Board logo

Subject: Desperate Housewives Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-3-2007 05:40     Subject: Desperate Housewives Season 1-8 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Desperate Housewives Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 04:48 ]
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-5-2007 02:08

I can't believe Tom thinks Lynette is cheating on him!
Author: stone    Time: 5-5-2007 04:58

things would go beyond our ecpectations , you know .
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-5-2007 05:11

exactly.... Did you think that was going to happen?
Author: lindauk    Time: 5-5-2007 05:18

Looks good, I can't wait for it. Susan in the forset seems quite funny!
Author: pepelepew    Time: 5-5-2007 05:19

OMFG, gonna kick ass : D
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-5-2007 07:18

yeah! i can't wait for Lynette!DON'T CHEAT LYNETTE JUST DON'T!
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-6-2007 08:31     Subject: I have enjoyed it quite nicely.

I think season 3 is great. It might be a bit jumpy because of certain unexpected events (ie: Marcia Cross being pregnant) which they had to work around. Besides the normal script and plot changes such an event would cause they even had to set up a few sets at her house because she was put on bed rest for the latter part of her pregnancy. For instance the scene with her and Orsen when they are in bed lying down talking.

I admit certain episodes seemed like the tried to put a lot into it to make everything work and tie it together while over focusing some issues because of certain physical issues with the characters (mainly Marcia lol).

But overall I think they pulled this season off quite well and gave us a few smiles and laughs along the way.  And yes there were some excellent episodes in there like "Bang".

&&& I CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON FINALE! I think Gabby and Victor's wedding wont go through and as for the "surprise" wedding I think its going to be Mike and Susan... but I don't know if that will be much of a surprise since I think we all know it's bound to happen! LOL or at least so I'm hoping.

Maybe Carlos crashes Vic and Gabby's wedding and they get re-married?? LOL THATS A LONG SHOT.

=]
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-6-2007 08:34

I've done this deal with myself to stop reading spoilers (it really spoils everything) but i know something major about what's going to happen at Vic and gabby's wed. I think Mike and Susan get married (i hope for it anyway). The next episode looks great. Did you see the promo videos i put?
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-6-2007 08:36

Seriously all of you guys, do you think she will cheat?
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-6-2007 09:03

Yes I saw them! Thanks for posting them I had only scene the one where Lynette was crying. I'm so anxious to see tonight's episode. I've got it set to a timer and already told my hubby the TV is mine at 9! LOL
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-6-2007 09:11

I seriously hope she doesn't. But trying to piece the episode promos together I think she wont well I can say at least in this episode because Tom will see it all from the video camera and from that one shot when he comes in and is talking to her I think he'd be more upset if he really caught her doing anything. I think he'll jump to that conclusion when he first sees it but she will explain. However if anything I think she might kiss what's his face. I know the episode guides have been saying that Lynette finds out she loves another man. But you know how you cant always take what it says at face value. The like to throw little twists.

But in all honesty Tom and Lynette's relationship has been through so much this season, it feels like they are just setting us up for something bad to happen. =/
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-6-2007 12:52

lol you're lucky, me it passes on wednesday at 11 pm but i am watching it tomorrow on vip.tv-video.net !!!
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-6-2007 13:20

Aww thats too bad, oh but wait if you access to abc.com you can catch it there tonight after it first airsI believe. Here's the link just in case:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/desperate/index.html

Once there you click watch it now and then launch the player and scroll over to desperate housewives and choose the episode on the far right.  It's free and the picture quality is perfect!

Its pretty much commercial free aslo, well way less than you see from the tv. You get like a 30 second commercial 3 or so times for the entire show.
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-7-2007 02:08

I don't live in America so I can't
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-8-2007 08:55

I LOVED IT, especially Susan's storyline! (MIKE!!!)

