Board logo

Subject: Medium Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers) [Print This Page]

Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-3-2008 10:17     Subject: Medium Season 1-7 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Here's the spot to talk about season one.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-3-2008 10:18     Subject: Medium - Season Two Discussion Thread

Here's a place to chat about season 2.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-3-2008 10:19     Subject: Medium - Season Three Discussion Thread (may contain spoilers)

Here's a spot to chat about season 3.
Author: waterlilybarb    Time: 1-3-2008 10:20     Subject: Medium - Season Four Discussion Thread (may contain spoilers)

Here's the place to share your thoughts and opinions on season 4.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-11-2008 19:47

Everything after this point is a spoiler so if you don't want to know don't continue.
Ok the season premiere was over all very good. I am still very upset by the episode. A child was taken about 2 or 3 from a toy store implied molestation then fed rat poison and stuffed in a doll box. The rat poison made him bleed out from his eyes ears nose and mouth. Just horrifying. My husband and I can't stop kissing and hugging our little boy. This made me think about a close call my brother and I had. My dad was out of work and trying to find any money he could. He was a musician on the side and was looking for a band to play in. He would post cards on bulletin boards in bars. Anyway he had my little brother and me in the car with him and I was 4 or 5 and my brother was 2 or 3. My Dad locked us in the car to go post a card. A man came up and asked my brother and me if we wanted a Pepsi. My brother said yeah and the man asked him to open the door. I never jumped so fast but grabbed my brothers hand and yelled no he is a kidnapper. The man jumped in his car and drove away. My father came back and just sat in the car and cried when we told him. My father is a pretty tough guy, too. I can't even imagine what would have happen.

Author: shinny    Time: 1-12-2008 15:07

I've just started watching this from the very start and I'm hooked already. I'm so delighted that there are a few more seasons !!!

Does it continue to stay fresh?
Author: shinny    Time: 1-12-2008 16:50

Just watched 1x06 The one with the guy who kills someone 7 years in the future. I wonder will this come up in later episodes? Probably still too early to bring it up though.
Author: shinny    Time: 1-19-2008 10:43

Ok, I'm just finished with Season one (16 episodes later !!) and am about to start watching Season 2 with 22 episodes. I might need to take a break from it for a bit though.
Author: bala    Time: 1-20-2008 02:16     Subject: Reply 4#4 shinny's post

it get a lot better i seen all 3 seasons
Author: bala    Time: 1-22-2008 05:37     Subject: Reply 2#2 gabsimom's post

This was a disturbing episode everyone this she is a nut, Alison was in a tough position as people thinks she nut case but we know she's not . it must be hard not having a job. this really is an adult series with issues it deal with.
Author: bala    Time: 1-22-2008 09:18     Subject: episode 2 & 3

Well both these episodes are interesting but they were no surprises but still rather enjoyable to watch
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-22-2008 09:24     Subject: Reply 4#4 bala's post

I enjoyed them. It was funny how her daughter was dreaming about her. And was interesting how that cop was caught. This last episode was good but I can't believe that guy didn't offer Joe any money for leading him on and taking his wife's time.
Author: bala    Time: 1-22-2008 09:28     Subject: Reply 5#5 gabsimom's post

he said he sold the company to aerodynamics which is Joel old job.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 1-22-2008 09:48     Subject: Reply 6#6 bala's post

I know thats why I said he should have paid them for their time in finding his daughter.
Author: bala    Time: 1-22-2008 09:51     Subject: Reply 7#7 gabsimom's post

the thing is he says he's a sceptic so i doubt he really believe it was her.

but yeah he should of paid him.

sorry-too much time catch up on everything my head hurts
Author: shinny    Time: 2-2-2008 05:53

So I have finally made it onto Season 3. I'm totally hooked on this show now, it's one of my all time favourites. I love the relationship between Alison and Joe. When I started watching it first, I wasn't a big fan of Joe. Now I really like him. They work well together.
Author: bala    Time: 2-2-2008 06:00     Subject: Reply 2#2 shinny's post

wait till you get last 4 episodes of that season
Author: peasonice    Time: 2-9-2008 11:45

I agree with Tina, the episode with the little boy in the toy store reached my limit but I'm still a fan. I'm loving how Alison's hair changes each season. I'm also enjoying watching Ariel grow up and all the stuff that brings with it. I think that guy should have offered Joe some money too.....Joe is awesome. I'm hoping that Angelica Houston becomes a character that pops in and out like the mean lawyer guy whose son went to jail......I'm so waiting for the new episodes......
Author: shinny    Time: 2-9-2008 13:00

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 2-2-2008 14:00  
wait till you get last 4 episodes of that season
I watched the last few episodes of season 3 last night and I thought it was going to be something worse than that Bala !! I thought one of them was going to have an affair or something. I can understand how Joe went off the rails, after all he'd be through.

