's all I've got for now...I'm REALLY tired and in a bit of a .

Author: gabsimom    Time: 10-27-2007 09:50     Subject: Reply #22 waterlilybarb's post

This really was a great episode. But I am not to sure about this alliance. Maybe they will be the next big and bad. Also someone has had to find a way to shield their planet from the wraith. And what about a new alien race. this season is getting good and Atlantis has already been renewed for another season.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-3-2007 10:25     Subject: Teyla is Pregnant!

Just watched the latest episode. So good. Everyone lost their memory over a common illness suffered by children in the Pegasus galaxy. I know this was a filler episode but I just loved it. Rodney in love with Katie is the sweetest thing. I believe this next episode coming we find out Teyla is pregnant. Who is the father? I am guessing Micheal the wraith or Dr.Zelenka
Author: bala    Time: 11-4-2007 12:23     Subject: Reply #24 gabsimom's post

Well this was good episode it was very good filler episode it really kept you on toes in sense you were wondering what's happening and tayla is pregnant didn't know this but you got me intrested.i loved ronin shot sheppard

are you ever going set a quiz for this show-or will you just contiue with SG-1 until you reach last episode than stargate Atlantis?.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-4-2007 12:45     Subject: Reply #25 bala's post

Fun Atlantis Quizes are coming soon. Thanks for asking.
Author: bala    Time: 11-10-2007 08:57     Subject: 4x07 (spoilers if not seen)

wow what a episode, i will start with Taylor and dr kellier, i mean i really like this episode it was taylor centred and the fact she was on her own with no team and bad aliens made this episode quite good, we got pure adulated taylor-killing merciful without any problem was interesting-we always though she's a good fighter but we know that she has no problem killing those people. it kind of makes her more interesting. it really shows what she capable of becoming.

another thing i liked about this episode we learn a lot about dr.kellier i mean we hardly know anything this episode was perfect way to see what type of person she is-after eating disgusting thing i felt bad for her but she had no choice.

shocking revelation
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-10-2007 09:02     Subject: Reply #27 bala's post

Teyla was awesome this episode. I am glad Dr. Keller was forced to overcome her fears and face what it takes to survive. I think she learned some things about herself. I guess that guy is part of the new big and bad. How did He disappear again. Especially after what Dr. Keller did to him.
Author: bala    Time: 11-10-2007 09:09     Subject: Reply #28 gabsimom's post

he simple sneaking away remember he said 'i've got high tolerance to pain'
Author: camarin7    Time: 11-10-2007 14:43     Subject: 4x07 - Something We Need To Talk About

At the end of the episode, Teyla is in the infirmary. The doctor comes in and says "...you don't have a concussion, but after looking at your tests, there's something we need to talk about." What could it be? Something good or bad? An illness or disease?

What do you think?

My guess is that she's pregnant.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-10-2007 14:52     Subject: Reply #1 camarin7's post

All the spoilers I have read have all said she is indeed pregnant. No one could guess the father though. I guess now we know. Wasn't Teyla just awesome this last episode? Also check out the season 4 discussion thread.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-11-2007 16:54     Subject: Reply #2 gabsimom's post

I wouldn't have thought pregnant, though it did cross my mind.  I would have guessed something in her brain, since the doc had said she had concussion.  What do I know?

I'll go check out the discussion thread.

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 11-11-2007 17:05     Subject: Reply #28 gabsimom's post

I, too, was glad to learn a bit more about Dr. Keller in this episode.  She's definitely going to have to toughen up in order to survive...and she's well on her way.  Teyla was amazing!  Her skills as a warrior just get better.  It's good to see a female character that is so strong while maintaining femininity.

I wonder what race that guy is really from?  If his disappearance is indeed due to his high tolerance for pain then his race will be a new force to reckoned with.  Hopefully they are the ones that have captured the Athosians.  Teyla seems now ready to take on the galaxy in a quest to find her people.  If she is indeed pregnant she'll be even more determined to find them, as I'm certain the father must be the fellow with which she has recently "kindled more than friendship".  

I can't wait for the next episode!

Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-17-2007 15:02

Told you she was pregnant  Ok the vision of the city being destroyed here is my theory: It was really the replicator city and they changed the base code to make them destoy themselves. Where are Teyla's people?
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 11-18-2007 20:04

ok did i miss an eppy, when was teal'c at atlantis???
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-18-2007 20:08     Subject: Reply #32 mamaeyeore's post

I must of missed it too because I don't remember that either.
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 11-18-2007 20:13

hmmmm...maybe they are ahead of us...you know how some places see shows before us?!?!?

i found on sci-fi q&a with ronan that teal'c will be on with him.............

[ Last edited by  mamaeyeore at 11-19-2007 04:24 ]
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-18-2007 21:09     Subject: Reply #34 mamaeyeore's post

Really I posted earlier in this thread that it would be cool to see them together. Teal'c did appear for a few minutes this season in an Atlantis Episode but It was only for a few minutes and he was at the SGC.
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 11-20-2007 12:38     Subject: Reply #35 gabsimom's post

from what i saw Teal'c n Ronan fight, and in another part Ronan says you say Indeed alot...lmao i wonder if anyone really did count how many times he's said that

does anyone know how far in advance the tape the shows???   cause she just had her first baby, not sure when but i saw a prego pic of her.....................

hahaha   found it............

In June 2007, the producers of "Stargate Atlantis" confirmed that Rachel was expecting her first child. The pregnancy has been written into the storyline.[1]. She recently gave birth to a boy, the name is yet to be known.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Luttrell

[ Last edited by  mamaeyeore at 11-20-2007 20:58 ]
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 11-29-2007 17:56

i also found out that  4x15 is when teal'c comes to atlantis and carson will appear 4x 18 & 19   just in case anyone is wondering...i cant wait, i do miss carson    
Author: gabsimom    Time: 11-29-2007 18:01

Why did Carson have to go? couldn't someone else die? Isn't it interesting in both Stargates they kill off the Doctor? And not Doctor Who he hasn't been to the Pegasus Galaxy, yet.
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 11-29-2007 18:20

from what i understand the fans put up such a fuss when they killed off carson that they are bringing him back, whether its just for those 2 eppys or (hopefully) more dont know

Author: bala    Time: 12-1-2007 09:52     Subject: Reply 31#31 gabsimom's post

This episode was brillant it was great to see rodney and her sister-she's growing on me i wonder if they will make her member of atlantis whenever. it was fantastic episode i really thought that episode was very interesting but isn't risk that the ananites could communicate with replicator give Earth location away?
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 12-1-2007 18:37

did you know that his sister on the show really is his sister.....i thought it was a great eppy and rodney was gonna give his life for his sister   that was so sweet.....next week is the last new atlantis i think i might cryyyyyyyyyy.............i dont think shepperd was to happy with himself for talking that guy into feeding the wraith, not sure how i would feel in his shoes either
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 12-1-2007 21:41     Subject: Reply 41#41 mamaeyeore's post

I had actually forgotten that little fact.  Thanks for reminding me.  I love trivia like that.  As for next week's being the last episode, they always break their season in half.  That will just be the fall finale.  Hopefully, the writer's strike will get resolved over the holidays and we'll have our shows back in the spring.

I was happy to see Rodney finally understand the bond, and his willingness to sacrifice himself for his sister.  That was sweet.  As for John's feelings, they were definitely ambiguous, to say the least.  At least Wallace realized his responsibility in the whole situation and, in the end, did the right thing.  It probably wasn't that tough a choice, seeing as how he had just lost his daughter.  He most likely felt he didn't have much left to live for.

What about the fact that more non-government people are aware of the Stargate program?  It certainly opened up the possibility for more trouble to come from civilians.  And, bringing the Wraith to Earth, though necessary, doesn't seem like a really good idea to me.  He wants to get back in with the rest of the Wraith.  Even if he garnered just a bit more info on Earth, it's location and/or the vast feeding ground it contains, wouldn't that give him a huge bargaining chip to be brought back into the fold?  It will definitely be interesting.

p.s. mamaeyeore, when I said it was nice to see Teal'c, it was the scene at the SGC when Carter was leaving.

Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 12-3-2007 00:33

oh my oh my...was just watching some q&a on sci-fi and ronan n doc keller have a make out session...........mannnnnnn

Author: casper27    Time: 1-5-2008 05:51     Subject: SG Atlantis - **Spoilers** S04E11

Wow was so worth the wait, Cant believe the ending.
What do you think she meant?
Do you think the wraith survived?
McKay is fast becoming my favorite character genius.

Fav Quote:- "Colonel", "Colonel", "Colonel", "Colonel"
Mckay:- "You've got to be kidding"

How was it for you??

Author: 01torres    Time: 1-5-2008 06:21

Why cannot Weir die I really wanted this Replicator arch to end but oh no Weir is too clever for that. Now that the Atlantis Team think all the Replicators are destroyed she can work in peace without fear of discovery. But Mckay creating a Replicator himself now that was unbelievable I hope he does it again maybe with a certain doctor we all know and love.
Author: casper27    Time: 1-5-2008 06:25     Subject: Reply 2#2 01torres's post

Ahh i didnt even think of that, very clever. Im with you for Weir to just lay down and die but im also intrigued as to where this is going.
Do you think the Wraith got out in time?
Maybe Sheppard will get some loving in the near future, Hope so she is welcome eye candy to the show
Author: 01torres    Time: 1-5-2008 06:41

I think we saw a ship get caught in the explosion but that was on the Travellers ships. The next episode is about a damaged hive ship which was part of the battle so I think some of the ships may have been destroyed but not all of them. Even so only 7 Wriath  battleship would have been destroy and that not a lot.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-5-2008 09:44

I don't trust the travelers. They are after ancient knowledge. Weir? Bad or Good? Get to work on what? Who has Teyla's people. By far this was the best episode of the season.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-5-2008 10:52

That was an unexpected ending.  

As for Rodney creating a Beckett replicator, from the promos, it sure looks like that's a definite possibility.

Do you think Teyla should be grounded from offworld missions because she's pregnant?  She seemed pretty PO'd about it, especially since she still wants to find her people.

Author: casper27    Time: 1-6-2008 09:02     Subject: Reply 6#6 waterlilybarb's post

Course she should be grounded, cant count the amount oftimes she has been stunned, knocked out or just roughed up.
The Beckett replicator theory though, not to sure because in the promo he said "what took you so long" meaning he has been waiting a while for them.
Still want my theory of the Beckett that got killed been a replicator and the real one is still out there to be true. Heres hoping
Author: mamaeyeore    Time: 1-8-2008 07:35

I think John has other motives for grounded Teyla other then her being prego.....i think he was slightly upset as in maybe he had feelings for her, cause have you ever heard him take that tone of voice with her before....ouch...i'm not saying she shouldnt be, but man can you at least say i'm happy for ya, like ronan did.  I dont know about weir if she were good weir wouldnt she have said something to them???  Seems more like bad weirs in action now.  i hope ur theory is right casper cause that would start my year off right
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-13-2008 09:52     Subject: SG Atlantis - **Spoilers** S04E12

Wow what a great episode. I can't remember but has Teyla's ability ever been explained? Where did the Wraith DNA come from? You would think Wraith worshippers would have this ability. This was the best episode of the season IMO. I am a little frustrated they just can't seem to get a ZPM. It is like they are falling out of the sky and they just can't seem to pick one up. Also why didn't Sheppard shoot the queen right away why wait for Teyla to ask him?
Author: casper27    Time: 1-13-2008 10:11     Subject: Reply 1#1 gabsimom's post

Re Teyla's ability:- Quote Wikipedia
"On the mainland Teyla visits an old woman named Charin with whom she talks about her past and her abilities to feel the Wraith. After some hesitation Charin tells her a story about some people from another planet who returned after the Wraith captured them. However they were different, started to hear voices and because of this many of them were killed and the remaining left. It turns out that Teyla is a descendant from this people"
I know how you feel about the ZPM its like see ZPM,Get ZPM,Lose ZPM every time.
I think Sheppard may have thought it would harm Teyla if he shot her whilst still "Connected" maybe.
Cant believe they let the Wraith escape at the end surely they would have made sure he was in the jumper? Have to agree though was a brilliant episode and so visuals as well.
The Ancients were a bit stupid by the sounds of their battle strategies though.
8.5/10
Author: 01torres    Time: 1-13-2008 10:19