I LOOOOOVED THIS EPISODE! I didn't even notice Bree had left for the first time. I must be used to it!!!!! Anyway at last MIke and Susan are together! Lynette and Tom are sure to be a strong couple! Victor was a bit mean to Gabby but she did deserve it!!!!!!
what did you think???
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-9-2007 01:42     Subject: Reply #10 xxjujuxx's post

This was a great episode. I mean did you see Felicity Huffman's performance especially what happened with Rick when she told him to leave. Wow.

And I loved it when Tom told that sleaze to buzz off! A lot of people have been ragging on Tom. I don't care I still love him! I mean they have both done certain things that has tested their relationship, but those test are what shows the strength of a relationship. I'd be very sad to see this relationship come to and end.        

On another note Mike and Susan are cute as always. I'm pretty sure there the ones that will get married but I think the have something in store for them in the next season! Especially with Mike's brother coming to Wisteria.

As for Gabby she got me a little upset in this one. By no means was that guy not a jerk and I cant believe how he bruised her wrist, but sometimes she really gets in there and pushes peoples buttons. Its sort of the same thing that happened in her relationship with Carlos. Don't get me wrong I like her lil spunk, it's just sometimes she can be a little too cruel or rather unthoughtful. I really wish she didn't loose her baby or at least that the adoption could have stuck. IMO she needs someone like Carlos! Some one that bring her back to reality every once in a while. But I guess this is all that makes Gabby Gabby. Take it or leave it you got to lover her for who she is.

By the way I for one did notice that Bree's been gone for the last two episodes. I miss her! I cant wait for her to get back even tho it wont be until the last episode!

So did you see the sneak peak for the next episode? Here's a link just in case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FELQR3MXsp0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9KbX_gyUG4
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-9-2007 02:07     Subject: Some of your favorite and most memorable quotes...

What were some of your favorite and most memorable quotes from this episode?

Carlos: Bros before ho's!        

Susan: I promise there wont be anymore drama. Unless I get eaten by a mountain lion, but that wouldn't be my fault.  
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-9-2007 10:01     Subject: Reply #11 janenjab's post

OMG i'm speechless !!! WHAT's WITH LYNETTE? DO YOU THINK SHE'S SICK????????? OMG OMG!!! i love the music and Edee's pregnant? omg omg best promo everrrr!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOu're great!
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-9-2007 10:04     Subject: Reply #12 janenjab's post

Yeah that's sooo funny. Your signature is so true, did you watch sliding doors? That film is about that. it's really cool! ok back to the current subject!!!

Vern: I can't believe one dress could cost so much.
Gabrielle: Well, I want to look fabulous tonight when Victor's elected mayor.
Vern: Yeah, but isn't it bad luck to buy a dress for a victory party before the election?
Gabrielle: Vern, focus. It's never bad luck when I look fabulous.
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-9-2007 10:48     Subject: Reply #13 xxjujuxx's post

I think she's the one that has the health scare. Might suspect cancer. That's a usual health scare in tv shows.

As for Edie! I can't wait to see what happens either, if she's really preggers. I feel so bad for her cause I think Carlos is still madly in love with Gabby.

And Your Welcome! It was my pleasure
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-9-2007 10:51     Subject: Reply #14 xxjujuxx's post

Good one! LOL

Thanks and no I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet! I've just seen it on commercials and advertisements and I love that saying so I decided to make it my sigy.
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-9-2007 10:59

you must watch "sliding doors" in that movie, just a split second changed that girl's life it's awesome! IT's A MUST-SEE!!
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-9-2007 11:01     Subject: Reply #15 janenjab's post

if Lynette has cancer, i'm going to have a heart attack!
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-9-2007 11:08

The show description says its just a health scare, but we know how those can be. Let's hope it really just a scare if it is cancer the suspect!  
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-12-2007 12:37     Subject: Episode 3.22 Discussion! What Would We Do Without You?