Question. You know the episode where they both come on as themselves at the start and say "due to recent events....." what exactly were they referring to?
Author: bala    Time: 2-9-2008 13:10

Question. You know the episode where they both come on as themselves at the start and say "due to recent events....." what exactly were they referring to?

When that episode aired there was high school shooting incident in States i can't exactly remember details but it was cause a 1 week delay in the episode from airing out of respect.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-13-2008 11:30

me too, after season three I wasn't sure how it would all continue but I like it so far. I like the way it deals with everyday problems, Alison and Joe seem so normal. I like that about them.
Author: peasonice    Time: 2-15-2008 18:06

yeah i do like watching certain shows for the fabulous, aspirational element but with this show it's the opposite. In a couple of episodes or more Joe and Alison admit that they dont have enough money or they could have had more money (but they had kids) and I like that they accept each other, the choices they've made and can see the benefits of what they have, it's kind of relaxing.

Has anyone noticed now that we're in series four how many different types of breakfast are eaten in the Dubois household?!

And for every time Alison wakes Joe in the middle of the night there could be an audience party forfeit, we counted four once!
Author: peasonice    Time: 2-15-2008 18:16

yeah i liked the way they did that - with the actors talking to the screen - I thought it was going to be a quirky way of starting a storyline at first.
Author: bala    Time: 2-18-2008 08:26

i'm looking forward to tonight episode-i can't wait to see it
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-19-2008 12:16

Me too!!!!!!! Can't wait to finish my lesson plan for tomorrow- after that it is off to see the show.
Author: shinny    Time: 2-19-2008 13:38

Woohoo 4x04 is up. I'll check that out soon when I have some time. I caught up with all the episodes over the past few months and didn't have too long to wait.

One of my favourite shows.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-20-2008 11:02

Well, I liked this one........ must be so scary to wake up and be deaf.
Author: shinny    Time: 2-20-2008 11:04     Subject: Reply 15#15 Teachergirl's post

I just watched it as well. Yeh, it kind of gave you some sort of insight into the world of a deaf person. Very interesting.

Anyone know when David Arquette started directing it? Just noticed his name on the credits of this show.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-20-2008 11:06

Is he the husband or the brother? Wait, isn't he the one married to the chick from Friends?

I must be honest- at first I checked if my laptop was acting up when the "deaf" parts started. LOL
Author: bala    Time: 2-20-2008 11:06     Subject: Reply 16#16 shinny's post

can you believe i was just going watch the episode last night suddenly i noticed moved VIP .

i always save all vip shows to watch on weekend so i can watch them all in one go but now i have new shows to watch on top of that
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-20-2008 11:07

I managed to watch them all except this one, now it is the race to finish everwood- episode 4 of season three, think I'll make it.
Author: shinny    Time: 2-20-2008 11:08     Subject: Reply 17#17 Teachergirl's post

Yeh, he's her brother. He's married to Courtney Cox.

Haha, that's funny
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-20-2008 11:11

Ah! I thought his name looked familiar.
It was so cute to see how Marie has grown and is reading now- she's so cute!
Author: shinny    Time: 2-20-2008 11:18     Subject: Reply 21#21 Teachergirl's post

I know, I thought she was brilliant too. Arielle is really grown up now. She's going to be a stunner in a few years. They'll have to keep a tight reign on her. And Bridget is still the same Bridget, she's a great little actress.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 2-20-2008 11:19     Subject: Reply 21#21 Teachergirl's post

So shocking and scary to think her stepfather was behind it. I like seeing Marie grow up too. If Mommy was a Llama. It makes you think how little people think you are capable of because of a disability. Of course if you lose your hearing yelling doesn't help or speaking slow.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-20-2008 11:37     Subject: Reply 22#22 shinny's post

I really like those three kids- they are all so different and I really like them. It is perhaps not easy to have Alison as a mum, especially not at this moment but they're so nice to each other and it was too cute watching Ariel helping Marie. Was that a real book about the Llama?
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-20-2008 11:38     Subject: Reply 23#23 gabsimom's post

Yes, to find out that it was someone she trusted- that is so scary.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 2-20-2008 12:14     Subject: Reply 24#24 Teachergirl's post

Yes I just found it on Amazon.com
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-20-2008 13:11     Subject: Reply 26#26 gabsimom's post