The Ancients were cocky like all great powers and they overstretched their border too much. At least we now know how the Ancients were defeated.
Author: silver1978    Time: 1-13-2008 10:31

Well we now have more of an answer about how the Wraith reproduce!
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-13-2008 11:01     Subject: Reply 4#4 silver1978's post

Oh yes that was pretty interesting. Ewww
Author: casper27    Time: 1-13-2008 12:10

Did you notice they put a mask straight onto the newly(Hatched/Born/Pucked) Wraith. Why do think that is. Surely its not for prosthetic reasons. Although not even a mother could love that face.  
Any further ideas what Weirs up to?
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-13-2008 12:20

No idea about Weir. I noticed a cast system among the wraith much like ants or bees. I suppose the mask is because it is underdeveloped compared to the other wraith. If you noticed it was pretty upset until the mask was put on.
Author: casper27    Time: 1-13-2008 12:24     Subject: Reply 7#7 gabsimom's post

Maybe its like a comfort blanket..
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-13-2008 12:31

ooo a wraith binky
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-13-2008 12:38

I have to agree, it was definitely one of the best episodes I've seen in ages.  Very cool how Teyla could communicate with her unborn baby, and that she found out it was a boy by this.  I figured it was because she was pregnant that she could use the Wraith technology more easily, but I was surprised that the baby itself actually could assist her.  And about the ZPMs - I KNOW!  They need to just get one already.  That is getting annoying.
Author: casper27    Time: 1-13-2008 12:55

I've got a spare one they could have

At a very reasonable price i've had it up on E-bay for ages but just got time wasters, Last girl some "Traveller" won the bid but just didn't turn up.Said she was having ship trouble or something and was running late
Author: tommble2008    Time: 1-18-2008 10:59

Yes that really anoyed me, especially when later she says " if you had even hesitated for 1 second then ,..... her baby dead!" he was moving slow and haning around like he was on the phone to her having a conversation. he could have shaved at least 15 second off the time she had to be controling the wraith. any way all ended well!
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-18-2008 12:34     Subject: Reply 12#12 tommble2008's post

Glad to see a new face, welcome to our discussions and please come back.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-19-2008 12:42     Subject: SG Atlantis - **Spoilers** S04E13

"Quarantine" - I loved this episode.  It gave us a chance to get to know some of our characters a bit better, and it gave them a chance to get to know one another better.  I have acrophobia so I was about to throw up when it showed Sheppard scaling the tower, and then when Teyla stepped out on the ledge to see what was going on I almost freaked.  I HATE heights.  

How about the look of a budding romance between the doctor and Ronon?  I never would have seen that coming.  And Teyla is huge!  How pregnant is she?  And how did she get so big so fast?  OK...the actress was actually pregnant, so I guess you can't hide that, but they should have tried to film some more stuff before she was so big.  

I felt sorry for Rodney.  Did it look to anyone else like his relationship might be over now?  He is arrogant, pessimistic and annoying, but Keller seemed to like him in spite of all that.  He really didn't do himself any favours by allowing his fear to overwhelm him.  Too bad.  What did everyone else think?

p.s. Sorry if I jumped the gun Tina, I just couldn't wait to talk about it since I just watched it.  BTW, it's here, even though it isn't in red on the main VIP page.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-19-2008 16:00     Subject: Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

No problem I do not mind at all. I totally saw the Ronan romance coming, just because in one episode he had a kinda look and I remembered his girl back home was in the medical profession. I thought he might have a thing for that. I think Sheppard is totally in love with Teyla he just won't admit it. I loved that Rodney did not get to save everyone this time and everyone just sat there trapped waiting on him  I don't think his relationship is over. I think he saved it by admitting he needed help. She knows she can't be with him if stays like that, but her glass is half full and I think she believes he can change.
Author: casper27    Time: 1-20-2008 02:11     Subject: Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