One of the housewives faces a potentially fatal health scare. A long-awaited marriage proposal keeps the residents of Wisteria Lane full of things to discuss with their neighbors. Carlos gets evicted from the Sims house. Edie hatches a plan to keep Carlos by her side and in her house.

I think this is such a wonderful title for the day, (Mother's Day) because I don't know what I'd do without her!

Anyways I think this episode will probably be centered mostly around Susan and Mike's engagement and Gabby's wedding plans. So on those notes I wonder how Mike will pop the question? He looks a little traditional when it comes to that sort of thing but with Susan's quirkiness it should bring a smile to our faces.

Now a little bit off topic of DH, how do you imagine your proposal, or if you're already married how was it like?

I don't know if any of you have watched Paula Dean from the Food Network, I think the way her husband proposed to her was so as she says "Romantical" and original. But I love a more intimate proposal as opposed to a big gesture one.
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-13-2007 04:29

ok i'm only a teenager, so i'm not married yet. My proposal would have to be on the beach, with nobody but us sitting on a rock overlooking the sea. Something like that lol
Author: magic4u    Time: 5-13-2007 04:47

i proposed on a £14million pound yacht traveling round sydney harbour right under the bridge on one knee she turned me down so never again ..
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-13-2007 06:16

seriously? Oh my! That's horrible.Really sorry! !! It really depends after how much time you spent with that girl
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-14-2007 12:38     Subject: First part of the season finale ... it was ok i thought

I really liked it but i expected more for a season finale... it sort of dragged on, i felt. That's my opinion anyway!
I liked the storylines especially Lynette's!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-14-2007 14:18

So what is happening over in Wisteria Lane?  I've seen the promos...what's wrong with Lynette?  Just wondering.
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-16-2007 00:09     Subject: Episode 3.23 Discussion! Getting Married Today! (Finale)

As Gabrielle prepares for her fairy tale wedding, Bree returns to Fairview with a surprise. Meanwhile, Lynette's mother Stella (guest star Polly Bergen) pays her a visit after finding out Lynette has cancer. Finally, Susan and Mike tie the knot in an unexpected location.

Here's the sneak peaks of the Season Finale!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfpANHhcfS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtGG1l1wSxs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5upg14d0Viw

I can't wait!

I see a lot of my theories coming to play! From the promos I can see Bree's 'pregnant' (or as I think, pretending to be). Besides that I really think Victor has some sort of alterer motive (I'm guessing something to pull votes). Anyways I'll stop speculating and just wait and watch as life unfolds on Wisteria Lane!

Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-16-2007 10:50

cancer
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-16-2007 10:59

OMG IT'S AMAZING!
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 5-16-2007 11:09     Subject: Reply #3 xxjujuxx's post

Thanx, even though I don't watch, still doesn't stop me being curious.  I saw promo for season finale, with that woman scolding Lynette for having cancer....and something else.  Was funny though.
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-16-2007 12:13

Was really funny. Bree changed soooo much!
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-20-2007 15:47

Few hours to go! I can't wait
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-20-2007 16:03     Subject: Reply #3 magic4u's post

aww magic I'm sorry to hear that, but you never know someone else might come along and change your heart.  

now back to DH, so i just watched this episode again, and it was a bit emotional. It had me giggling when Susan and Mike got engaged and when Gabby and Susy Q got a lil tipsy while discussing their weddings, then it had me tearing up when Lynette and Tom were fighting and again when she heard the news.

one hour to go now until the big season finale!
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-20-2007 22:12

So here's my review of this episode (WARNING: Season 3 Finale Spoilers Ahead!)

There were several emotions I experience while watching this episode:

(Relief)      Bree Hodge was like a breath of fresh air that has been missing for the last few weeks. Her return has been highly anticipated by fans and I for one was anxiously waiting. Her "pregnancy" is sure to be an interesting twist in season 4, and I know it will bring quite a few laughs. The minute I heard Orson's plan as he revealed before he went on his trip, I knew that Bree would concoct some big scheme plan and this was just what I figured. I can't wait to see how it all pans out next season since we'll be coming back just about the time the baby is due.