THank you!!!!!!!!!! I think I have to order this- my official excuse is teaching and needing easy english language books, but I also want to check it out! LOL
Author: shinny    Time: 2-20-2008 13:52     Subject: Reply 26#26 gabsimom's post

Haha, that's brilliant Tina !!
Author: bala    Time: 2-21-2008 09:03     Subject: Reply 16#16 shinny's post

more interesting joel because this first time he actually got involved with what Alison case does and i think he will appreciate that it ain't easy deal with her-having a love one lose their hearing i love how patient he is. he is more calm that Alison ,
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-21-2008 11:58

Definitely. He's been through a lot with her anyway and he must really love her- with the dreams she wakes up screaming all the time and that episode when she was in the asylum- that was so scary- bet it was also scary for him.
Author: bala    Time: 2-21-2008 12:10     Subject: Reply 30#30 Teachergirl's post

but he look calm about it.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-22-2008 05:57

I often admire his patience!
Author: bala    Time: 2-22-2008 10:59     Subject: Reply 32#32 Teachergirl's post

Well i think he used to it-look how he handled hostage situation
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 2-23-2008 12:01

That's right- I guess he knew what he was getting into when he married Alison- and he's a really nice guy- hope his job situation sorts itself out soon. I like the new twist the story has taken, love that new woman.
Author: bala    Time: 2-23-2008 13:04     Subject: Reply 34#34 Teachergirl's post

i can't stand her
Author: bala    Time: 2-26-2008 12:31     Subject: episode 5

Well this episode was interesting, the start of the episode with silent movie was nice because it was so different,Alison was put in a difficult position defending a man who was guilty of killing his wife but than when we found out who really kill her.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 3-1-2008 11:04

It was a new twist and I really liked this episode. Ok, I could have done without seeing the old DA in shorts but hey.
Author: bala    Time: 3-1-2008 12:01     Subject: Reply 37#37 Teachergirl's post

Yes and more disturbing thing she got away with it
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 3-2-2008 02:21

Yes, but that is what I like in these shows- a good show will not present the perfect solution all the time- sometimes the evil ones do get away and there's nothing the good guys can do about it- just move on and try to solve the next one. But that means we're not seeing superheroes and all the knowledge Alison has, in the end it can't solve all problems all the time.
Author: bala    Time: 3-2-2008 02:31     Subject: Reply 39#39 Teachergirl's post

so do i but you feel bad for alison
Author: bala    Time: 3-4-2008 08:54     Subject: Episode 6

Ok, this was disturbing episode but more disgusting than disturbing but i understand it when you at war you do eat human-being but why couldn't they just kill him rather that eat him. i never quite understand these type of things.

Bridget had dream about man who had his house broken into was interesting side-line story-line i'm amazed how her kids getting her gift and she's my favourite of the kids she just plain cute when she upsets
Author: gabsimom    Time: 3-4-2008 09:28

I was really shocked by this episode. When the senator was eating the sandwich I was gonna be . I was very surprised Joe just didn't come out and tell the man his daughter had a dream he needed a lock and many of her dreams are true. I think he would have believed him. From my understanding dreams play a big part in eastern culture.
Author: bala    Time: 3-4-2008 09:33     Subject: Reply 42#42 gabsimom's post

he wanted to protect his daughter but at least man did them a favour by payment pending rather than urgent
Author: bala    Time: 3-11-2008 03:24

felt bad for areal having those type of dreams are awful but it look like mother faked her death.
Author: bala    Time: 3-21-2008 06:46

This episode and last weeks episode really made for an interesting case i can't believe how they managed to connect it-we all figured out she was alive but the murdered women that dentist picked up match the women who was suppose to died in a fire, man that was very complicated and I'm glad to see Alison win for sometime. Still i liked how tie up loose-end.
Author: bala    Time: 3-24-2008 05:42

Another 2-parter episode i think my favourite parts has to be Joel dream-good life by kayna west that was brillant. .
Author: bala    Time: 3-31-2008 10:07     Subject: Reply 46#46 bala's post

So it look like i'm discussing the episode by myself-well that get rid cyntha doesn't it-i don't blame her that women got what she deserved.
Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2008 04:41     Subject: Medium 4x11

Wow what an episode i knew she wasn't the killer but was anyone shock to find out it was a man because i honestly didn't see that coming i love bit when he asked the cop he has ticket to baseball game that was rather funny but i guess the author got some publicity out of it but i got admit only murder that truly  grisoom was nail gun guy .
Author: gabsimom    Time: 4-9-2008 06:17