I totally agree about the pregnancy thing she was massive considering she is only supposed to be about 3-4 months gone. Felt quite sorry for Rodney I hope he didn't blow it but as Gabsimom said she likes him even with all his flaws and shortcomings maybe even likes him even more for them. The Ronon doc romance took me by surprise as well but I think there well suited seen as he's in there all the time anyway.
The look on Radek's face when Carter took off her top was hilarious, can't blame him though. What do you think of Sam's long hair? im not a fan I prefer her with short hair.
Im glad Radek saved the day though just to see Rodney sqirm a bit.
Always wondered why a self destruct always has such a long time limit surely if there was a outbreak that bad it would just blow up in 10 seconds or something.
Not a bad show but im more into the battles and stuff but it was good to get to know them a bit more.
Oh and yeah I agree Sheppard in so totally in love with Teyla
8/10
Author: silver1978    Time: 1-20-2008 18:33

Through the whole episode I kept expecting to hear that song "Let's Get it On" in the background LOL

I thought it was pretty boring for an SG:A episode. Although the scenes with Ronon and the Doc were the best part. I hope they get together- Ronon needs some love in his life!

And so true about Sheppard/Teyla. I think thats why he was more upset about the pregnancy then I think he had reason to be. Well, Teyla needs a baby daddy too
Author: bala    Time: 1-25-2008 05:54     Subject: Episode 11

Well this was fantastic episode 2 bad guys and Atlantis didn't see that coming and Fran,Mckay creating a beautiful woman replicator-she was so innocent , i love how she said 'hi' then maginised other replicator together.i really liked her it shame he couldn't create something less human.

Ep12- Well teylor ability i thought the baby might be part wraith which was my reasoning to think she flew a lot easier, ,we were wondering what the wraith was going to do with the ZPM in ep11 now i couldn't believe it. This was a taylor episode and way she took over the queen is impressive with her baby. They destroyed the cloning facilities
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-25-2008 17:49     Subject: Reply 4#4 silver1978's post

I think once they find Teyla's people, the father of her child won't live very long.  Once he's out of the picture we might see John & Teyla get together, but not right away.
Author: bala    Time: 1-26-2008 06:17

Well it's interesting to see character who normally don't hang around with each other like ronin and doctor better understanding of each other maybe some sort of attraction .Impressed Sheppard remember mckay password but climbing up the towers?at least we got see new side of Atlantis.
Author: bala    Time: 1-26-2008 07:13     Subject: Episode 14 'Harmony'

Simple day walk in forest-not exactly how i would describe it,Harmony is one manipulative girl   but i liked the fact that girl changes her attitude and painting at the end
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-26-2008 14:44     Subject: SG Atlantis - **Spoilers**S0414

I just finished watching "Harmony" and am still chuckling over the ending.  That little girl...queen or not, princess or not...WAS a brat.  I thought it was particularly funny that John told Rodney (known for his love of children ) that people usually find annoying in others qualities they don't like in themselves.  Talk about hitting the nail on the head.

Only Sheppard and McKay were featured in this episode, but it was nice to see the growth Rodney has made.  He's not nearly so cowardly as he was in the beginning...just mildly so, like most people would be in such dire circumstances, though he IS more vocal about his fear than most people.  I'm assuming that by his initial reaction to the thought of another sister means that he and Keller have called it quits.  I don't think he would call dibs if he still had a girlfriend.

The story was a good one, but I sussed out the evil sister pretty quickly.  And I could have done without the kid being quite so obnoxious.  Her proposal to John was amusing, as were her many threats to McKay.

What did everyone else think of it?

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-26-2008 14:47     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

You're right.  It was impressive that Sheppard remembered McKay's password, but when he explained how, it made it more easy to see how he remembered.  Talk about an ego!  McKay never fails to impress with how highly he thinks of himself.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-26-2008 19:40     Subject: Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

This episode was very cute. What did you think of the mini drones? only effective if you have them on you planet and are close by. Awful big machine too. Harmony was cute.  She changed sides pretty quickly, when mcKay saved her. she also played the young Adria, I think?
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-26-2008 19:50     Subject: Reply 2#2 gabsimom's post

I thought she looked familiar!  I think you're right about her playing Adria as a little girl, and she is very cute.
Whether I'd ever want someone like her to be the leader of my people is a completely different matter.  Being that quick to change sides isn't always a good thing.  If they have these people in another storyline, I hope that it shows her having good advisers.