(Angst)            Now as for Lynette's Mom. She was such a character and had me laughing from the get go. Certainly a strong headed takes no crap sorta woman that will be sure to spark some fire. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing more of her. I felt so sad about Lynette she's been going through so much especially within the last few months. Her life's been a roller coaster everything from getting shot, career changes, problems at home and now to top it all off cancer! It lets me wonder what's next and I am however still a bit uneasy about Tom and Lynette's relationship. Though they have come around and have finally started to talk there is still a lot up in the air. I hope these two work things out and that this is not the straw that breaks the camels back so to speak.

(Resentment)      Going on to Gabby and Victor I was suspicious about him from the start and now his true colors have finally come out into the open! I can't believe he stooped so low as to marrying Gabby because she was Hispanic and it would help his campaign. What a Jerk! She better leave him and leave him fast! But I'm pretty sure this wont go so easy.

(Joy)      Susan and Mike's surprise wedding was so romantic and beautiful. It definitely brought tears to my eyes. But I can't help and wonder if the happiness they are having right now will last for much longer. What will season 4 have in store for these newly weds.

(Stunned)    ...    Now for the shocker! I really felt for Eddie when Carlos told her things were over but what did she really think was going to happen. As well I've always thought that Carlos and Gabby were meant for each other, but by no means did I ever expect Eddie to ever do what she did! Another suicide on Wisteria lane was certainly not what I expected, especially not for the confident and spunky Eddie Britt. But then again when you think about how things have been going for the last few weeks, she did start showing signs of a change in character… Being still in shock I don’t know how to feel about this, what if she’s really dead… Well we’ll all have the next 4 or so months to figure that out for ourselves.

All in all I think this episode was good, though Id wish they had more time to pan out the stories a bit, it was a lot to fit into only a 1hr show. Even though the did leave us with a lot of questions, a big one for sure being if Edie has really met her end, this is the season finale and for all we know things might all still be up in the air.

I’ll surely be tuning in next season to see what happens. How about you?
Author: peaheads    Time: 5-21-2007 03:46

This is going to sound terribly unromantic, but I'm kind of bored of the whole Susan and Mike relationship. The drama (yes, I agreed with the hiking guide lady) has just been going on forever! Am I the only one who feels this way?

I'm a big Lynette and Tom fan. They make me laugh and their relationship rings more true for me. Anybody else agree?

Looking forward to watching ep23 later today...
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-21-2007 07:56     Subject: Reply #11 peaheads's post

I feel your sentiments, Tom and Lynette are my favorite couple! I really hope they manage to work things out!
Author: stone    Time: 5-21-2007 08:40

They would , I think
Author: roca    Time: 5-21-2007 23:30

Bree's fake pregnancy is sort of expected. When she make her appearance, you can so totally tell her tummy is fake.

Lynette's mom is just irritating. Seriously, if I was Lynette, I would so totally kick her out of the house first. Who gives a damn about cancer when you have such an annoying mom.

Gabby and Victor... Come on we all know they rushed into the whole marriage too fast too soon. Their marriage is not going to last. I definitely see them having a divorce next season. Gabby is so not gonna put up with his crap. Pardon my French, but he's an a$$hole.

Gabby and Carlos... I wanna see them getting married next season. They belong to each other.

Susan and Mike finally got married. I'm so glad they did. Their wedding is just perfect. It's so beautiful, so romantic. I still can't believe Susan proposed to Mike LOL.

Edie, I'm glad she's gone. She better be gone! She is such an annoying biatch this season.
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-22-2007 04:26     Subject: Reply #5 roca's post

I think Lynette and her mom actually share a few qualities! LOL The both seem like strong minded women, and have both made mistakes in their past. I think she was funny with the kids though I wouldn't want to have her for a grandmother! LOL

As for Gabby and Victor I totally agree but I don't think he will make it easy for her!