I figured it out when she was getting dressed to "ship off in the naval uniform" My husband thought she had a twin and I said no it is a guy. All the guys being killed just acted to sensitive to be regular Joe's Especially when you compare them with the guy she picked up with the fake accent. As for last weeks episode it was great seeing Joe having a dream. I was very sad to see Cynthia Keener kill that girl, now a person who helps others will be in prison.   Back to this week Loved how Devalos stuck it to his ex friend who stole his job.
Author: bala    Time: 4-9-2008 06:29     Subject: Reply 49#49 gabsimom's post

That's female institution for you
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 4-10-2008 06:47

When I saw the naval uniform I too thought that it could also be a guy. Still, interesting episode- especially how Devalos managed to turn around the situation in his favour.
Author: bala    Time: 4-10-2008 06:50     Subject: Reply 51#51 Teachergirl's post

he's a smart person and thanks allison got a heads up otherwise he would been in trouble.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 4-10-2008 08:58

I liked the fact that instead of hiding her he's giving her the credit that she deserves- after all she helped solve many cases for him.
Author: bala    Time: 4-16-2008 01:36     Subject: 4x12

Well this is going be intresting having dead ghost hanging around but he got away with murder because he's dead but look like alison has new partner doesn't like it because she can't get rid of him.

Kelly preston-i hope she doesn't get in middle of there marriage.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 4-16-2008 07:50

This was a good episode, I did not catch on the ghost was lying to kill the perp. I did still thin k the guy Allison saw was the real killer though.
Do you Think Joe got suckered by a good sales pitch?
Author: bala    Time: 4-16-2008 07:52     Subject: Reply 55#55 gabsimom's post

he a man and she's a beautiful women-do the maths
Author: bala    Time: 4-23-2008 01:54     Subject: Medium 4x13

Well this was a good episode-are all her children psychic i mean youngest pass her eye test by reading minds-seriously?-chances of 3 kids all having similar abilities bit too much but still Joel knew how to make sure her kids got what she needed.

Well they got away with murder but why murder her?
Author: bala    Time: 4-30-2008 12:19     Subject: Medium 4x14

This was another great episode that was just bad luck i mean of all the people sell a car to you choose sell to her and she figured out you committed perfect murder if i ever wanted to kill my wife that how i would do it.
Author: shinny    Time: 4-30-2008 13:00     Subject: Reply 58#58 bala's post

i watched this the other day and meant to come back and comment !!

What do you think will happen with Joe and his new business Partner? What a hussie, I hope she doesn't put the moves on Joe like Alison foresaw. Or if she does, that he doesn't reciprocate!
Author: bala    Time: 4-30-2008 13:03     Subject: Reply 59#59 shinny's post

i think joe would probably not do anything but he wouldn't tell alison that she kissed him and look on his face when she enter woman office said it all. Joe a good man but he still a man let face it she's a lot more attractive than Alison is my personal opinion.
Author: shinny    Time: 4-30-2008 13:08     Subject: Reply 60#60 bala's post

So being a "man" automatically means a cheater? Not so Bala, a lot of men have strong characters and don't cheat, just like some women do cheat. Besides, Alison is his wife and he's built a life with her. It's not all about her being better looking than Alison. Beauty is only skin deep and if there is nothing but the surface then there's really not much at all.
Author: bala    Time: 4-30-2008 13:11     Subject: Reply 61#61 shinny's post

i didn't say he would cheat i said he wouldn't tell allison about kiss.

if you read my comment i said he is a good man wouldn't cheat but i wouldn't blame him if i was him.

i just read my comment again i get what i was suggesting.

clear it up Joe would never cheat on Alison

[ Last edited by bala at 4-30-2008 21:13 ]
Author: shinny    Time: 4-30-2008 13:14

Yeh but you said "he's still a man", so what was that meant to mean?

Edit = Ok !!
Author: bala    Time: 4-30-2008 13:16     Subject: Reply 63#63 shinny's post

what i meant by that he might find her attractive but would probably never admit it to himself and he's good husband.the amount times Alison woke him up was awful  
Author: shinny    Time: 4-30-2008 13:19

Alison "You had an affair Joe?!"

Joe "Well yes, I mean come on, the amount of times you woke me up, what did you expect?"

Author: bala    Time: 4-30-2008 13:21

Alison "You had an affair Joe?!"

Joe "Well yes, I mean come on, the amount of times you woke me up, what did you expect?"