Mini drones would be handy, as you say, in a limited area.  Not a pleasant way to die though...being swiss-cheesed.

Author: bala    Time: 1-27-2008 00:17     Subject: Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

i discuss this on season 4 discussion
Author: bala    Time: 1-27-2008 00:24

look like people don't use this topic any more
Author: bala    Time: 1-27-2008 04:23     Subject: Reply 7#7 waterlilybarb's post

What do you think ronin and doctor hooking up?
Author: casper27    Time: 1-27-2008 05:31     Subject: Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

I didn't even pick up on the calling dibs on the 3rd sister. There was no mention of a full break up but as you said I think we can safely assume it's on the back burner for the time been. Quite sad for Rodney although I think they will re kindle it later.
What a brat but funny with it I thought. Rodney's face when she blamed him for eating the chocolate bar was classic oh and the picture at the end
Good call on the Adria link I was thinking all the way through that she actually reminded me of a young Vala.
Not a bad episode but like Barb said the plot wasn't too hard to figure out.
Author: bala    Time: 2-3-2008 00:53

**SPOILERS - 4x15 - Outcast**

good episode but i can't believe i missed she was a replicator

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-3-2008 15:06     Subject: Reply 67#67 bala's post

They do, but I think Tina had been creating weekly episode discussion threads and then merging them into this one.  That way anyone not up to the latest episode wouldn't have anything spoiled.

As for this new episode, I was suspicious of the girl, but it didn't even dawn on me that she was a replicator.  I liked the way they gave her a decent ending though.
I would have really liked to see more of Sheppard's interaction with his brother.  And, i's probably just me, but I don't remember knowing that John was divorced.  It wasn't a shock considering the type of work he does, but I honestly have no recollection of it ever being mentioned before...but my memory isn't as sharp as it once was.

Author: bala    Time: 2-4-2008 09:22     Subject: Reply 69#69 waterlilybarb's post

That because he never talk about the divorce every time we see him he's in dangerous situation can you imagine in middle of fighting Wraith btw i'm divorce-the thing is we don't see what character do off duty-every episodes shows them fighting some sort of enemy.

i think that why they do these type of episodes to give background on the characters history.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-5-2008 19:55     Subject: Reply 83#83 bala's post

ROFL!  Thank you for making me laugh!  The image of Sheppard stopping mid-battle to chat about his personal life is ridiculous.  I thought maybe I had missed his mentioning it previously.  

I'm sure that will help put me on the road to recovery from this flu bug, because they do say that laughter is the best medicine...though the Tylenol doesn't hurt either.

Author: bala    Time: 2-6-2008 10:32     Subject: Reply 84#84 waterlilybarb's post

i would say it's ridiculous- if you think that's funny can you imagine if he called a time-out that would be more amusing.
Author: bala    Time: 2-10-2008 02:44     Subject: SPOILER-4X16 Discussion

This was a fantastic 3 character story-line and it nice to see them actually trying to work together , Rodney did a fantastic job holding on to the rope i just couldn't believe how much pain he was in, those rope burn on this hand look nasty but Sam sometimes i wonder what she's think , she's the most experience person on these type of mission and she actually gets injuried herself, you would think she would know better. it was nice that Sheppard didn't have rescue them and there were some great moment in this episode.