My sentiments about Gabby and Carlos exactly!

Susan popping the question was such a her moment! LOL

As for Eddie you either love her or hater her, Right. I personally felt bad for her, and she was good for a few laughs.

Well can't wait for next season! I wished they had revealed something about the next mystery!
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-22-2007 10:30

I LOVE EDIE she was my fav character for the past few epsodes i am more than stunned that she's dead!!!
Author: roca    Time: 5-23-2007 07:00     Subject: Reply #6 janenjab's post

Like mother like daughter... I totally agree with you about Lynette and Stella sharing similar personalities.

And, you are right, you either hate or love Edie... I just totally hate her... Unlike Juju who totally adores her. LOL

Don't worry Juju, Edie is not dead yet. She's one tough cookie.
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-23-2007 09:55

like marmite lol i hated her in season 1 and 2 though lol
Author: vietbeat    Time: 5-29-2007 16:39

alot of people get married lol its just another person getting married
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-29-2007 16:45     Subject: Reply #10 vietbeat's post

Did you watch the show? LOL don't let the title fool you. There was way more than that to it LOL
Author: vietbeat    Time: 5-29-2007 19:37

lol watch a lil bit not alot been watchin deal or no deal so far show is exciting
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 5-29-2007 20:13

vietbeat please refrain from comenting in a thread, if you do not have something specificly to add besides "alot of people get married lol its just another person getting married" Unless you have watched the show. I for one can not comment as I have not watched yet. this thread is about a specific episode, feel free to watch it, and comment on it then.

Thank you.
Author: stone    Time: 5-29-2007 20:20

hehe ,it doesn't matter ,just speak out what's on your mind , and feel free to do that .
Author: dognxtdoor    Time: 5-29-2007 20:23

ok boss man says so...
Author: vietbeat    Time: 5-29-2007 20:50

oo my bads sorry havent got any time to be watching all the episodes i will watch it as soon as i can and post what i think later on
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-29-2007 20:54     Subject: Reply #12 vietbeat's post

LOL Viet, you should really check out the episode. You can catch it for free on:
http://www.tv-video.net/video/html/content_1497.htm

You'd be quite surprised SOME DIES! You'll have to check it out to see!

Author: janenjab    Time: 5-29-2007 20:58     Subject: Reply #16 vietbeat's post

No worries. I think he was just trying to say to keep posts relevant. Especially since we love hearing what others have to say about the topics at hand. And we do adhere to freedom of speech LOL.

Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-30-2007 07:28

hey janenjab, you just gave the major event of the episode away! lol
Author: vietbeat    Time: 5-30-2007 09:09

haha yeah i will watch it today the episode 23 so who dies?
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 5-30-2007 09:54

Someone important that's the most we're giving away right janenjab?
Author: roca    Time: 5-30-2007 09:56     Subject: Reply #20 vietbeat's post

Frankly, I don't think anybody will die.

They just want you to think someone did
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-30-2007 10:37     Subject: Reply #21 xxjujuxx's post

LOL juju It's sort of already given away in this thread discussion.... All our thoughts and reviews state it! So I was just trying to get viet to watch it lol!
Author: trulee    Time: 5-30-2007 16:57

I've just watched the finale - and I have to say even with reading things on the site the ending was rather a shock.  Cant understand why it happened.  It seems totally out of character.
Author: vietbeat    Time: 5-30-2007 16:58

damn you mods are confusing me
Author: trulee    Time: 5-30-2007 17:15     Subject: Reply #25 vietbeat's post

How so - state the reason for your confusion.  We may be able to help.
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-30-2007 17:21     Subject: Reply #25 vietbeat's post

WATCH THE EPISODE U WON'T BE CONFUSED! LOL.