Alison: you knew who you were marrying before we got married
Joe: Yeah but you only woke me once a week not every night
Author: gabsimom    Time: 4-30-2008 13:23

If you noticed as soon as she leaned in he pulled away. This may sever the relationship and respect he had for her as a boss.
I can't wait to see next weeks.
Author: bala    Time: 4-30-2008 13:25     Subject: Reply 67#67 gabsimom's post

We are all in agreement Joe wouldn't do anything with her

was it just me did episode cut out at end when that happened?
Author: shinny    Time: 4-30-2008 13:26     Subject: Reply 67#67 gabsimom's post

Yeh, me either. I have faith in Joe (even if Alison does wake him in the middle of the night!!)
Author: gabsimom    Time: 4-30-2008 13:29     Subject: Reply 68#68 bala's post

It ended just like that I doubled checked, Stupid Soprano endings
Author: bala    Time: 4-30-2008 13:30     Subject: Reply 70#70 gabsimom's post

i wasn't sure if it got cut-off since no-one complained about it so i wasn't sure
Author: shinny    Time: 4-30-2008 13:34     Subject: Reply 71#71 bala's post

yeh, it did end very abruptly !
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 5-1-2008 00:59     Subject: Reply 59#59 shinny's post

I don't like that new business partner at all. But with his wife being a psychic I think Joe has to be extra careful! LOL
But seriously, I think he knows better than to throw away everything he has because of that woman. But I really wonder what her motives were when she offered the funding to Joe.
Author: bala    Time: 5-7-2008 07:40     Subject: Medium 4x15

Before i start my comment on this episode i want let people know we have new mod for this forum-horray who's very good quiz maker it's SHINNY

Well another great episode with twin story-line i just trying figure who's who so older brother is dead but younger isn't survived the shooting-how?, i just don't get all of this.

so nothing happen alison should trust him and i'm glad she did at the end but that's one nice robe

Author: Teachergirl    Time: 5-10-2008 10:42

Yup, he did pull away but still he kept it from Allison and that made it a problem. Too bad about hte Cashmere robe- I would not mind having one.
Author: bala    Time: 5-10-2008 10:45     Subject: Reply 75#75 Teachergirl's post

yeah i would love it-he could of given Alison as present
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 5-11-2008 01:22

Yup- but then, would you be able to wash a $2000 robe in the washing machine!?!?
Author: bala    Time: 5-11-2008 01:37     Subject: Reply 77#77 Teachergirl's post

good point
Author: bala    Time: 5-14-2008 05:30     Subject: Medium 4x16

Wow so it was all an act so she could get 100% ownership of the business and least other guy give joe a job?

nice ending
Author: gabsimom    Time: 5-14-2008 07:39     Subject: Reply 79#79 bala's post

I am so glad Joe was so positive about getting scamed. At least he sold his 1st independant invention for 1/4 million. We all knew she was snake we just didn't know what kind.

Funny how we are right back at zero. What about Joe's mom? That is the only loose end.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 5-14-2008 11:10

Poor Joe. But from the minute I saw his business partner I knew she was a bit fishy. I could not stand her. I really hope he'll find some peace soon, he's been through a lot lately..........
Author: bala    Time: 5-14-2008 11:19     Subject: Reply 81#81 Teachergirl's post

Now they have money-it's good
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 5-14-2008 11:26

Yes, he has the money but he also believed in his idea and he trusted that woman at first. And that is a disappointment though it is good the financial woes are over for the time being- it was sad when he was so scared about his family falling ill and not having insurance.
Author: shinny    Time: 5-16-2008 04:49

So Joe is going to work for another company on his own idea. I suppose it could be a lot worse. Wow, she really played him well. Such a pity that Allison didn't "see" that coming !!

I felt sorry for Tom at the end. It must have been hard for him to ask Allison for that favour, they way he had treated her in the past; but at least she was gracious to say she'd help him out if he came to her when he passes.
Author: Teachergirl    Time: 5-17-2008 01:19

I must say I felt sorry for Tom too, not that I was a fan before but it isnt an easy thing to ask for.
Author: shinny    Time: 2-25-2009 02:54     Subject: Medium - Season Five Discussion Thread (may contain spoilers)

To discuss all episodes related to Season 5
Author: bala    Time: 2-25-2009 03:34     Subject: Reply 1#1 shinny's post

Thank you create this but so far the episodes have been interesting, last week episode with a bomber was very interesting. I'm going watch new episode in a few days.
Author: gabsimom    Time: 2-25-2009 06:11

This season seems to about spirits taking control of Alison. Spoiler*** Ahead do not read further.
She builds a bomb and a spirit takes her over to finish some stuff I am a little disappointed so far but the show is still good.

Welcome to FriendVista.com (http://friendvista.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0