Was it just me or was that new Doctor making a pass at Rodney at end of the episode. i'm really enjoying the fact they really using her more this season than last but it sometimes wonder who she going end up in pervious episode it was Ronin and now it could Mckay because he saved her life. it coming across to this character is a bit flirt.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 2-10-2008 09:51     Subject: Reply 86#86 bala's post

I know what you mean Bala. When she hit on Rodney my jaw dropped. But I wouldn't look to much into it. She was a bit of a party girl and flirting is just a form of flattery in that scene, Doesn't mean she wants to snog. I think Sam got hurt so that the other 2 could shine. I mean you would would consider both of them weak and for Sam to save the day. I really wanted it to end with them going to the village and telling those Kids parent what happen
Author: bala    Time: 2-10-2008 12:00     Subject: Reply 87#87 gabsimom's post

It was a good episode but i think she's just grateful Rodney saved her life. she just repay the favour by being nice but your right i don't think it will go anywhere.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-10-2008 13:36     Subject: Reply 86#86 bala's post

TRIO was certainly the right title for this episode.

Just finished watching it and I really enjoyed it too.  It's kind of nice that the last couple episodes have been about only 2 or 3 characters.  It allows us to see different sides of them.  I agree with Tina that they most likely had Sam get injured so the other two would have to get them out.  And it was nice to see Rodney man up a bit more.  He can be very whiny at times, but this episode let us see the more masculine, protective side of him.  It was funny though when they were playing the who would you rather game.  He was so reluctant at first, which is understandable, but hilarious when he got into it and picked Job Stewart over Steve Carell or Stephen Colbert. lol

I was shocked when the doc asked Rodney for a drink too, but think it's definitely more of a flirtation.  She had a real chemistry with Ronon and if she's really going to get together with anyone, I would bet on him.

I also was hoping to see them go to the village at the end.  Those kids were brats!  It would have been priceless if Rodney got to tell their parents what they did.

Author: bala    Time: 2-15-2008 08:55

i noticed tonight episode has already been added to the site?
Author: gabsimom    Time: 2-15-2008 08:58

Really, Teal'c is in this one. I am gonna watch it now Thanks.
Author: bala    Time: 2-15-2008 09:02     Subject: Reply 91#91 gabsimom's post

i just can't believe it-i going watch after i finish all  the voting.
Author: bala    Time: 2-15-2008 09:55     Subject: Reply 91#91 gabsimom's post

i just finished watching i can tell you it was fantastic episode i liked how ronin and teal'c worked together it was a dream come true having these two work together fighting but that still didn't answer who was the better figher after 1 hour but i suppose they had respect for each other at the end.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 2-19-2008 11:58

Midway - 4x17

I loved this episode!  It was great to see Teal'c...and his hair was very cool...especially the white streak on the side.

I was wondering if we would get the answer to Craig's question as to who would win in a fight.  We didn't, but now I think it might be a draw.  They were very evenly matched.  

It was great to see them have to work together and there were some truly funny moments.  Ronon telling Teal'c that he says "Indeed" a lot, and Teal'c not even realizing it was priceless!   Also, when Teal'c said he would like to have a weapon like Ronon's...the response, "Get in line" was good.

It was nice to see the SGC again, and I liked that they made the Wraith a big threat once again...especially to Earth.  It will be interesting to see what happens next.  Teyla must be ready to have that baby any time, since she looked about ready to pop.  I liked too how Sheppard seemed truly surprised when she intimated that she wouldn't be returning to active duty after the birth.  Can't wait until this week's episode airs.

Author: bala    Time: 2-23-2008 08:19     Subject: 4X18

Well another great episode, it's good to see Michael again it been some time since he made an appearance on the show, i have feel micheal is love with taylor but what are recycling the stargate storyline? baby that evil-come on we already had this with Vala now you think the viewers are going to not notice that?.

but the ending-no f****ing way, that's the last person i expected to see   
Author: casper27    Time: 2-23-2008 08:30     Subject: Reply 95#95 bala's post

OMG I know what you mean caught me by surprise and I knew it was sort of coming..
Do you think Tyla's people are all on the ship as hybrid's or just her bloke??
Teyla can still kick arse even when heavely pregnant, I bet that guy ws a bit embarrassed got wooped by a pregnent bird
I actually like TODD he is growing on me, he might even get a place on the team one day!!! Stranger things have happened.
Author: bala    Time: 2-23-2008 08:54     Subject: Reply 96#96 casper27's post

Well i wonder how they going explain this?

TODD-i doubt there seem allies rather than enemy only when they need each other.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0