Author: vietbeat    Time: 5-31-2007 09:29

some people say they died and some dont im just gonna watch the episode like janenjab said lol
Author: janenjab    Time: 5-31-2007 09:31     Subject: Reply #28 vietbeat's post

Yes that's the way!

Author: vietbeat    Time: 5-31-2007 09:32

haha yeah hopefully i will understand it lol
Author: eclecticreason    Time: 6-1-2007 15:47

honestly this is for some vip, but I did see the entire season of this show. Usually, this is as predictible as Bree's painted on smile, but this finale had some HUGE surprises. I'm wondering about the implications of Edie;s (sp maybe) decision at the end. I was hurt deep down, which is wierd since TV rarely does that. So there, Everyone watch this episode, and the strongest season of the Wisteria laners, and be surprised!
Author: trulee    Time: 6-1-2007 15:55     Subject: Reply #31 eclecticreason's post

I have to confess that I didnt see the ending coming.  A big surprise all round.  It will make the opening of next season quite interesting to say the least.
Author: eclecticreason    Time: 6-1-2007 16:57     Subject: Reply #32 trulee's post

Will it break Carlos? I think that it will kill the feeling, passionate side of him. Get ready for a corporate monster to emerge.
That's what I'd do, at least. I'd full tilt boogie it into some work.
Author: trulee    Time: 6-1-2007 17:10     Subject: Reply #33 eclecticreason's post

I think Carlos will feel this very deeply.  How his guilt will manifest remains to be seen.  First Mary-Alice then Alma not to mention Mrs Mcclusky's husband in the freezer & now this - its not the quiet suburban street we thought is it - roll on next season.
Author: roca    Time: 6-2-2007 03:06

The whole Edie attempting to commit suicide, I don't think it will make Carlos love her more. In fact, I think it will push them (Edie and Carlos) further apart and a step closer to bring Gabby and Carlos together again...

With the introduction of Terry Delfino soon, Mike's younger brother (in his early 30s, said to be hot and buff)... I think Edie will hook up with him after Carlos...
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-2-2007 10:15

I am just waiting to see if she's still alive! And if she's dead how will it affect the characters and the show...

If she is dead and Carlos gets that note...I agree with Trulee guilt and emotions will definitely play his conscience.

We will just have to wait an see... quite a neighborhood indeed!
Author: vietbeat    Time: 6-2-2007 16:12

whens the new season coming?
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-2-2007 19:29     Subject: Reply #37 vietbeat's post

The new season starts in fall.
Author: vietbeat    Time: 6-3-2007 18:55

wow this fall?
Author: roca    Time: 6-3-2007 23:14     Subject: Reply #36 janenjab's post

Spoiler alert...

Edie dead or alive?... If you don't want to know, STAY AWAY! Otherwise, check it out here. It's the 13th questions down from the top... you probably need to scroll about half way down the page...
Author: bala    Time: 6-29-2007 04:00     Subject: Silly show (

ok, let see how this arguement turns out. i been watching this series since it first bagan and to be honest i enjoyed the first 2 seasons than i gave up during season 3 because it became too silly to watch. question is where do i start?

Susan-man this has got to most clumpsy woman on Earth the situation she gets into are extremly amusing after 2 seasons i got fed up of this character. i just felt the writer took it a bit too far.

Lynnete-now i used to be a fan of her until she made Tom loose his job, -than during season 3 she became even more annoying bossy over running pizza shop . she turn into right B***ch.

Edie-now why is she on this show-she not a housewife and the resident tramp of wisteria lane.

The whole mike thing also got ridiculous however i'm guessing i'm only happy when he got hit by the car-shame he didn't finish the job   

This is why i quit watching it.
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-29-2007 10:09     Subject: Reply #8 bala's post

I merged your thread into this previously existing one because I feel it is best suited in this discussion as you can read we've discussed a few of the points you've brought up already.

Also you've hinted at a few harsh words and freedom of speech is adhered at this forum however I'd just like to suggest that you take the time to check out the Forum Rules, in particular the section on Negative Statements see here for more:  http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... &extra=page%3D1

Thank you for your input on cooperation.
Author: bala    Time: 6-29-2007 11:13

here me thinking you deleted it
Author: janenjab    Time: 6-29-2007 11:18     Subject: Reply #10 bala's post

I would not delete someone's post just because I disagree with their opinion. I like to keep things relevant and non redundant so if there's a previously existing thread that I feel will merge well with someones post I will do just that and merge them. I hope you understand and see the logic in this.
Author: bala    Time: 6-29-2007 11:51

yes i understand the logic jane
Author: kiki    Time: 6-29-2007 15:12

I think we should keep it simple and lay off the harsh words here...
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 6-30-2007 04:46

yes i'm with you on that point!!!
Author: xxjujuxx    Time: 11-8-2007 12:52     Subject: season 4 discussion

how re you finding season 4???
Author: bms102581    Time: 11-15-2007 03:57

I like it!  I love all of the mystery and story lines that Katherine brings to the show!  Her daughter is a little annoying, but Dana Delany is perfect as Katherine.  Also you know that Victor isn't dead in the ocean - but seeing him come back should be interesting!  
The only new story line I could do without is of Bob and Lee, not because they brought in a gay couple, but because they are not using them very well.  Hopefully the Chicago storyline will help to make them more interesting.  
They are even making Orson more enjoyable to watch, the scene with him on the scooter was perfect!
Author: trulee    Time: 11-19-2007 10:28     Subject: Reply #2 bms102581's post

I agree, I'm enjoying this new season much more than I thought I would.  I thought that they played out the Edie cliffhanger brilliantly, to pretend to hang yourself only to be saved in the nick of time, genius.

I cant believe that Bree & Orson got away with the fake pregnancy, I'm sure that will come back and bite them on the bum before the season is out.

I agree that Victor is not dead, he'll come back like some spectre just when they think everything is ok.

I'm intrigued to find out more about Katherine and her family.  What happened in Chicago and what happened in that room all those years ago?  I cant wait for Dillon to find the note the aunt left before she died.

Author: booley    Time: 11-20-2007 22:34     Subject: Reply #1 xxjujuxx's post

I am liking the new season I like Gabby and Carlos together. but the fact that Victor wants to be with her  and loves her so much is a bit off especially after what she heard between him and his father after the wedding about the latino vote.Bree is officially a nut. lol. Faking a pregnancy. I think Edie's nephew will return to get Julie back and discover there is a new baby over at the Van de Kamp-Hodge house and start to ask questions. The new wife on the street is a bit crazy i cant wait to find out her secret involving her "daughter" Dillon andwhy she really left in the first place. Wheres Zack?
Author: SirAlain    Time: 11-26-2007 15:31

It should pick up its pace soon. Eva's acting last night was just horrendous.
Author: bms102581    Time: 11-27-2007 08:53

Actually I wouldn't say Eva's acting was bad last night but instead it was her character Gabby's bad acting throughout the evening.  It will be interesting to see what Victor does now that he remembers everything from the boating "accident."  Do you think he will just try to kill them both, or torture them in some other way?  
I'm getting a little annoyed with Mike's drug addiction and the story line.  But I really like how Bree is getting along with her grown son.  It's nice to see that he is starting to grow up and take some responsibility for himself.  I also think it is making Bree's character much more likable and realistic to openly discuss her flaws and to work on them.
Author: SirAlain    Time: 11-27-2007 11:01

I am going to kill myself if I see Carlos put his hands in his pockets again. I swear.
I thought Victor was going to die, did the writers change the script?

Poor Edie is getting less screen time. Susan is beginning to annoy me. I like what they did to Andrew - it's about time he grew up!

And who is the girl stalking Adam? Maybe an ex-gf?
Author: trulee    Time: 11-27-2007 11:32     Subject: Reply 7#7 SirAlain's post

Please SirAlan, dont kill yourself, you can guarantee Carlos has a lot more hands in pockets scenes and we'd miss you around here.

You just knew Victor was gonna be ok, I'm sure the things he has planned for Gabby and Carlos will be excruitiating and maybe funny!  

I agree that its nice to see a more "normal" side to Bree, I'm glad her and Andrew seem t have buried their demons.

I do wish they hadnt given Mike this particular storyline, I dont see the need for it.  It would have been nice for him and Susan to have a longer period of happiness but it looks once again that Susans prophecy about things not working out for them is coming true.

It would have been better that he realised that it was Orson who ran him over but thats a whole other can of worms.

Author: SirAlain    Time: 11-27-2007 17:14     Subject: Reply 8#8 trulee's post

Yes, I was just going to say that! Whatever happened to that particular storyline?
Was it even explained why Orson ran Mike over? After Mike regained his memory, the tension between the two seemed to have faded ...
Author: trulee    Time: 11-27-2007 17:22     Subject: Reply 9#9 SirAlain's post

If my memory serves me, Orson ran over Mike who he'd framed for Moniques murder (with the wrench).  It did seem that Mike was piecing things together then didnt Orson  go over a wall.  I'm  bit fuzzy with the details.
Author: SirAlain    Time: 11-28-2007 10:11     Subject: Reply 10#10 trulee's post

Oh yes, I remember now. So Mike just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
What about in the hospital rooftop (?) - they were beating the hell out of each other, but Orson got away. I forgot what that was all about.
Author: SirAlain    Time: 12-2-2007 22:21

Loved the episode tonight. It was very suspenseful. Lynette's howl tonight made the hair on the back of my neck stand!
Author: bms102581    Time: 12-3-2007 06:55

So who do you think are the husband and friend that Mary Alice was referring to in the beginning of the episode?  I think Victor is the husband, but I'm not sure on the friend.  I'm thinking either Ida (the cat lady) or maybe even Carlos?  I can't imagine they would kill of the entire Scavo family in one episode, but wow that would be a big story!!  
Mike's drug problems is continuing to get more annoying, and how stupid of Susan to accept pain killers right in front of him.  And then be surprised when he (a drug addict going through withdrawals) to try to get some from her!
Also the scene with Adam's ex-patient/mistress getting pulled out the door was hilarious!  Could she not hear the tornado around her?
Author: SirAlain    Time: 12-3-2007 21:25     Subject: Reply 13#13 bms102581's post

I am really baffled as to who is the "husband" and who is the "friend". I'm not even sure if it's the same person or two different persons!
I think that by "burying" the Scavo family, then we would feel Lynette's pain and make the show more shocking. I do hope that they're ok - or else I'll die. lol!
The Mike & Susan storyline is just annoying. And Adam or Orson should have kicked the door open and beat the crap out of that pathetic stalker. She so deserved what happened to her.
I LOVE the special effects for this epsiode. Very nice!
Author: trulee    Time: 12-4-2007 16:24     Subject: Reply 14#14 SirAlain's post

I have to agree with you SirAlan, the special effects were awesome.  To see the devastation in the street and Lynettes howl - WOW.

I think that the husband is Victor (hard to see him recovering from that piece of fencing through his chest) as for the friend hmmm.  It could be Carlos, or it could be  the stalker Sylvia, she was described by Mary-Alice as being an old friend.  Seeing as though she went up in the tornado like Dorothys house in the Wizard of Oz, I think its safe to say thats the last we'll see of her.  Pity, would have liked to know more about what happened in Chicago.  Having said that, the husband could be Tom as he was barely able to breath thanks to the cat and those poor kids.  Please let them be ok I dont know what it will do to Lynette, I dont think she could come back form that.

Gosh I just cant think. Mary-Alice said they would ALL lose a friend.  Its driving me MAAAD. It was a good episode.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0